Your World Champion Los Angeles Lakers (The Official HOF Celebration Thread!!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ETHIO-LAKER
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Has it really sunk in for you yet? Not for me.

k4lakers wrote:
ETHIO-LAKER wrote:
It still hasn't for me. I watched the game at a graduation party with a bunch of kids who had the X-Box hooked to the TV before the game and lost the remote control to switch the TV back to the game. They had this weird TV that needs a remote control to change. By the time we found the remote control it was half time. Needless to say, it threw me off from my normal watching ritual at home with a beer in one hand and the remote in the other and no interruption from anyone. But it was sweet too because there were a couple of haters at the party - a Pacers fan and a Mavs fan, so it was sweet ragging on the for a while. But still it was sort of a weird feeling watching the Lakers win it all in a different surrounding.

But of course the game was on my DVR and I stayed up until 1AP watching the first half last night. . But it has not sunk in yet. I can't wait to get home and watch the whole thing over and over and over again after I burn a DVD of this game and the ceremony on DVD. THIS HAS TO BE THE SWEETEST ONE since we beat Boston at the Garden.

PURPLE AND GOLD FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

I had a similar circumstance. Just as the pre-game was coming on, we realized that 2 of our dogs had gotten out of the yard and were missing. We drove around for hours looking for them, but couldn't find them. I saw a car of Lakers fans whooping it up so I flipped on the radio and heard Spero say that the Lakers were celebrating, putting on their shirts, etc. and that's how I found out they won.

The good news is that around 10:30pm after half-heartedly watching the post game coverage, we found out that our dogs had been found and are safely at the local shelter. After celebrating that, we made margaritas and watched the pre-game, THE game and post game again and stayed up until 3am.

It was definitely not the way I envisioned this day, but I'll definitely be celebrating at the parade!

I am happy you found your dogs safe. Look at it this way, it was a doubly memorable day for you! If I were you I'd consider changing the names of your dogs to Pau and Wow or Kobe and Fish or like I heard this morning on the Dan Patrick show, 10 - 4 (10 for Phil and 4 for Kobe).

Congrats to you too!
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: Has it really sunk in for you yet? Not for me.

ETHIO-LAKER wrote:
k4lakers wrote:
ETHIO-LAKER wrote:
It still hasn't for me. I watched the game at a graduation party with a bunch of kids who had the X-Box hooked to the TV before the game and lost the remote control to switch the TV back to the game. They had this weird TV that needs a remote control to change. By the time we found the remote control it was half time. Needless to say, it threw me off from my normal watching ritual at home with a beer in one hand and the remote in the other and no interruption from anyone. But it was sweet too because there were a couple of haters at the party - a Pacers fan and a Mavs fan, so it was sweet ragging on the for a while. But still it was sort of a weird feeling watching the Lakers win it all in a different surrounding.

But of course the game was on my DVR and I stayed up until 1AP watching the first half last night. . But it has not sunk in yet. I can't wait to get home and watch the whole thing over and over and over again after I burn a DVD of this game and the ceremony on DVD. THIS HAS TO BE THE SWEETEST ONE since we beat Boston at the Garden.

I had a similar circumstance. Just as the pre-game was coming on, we realized that 2 of our dogs had gotten out of the yard and were missing. We drove around for hours looking for them, but couldn't find them. I saw a car of Lakers fans whooping it up so I flipped on the radio and heard Spero say that the Lakers were celebrating, putting on their shirts, etc. and that's how I found out they won.

The good news is that around 10:30pm after half-heartedly watching the post game coverage, we found out that our dogs had been found and are safely at the local shelter. After celebrating that, we made margaritas and watched the pre-game, THE game and post game again and stayed up until 3am.

It was definitely not the way I envisioned this day, but I'll definitely be celebrating at the parade!

I am happy you found your dogs safe. Look at it this way, it was a doubly memorable day for you! If I were you I'd consider changing the names of your dogs to Pau and Wow or Kobe and Fish or like I heard this morning on the Dan Patrick show, 10 - 4 (10 for Phil and 4 for Kobe).

Congrats to you too!

Well, one of them is named KOBE. The lady at the shelter said, "Well, one Kobe had a good day (Bryant), while the other Kobe, not so much."
ETHIO-LAKER
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Has it really sunk in for you yet? Not for me.

k4lakers wrote:
ETHIO-LAKER wrote:
k4lakers wrote:
ETHIO-LAKER wrote:

Congrats to you too!

Well, one of them is named KOBE. The lady at the shelter said, "Well, one Kobe had a good day (Bryant), while the other Kobe, not so much."

Well, who knows maybe your Kobe had a good time too. You know what I am mean?
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Shoes and all LO lovers OUR BOY DID IT

not only did he win won. i mean derek anderson won one. But he EARNED it. and came thru in the clutch like those that hated him said he never could or would.

toast to THE GOODS aka Da Triple Threat aka Sir Versatile

**mods! dont you touch this thread ****

for all the LO lovers that have been down since day one.
dmlakerfan01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject:

He better stay a Laker.
CLALREAM
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject:

I love you LO... Bromance.
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject:

More, please.
Big Maine
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject:

We really got to see how valuable he is this playoffs.What a great player and man LO has been to this team.I hope he gets to retire a laker and have a ring case that holds 5.Love you LO
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject:

bump.
spideysense
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject:

aka...the candyman
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject:

LO was big throughout the playoffs, especially after his back injury but in the Finals he as HUGE!!!! Congrats Lamar! You are now a Laker, a Champion!
MAjic5ringz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

LO stepped up big time in the Finals major props my man
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NUMBER 15 BABY!!!!

fsc401
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject:

LO MY BOY
Arizona
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject:

I'm so proud of LO and so happy he won a ring with the Lakeshow! Nobody can take that away from him now. Hopefully he will be back next year and is able to retire a Laker! I am soooo happy today! I love everybody! I'm running on two hours sleep, literally. I was so giddy I couldn't sleep.

KAJ said it best:
Quote:
#Lamar Odom is a like a swiss army knife that just keeps unfolding KAJ33

Bombing those three pointers and making those athletic layups I was like

“You’ve got to play with pride and guts.” -LO
Tek9Designs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject:

LO7
gill2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject:

After all the flak he endured from us here and at CL..

THE BOY DONE DID IT!

WOW! LAMAR ODOM, NBA CHAMPION! It's got a nice ring to it.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Shoes and all LO lovers OUR BOY DID IT

postandpivot wrote:
not only did he win won. i mean derek anderson won one. But he EARNED it. and came thru in the clutch like those that hated him said he never could or would.

He definitely earned it. Great shooting last night. Looked like Reggie Miller and Dr. J all in one game. Special night for Odom.

However, it wasn't without him also playing up to the "inconsistent" lable for many games, nor has he truely become "Sir Versatile" unless he can finally learn to go right and score a lay-up with his right hand, two fundamental aspects of the game of basketball.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject:

Consider the MFers gotten.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject:

Odom played great tonight. I hope we find a way to bring him back next season.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Shoes and all LO lovers OUR BOY DID IT

postandpivot wrote:

+1
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject:

Very proud of the way Lamar performed the entire postseason for the most part!

Great job LO!!!
SoCaLjAy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject:

Congrats to LO. He came up big in several key sequences throughout the playoffs. He made a huge difference when he was on the floor. He was definitely a vital part of the team and WAS the benchmob in these playoffs. Props LO!
kismet
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject:

Thanks, L.O!
I hope he stays with the Lakers.
pgl
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject:

yeah go lakers kobe mvp,7 years of agony and defeat,redmeption at his finest.Congrats to phil for his 10th ring,wow.Im so happy
Sorry for ever doubting my lakers,wohoooo go lakers.I wish I could be at the parade,
congrats lakers
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 12 of 15
Jump to: