2022-23 NBA Postseason Discussion thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 446, 447, 448

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:45 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure if this makes it better but it was a minority owner.
...As in, a minority stake, to be clear
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:47 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:

That’s a misdirection it was the majority owner’s wife which there’s only one. There are multiple minority owners with the Celtics. Saying that makes it harder for people to guess who it was.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
tox wrote:

That’s a misdirection it was the majority owner’s wife which there’s only one. There are multiple minority owners with the Celtics. Saying that makes it harder for people to guess who it was.

Wait really? Yikes lol
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:57 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
The women he was with weren’t subordinates the team services manager doesn’t report to him. He only ruled over the coaching staff. However it was the affair with the owner’s wife that did him in. The team services manager is the fall girl.

Wait... what?!
This is the 1st I'm hearing of that. Maybe I missed the boat.
That is shocking.

I mean, dare I say. We might need to hang a banner in the Crypt for Udoka.
Rules are rules guys. And there is 1 rule above them all. BUCK FOSTON.

I’m with you. I had no idea it was the owners wife. He should have gotten a raise.

I posted it in the Ime thread in the General Basketball board. At the time I thought it was going to be a big scandal and it wasn’t much of one in the end. At least as far as the public knows.

This is the first time I heard of this in regards to the owners wife (and I do not believe it). I live in Leprechaun land and I also personally know the entire Mazzulla family (they are a little crazy and Joe was always a punk). Udoka and the Celtics paid big prices. I am just happy the Celts made the wrong decision. If Udoka remained coach, I thing the Celts would have won it this year (he is LIGHTYEARS better than Mazzulla who had a cup of coffee as a Div II HC). I'm surprised the owners did not tell Brad he had to go back to the sidelines. They are done and I can tell you that Brown wants OUT.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:36 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
The women he was with weren’t subordinates the team services manager doesn’t report to him. He only ruled over the coaching staff. However it was the affair with the owner’s wife that did him in. The team services manager is the fall girl.

Wait... what?!
This is the 1st I'm hearing of that. Maybe I missed the boat.
That is shocking.

I mean, dare I say. We might need to hang a banner in the Crypt for Udoka.
Rules are rules guys. And there is 1 rule above them all. BUCK FOSTON.

I’m with you. I had no idea it was the owners wife. He should have gotten a raise.

I posted it in the Ime thread in the General Basketball board. At the time I thought it was going to be a big scandal and it wasn’t much of one in the end. At least as far as the public knows.

This is the first time I heard of this in regards to the owners wife (and I do not believe it). I live in Leprechaun land and I also personally know the entire Mazzulla family (they are a little crazy and Joe was always a punk). Udoka and the Celtics paid big prices. I am just happy the Celts made the wrong decision. If Udoka remained coach, I thing the Celts would have won it this year (he is LIGHTYEARS better than Mazzulla who had a cup of coffee as a Div II HC). I'm surprised the owners did not tell Brad he had to go back to the sidelines. They are done and I can tell you that Brown wants OUT.

Seriously? I heard from a few Celtics fans something similar but how it was found out seems to vary. Some say it was Jaylen Brown who snitched on Ime. Hence another reason why they don’t get along. Others have said the owner walked in on them. Then I have heard the version where the owner found out on ring camera( the real reason why that footage has never surfaced).
I did hear when Wyc/Brad had that presser back in September he wanted Brad to coach again but he didn’t want to do it because he knew he lost the team which is why they hired Ime in the first place.

Also heard the rumor the owner’s wife got pregnant but that would have already come out if that was true.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:37 pm    Post subject:

https://www.nba.com/news/wizards-suns-trade-bradley-beal-chris-paul

Chris Paul/Beal swap. No idea what Phoenix is thinking.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:52 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
https://www.nba.com/news/wizards-suns-trade-bradley-beal-chris-paul

Chris Paul/Beal swap. No idea what Phoenix is thinking.

FYI the Suns CEO is the father of Beal's agent.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
^^^^
Offing their coach was the beginning of the end for them. Their self righteousness cost them big time.

IDK. We are in some different times when the more you act like its no big deal the loud crowd comes out. I personally wouldn't have fired him. Consenting adults is just that, but BSPN put the situation on a megaphone.

Not necessarily. There may not be laws against their relationship but there are boundaries. I agree with a boundary that forbids a married or engaged organization member from having a sexual relationship with another member within the organization.

The coach of a team is in a leadership position. One of the boundaries for them is to act ethically in their dealings with others. Having a sexual relationship with a member of the organization, while being engaged or married to another person, is not illegal, but it damn sure is unethical.

So they fired him. His business is not my business. The subordinate iirc didn’t seem to have an issue. Cheating on a spouse imho isn’t worth being fired over. When it comes to relationships morals, ethics are personal decisions. Thankfully firing him made them weaker. I don’t judge anyone on how they live their life. Just mine.

The plot thickens
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 446, 447, 448
Page 448 of 448
Jump to: