Max Christie the Lakers 35th Pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Christie is way ahead of THT & planets ahead of JSH. Better not let him get away a.k.a. Caruso.
HC: Riley
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Bobble marks said he would be a casualty based on current numbers re-sign bron etc.

Max is our best prospect.

That would be yet another mistake to add to the list for this front office.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 11:44 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
@VinoUncorked
The Lakers intend to keep Max Christie as he enters restricted free agency this summer.
via @jovanbuha

There you have it.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 1:45 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Quote:
@VinoUncorked
The Lakers intend to keep Max Christie as he enters restricted free agency this summer.
via @jovanbuha

There you have it.

Good to hear. Long, smart, athletic wings, that can shoot and defend are not easy to find/acquire. Smart move.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 9:35 am    Post subject:

We desperately need Max to take the leap next season. He needs to come into camp ready to take the starting job.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 9:42 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
We desperately need Max to take the leap next season. He needs to come into camp ready to take the starting job.

If he can be a solid 3&D guy back up off the bench would be a step forward imo. 10-11ppg 38% from 3 would be great for this team.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 9:43 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

^^^ this x 100000, he's the only home grown young asset on this team i have high hope fo.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 9:44 am    Post subject:

Not enough, unfortunately.

We need at least 15 points from Max. 20 year old Jaylen Brown production

Last edited by JUST-MING on Tue May 28, 2024 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 9:46 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

If he can be a solid 3&D guy back up off the bench would be a step forward imo. 10-11ppg 38% from 3 would be great for this team.

he was well on his way for those stats had he was given 15 - 20 mins a game consistently last season.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 10:05 am    Post subject:

Max should be expected to a roll player at this point in his career. Last season he showed he’s too good for summer league so at this point the only way he continues to develop is with real playing time.

Here’s my hot take of the day.

JHS takes a leap this summer and proves to be at the same level of max and also a rotation player. I think JHS leap makes Gabe expendable this upcoming season.

SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 10:11 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Max should be expected to a roll player at this point in his career. Last season he showed he’s too good for summer league so at this point the only way he continues to develop is with real playing time.

JHS takes a leap this summer and proves to be at the same level of max and also a rotation player. I think JHS leap makes Gabe expendable this upcoming season.

i want to believe that too, but JHS does not have ONE trait he can take it leap and bound with. it's not like a shooter went into a slump and hopefully next year he will snap out of it, or some athletic wing who got injured previous season and is on his way for a full recovery. there's really nothing in JHS's game we can look forward for a big jump.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 9:23 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

he was well on his way for those stats had he was given 15 - 20 mins a game consistently last season.

He shot like 45% on spotup 3s. We don't need him shooting pullup 3s or movement 3s. Continue to bulk up and become a great defender, the jumper is already there... he could be a legit 3&D. If we did somehow trade for Donovan Mitchell he'd be a great "go space in the corner" option offensively.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 10:04 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

i want to believe that too, but JHS does not have ONE trait he can take it leap and bound with. it's not like a shooter went into a slump and hopefully next year he will snap out of it, or some athletic wing who got injured previous season and is on his way for a full recovery. there's really nothing in JHS's game we can look forward for a big jump.

I think he’s quick and strong. He’s underrated as an athelete imo. He’s no Ja morant but he’s no DLo either. I think he can get his shot in the midrange whenever he wants. He just has to build on that. He also has a great floater game.

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 2:56 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

I think he’s quick and strong. He’s underrated as an athelete imo. He’s no Ja morant but he’s no DLo either. I think he can get his shot in the midrange whenever he wants. He just has to build on that. He also has a great floater game.

DeMar-esque
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 9:32 am    Post subject:

Don't overrate Christie please.

His upside right now is KCP or Ariza. Anything more than that is an unexpected surprise.
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 9:46 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

His upside right now is KCP or Ariza. Anything more than that is an unexpected surprise.

Seriously? This would be a problem? The Lakers would be THRILLED if he became one of those players.

We’re talking a key piece on a championship team.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 10:14 am    Post subject:

I'll be happy if he is a 10-15 ppg player next season.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 10:24 am    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Seriously? This would be a problem? The Lakers would be THRILLED if he became one of those players.

We’re talking a key piece on a championship team.

Of course. But that's why I'd keep his ceiling those two places. KCP or Ariza is his ceiling currently, so we shouldn't be trying to act like he'll be more than that. If he becomes more than that, GREAT! But we should keep our ceiling expectations reasonable.

waterman40 wrote:
I'll be happy if he is a 10-15 ppg player next season.

Don't know if thats possible. Maybe 8-12 ias a good expectation. Either he'll be starting defensive 2 that shoots threes or off the bench in a similar role to Prince but at the 2. I'm fine with either. If he proves himself, he could start for Reaves for defensive purposes if that is the case.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 10:41 am    Post subject:

In the 23 games Max played over 20 minutes per game his stats were

7.7pts
4 rebounds
31.6 from 3 (25 for 79, kind of surprising so low but did miss a lot of makeable shots)
24.5MPG

Of course his 3 ball would need to be closer to 37-38%

10/5 with +D and 37% from 3 would be a huge addition to this team.

KCP last 2 years for Denver is at 10.4/2.6/2.4 and 41.5% from 3 in 32MPG and is about to get 16M+ a year.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 11:08 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

This is way too much to ask/expect of him - Jaylen Brown was a Top-3 pick and was widely expected to reach stardom, Christie not so much.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 11:10 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

This is way too much to ask/expect of him - Jaylen Brown was a Top-3 pick and was widely expected to reach stardom, Christie not so much.

If he just bumps the 3% up to the 35-36 range and continues his defensive progression he’s a really useful player. Hope he’s back and hope he’s given more of an opportunity.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 11:15 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

If he just bumps the 3% up to the 35-36 range and continues his defensive progression he’s a really useful player. Hope he’s back and hope he’s given more of an opportunity.

Agreed, I think he's already NBA role-player level. All I'm saying is that if he falls short of Jaylen Brown I couldn't care less, but if he does meet/beat that level then none will be happier.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 11:25 am    Post subject:

I was making that comment from an outside perspective of how to get this team out of the play-in. The only path I saw was Max elevate his game to a starter.

Top 30 shooting guard.
Shaedon Sharpe. 16 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists

Top 30 small forward.
Kelly Oubre Jr. 15 points, 5 rebounds, 1.5 assists

Not stardom. Consistency.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 11:26 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
ocho wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Agreed, I think he's already NBA role-player level. All I'm saying is that if he falls short of Jaylen Brown I couldn't care less, but if he does meet/beat that level then none will be happier.

KCP should be his goal. Even if he never quite gets to the 40/41% KCP does he can be a starter on a really good team if he can be respectful on that end and a defensive dog on the other.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 11:40 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

It would if he gets spot up opportunities. He was one of our best spot up three point shooters. If he was getting all the burn and looks and plays run for them that Reddish was getting he and we'd have benefitted tremendously.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 50 of 51
Jump to: