Kobe Bryant is frustrated, Dwight Howard wants him to chill
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject:

These 2 can say whatever they want.

They're both hurt, they're both producing more than anyone else, they both bring it every night regardless.

i have no idea why people are talking about effort in a thread on kobe/dwight.

get a clue. extra points for past/present AB fans in here trying to make an argument about effort/motivation/winning.
*Purple&Gold*
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject:

Its not so much our record that eating Kobe up, its the lack of coaching skills hes witnessing. Kobe is used to the best coach in the NBA, not some hack who BS his way into the job and has no clue. If Howard played under Jax for yrs like Kobe did, he would be pissed as well! 50-50 by Christmas and Brown is gone! Personally I wouldnt wait that long. Seems EVERYONE and their dog knows we have a joke as a coach, and the longer he stays, the better for our opponets. They like things just as they are, if that dosent tell you something...
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject:

AshesToAshes wrote:
These 2 can say whatever they want.

They're both hurt, they're both producing more than anyone else, they both bring it every night regardless.

i have no idea why people are talking about effort in a thread on kobe/dwight.

get a clue. extra points for past/present AB fans in here trying to make an argument about effort/motivation/winning.

The key word right there. Something this team as currently constructed is not doing. We have the right as Laker fans to call the team out if we are not seeing the effort and motivation that goes into winning. And for once I agree with Dwight tho, he is right. Kobe needs to chill, sending a bad vibe by showing his frustrations on the court wont help this team. They need to stay positive and bring the fun back into the game.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject:

RHSTD wrote:
Voices wrote:
Gwyn wrote:
Voices wrote:

Why ban a guy that speaks the truth...right now DJ is what DH was a super athletic freak around the basket. He is a better athlete than DH today, right now and has an amazing positive impact for his team.
When/if DH is fully healthy then we will see DH become what he once was the best center in basketball...

Ok, Bynum fan.

I do find it amusing that now when Howard's health is brought into question that athleticism becomes important in deciding who is the better player.

But when Bynum was in the discussion of comparison, it's not a issue.

Keep consistent, pal.

Your boy is out and will never match Howard.

Drew is a man child he has a much bigger natural body than DH, Drew does not need the athleticism to be effective. You should know that, but just in case you do not, size matters. Drew has better hands and a softer touch as well. Dh without his athleticism is 6' 9" wing that can't shoot and would not be in the NBA!! DH is an athletic freak, that is the only reason he became the best center, right now he has lost some of his "freak" and is clearly not the same player! Time will tell, DH should over time regain what he has lost, but he may never again be the super freak he once was, he is still a damm good player though...

He's a child all right. Wants the money and the fame, but doesn't want to put in the work night in and night out to earn out. hell he doesn't even want to put in the effort in big playoff games half the time. Drew is a nice specimen, but hi game and his heart are not that strong.

Drew has never been on a Laker team that has lost 14 of their last 15 games it has played, preseason or otherwise. Dwight is currently on that team!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject:

I believe Dwight's frustrated but it's not as obvious as it is with Kobe.

Nash is frustrated, it's obvious. Some players wear frustration on their sleeves, some veil it.

I don't think it was a good idea for Dwight to voice what he did about Kobe, he's not thick skinned.

I believe most Laker players are discomfit, who likes losing? Hopefully tonight they will use Kobe's frustration to fuel effort and put up a W.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
mykeinla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject:

Dwight Howard telling Kobe to chill? Bwahahahahhahaha....Kobe has more rings than Howard has playoff wins.
paulsung123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject:

mykeinla wrote:
Dwight Howard telling Kobe to chill? Bwahahahahhahaha....Kobe has more rings than Howard has playoff wins.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant playoff series wins because it'd be inane to assume you really meant playoff games (but who knows..)

2010 - Series win against Charlotte, Boston
2009 - Series win against Philly, Boston, Cleveland
2008 - Series win against Toronto

Thats 6 playoff series wins unless you thought Kobe won 7 rings. There's room for hyperbole and then there's just blabbing off things via the Internet.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject:

Lakers fans really need to chill.

Kurt Helin the author is simply baiting, and has a LOT of over emotional Lakers fans taking the bait just by reading the title. Check out his other Lakers articles' titles for the same result.

If you actually READ the article and it's context, Dwight doesn't tell Kobe to "chill", he just says "WE" should try to not show our frustrations out in public.

It's funny how some Lakers fans are making this into a Kobe vs Dwight thing, when it is a NON-ISSUE, especially the Kobe lovers vs Bynum lovers.

This has gotten to the point where baited, way over emotional Lakers fans are now going on Twitter and telling Dwight to chill. It's dumb, ridiculous, and goodbye Dwight next year!

One word: Dumb.

Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Lakers fans really need to chill.

Kurt Helin the author is simply baiting, and has a LOT of over emotional Lakers fans taking the bait just by reading the title. Check out his other Lakers articles' titles for the same result.

If you actually READ the article and it's context, Dwight doesn't tell Kobe to "chill", he just says "WE" should try to not show our frustrations out in public.

It's funny how some Lakers fans are making this into a Kobe vs Dwight thing, when it is a NON-ISSUE, especially the Kobe lovers vs Bynum lovers.

This has gotten to the point where baited, way over emotional Lakers fans are now going on Twitter and telling Dwight to chill. It's dumb, ridiculous, and goodbye Dwight next year!

One word: Dumb.

First, relax. I think you're amongst the Laker fans who needs to chill. Quit banging your head against the wall.

Second, if you read everything in context like you say, Dwight does use the word "we" a lot, but then proceeds to single out Kobe afterward.

"We, we, we, we" then "Kobe" It's all in the context as you say.

The team mood seem better now in practice but a loss tonight and it'll be even MORE clear how frustrated Kobe is, and Kobe wont be keeping his frustrations in no matter how much Dwight avails.

Here's the quote so you can judge for yourself (in full context)

Quote:
“I think sometimes as a team we got to be able to not really show our frustrations that much,” Howard said after L.A. fell to 1-12 with their preseason record included. “A lot of the guys look at me and Kobe and they feed off us, so we have to do a better job of keeping our frustrations on the inside and just playing through it so our teammates won’t get down on themselves. So, we just got to do a better job at that.

“I know [Kobe] was a little frustrated tonight. He wants to win just as bad as all of us do, but we just got to stay together, remember it’s a process, and stay focused.”

I think its a fair inference to say that Dwight suggested Kobe chill and temper his frustrations
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject:

Oh just drop it op. Retire this thread.

Stop trying to rile up others just so they can keep reading your thread.

Clark Kent wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Clark Kent wrote:
No big deal.

Dwight is rehasing the "Good cop Bad cop" scenario that Lamar Odom always used to bring to the Locker Room.

Remember all the Pau Gasol, "I wish I could get the ball more quotes" hinting at Kobe? Now that's even crazier! But Kobe obliged for the betterment of the team.

Agreed.

In before Lakers Fans here start panicking and taking sides. #EmotionalFail

Too late, seems like it STARTED.

Lakers fans need more drama
paulsung123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Oh just drop it op. Retire this thread.

Stop trying to rile up others just so they can keep reading your thread.

Clark Kent wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Clark Kent wrote:
No big deal.

Dwight is rehasing the "Good cop Bad cop" scenario that Lamar Odom always used to bring to the Locker Room.

Remember all the Pau Gasol, "I wish I could get the ball more quotes" hinting at Kobe? Now that's even crazier! But Kobe obliged for the betterment of the team.

Agreed.

In before Lakers Fans here start panicking and taking sides. #EmotionalFail

Too late, seems like it STARTED.

Lakers fans need more drama

This is a thread to discuss, if you don't want to be a part of that, you can just not post.
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Dwight doesn't understand the expectations and pressure to win in Los Angeles. This is not Orlando, and after today's move, I hope it registers with him that Kobe's intensity and frustration with losing is shared from the top brass to the t-shirt selling vato on Olympic.
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject:

ForumBlueFrank wrote:
Dwight doesn't understand the expectations and pressure to win in Los Angeles. This is not Orlando, and after today's move, I hope it registers with him that Kobe's intensity and frustration with losing is shared from the top brass to the t-shirt selling vato on Olympic.

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
Mamba/Superman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Dwight is the future of our franchise deal with it.
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Mamba/Superman wrote:
Dwight is the future of our franchise deal with it.

Yes, he is, and he's gonna learn quickly how much people in this town hate to lose. It's either sink or swim for him.

Once Kobe retires, Dwight is gonna get both barrels from the fans and the media. The fans are going to have huge expectations of success, and pressure to win will be unlike anything he's ever faced before.

I hope Kobe is preparing him for this stuff.

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.

Last edited by Gwyn on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject:

TheShowtimeLakers8788 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Gwyn wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

So you quote the guy's post then talk about something else? I agree, right now DJ is looking like Howard when he is healthy.

Dwarf Nebula wrote:
Is it me or does Deandre Jordan look like what DHoward used to look like? His explosiveness is currently much greater than DHowards. Hopefully DH is no where near 100%. If he is, we are in trouble bc right now I would honestly take DJ over Howard with the way they are both playing.

He's agreeing with this post.

DJ is not outplaying Howard at all. Compare the stats. It's not even close.

No, and no one has said that he was. Just that he is looking as explosive and athletic as a healthy Howard, which is something we don't have yet.

You need to read DWARF NEBULA'S posts a little closer than...Gwyn set it straight...

I did, and I didn't see where he said that DJ is outplaying Howard. Just that DJ is explosive and athletic, and that he would take DJ over Howard right now. I wouldn't, but I do agree that DJ is showing the explosion and athleticism that Howard doesn when healthy. And now that the Clips are actually running plays for him, he has put up 24 points in back to back games.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: