What are your most Controversial opinions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:27 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
kikanga wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Screw it. I'm gonna say it.
I'm not gonna let public sentiment silence me anymore.

Taco Bell is good.

Had some today. Is it Mexican food? No. Is it good though? Yes.

I never really got the "authentic" automatically makes food better bit.

If it tastes good, it tastes good. Hopefully it's healthy-ish too but that's a separate issue.

I don’t care if it is authentic as long as it is artisanal.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
kikanga wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Taco Bell is good.

I never really got the "authentic" automatically makes food better bit.

If it tastes good, it tastes good. Hopefully it's healthy-ish too but that's a separate issue.

I don’t care if it is authentic as long as it is artisanal.

It really needs to be artisanally curated.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:58 pm    Post subject:

It probably makes me a bad person, but I’ve wondered how to get sirhan sirhan and rfk junior together. Maybe at a hotel, in the kitchen for privacy?
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
It probably makes me a bad person, but I’ve wondered how to get sirhan sirhan and rfk junior together. Maybe at a hotel, in the kitchen for privacy?

I'm probably also a bad person, but I'm thinking it would be even better to get Sirhan Sirhan and the leader of the Israel Defense Forces together.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Junior believes Sirhan is innocent and wants him freed which could lead to a pretty hilarious end to the story.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:40 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
999 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Alpha wrote:
kikanga wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Taco Bell is good.

lol... i chose to have some Jack in a box tacos for breakfast this morning. I'm guessing that doesn't meet the criteria of "mexican food" either.

Outside of Costco hot food (hot dogs, pizza, etc).
It is the best value in Western civilization for food.

Hold your head up high, King. You made a good choice. If anybody gives you $hit. Send them my way.

Costco (bleep) it up as soon as they took away the onions for the hot dog. How can you serve such a delicious dog without onion. And no veggie pizza anymore either??

They took away the onions and the veggie pizza during the pandemic. Damn COVID took so much from us!

They also just changed the fruit smoothie that tasted good to a mango smoothie which tastes nasty.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:41 pm    Post subject:

DNA tests for fathers at birth should be mandatory.
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Starting at age 65, your driver's license should switch to annual renewal and you should be required to take the driving test to ensure you are safe driver before it's renewed.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Huskers wrote:
Starting at age 65, your driver's license should switch to annual renewal and you should be required to take the driving test to ensure you are safe driver before it's renewed.

How old are you?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:09 am    Post subject:

Huskers wrote:
Starting at age 16, your driver's license should switch to annual renewal and you should be required to take the driving test to ensure you are safe driver before it's renewed.

fixed

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:15 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Huskers wrote:

How old are you?

Late 40s. Just had to take my parents (both mid-80s) license away from them, kicking and screaming. They couldn't admit how bad they had become due to a myriad of health related issues. Forced them to go to the DMV to get tested and they both failed, and have failed a couple of retakes. They have now resigned to the fact they cannot drive legally anymore. I became the bad guy, but I couldn't live with them potentially injuring someone because of how bad they have become in the last 3-4 years.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:01 pm    Post subject:

A promiscuous woman is called a whore, a derogatory term, and a promiscuous man is a gigolo a socially accepted status. That's a nono

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:40 am; edited 2 times in total
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:51 am    Post subject:

fran drescher's voice and accent make her 3x sexier

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:57 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
fran drescher's voice and accent make her 3x sexier

I got you C M B. LINK
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:21 am    Post subject:

Huskers wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Huskers wrote:

How old are you?

Late 40s. Just had to take my parents (both mid-80s) license away from them, kicking and screaming. They couldn't admit how bad they had become due to a myriad of health related issues. Forced them to go to the DMV to get tested and they both failed, and have failed a couple of retakes. They have now resigned to the fact they cannot drive legally anymore. I became the bad guy, but I couldn't live with them potentially injuring someone because of how bad they have become in the last 3-4 years.

Sorry to hear about your folks, but there's a big difference between mid-sixties and mid-eighties in regards to cognizance (assuming of course there's no underlying condition such as Alzheimers).
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:20 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Huskers wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Huskers wrote:

How old are you?

Sorry to hear about your folks, but there's a big difference between mid-sixties and mid-eighties in regards to cognizance (assuming of course there's no underlying condition such as Alzheimers).

100% agree there's a big difference in those ages. I do think it's better to start a bit earlier and remove drivers as soon as possible then wait until it's too late. Honestly, just based on skill and comfort, we should have pulled my Mom's 10-15 years ago, but we didn't want to deal with the fallout of that nor the extra driving to get her to the places she needed to go to, it finally got to the point where we couldn't not take it.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:19 pm    Post subject:

you know what grinds my gears

when people dont back out of a parking spot right away. you see the reverse lights and you get excited only to be dissappointed because you know it will be another 10 more minutes until he/she finds the right playlist on their phone before they back out.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:08 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
you know what grinds my gears

when people dont back out of a parking spot right away. you see the reverse lights and you get excited only to be dissappointed because you know it will be another 10 more minutes until he/she finds the right playlist on their phone before they back out.

I read somewhere that a study has shown that people actually take longer to leave a parking spot when someone is waiting to take it.

Quote:
Three studies showed that drivers leaving a public parking space are territorial even when such behavior is contrary to their goal of leaving. In Study 1 (observations of 200 departing cars), intruded-upon drivers took longer to leave than nonintruded-upon drivers. In Study 2, an experiment involving 240 drivers in which level of intrusion and status of intruder were manipulated, drivers took longer to leave when another car was present and when the intruder honked. Males left significantly sooner when intruded upon by a higher rather than lower status car, whereas females' departure times did not differ as a function of the status of the car.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2011/02/science-people-really-do-take-longer-leaving-a-parking-spot-when-youre-waiting-for-it/71439/
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:32 pm    Post subject:

I really dislike the Kobe slander I've seen online whenever his name is brought up.
I'm not going to re-litigate the Colorado case details.
I just question the motives of the people slandering Kobe without looking into the details of the case.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:58 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I really dislike the Kobe slander I've seen online whenever his name is brought up.
I'm not going to re-litigate the Colorado case details.
I just question the motives of the people slandering Kobe without looking into the details of the case.

Willful ignorance, racism, misguided "feminism" . . . just to name a few . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:27 am    Post subject:

Affirmative action has the right idea but incorrect application. It should be done at the early level (birth to HS) instead at the adult level.
Some ideas
Free daycare
Min salary for teachers in majority minority public schools at least 25% above median
Stipends for private after school extracurricular (stem, arts, music, sports)
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:43 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Affirmative action has the right idea but incorrect application. It should be done at the early level (birth to HS) instead at the adult level.
Some ideas
Free daycare
Min salary for teachers in majority minority public schools at least 25% above median

You make valid points. Might be the only time I’ve heard a critique of affirmative action that I immediately can’t think of reasons why it is a bad idea.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:16 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
governator wrote:
Some ideas
Free daycare

You make valid points. Might be the only time I’ve heard a critique of affirmative action that I immediately can’t think of reasons why it is a bad idea.

It’s a tough subject because it makes more sense to replace race with income but there’s a debt US as a country owes African Americans
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:37 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
kikanga wrote:
governator wrote:
Some ideas
Free daycare

It’s a tough subject because it makes more sense to replace race with income but there’s a debt US as a country owes African Americans

Ya. And it’s not some abstract undefinable debt like critics try to make it out to be.

For example, The majority of wealth is transferred from generation to generation via property. So when you prohibit a group of people from owning property. And then even when you finally permit them, you still discriminate against them on multiple levels (bank approvals, districting, property seizure, prejudice in law enforcement property protection, etc). The debt becomes very tangible and more measurable.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:01 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
kikanga wrote:
governator wrote:
Some ideas
Free daycare

For sure. The best way to repay that debt is to fix all the socioeconomic inequities that make AA necessary. In the meantime AA I may be an imperfect system, but it is a very good band aid that doesn’t really hurt anybody in s world of legacy/donor admissions (which have not Vern legislated out of existence).
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 73 of 80
Jump to: