Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Just tell them where there is smoke that there is usually fire so you are convinced anyone charged is most likely guilty.

That should free ya up pretty quick!

actually out of all the suggestions. ^^^This one works every time. Because their are people that think like this. People really believe if you're being charged or tried, you must be guilty. Thats why, I pray I never have to be on the other side of the coin. At the hands of people who first off dont want to be there. then to throw in all the wanna be CSI watching/Cops are always right types. Man you can do 10 years for having the similar nose hairs as the guy who actually did the crime. and you weren't even in town that week.

The idea of the jury process is one thing. but how it pans out is another. Very scary.

I would of course let you off on any charge my Laker brother!
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Jury Duty = Best movie ever!!!

Thanks for the avatar, Hybrid27.
kenkoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Just got over the jury selection process yesterday and today. I was next in line for two alternate jurors. Fortunately, the lawyers finally agreed (I think they got tired of dismissing potential jurors left and right).

It's an inconvenience, but I actually enjoy the process. To me postponements and excuses only delays the inevitable. Eventually, you'll have to sit through the process.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject:

kenkoy wrote:
Just got over the jury selection process yesterday and today. I was next in line for two alternate jurors. Fortunately, the lawyers finally agreed (I think they got tired of dismissing potential jurors left and right).

It's an inconvenience, but I actually enjoy the process. To me postponements and excuses only delays the inevitable. Eventually, you'll have to sit through the process.

its only okay, if you're on an interesting trial. which means its probably criminal. Which means, you can't make a mistake or else some innocent man or woman will end up behind bars. Or some criminal will walk free. me personally, I would rather do the later then the prior. if i had to choose.

On top of that, it all depends on your fellow jurors. If you have a cool bunch. which I lucked up on. and these people are level headed and open minded. You can feel like you did your part in society. If you have a bad group. You will wish you postponed until the sheriff came and got you.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: