*** 2024 NBA Finals Discussion thread - Mavs vs Celtics ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 167, 168, 169 ... 408, 409, 410  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:10 pm    Post subject:

My heart was thumping like this was a Lakers game. I won the $2.00 bet from my BF because he took the Pelicans off my hands. 😅

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Dominic1981
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:11 pm    Post subject:

If I were OKC in the off-season I would look to trade Giddey. You can’t play SG in this league and shoot 33% from 3.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Dominic1981 wrote:
CJ on a championship level team should have a role no greater than a guy like Patty Mills. 2nd unit PG scorer. He isn’t a starter caliber on a great team

I've repeatedly said that he's a glorified version of Lou Williams, and the Pels are not utilizing him correctly. He should be playing off of guys like BI and Jonas, but they have him handling the ball and creating shots, which often ends in complete disaster.

There's no way he doesn't come off the bench on a championship caliber team. His ballhandling is too suspect, and his shot selection is borders on basketball terrorism. The number of times this dude has hijacked great performances from Dame and then BI is too much to count at this point.

Pels are cooked for the foreseeable future, especially with Zion and BI getting hurt every single year. They had a chance to steal a pivotal game and blew it. Series is definitely over.

Last edited by Denny_Russo on Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

Such low quality teams playing a low quality game. Its like 1995 - the two best teams in the Western Conference are playing each other in the first round.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≄≄≄≄≄Berkeley, CA

Dominic1981 wrote:
If I were OKC in the off-season I would look to trade Giddey. You can’t play SG in this league and shoot 33% from 3.

You also can’t have a one night stand with a minor. And yet here we are.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:16 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Such low quality teams playing a low quality game. Its like 1995 - the two best teams in the Western Conference are playing each other in the first round.

Minnesota and Phoenix?
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Roger O. Thornhill wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

Minnesota and Phoenix?

Right.....when both those teams will get their asses handed to them by Denver when its their turn. You think its inevitable that the Lakers will lose. Its laughable that you would think its anything but inevitable once the Nuggets get a hold of either of those two teams. Phoenix cant match our defensive intensity when we actually try and Minnesota has nowhere the offensive capability to keep up with Denver.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:28 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
My heart was thumping like this was a Lakers game. I won the $2.00 bet from my BF because he took the Pelicans off my hands. 😅

Congrats! Lol
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:32 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

Minnesota and Phoenix?

Right.....when both those teams will get their asses handed to them by Denver when its their turn. You think its inevitable that the Lakers will lose. Its laughable that you would think its anything but inevitable once the Nuggets get a hold of either of those two teams. Phoenix cant match our defensive intensity when we actually try and Minnesota has nowhere the offensive capability to keep up with Denver.

we are the 8th seed with 2 pristinely healthy stars all year. Anything can happen but to think Nuggs are the only team that would get in our way is funny. I don't know where we landed but our defensive intensity was roughly in the middle of the pack. We have a team stacked with low IQ guys who for the most part are 1 way players. but who knows.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

Minnesota and Phoenix?

we are the 8th seed with 2 pristinely healthy stars all year. Anything can happen but to think Nuggs are the only team that would get in our way is funny. I don't know where we landed but our defensive intensity was roughly in the middle of the pack. We have a team stacked with low IQ guys who for the most part are 1 way players. but who knows.

Dude our defensive intensity for the most part was horrible. But you saw what this group is capable of when they actually gave a (bleep). You need to stop using the seeding as any sort of justification for anything because if you saw how OKC played today and the level of focus the Lakers came into yesterday, the Lakers would not have just beat OKC. They would have kicked their ass by close to 30 like they did New Orleans and OKC would have gotten a real awakening for playoff basketball.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:58 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Halflife wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

Minnesota and Phoenix?

Dude our defensive intensity for the most part was horrible. But you saw what this group is capable of when they actually gave a (bleep). You need to stop using the seeding as any sort of justification for anything because if you saw how OKC played today and the level of focus the Lakers came into yesterday, the Lakers would not have just beat OKC. They would have kicked their ass by close to 30 like they did New Orleans and OKC would have gotten a real awakening for playoff basketball.

we don't know what we would have done to OKC. Thats like saying had we played the kings we would have gotten smoked. Bron is high IQ. Thats it. that matters in the playoffs. lets see where this season lands. But we are the 8th seed. spin it however you want.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Halflife wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

Minnesota and Phoenix?

we don't know what we would have done to OKC. Thats like saying had we played the kings we would have gotten smoked. Bron is high IQ. Thats it. that matters in the playoffs. lets see where this season lands. But we are the 8th seed. spin it however you want.

I can easily say we would have destroyed OKC because the area in which we kill OKC is through repeated rim pressure and they would have had nothing for us in the regard especially early in this game. They came out flat/nervous and couldnt execute anything due to inexperience and we would have had these dudes KOd early in the game.

So the Rockets were the #6 seed with 47 wins in 1995 and they knocked off 62 Win San Antonio Spurs, 60 Win Jazz and 59 win Suns. Those Rockets also finished below the Van Exel-Ceballos-Jones Lakers in the standings and the Lakers beat Houston 4 out 5 or 3 out of 4 times in the regular season. You think for a second those Lakers were better than the Rockets?????? Your simplification of using standings to justify anything is complete nonsense. Your ability to win in the playoffs and your top-end level can be completely different than what your standings say you are.

For example you think the 66-win Cavs would have been competitive with the 65-win Lakers in 2009 just because of their win count???? The Lakers would have smoked those Cavs had they made the finals. Why is this obvious???? Because Varajao/Ilgauskas/Hickson had a miserable time being unable to do anything with Gasol and Odom and hence why they got Shaq that offseason and why even fat Shaq did negate a lot of the Lakers advantages over Cleveland in 2010. Why I was truly worried about Cleveland in 2010 and actually rooted for Boston over Cleveland in that series.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:42 pm    Post subject:

I wonder how many fanbases have completely given up after Game 1.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:28 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

all of them
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:27 am    Post subject:

We would have swept OKC. Now we're gonna get swept.

Still want to face Denver? Sure, we could retool and come back next year like championship chances are real easy to come by. I still haven't forgotten how it was like missing the playoffs 6 years in a row and nobody wanted to join us. That's why I treasure every championship opportunity so highly. You never know when it would just all go away.

Like I've said before, if Denver fell in the second or third round, then I would have been RIGHT!! We wouldn't have to face Denver if we dodged them in the first round.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:30 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
MJST wrote:

all of them

pretty much lol
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:36 am    Post subject:

Such a waste, such a waste of great team. The Lakers were (bleep) on everyone including the Pelicans. Lakers were playing great too but they ran into kryptonite and the rest was history.

I'm gonna be so pissed if Denver fell to the Suns or Wolves next round.

Denver aren't even that good.
All season long they have not looked good against WC elites. They only look good against the Lakers because of matchup issues. Lakers aren't that bad. Give them OKC or Pelicans or Suns or Clippers and you'll see how hard they'd smash these teams.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:24 am    Post subject:

All this speculation of what the Lakers “could have done” against other teams.
It is wasted energy at this point.

Lakers are in this position because they played with minimal urgency far too often this season. If they had taken care of business and put 2-3 more wins in the W column we would not be forced to have these “what if” conversations.

Reality is they placed themselves into a playoff series against the Nugs. Up to them to win it or go on vacation. We will see what they have decided tonight.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:52 am    Post subject:

Play-ins not only injured stars, but ruined playoff positioning. Thunder are frauds who barely beat a scrappy but offensively challenged team.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:

Minnesota and Phoenix?

Clippers and Mavs
Zillethai
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:10 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

We're not giving up after 1 game. We're giving up after 9 games

Last edited by Zillethai on Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:31 am    Post subject:

Zillethai wrote:
MJST wrote:

How many fan bases experience a 9 game sweep by 1 team?

11 game sweep by the Clips. Laker fans have it rough.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:37 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
MJST wrote:

How many fan bases experience a 9 game sweep by 1 team?

11 game sweep by the Clips.

And what happened this season?
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Jalen Suggs is down grabbing at his left knee area. Shaking his head as teammates check on him. Orlando takes time out. He knocked if after making contact with Donavan Mitchell.

Quote:
Suggs is getting carried off the floor by two teammates. Not putting any weight on that left leg.

https://twitter.com/kendra__andrews/status/1782551735401173317
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:37 pm    Post subject:

It's great to see energy and excitement at the Garden during playoff time. It's great for both the Tri-state Area and the NBA.

Go New York Go New York Go! lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 167, 168, 169 ... 408, 409, 410  Next
Page 168 of 410
Jump to: