DARVIN HAM has been dismissed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 180, 181, 182 ... 322, 323, 324  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Nurse is gone now.

We are doom next 3 years.

I’m interested to see how he does in Philly, especially if they lose Harden as expected. I think Nurse is a good coach but his rep has been a little inflated by being the beneficiary of Kawhi’s last healthy season and a slew of timely Warrior injuries. Once Kawhi left Toronto the results weren’t so great.

Philly is not a perfect situation for him, the Lakers is, but we have signed stupid Ham.
But they would be better than expected. He will try to load manage Embiid like what they did with Kawhi.
And Philly have some young talents. Harden at this point just keep disappearing in big moments, and he is losing his first step, so if his shot is not on, he can easily be stopped.

Nurse is the perfect coach to push a team that is on the brink of winning to winning it all. He is not a good coach for a young team.

Every championship run have other team injured. Cant really use that to devalue the coach.
And just because the coach win a championship doenst mean he is a great coach either (ie: Doc River and Bud)

He implement key strategies in the playoff that paid off.
ex: one of the first coach to wall off Giannis, worked perfectly
Box and 1 against GSW, completely messed up GSW offensive flow (though granted it wouldnt have worked if Durant was healthy, but no team was beating that Warrior team if everyone is healthy)

The dude make key strategic move and adjustment in the playoff that gets the results, that is what matters.

Where as Ham does the opposite, he make it harder for our team to win.

Best record in the league since the trade deadline
Made it to the Western Conference finals
You’re a dork

Crappy coach have won the championship before as I said.

Watch the actual frikin game and see he just keep on handicapping the team.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Nurse is gone now.

I’m interested to see how he does in Philly, especially if they lose Harden as expected. I think Nurse is a good coach but his rep has been a little inflated by being the beneficiary of Kawhi’s last healthy season and a slew of timely Warrior injuries. Once Kawhi left Toronto the results weren’t so great.

Philly is not a perfect situation for him, the Lakers is, but we have signed stupid Ham.
But they would be better than expected. He will try to load manage Embiid like what they did with Kawhi.
And Philly have some young talents. Harden at this point just keep disappearing in big moments, and he is losing his first step, so if his shot is not on, he can easily be stopped.

Nurse is the perfect coach to push a team that is on the brink of winning to winning it all. He is not a good coach for a young team.

Every championship run have other team injured. Cant really use that to devalue the coach.
And just because the coach win a championship doenst mean he is a great coach either (ie: Doc River and Bud)

Box and 1 against GSW, completely messed up GSW offensive flow (though granted it wouldnt have worked if Durant was healthy, but no team was beating that Warrior team if everyone is healthy)

The dude make key strategic move and adjustment in the playoff that gets the results, that is what matters.

I am really enjoying the fact that Darvin ham is coming back next year if no one ever reason to listen to cry babies like you whine about it

Does this mean next year you not going to be whining in the game thread when he SUPRISE NOONE with the famous 3 guard linieup?

These people are the same idiots who said Westbrick trade was a good trade.

There are people out there who watch basketball, but they might as well be just skipping to the score recap in the end, cuz they don’t see the nuisance in the game or the intangibles.

From the Westbrick experiment 2 years ago, I just realize I am basically shouting at the wind when I tell people that this person will cause us to lose.

People won’t see it until it happens; and sometimes they are still ignorant about it.

You are welcome to point out anywhere where I said that the Westbrook trade was a good trade

You are all the same wave of people who cant or refuse to see the obvious.
Of course not all of you guys gonna be wrong at the same thing.

I had a crap load people jump at me when I said Walton was crap coach, needs to be fired.

I had crap load of people did the same when I said our season is over when Westbrick trade happened.

now it is the same thing happening all over again.

Hmmmm we are all the same wave of people
How thought-provoking
At no time did there ever seem like Russell? Westbrick was a fit for this team not the first year when he was brought in certainly not the second.

You’re trying to equate a head coach to a player. I’m starting to feel sorry for you.

I am just saying I haven’t been wrong on making a judgment on coach or players.

It is almost as obvious as day light that Ham just suck.

But people refuse to see it, just like people refuse to say Westbrick was a mistake or Luke Walton was an idiot.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:11 am    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Nurse is gone now.

I am really enjoying the fact that Darvin ham is coming back next year if no one ever reason to listen to cry babies like you whine about it

Does this mean next year you not going to be whining in the game thread when he SUPRISE NOONE with the famous 3 guard linieup?

There are people out there who watch basketball, but they might as well be just skipping to the score recap in the end, cuz they don’t see the nuisance in the game or the intangibles.

From the Westbrick experiment 2 years ago, I just realize I am basically shouting at the wind when I tell people that this person will cause us to lose.

People won’t see it until it happens; and sometimes they are still ignorant about it.

You are welcome to point out anywhere where I said that the Westbrook trade was a good trade

I had a crap load people jump at me when I said Walton was crap coach, needs to be fired.

I had crap load of people did the same when I said our season is over when Westbrick trade happened.

How thought-provoking
At no time did there ever seem like Russell? Westbrick was a fit for this team not the first year when he was brought in certainly not the second.

You’re trying to equate a head coach to a player. I’m starting to feel sorry for you.

But people refuse to see it, just like people refuse to say Westbrick was a mistake or Luke Walton was an idiot.

It’s interesting how you gave yourself an out even if him wins in NBA championship as a coach he sucks. I wonder if you understand just how stupid you sound.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Sadly, this thread has become an argument between sock puppets. Someone can start another thread next season, and hopefully this won't happen again.

JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:32 pm    Post subject:

[quote[
It’s interesting how you gave yourself an out even if him wins in NBA championship as a coach he sucks. I wonder if you understand just how stupid you sound.
[/quote]

So if I tell you go gaurd Kobe, and I tell another person who i found at the local YMCA who is 5'3 to go guard Jokic while i put my hands in my pocket and go to sleep....and we win the game..Does that mean that im a genius at coaching?
Maginka
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully he brings Coach Bud on to the bench, they sound like best friends.

He just lost his bro, sound like a good spiritual move.

He should bring BroLo with him too
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Nurse is gone now.

How thought-provoking

I am not giving myself an out.
Wtf do I care if I am right or wrong.
I am just a Lakers fan hoping my team can win.

If Ham can win us a championship while being an idiot, I would gladly take that. You guys can call me Mr Wrong for all I care, as long as we win.

But a team short term success doesn’t determine whether a coach is good or not. And really we shouldn’t have lost 4-0 to Denver with a competent coach.
But each game become an example of how close 2 teams are, and Ham incompetency cannot be covered up and we can no longer afford it.

And as a long time Lakers fan, I want my team to win a championship or have a chance.

With Ham, we just don’t have a chance.

His in game adjustment was probably the worst among all coach in the playoff.

His love for small lineup is insane.

His lineups are just madness and cost us 8-10 points per game.

Our offensive scheme are just almost non-existent.

He doesn’t know how to put any role player in a role to succeed. The only players who he can use are players who can create their own shots.
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:15 pm    Post subject:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/qoiHNjpFEls
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Nurse is gone now.

How thought-provoking

If Ham can win us a championship while being an idiot, I would gladly take that. You guys can call me Mr Wrong for all I care, as long as we win.

But a team short term success doesn’t determine whether a coach is good or not. And really we shouldn’t have lost 4-0 to Denver with a competent coach.
But each game become an example of how close 2 teams are, and Ham incompetency cannot be covered up and we can no longer afford it.

And as a long time Lakers fan, I want my team to win a championship or have a chance.

He doesn’t know how to put any role player in a role to succeed. The only players who he can use are players who can create their own shots.

It’s amazing how we even made the Western Conference finals huh I mean being the 13 seed lol it having to go through the play in

This is a totally ridiculous conversation
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:48 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Polarbear"][quote="Nonamehero"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="Nonamehero"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="Nonamehero"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="Nonamehero"][quote="JustaObserver"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="Nonamehero"][quote="ocho"]
Nonamehero wrote:
Nurse is gone now.

It’s amazing how we even made the Western Conference finals huh I mean being the 13 seed lol it having to go through the play in

Is anything the poster Nonamehero above said wrong?
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:49 pm    Post subject:

[quote="JustaObserver"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="Nonamehero"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="Nonamehero"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="Nonamehero"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="Nonamehero"][quote="JustaObserver"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="Nonamehero"][quote="ocho"]
Polarbear wrote:

Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:52 am    Post subject:

[quote="JustaObserver"][quote="JustaObserver"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="Nonamehero"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="Nonamehero"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="Nonamehero"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="Nonamehero"][quote="JustaObserver"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="Nonamehero"]
ocho wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

It’s pretty much all wrong

I mean I could pick this apart for an hour, but I’ll just extrapolate one thing to prove a point complaining about the offensive game plan whenever team makes the Western Conference finals makes you look like a (bleep) idiot

If the game plan was that bad, we don’t even make it into the play in

We simply got beat by a better team that went on to win the championship this year
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:04 am    Post subject:

Nothing like learning on the job. Can't wait to see the next rookie headcoach the Lakers bring in to use the Lakers as his training ground for experience.

Jeanie should have fired Pelinka instead of Vogel but Pelinka is Jeanie's bestie and Vogel isn't.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Going back to Jackson who was hired in ‘99, I disagreed with him keeping Luke Walton in the lineup too long, and believe limiting Ariza to 10 playoff minutes, after being cleared from injury and becoming a 3 pt shooter, cost them a ring against Boston in ‘07. (The next year, Walton let it be known that he disagreed with Jackson keeping him in the lineup)

One particular game, Phil pulled Bynum from the very end of a game while the Spurs were at the ft line, and they tipped in the miss to win the game. Phil was stubborn and played who he trusted.

In 2010, Fisher (who I liked) wasn’t playing well, but Phil continued to play him in the playoffs when Farmar had begun to show improvement. Phil was being his stubborn self again.

In the last 12 seasons, we’ve had D’Antoni, Brown, Scott, Luke, Vogel, and now Ham. Every one of them were called idiots on LG for their rotations, and fans have continually complained, and/or begged for the next guy. It’s an endless cycle.

I guarantee the next coach will be an idiot with bad rotations. These threads saying coach so and so doesn’t know how to put the right player in, are going to be endless, and whoever’s writing it is going to sound like an authority.

Bottom line, no coach will ever be right in Lakers’ fans eyes, and it would be best to agree to disagree.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:24 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Nothing like learning on the job. Can't wait to see the next rookie headcoach the Lakers bring in to use the Lakers as his training ground for experience.

Jeanie should have fired Pelinka instead of Vogel but Pelinka is Jeanie's bestie and Vogel isn't.

russ/ad/bron quit on him. Which led to all of the vets quitting on him. Thats why late in the season when the vets sat we actually played well. If you kept Frank you would have had to get rid of bron and AD.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:33 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

Are we talking about the same Rob Pelinka that pretty much save this team with his moves at the trade deadline?
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:18 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Polarbear"][quote="JustaObserver"][quote="JustaObserver"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="Nonamehero"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="Nonamehero"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="Nonamehero"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="Nonamehero"][quote="JustaObserver"][quote="Polarbear"]
Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

I mean I could pick this apart for an hour, but I’ll just extrapolate one thing to prove a point complaining about the offensive game plan whenever team makes the Western Conference finals makes you look like a (bleep) idiot

We simply got beat by a better team that went on to win the championship this year
-

Sooo you dont want to answer the questions and defend none of what he said...is what you pretty much saying?
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:21 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

Nope you cant fire Pelinka because he was one of few people Sane at the time..Magic done the right thing and Quit because he basically shot the lakers back years in progress. We still feeling the effects of his stupid decisions...smh.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:31 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Going back to Jackson who was hired in ‘99, I disagreed with him keeping Luke Walton in the lineup too long, and believe limiting Ariza to 10 playoff minutes, after being cleared from injury and becoming a 3 pt shooter, cost them a ring against Boston in ‘07. (The next year, Walton let it be known that he disagreed with Jackson keeping him in the lineup)

One particular game, Phil pulled Bynum from the very end of a game while the Spurs were at the ft line, and they tipped in the miss to win the game. Phil was stubborn and played who he trusted.

In 2010, Fisher (who I liked) wasn’t playing well, but Phil continued to play him in the playoffs when Farmar had begun to show improvement. Phil was being his stubborn self again.

In the last 12 seasons, we’ve had D’Antoni, Brown, Scott, Luke, Vogel, and now Ham. Every one of them were called idiots on LG for their rotations, and fans have continually complained, and/or begged for the next guy. It’s an endless cycle.

I guarantee the next coach will be an idiot with bad rotations. These threads saying coach so and so doesn’t know how to put the right player in, are going to be endless, and whoever’s writing it is going to sound like an authority.

Bottom line, no coach will ever be right in Lakers’ fans eyes, and it would be best to agree to disagree.

Let me ask would you like to bring back Dantoni,TAnk Commander Scott, or Hockey Subs Luck Walton? Ohh and Brown with CD'S(? before you say Brown it took him years to be decent...meaning being a assistant and being head coach of teams with no superstars.

The only one from the list you mentioned to want back is Vogel. He got a bad deal having WB added to the team by idiot LEGM. LEGM mad with Vogel for losing which he the main cause of..WB and Him get Vogel Fired and then LEGM gets mad at WB for him losing and gets him off the team,....lol..you cant make this up...lol
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Nurse is gone now.

How thought-provoking

First of all, none of us know squat, it’s one of the reasons the NBA is so fascinating. We have to watch what goes on between the whistles on the court and too often it goes opposite of what we thought we knew and almost completely unpredictable at times. Miami can win a game or two against the Bucks or Keltics but no way can they win an entire series against either one of them let alone both…wrong! Once we think we know something, it just means that we lost perspective and don’t know that we don’t know.

I wish I could disagree with you on Ham, your arrogance is off-putting as you don’t seem to realize that you could be wrong, any of us could and despite what you say, all of us (yes that means you too) have been wrong before. But I can’t disagree. I have the same concerns about Ham and watched him give up games all year with mistakes I would have thought he would have learned not to continually make. I just hope Ham improves because switching coaches may not help as much as Ham learning from his mistakes. 2nd year Ham may be more effective than a coach in his 1st year that is better than Ham. Could be, could not but I’d rather take my chances with continuity and chemistry building than constantly churning coaches and players.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:23 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
lakersboy wrote:

Let me ask would you like to bring back Dantoni,TAnk Commander Scott, or Hockey Subs Luck Walton? Ohh and Brown with CD'S(? before you say Brown it took him years to be decent...meaning being a assistant and being head coach of teams with no superstars.

The only one from the list you mentioned to want back is Vogel. He got a bad deal having WB added to the team by idiot LEGM. LEGM mad with Vogel for losing which he the main cause of..WB and Him get Vogel Fired and then LEGM gets mad at WB for him losing and gets him off the team,....lol..you cant make this up...lol
i stay out of the fire Coach X conversations because it’s a no win argument waiting to happen. In most cases I would have been more patient than most fans. I will say I thought Vogel got a raw deal.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:25 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
lakersboy wrote:

i stay out of the fire Coach X conversations because it’s a no win argument waiting to happen. In most cases I would have been more patient than most fans. I will say I thought Vogel got a raw deal.

I didn’t like the Vogal firing either thought we moved on way too quick
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:26 pm    Post subject:

[quote="JustaObserver"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="JustaObserver"][quote="JustaObserver"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="Nonamehero"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="Nonamehero"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="Nonamehero"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="Nonamehero"][quote="JustaObserver"]
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

-

Sooo you dont want to answer the questions and defend none of what he said...is what you pretty much saying?

Try posting less and reading more
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:38 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Polarbear"][quote="JustaObserver"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="JustaObserver"][quote="JustaObserver"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="Nonamehero"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="Nonamehero"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="Nonamehero"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="Nonamehero"]
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

-

I read your post and none of it had any content to refute the poster's claims. Show me where you had any points to refute his list points why Ham is well..Ham Hock Head. He a mix between Luck Walton and Tank Commander Scott..smh. You cant prove it wrong...they win inspite of his "coooachinnng"
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:18 am    Post subject:

[quote="JustaObserver"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="JustaObserver"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="JustaObserver"][quote="JustaObserver"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="Nonamehero"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="Nonamehero"][quote="Polarbear"][quote="Nonamehero"][quote="Polarbear"]
Nonamehero wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

-

I read your post and none of it had any content to refute the poster's claims. Show me where you had any points to refute his list points why Ham is well..Ham Hock Head. He a mix between Luck Walton and Tank Commander Scott..smh. You cant prove it wrong...they win inspite of his "coooachinnng"

Go back and read it again or don’t I’m not sure that anything I say is going to change your idiot mind
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 180, 181, 182 ... 322, 323, 324  Next
Page 181 of 324
Jump to: