NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 186, 187, 188 ... 2686, 2687, 2688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:19 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
We’ve deviated so hard from what was working right/2020 it’s almost unfathomable. We’re now a roster consisting of overpaid combo guards (Russ, Nunn, THT) who can’t shoot, nor defend. Russ obviously being a MAJOR issue. Our wings and bigs, on the other hand, are all minimum/almost out of the league guys, with varying skill sets yet none can do too many things well.

Rob REALLLLY needs to find a way to turn Russ into something useful and because of his ineptitude and trigger happiness in past deals, he’s going to have to mortgage the future a bit.

It’s crazy to think that our 3rd best piece (considering fit) might be an undrafted 2nd year player.

Rob has been getting owned in all the trades he has made so i dont expect anything new from his side
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:25 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Woj said that the Lakers have moves they can make now but are waiting for Irving, so looks like I was right that the Lakers do have another deal on the table to pull the trigger on.

That's why everyone on the Internet consider Inspector Gadget an "NBA Insider."
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:25 am    Post subject:

Ironically, this offseason without much movement has made me more fatigued than anything. Maybe it’s the same old reporting.

Whether it’s Kyrie, Hield/Turner or any deal we have not heard about I’m pretty much indifferent now tbh.

It’s all whatever at this stage imo. The only thing I care about is not doing something stupid that sets us back another half decade.

Last edited by LakerSD on Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:26 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Woj said that the Lakers have moves they can make now but are waiting for Irving, so looks like I was right that the Lakers do have another deal on the table to pull the trigger on.

hope logical is right, Buddy/Myles in the pocket
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:28 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
What we need:

1) Two wing that can shoot the 3 to space the floor on offense and on defense defend the perimeter

2) Two way big wing that can shoot the 3, rebound a little and defend bigger wings

3) Bench/2nd unit PG that runs the second unit when Lebron sits.

I see other teams having those ingredients and us lacking. We have the stars, but other teams also have strong scoring options. Only they have the wings, and bench ingredients we lack.

If AD/Lebron have MVP level 2019-20 seasons, we may be able to hit 48-50 wins. I mean they are due, but I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket.

I wouldn't mind seeing what it takes to get Terrence Davis out of Sacramento. Super underrated wing player who is stuck behind Harrison Barnes at the 3 spot. Was really good when given minutes. Probably wouldn't cost much of anything.
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:29 am    Post subject:

My question is would Pacers even consider taking the trade below and no 1st rounders? Or maybe add in a couple 2nds but KEEP our 1st rounders.

Pacers get:
Reaves
THT
Westbrook

Lakers get:
Heild
Turner

Last edited by Balto on Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:29 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

That's why everyone on the Internet consider Inspector Gadget an "NBA Insider."

https://mobile.twitter.com/LakersSupply/status/1560291615310323713
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:34 am    Post subject:

Trading our frp for Hield and Turner would make our bleak future even more bleak. We've gotten to this point because of so many "bad deals" we did in the past. We need to start making smart and sound decisions if we were to slowly bring this franchise back to prominence. Trading for Hield and Turner would be another bad deal.

Since Kyrie is off the table, I would just hold on to our frp and just let this year be another Lebron's record breaking show. We'd still make a lot of money to keep the Buss family fed and happy.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:36 am    Post subject:

New plan:

Sit AD and LBJ for the year (let them actually heal), draft Victor Wembanyama 7-3 from France (the best prospect in years), and sign Kyrie Irvin in the offseason

It's the Warrior's strategy. They actually let Curry and Klay heal instead of just playing every season, got a good pick and signed key players in FA

Maybe AD and LBJ keep hurting themselves because we don't let them heal. The Claw, Curry and durant all missed a full year

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:51 am; edited 3 times in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:38 am    Post subject:

Balto wrote:
My question is would Pacers even consider taking the trade below and no 1st rounders? Or maybe add in a couple 2nds but KEEP our 1st rounders.

Pacers get:
Reaves
THT
Westbrook

Lakers get:
Heild
Turner

No Reaves... not being traded.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:39 am    Post subject:

“At some point, I think they will be able to find a Russell Westbrook deal. No matter what you think about him as a player, he’s still an expiring contract.”

- Brian Windhorst on Get Up this morning on ESPN

Thank you for being the voice of reason, 2 fingers.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:44 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
“At some point, I think they will be able to find a Russell Westbrook deal. No matter what you think about him as a player, he’s still an expiring contract.”

Why does that fatso still have a job? BSPN must be paying him in donuts instead of money.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:47 am    Post subject:

Add enough assets and maybe a team will bite on Russ. But do they have enough assets? Since the league began revenue sharing, ending contracts haven’t been very valuable.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
New plan:

Sit AD and LBJ for the year (let them actually heal), draft Victor Wembanyama 7-3 from France (the best prospect in years), and sign Kyrie Irvin in the offseason

It's the Warrior's strategy. They actually let Curry and Klay heal instead of just playing every season, got a good pick and signed key players in FA

Maybe AD and LBJ keep hurting themselves because we don't let them heal. The Claw, Curry and durant all missed a full year

Nah, no one wants to draft real tall guys like that. I have seen some footage of him and i think he will be injury prone. No thanks.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:57 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Why does that fatso still have a job? BSPN must be paying him in donuts instead of money.

Damn you mad? Lol
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:59 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Balto wrote:

Pacers get:
Reaves
THT
Westbrook

Lakers get:
Heild
Turner

No Reaves... not being traded.

Just Humor me, do you think the Pacers take this deal?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:00 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Add enough assets and maybe a team will bite on Russ. But do they have enough assets? Since the league began revenue sharing, ending contracts haven’t been very valuable.

you have no idea what you talking about. revenue sharing has nothing to do with the contracts especially with the salary floor now. expiring contracts have been more valuable after revenue sharing compare to pre revenue sharing.

expiring contracts are about creating salary cap space to sign players. you can argue WB's expiring contract isn't as valuable this year because of the weak 2023FA class, but teams were trying left and right to get expiring contracts in a hot FA year in the past.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:01 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
New plan:

Maybe AD and LBJ keep hurting themselves because we don't let them heal. The Claw, Curry and Durant all sat for a full year

Nah, no one wants to draft real tall guys like that. I have seen some footage of him and i think he will be injury prone. No thanks.

I wouldn't bet against that Kid. Just a bad bet IMO
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:04 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
New plan:

Maybe AD and LBJ keep hurting themselves because we don't let them heal. The Claw, Curry and Durant all sat for a full year

You do know that the Pels have a swap option for 2023? So tanking only helps the Pels.

With LBJ's extension and THT, we are nowhere near being able to max out Kyrie either.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
New plan:

You do know that the Pels have a swap option for 2023? So tanking only helps the Pels.

With LBJ's extension and THT, we are nowhere near being able to max out Kyrie either.

damn didn't knew the 2023 pick had protections against us, we can make trades to get THT off the books pretty easy tho
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:07 am    Post subject:

Pacers/Jazz deals are 1st/as many 2nd rounders range.

Nets deal is a 2 1sts range.

Knicks? They should be sending us a 1st if we take on Jules/Fournier.

I would not be happy if we gave up 2 1sts in any Pacers/Jazz/Knicks trades.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:08 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
New plan:

damn didn't knew the 2023 pick had protections against us, we can make trades to get THT off the books pretty easy tho

Not really. If THT has another bad year, you may have to add draft picks to unload him.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Not really. If THT has another bad year, you may have to add draft picks to unload him.

He's only 21 and has tons of talent, on a reasonable contract. We wouldn't need to add a pick. He is an asset not a liability
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:16 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

my guess is Utah
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:21 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He's only 21 and has tons of talent, on a reasonable contract. We wouldn't need to add a pick. He is an asset not a liability

I don't think teams agree.

If he has a bad year, he will pick up his option which is an overpay.

If he has a good year, he will opt out and now you have to pay him.

He hasn't had his break out year yet (but has been paid as if he did) so he's still a question mark for most teams. I don't think a lot of teams view him as a positive asset at his price point.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 186, 187, 188 ... 2686, 2687, 2688  Next
Page 187 of 2688
Jump to: