Official LA RAMS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 231, 232, 233  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Rams looking terrible against the Jets at home was just a harbinger of things to come....sad to see that their playoff hopes rest on how they play the final week of the regular season.
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject:

Goff has always needed perfect protection and wide open receivers to truly flourish. Not to say he can't thread the needle, he truly has some of the most arm talent I have ever seen with a perfect pocket. The problem has always been his baffling decision-making and inaccuracy under pressure. He looked elite in the first 10 games of 2018 because he had some of the most open windows to throw the ball to and the best protection he's had in his career. After the book got out on how to defend the McVay scheme better, his weaknesses were massively exposed. I truly don't get how people don't see this. It's time we realize that he isn't going to elevate the team to the next level. And even at that rate, he doesn't have to elevate us with this defense. He just needs to be a game manager that limits turnovers, and he can't even do that. The interception yesterday should be the nail in his coffin as QB here. Truly one of the most baffling decisions I have ever seen, and it completely swung the momentum of the game in the Seahawks' favor. Hopefully losing the division with this defense will help the front office realize that he isn't the answer.

McVay’s genius combined with Les Snead’s roster upgrading salvaged his career, but now that it’s finally time for him to do his part; he’s inexplicably buckled under the pressure. What other QB can boast they have a great coach, a solid offensive line, an up and coming running game, terrific weapons to surround him, consistency on special teams (although this is recent after signing Gay), and a top 3 defense?

It’s really a testament to how good the rest of this team is, in spite of Goff.

The Rams really need to go in a different direction in 2021. They’ve built a Super Bowl caliber team, it’d be a shame to waste it.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:10 pm    Post subject:

I would look hard at Darnold if the Jets move on from him.

Rams could use some competition at that position, Goff's contract makes it tough but at some point production (or lack thereof) has to factor in.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Rams didn't capitalize in the Super Bowl, I have a hard time seeing how they can repeat that success with the current set of offensive players. I do think Goff will have to show something next year or they will have to finally decide to move on from him.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:41 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I would look hard at Darnold if the Jets move on from him.

Rams could use some competition at that position, Goff's contract makes it tough but at some point production (or lack thereof) has to factor in.

Donald shows more heart than Goff even playing on a bad team. I’d definitely do the swap. What does Goff have Donald doesn’t? Donald is more mobile than Goff in the pocket also.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Darnold is only available if the Jets had the #1 pick.....now that it looks like they are going to miss the boat on Trevor Lawrence, I don't think they are going to waste that pick on a QB and would be better off with fixing the rest of the roster.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:30 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Darnold is only available if the Jets had the #1 pick.....now that it looks like they are going to miss the boat on Trevor Lawrence, I don't think they are going to waste that pick on a QB and would be better off with fixing the rest of the roster.

Trevor is a quality QB. I'd hate to have his talent and be doomed to go to a cellar team. That's the way the draft works. I want him here but there's no chance.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:49 pm    Post subject:

misterchipmunk wrote:
Goff has always needed perfect protection and wide open receivers to truly flourish. Not to say he can't thread the needle, he truly has some of the most arm talent I have ever seen with a perfect pocket. The problem has always been his baffling decision-making and inaccuracy under pressure. He looked elite in the first 10 games of 2018 because he had some of the most open windows to throw the ball to and the best protection he's had in his career. After the book got out on how to defend the McVay scheme better, his weaknesses were massively exposed. I truly don't get how people don't see this. It's time we realize that he isn't going to elevate the team to the next level. And even at that rate, he doesn't have to elevate us with this defense. He just needs to be a game manager that limits turnovers, and he can't even do that. The interception yesterday should be the nail in his coffin as QB here. Truly one of the most baffling decisions I have ever seen, and it completely swung the momentum of the game in the Seahawks' favor. Hopefully losing the division with this defense will help the front office realize that he isn't the answer.

McVay’s genius combined with Les Snead’s roster upgrading salvaged his career, but now that it’s finally time for him to do his part; he’s inexplicably buckled under the pressure. What other QB can boast they have a great coach, a solid offensive line, an up and coming running game, terrific weapons to surround him, consistency on special teams (although this is recent after signing Gay), and a top 3 defense?

It’s really a testament to how good the rest of this team is, in spite of Goff.

The Rams really need to go in a different direction in 2021. They’ve built a Super Bowl caliber team, it’d be a shame to waste it.

This is very well-said. Goff isn't the guy. The problem is that they really can't move on from him until 2022 because of cap reasons. He has too big of a cap # next season. His extension was a mistake and they are paying for it now.
Alpha

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:39 am    Post subject:

^what you guys said.

The protection is better than previous seasons but he seems to get so rattled... but in a numb way (vice jittery). Him hurting his thumb sucks as this pretty much writes off the season. They seemed to not have a plan B at QB. thumb injuries suck... I'm still recovering from Warner's and the loss to NE in the SB years ago lol.

Wentz isn't much better but perhaps Philly would do a swap... the two guys seem to be twins at times.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:39 pm    Post subject:

And just on cue, the new QB throws an INT literally at our own 20 yard line.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject:

1st down on the 1 yard line, and two false starts. You HAVE to be kidding me.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Disgusting - Our RB fumbles at the 1 yard line (first down too). Our QB starts to play well, and then our RBs completely sht the bed.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject:

2 times with the ball at the goal line and they fail to score. Unreal.

Bright side is that Wolford looks pretty good after throwing that first pick. Nice to finally see a mobile QB for a change, eh...

Kiss my Converse.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:30 pm    Post subject:

With the way Goff was playing lately, Wofford is an upgrade. Rams however are not that good of a team.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

With the way Goff was playing lately, Wolford is an upgrade. Rams however are not that good of a team.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

EchoZulu wrote:

Bright side is that Wolford looks pretty good after throwing that first pick. Nice to finally see a mobile QB for a change, eh...

Yeah - I put most of the blame on our RBs. They've been given the ball, and haven't been able to do sht, espec. in the end zone.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:34 pm    Post subject:

I mean that last play switching hands was based on instinct and not a good football play.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:

Yeah - I put most of the blame on our RBs. They've been given the ball, and haven't been able to do sht, espec. in the end zone.

I also blame bad play calling by McVay. He's been ish all year in the red.

I wanna see an option with Wolford in that situation.

Kiss my Converse.

Last edited by Hard_Butter on Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Rams score on a pick 6....take it any way they can.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Yes. Exactly what we needed.

Kiss my Converse.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Ugly, ugly football.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:16 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Ugly, ugly football.

15-7 Rams
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Corbett false starts pretty costly.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:29 pm    Post subject:

I would literally not call a single pass play if I'm the Rams, up 8. Just keep running it and punt when you have to. Their defense probably won't even give up 8 points unless you just hand Arizona the ball on a short field.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Well, the Rams are mostly throwing and matriculating the ball down the field lol.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 231, 232, 233  Next
Page 20 of 233
Jump to: