Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Rick12322 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BobbyJ wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BobbyJ wrote:
One positive is that we are catching the Knicks on the 2nd game of a back to back. They have to play at Golden State tonight.

Don't think it will make a big difference.

I think it will. Playing the 2nd game of a back to back on the road is tough.

OK. So how do you correlate the Lakers, a older team, winning the third game of a back to back to back against a younger team? I know they were home games but they are a older team. Their legs should have been tired according to some fans logic.

Luke and Barnes. Brown went deep into the bench and made the extra effort to keep the bigs minutes down. Bigs expend more energy and so needed more rest than the guards.

It was a quick dip into the deeper part of the bench, Barnes has played 14 mins in 3 games (DNPs for game 1/3, 14 game 2), Luke played 8 min total (6 min Game 2, 2 min Game 3).
driver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject:

A 9-deep rotation just doesn't seem to work in a lockout situation. If Brown has to dip deep, I say go for it. Just don't dip and reach for Walton first, you can use much more capable shooters with Kapono/Goudelock for offense or Barnes for defense.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject:

I still think Mike Brown is trying to figure out what he has with this roster. You gotta remember, like a week of training camp and then boom you're out there for your games. He's just taking a close look at everyone and everything. Eventually, he'll tighten up the rotation and begin to phase out Luke Walton and Derek Fisher lol. I was rooting for him to phase out MWP as well.. but his experiment with MWP in the post seems to be working - so I'll give that a pass for now.

That being said - I give the Lakers this one. Knicks were able to defeat Boston.. but looking at their depth - it's not better than ours. Iman Shumpert is out with injury.. they have Bill Walker, Lin, Balkman, Steve freakin Novak, and Mike Bibby.

I think they'll be alright.

And I would like to see what Ebanks can at least do on Melo in the beginning of the game. Not enough to where Melo gets hot.. but just to see where Ebanks stands defensively.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Jared Jeffries is injured too. He probably won't play tomorrow. The Knicks frontline off the bench is really small.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject:

BobbyJ wrote:
Jared Jeffries is injured too. He probably won't play tomorrow. The Knicks frontline off the bench is really small.

yea.. they're getting killed by the golden state warriors without Stephen curry. Monta Ellis is single-handedly taking apart the Knicks. If Kobe do what Monta is doing right now - should be an easy game given the talent Lakers have
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject:

The Warriors just beat the crap out of the Knicks 92-78. Warriors out rebounded the Knicks 47-31. With Jared Jeffries out the Knicks have no size off the bench. There biggest player off the bench right now is Renaldo Blackman and he sucks.

Amare played 38 minutes and Melo played 35 minutes. I can't figure out why Chandler only played 22 minutes. He must have been in foul trouble.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=311228009

Last edited by 32 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Chandler picked up his 5th early in the quarter and after he went out, the game started to unravel. By the time he got back in, he picked up the T and game was already out of reach.

So they packed it up and will regroup for a grind tomorrow.

Btw, early congrats on 15000! You'll probably reach that later tonight or early tomorrow.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject:

BobbyJ wrote:

World Peace should be able to own the post off the bench once again then.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
vikboi28 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Crap! We're on the tail end of another TNT double-header.

Is the game going to be on FSN West?

If it's on TNT, probably not. Yesterday I looked for the game on FSN and couldn't find it, so they must have some sort of exclusive. Sad that it means missing part of the first quarter or so.

I hate that crap. It used to be that Laker home games would still be broadcast on FSW, I think, even if it was on TNT, so you could watch the Laker feed and not have to deal with the stupid TNT late starts. I think it still works that way for away games on KCAL, but I'm not sure.

I HATE TNT.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Team of the 80's wrote:
I sent off an angry tweet to TNT last night for delaying the Laker game and then...to add insult to injury we missed half of the 1st quarter.

I wish it was only half. We missed over 8 minutes of the first quarter. They sent it to commercial too after the Boston/Heat game ended.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject:

I am hyped for this game, this will be so interesting!
bluestorm1990
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject:

lol at the knicks horrendous shooting night for both Amare and Anthony against the warriors . Hopefully it continues on todays game.
Manny450r
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:52 am    Post subject:

Can't wait for this game. Last game without Bynum.
Comrades
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:44 am    Post subject:

Let's Go LAKERS!!
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:03 am    Post subject:

lounger wrote:
Go Lakeshow!
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject:

Looking at the GS game the NY bench is even worse than I thought. This could be a pretty good outing for MWP, McBob & Murphy.

Hopefully 3M will thrive tonight.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject:

This will be a dog fight, make no mistake. The Knicks overlooked the Warriors in anticipation for the showdown with the Lakers... Big mistake.. I see where we have done that in the past. So basically they gonna come to LA witha chip on thier shoulder and that is gonna be their downfall. We got this game, won't be easy though thats for sure.. But a W is a W!!!!! GO Lakers!!!!!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Things to watch in Knicks-Lakers matchup

1. The Lakers should benefit from rest. After playing three games in consecutive nights, the Lakers took the day off Wednesday. Even before that, the Lakers appeared surprisingly energetic in their 96-71 victory Tuesday over the Utah Jazz, though any poor team can make its opponent appear great. Still, the Lakers had a chance to rest their weary legs while the New York Knicks arrive at Staples Center fresh off a 92-78 loss Wednesday to the Golden State Warriors.

2. This marks the last game without Andrew Bynum. Because of that the Lakers could have their hands full matching up with Tyson Chandler, who remains one of the top defensive players in the league. Pau Gasol certainly knows the perils of matching up against him from the Lakers' semifinals sweep at the hands of the Dallas Mavericks. The Lakers will also miss Bynum's presence in the way he has shut down Amare Stoudemire's production.

Still, if anything about the Knicks' loss to the Warriors taught us, it's that New York is hardly a polished unit yet. Chandler played only 21½ minutes because of foul trouble, and the Lakers' frontline could certainly goad Chandler into making those mistakes again. Meanwhile, Stoudemire proved to be just as erratic, scoring 14 points off five-of-16 shooting. Considering their talent, those numbers will hardly reflect the numbers Chandler and Stoudemire post on a regular basis. But in the short term, it's plausible the Knicks could go through another dry spell or immediately bounce back. It largely hinges on how the Lakers' frontline defends them.

3. Look for Kobe Bryant to have a big night. In the past eight games against New York since the 2007-08 season, Bryant has averaged 34.1 points per game. Aside from motivations from showing up longtime Knicks fan Spike Lee, there's plenty of reason Bryant can go off on another scoring spree. He's a day removed from rest, which likely gave him more time to receive treatment on the torn ligament in his right wrist. Friend and offensive playmaker Carmelo Anthony is in town, and it's far from presumptuous to think Bryant would want to surpass anything 'Melo does. And yeah, New York isn't exactly known to be a solid defensive team.

4. How will Metta World Peace defend Anthony? In most cases, it's a no-brainer that World Peace would match up with the opposing team's best player. But with World Peace coming off the bench, this brings up different questions. Will Lakers Coach Mike Brown consider starting World Peace when the Lakers match against teams with elite scorers? Or will World Peace simply enter the game earlier and when Anthony is on the floor? Or will Brown assign someone else to defend Anthony? We haven't asked Brown yet but surely will before tipoff.

5. The Lakers have more depth than the Knicks. New York's options are limited by injuries to Baron Davis, Jared Jeffries and Iman Shumpert, while newcomers Mike Bibby, Steve Novak, Josh Harrellson and Jerome Jordan are all figuring out their roles. The Lakers may have a lot of needs right now, but only three games into the season they seem to have clearly defined roles among their utility players. Whether it's World Peace operating in the post, Josh McRoberts making hustle plays or Troy Murphy spacing the floor out, the Lakers' role players should have a field day against the Knicks.

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2011/12/things-to-watch-in-lakers-knicks-matchup.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=53297

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Assistant coach Chuck Person breaks down tonight's matchup with the NY Knicks.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/2011/12/29/111229knicksshoot-1948327/index.html
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject:

It's going to be a tester, how we play good teams. I hope the Kings game was a wake up. We were supposed to beat them but reverted to last years "Play to the level of the competition". I think the Knicks are overrated but that's JMO.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject:

If Kobe scores 25 tonight, it will be the 3rd time in his career he starts a season with 4 straight games of 25 or more.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject:

BobbyJ wrote:
If Kobe scores 25 tonight, it will be the 3rd time in his career he starts a season with 4 straight games of 25 or more.

Wow. I would've thought that would be a common occurrence with Kobe.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Pumped for tonight's game ya... On another note, we playing lots of back to backs the next couple of games, hopefully that means the schedule gets better down the road!!!!
henry
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject:

ehh, I'm already pissed knowing the game is on TNT and we will prob. miss half of the first quarter
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 3 of 73
Jump to: