Kobe Bryant is frustrated, Dwight Howard wants him to chill
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject:

choylaychunkuen wrote:
Kobe needs to take a chill pill. Kobe is born in the fire horse, which gives him intellect but on a short fuse. Calming the emotions will bring him justice. A negative emotional response will produce a negative qi, which gives a negative aura and will seep into players giving them a negative response and poor play. A positive reinforcement will help the team think clearer and give them a positive mindset on the court.

phil and fisher were always the balance to kobe's extreme negativity. i'm not sure who, if anybody, it is now.
Dwarf Nebula
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject:

choylaychunkuen wrote:
Kobe needs to take a chill pill. Kobe is born in the fire horse, which gives him intellect but on a short fuse. Calming the emotions will bring him justice. A negative emotional response will produce a negative qi, which gives a negative aura and will seep into players giving them a negative response and poor play. A positive reinforcement will help the team think clearer and give them a positive mindset on the court.

Thanks for that observation doc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RHSTD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
CalisFinest wrote:
A team with this much talent that's 1-4 should not be "chill". They should be utterly disappointed in themselves, and use it as motivation to blow the league out of the water.

they shouldn't panic either.

LMAO at equating Kobe getting angry with panicking. I'm not sure Kobe even knows how to panic. No, it's time for this team to show a sense of urgency. kobe did just that at the end of the game, and now it's time for his team to follow his lead.
RHSTD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
choylaychunkuen wrote:

phil and fisher were always the balance to kobe's extreme negativity. i'm not sure who, if anybody, it is now.

What a joke of a troll you are.
Dwarf Nebula
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject:

People DO need to take a chill pill. The current incarnation will take time. This is not the team that you will see in December/January. If tweeking is needed management always steps up. Moreover, when the team is 100% and with Nash's role defined, they will play good ball when it counts. No need to get down now. Just enjoy the unfolding story that is our Los Angeles Laker family.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject:

RHSTD wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
choylaychunkuen wrote:

What a joke of a troll you are.

what number of usernames are you on now, btw?

Last edited by greenfrog on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe Bryant is frustrated, Dwight Howard wants him to chill

v1n5anity wrote:
paulsung123 wrote:

SMH

This isn't your team, get in line.
You said you wanted to learn how to win from Kobe, then shut ur trap and listen.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/08/kobe-bryant-is-frustrated-dwight-howard-wants-him-to-chill/

Who cares if it's Kobe's team? Dwight is the better player.

That guy can talk and give advice to Kobe when he has 5 rings of his own.

Kobe's so seasoned, that he doesn't need a squirt to tell him how to approach the game.

It's one thing if it's someone with his level of pedigree. Ha, there's no one in the league like that.

It also wasn't Dwight who got the Lakers into striking position in the last game. If Dwight is truly the better player, then he should act like it.
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

What number will you be on when the mods get tired of your act?

Don't try to act innocent. All sane people know what you're all about if they've taken the time to read through your posts.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe Bryant is frustrated, Dwight Howard wants him to chill

v1n5anity wrote:
paulsung123 wrote:

SMH

This isn't your team, get in line.
You said you wanted to learn how to win from Kobe, then shut ur trap and listen.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/08/kobe-bryant-is-frustrated-dwight-howard-wants-him-to-chill/

Who cares if it's Kobe's team? Dwight is the better player.

Shooting foul shots is also part of the game.
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Dwarf Nebula wrote:
Is it me or does Deandre Jordan look like what DHoward used to look like? His explosiveness is currently much greater than DHowards. Hopefully DH is no where near 100%. If he is, we are in trouble bc right now I would honestly take DJ over Howard with the way they are both playing.

Bynum is broken.
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject:

RHSTD wrote:
This was disrespectful. Dwight should not be telling a 16 year veteran, 5 time champion, the leader of this team, and the face of the franchise how to handle his emotions.

If Kobe wants to show his frustration, he should show his frustration. Maybe then, our clueless management will get rid of the clown.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Gwyn wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Don't try to act innocent. All sane people know what you're all about if they've taken the time to read through your posts.

well what are you about exactly? you've been here since october!
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Kobe has 16 years in the league and 5 rings, he can be frustrated if he wants to.

I'm loving your posts man. You've changed for the better!
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Gwyn wrote:
RHSTD wrote:
This was disrespectful. Dwight should not be telling a 16 year veteran, 5 time champion, the leader of this team, and the face of the franchise how to handle his emotions.

If Kobe wants to show his frustration, he should show his frustration. Maybe then, our clueless management will get rid of the clown.

yes, let's trade dwight! now these are two TRUE lakers fans...
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Gwyn wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

well what are you about exactly? you've been here since october!

Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Gwyn wrote:
RHSTD wrote:

If only they could be more like you...

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

RHSTD wrote:

He means get rid of Brown not Howard.

At least I think he does. Brown is the problem, not Howard. Though he should be more careful about what he says through the media.
gorila
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Some of these comments worry me... It seems like some of you are too in Kobe's side, give him some room to breath please.. I can't believe some of you dare to trash Dwight, a Laker. It seems like some of you were waiting for Dwight to slip so you could trash him.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject:

gorila wrote:
Some of these comments worry me... It seems like some of you are too in Kobe's side, give him some room to breath please.. I can't believe some of you dare to trash Dwight, a Laker. It seems like some of you were waiting for Dwight to slip so you could trash him.

Kobe Defense Derangement Syndrome. They are not in any way Bynum fans.

Last edited by greenfrog on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject:

gorila wrote:

No one is trashing him. He just needs to show a little more respect to the guy that's been in this league for 16+ years with countless records and 5 rings.

This comment doesn't make me want him gone at all.

I'm one of the biggest Kobe fans on this site too. I love Dwight, and I'm glad to have him over that busted up husk called Bynum.

If you look around, you have people who are defending Bynum by poking at Dwight's perceived flaws.

I usually go in and correct them of their error.
RHSTD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Gwyn wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

RHSTD wrote:

He means get rid of Brown not Howard.

At least I think he does. Brown is the problem, not Howard. Though he should be more careful about what he says through the media.

Of course I mean Brown. I love Dwight. He's the only other player on the team besides Kobe who plays with any heart. But this comment was just disrespectful and wrong. Nothing wrong with showing frustration with what's going on as long as you channel it in a positive way. And even a casual laker fan knows that an angry Kobe plays his best ball.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject:

He's got a valid point. I wish the fans would just chill though. I think a lot of Kobe's frustration comes from himself though, not directed at his teammates. Kobe is a perfectionist. When he is having a bad night in any facet of his game, he's going to be frustrated. That is what makes Kobe who he is.
paulsung123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:
He's got a valid point. I wish the fans would just chill though. I think a lot of Kobe's frustration comes from himself though, not directed at his teammates. Kobe is a perfectionist. When he is having a bad night in any facet of his game, he's going to be frustrated. That is what makes Kobe who he is.

Pretty sure Kobe's death stare was not because he was disappointed in himself.
dmills
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Clark Kent wrote:
No big deal.

Dwight is rehasing the "Good cop Bad cop" scenario that Lamar Odom always used to bring to the Locker Room.

Remember all the Pau Gasol, "I wish I could get the ball more quotes" hinting at Kobe? Now that's even crazier! But Kobe obliged for the betterment of the team.

Pretty much. I Just read his comments in context. Good call.
RavishingRuWooba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:

When an ISFP gets mad, they feel like steaming broccoli in a closet full of onions. Think about it, a steaming stick of broccoli in a closetful full of onions...what does it really accomplish, in the end? A steamed stick of broccoli, and low self-esteem all around. An ISFP can be eventually, begrudgingly, be reasoned with though...that's the good thing. It's not quite the same thing as when an ISTP like Sloan goes mad, that's just Carrie pulling out white hair in a gym kind of scarry.... It's different. Many ways to say essentially the same thing. Long run wise, Howard showing he's got balls to raise his mouth when deemed appropriate, shows he's more balanced and open-minded than given credit for. More mature than we know yet, is willing to be a work in *progress*...not process.

Worthy's one erudite ISTP. "Big Game Erudite," is that his name? Very balanced...a foxy competitor in the trenches, but *not* a savage. He knows how to reel it back in when necessary, and expertly, can see through a pluffy cloud since last year, it was evident. Magic also saw through. The glare in Mitch at the end, suggested the same...@ end of day though, Jim's the boss. If you're not a basketball mind, look to those who are, ask for the truth, it begins in the eyes; not a legacy that begins with wonton firing of those more experienced than you. It creates a *restrained* feeling culture, and who wants that?

In his prime, Jerry Buss was smart enough to know his *limitations,* and that's why everyone respected him. Jerry West, u the man, I trust u 2 do you're job. Somebody's gotta be the bank, but u don't have to always be the spokesman.

James is taller and narrower than James Earl Jones, but otherwise quite similar...hmm, a very interesting observation.

Why has he never aggressively pursued coaching? U know, sometimes it's just a heart attack waiting to happen. Right now, Brown comes off like a yelping puppy dog by comparison...that's why James and Magic, never really seemed to "buy in."

Whatever the case maybe, I think you mistake Kobe. Long term, he'd respect someone like Dwight more for asserting his personal self-worth...nothing dissrespectful about his comments, it was an opinion. They both want to win. Either approach taken too far or complacent/pacifier would lose, but together...that's potentially imbued. It takes only an open mind and culture of sharing...but 2 me, when so many miserable people in the world, it's hard to justify keeping Brown afloat any longer. *For whatever reason,* there's no excuse at this point for why player's just aren't seeming to respond to him. He's neither their catalyst, or galvanizing force, and they're not that in love with him that they'd ask him to a Just Dance 4 marathon...it just is what it is. It's very rare, for players to just "snap out of it," when a coach has lost his magic charm wand on them. U can tell, body language begins to wander off precipitously, shoulders slump precipitously, opinions and personalities dissent and clash all around...it's not worth it. Howard and Kobe is potentially more valuable than Brown, as is Nash, and Gasol if he cared enough to...they can elevate and save the day, but Brown doesn't have that ceiling. Most coaches don't, they're not the ones playing. Whatever, the bottom-line is at the end of the day, they either push all the right buttons...or they don't. Even vaunted Phil and Riley in the end, philosophies smushoracies, at end of day, once a coach begins to be tuned out, they've lost their "flava" with the players...the writing's on the wall, it's over. Like watching ice scream melt against those locker room stalls and go to waste...u can't really reverse that, u could try, but u'd have to be the world's best janitor. Not saying it's not possible...but is it really *worth* the effort after awhile?

Brown no matter how hard he tries, isn't that gifted that he can't be replaced...at the city's expense. Most in it, is miserable. Sessions and Barnes' and a GLock come and go...but not a Howard. Come on, basic sense; let's right this ship, before it's too late. It'd be easier for Buss to do, just put on Barbara Streistrand, and cream, "Enough is enough, is enough...."

*At absolute worst,* we're not gaining or losing anything by bringing in a new coach. How could we really do any worse? There's nothing to lose, but a few mil, a drop in the bucket @ this point...but think of the consequences if u lose a Dwight Howard "Johnson," dohh...there's one of those in every city too. Think of the consquences, the imparatives. Coaches are expendable, superstars dandelions that can skip-off carefree, winning with *or* without you...if the body language perks up, they can win with OR without Brown. That's what superstars are capable of on their own, and why they're superstars. Maybe not a championship, but can still *win* some on their own.

Problem with Brown is that I feel like he's a "Brown noser" "kind" of "nice guy." Nice on the surface, until you realize he just threw you under the buss...in other words, the type who'd save his hide, @ your expense.... And to me, that's hard to respect. Bcs. you can have "pull" over people in any number of ways, so long as you do it with *absolute integrity.* You can respect that...when Brown forgets from where he first...how can u as a role player like GLock, respect that? When u know deep down that Brown's no better than u, in fact, was worse...why should I respect this guy so much when he puts me in a position to fail? When he sees nobodies as potential scape goats, when he does not elevate and give others the same opportunity? Where's his pull then? It begins to feel like hogwash to me after awhile. "Nice guys" can pull the rug over your eyes too...look at the *actions,* the reality. Bcs. mean guys don't always stab u in the back 2oo...again, look at the reality. The rest is just a persona mask waiting 2 be unveiled @ later date. Whenever u rely on a persona mask to carry u through, u're not necessarily weak...but u could get be even stronger, u just don't know it yet. U gotta be stronger than that. U gotta be willing to evolve as a person, & the more u do, the more u're able to slam on the brakes whenever u so please...when "spiraling," 2 make a point. 2 be able to seal it up just like that when at your absolute worst, at your lowest, takes *real* time. Soemthing Brown hasn't put in yet, again not 2 be mistaken for the kind of experience u can just "cram." Long-term, players don't buy into that whole-affectionately, nor should Buss. If he wants to prove how far he's gone, how mature and ready he is for this position as Lakers figurehead...then he needs to show he can see through that, can call that bluff. Adelman and Pop make it happen...do it with less, for less money. The Spurs have been around the block long enough to know u don't trade a Popovich for Brown. Ask 'em if they'd be willing to trade, even thow in a traded-player exemption...or some cash mil under the table, they won't bite. One is the mentor, the other still a student. It ain't no shame, but it is if u'd rather hold on, than grow. *>* u grow. Eventually, it becomes easier to trust u're instincts when growing bold.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7
Jump to: