Lets start a Petition to get Ham Fired this Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Lets start a Petition to get Ham Fired this Offseason

Nonamehero wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
I stopped watching most of the games after we traded for Westbrick.
I don't want to rage every game and destroy my health.
Mostly I been following highlights.

After the trade this year, got super excited, started watching again.

And after 3 games, I realized Ham is just as big of a problem as Westbrick.

The dude is completely clueless.
if any of you still holding out hope for this idiots, please don't hold your breath.

It aint happening, I wish he could turn into a decent coach, but that is the same as wishing Westbrick can shoot, not turn the ball over, play team defense, it is wishful thinking.

It is simply asking too much out of our idiot coach who is only good as a motivator and an assistant coach.

and you might hope oh he can be a dumb brick, just hire some good assistant coach for him, and we are golden.
NO, that's not how it works.

When the leader is a dumb brick, you will check out mentally as part of his staff.

Look at the Nets when Steve Nash is coaching, it was just a (bleep) show, and now that he left, Jacque Vaughn is doing heck of a job.

Imagine you in the coaching staff telling Ham oh I dont think we should play the 3 guard lineup with Brick, Beverly and Schroder, as none of them can shoot, Ham then tells you NAWWW the analytic checks out, we are golden.... like would you even care at that point.
I see the camera turn to our timeouts, I can even see the whole coaching staff just adapting Ham coaching stye, pumping up our guys, and yell YAHHH lets go, no one is drawing up plays or have a ounce of strategy discussion. When Lebron is not injured, this is not as bad, as Lebron is a floor general himself.

Anyways to be honest, no one wants to hear it, and will call me a fake fan, but we have to honest with ourselves, this season is over with this idiot coach.

but we still have hope for next season, maybe if we put all of our voice together and just start a petition to fire Ham, we will have a chance to compete.

So the black coach gets 2 weeks with a roster that makes sense before you want to out him lol

Bring Udoka in. I guarantee we will be the favorite to win it all next year.

An idiot is an idiot.

It has nothing to do with his color.

Luke Walton was an idiot too.

Yeah, I'd be down to try Udoka as well, unless what he did behind the scenes was something illegal. If all he did was have affairs... that has nothing to do with basketball.

Maybe one day Ham will become a good head coach... but I don't really feel like being his training ground.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:51 pm    Post subject:

I'd be on board with hiring Udoka. If Darvin doesn't get it together it wouldn't surprise me if he's not given consideration.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Lets start a Petition to get Ham Fired this Offseason

BILBJH wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:

if any of you still holding out hope for this idiots, please don't hold your breath.

It aint happening, I wish he could turn into a decent coach, but that is the same as wishing Westbrick can shoot, not turn the ball over, play team defense, it is wishful thinking.

It is simply asking too much out of our idiot coach who is only good as a motivator and an assistant coach.

and you might hope oh he can be a dumb brick, just hire some good assistant coach for him, and we are golden.

When the leader is a dumb brick, you will check out mentally as part of his staff.

Look at the Nets when Steve Nash is coaching, it was just a (bleep) show, and now that he left, Jacque Vaughn is doing heck of a job.

Imagine you in the coaching staff telling Ham oh I dont think we should play the 3 guard lineup with Brick, Beverly and Schroder, as none of them can shoot, Ham then tells you NAWWW the analytic checks out, we are golden.... like would you even care at that point.
I see the camera turn to our timeouts, I can even see the whole coaching staff just adapting Ham coaching stye, pumping up our guys, and yell YAHHH lets go, no one is drawing up plays or have a ounce of strategy discussion. When Lebron is not injured, this is not as bad, as Lebron is a floor general himself.

Anyways to be honest, no one wants to hear it, and will call me a fake fan, but we have to honest with ourselves, this season is over with this idiot coach.

but we still have hope for next season, maybe if we put all of our voice together and just start a petition to fire Ham, we will have a chance to compete.

So the black coach gets 2 weeks with a roster that makes sense before you want to out him lol

An idiot is an idiot.

Yeah, I'd be down to try Udoka as well, unless what he did behind the scenes was something illegal. If all he did was have affairs... that has nothing to do with basketball.

Maybe one day Ham will become a good head coach... but I don't really feel like being his training ground.

No more Shaq you’re not making any sense. We’re 6-2 since the trade and you’re complaining about what? Udoka wouldn’t have won with the predeadline roster. Smh some y’all be complaining just to complain lol
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:29 pm    Post subject:

With every win Darvin ham makes this thread a little more ridiculous

Yes, the Lakers are his training ground that’s the whole idea of hiring a rookie coach. You let them cut their teeth and learn and hopefully at the end you have something.

Ham has had to deal with major injuries to his squad this whole season. I am quite sure that the front office is taking that into consideration when evaluating him.

They have played the top teams right down to overtimes this year, beaten some of them

They have climbed out of a two and 14 start and a half game behind on the play in after today
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:

Yes, the Lakers are his training ground that’s the whole idea of hiring a rookie coach. You let them cut their teeth and learn and hopefully at the end you have something.

Ham has had to deal with major injuries to his squad this whole season. I am quite sure that the front office is taking that into consideration when evaluating him.

They have played the top teams right down to overtimes this year, beaten some of them

They have climbed out of a two and 14 start and a half game behind on the play in after today

What are you talking about.

The dude almost sub in Vander too late and cost us the game.

We are winning despite of him.

this is a good roster. We can win games.

We should have won against Minnesota.

Miinn didn’t really want to win that game. But our idiot coach gave it to them
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:05 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm not feeling sorry for him either. I'm advocating giving him a chance.

Don't get caught up in the message board negativity. Ham's fine. As I keep saying, the measuring stick for every coach is wins and losses. When things aren't going well, the mob is out with torches and pitchforks. When the team wins, there are still always going to be some people with torches and pitchforks, but everyone else just yawns.

Seriously, I can remember that a few people used to whine constantly about PJ's rotations, yada yada yada. Someone linked the Clippers' Reddit page in another thread a few days ago. There were people whining about Tyrone Lue's rotations and calling him juvenile names. It was just like here. When things aren't going well, those people get righteous. A lot of us just roll our eyes. We've seen this movie a few times.

If Ham gets anything at all out of this season, it's a bonus. After today's game, I'm feeling pretty good about making a run at the 6 seed. We'll see how he does next season when (hopefully) he'll get a better constructed roster.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I'm not feeling sorry for him either. I'm advocating giving him a chance.

Don't get caught up in the message board negativity. Ham's fine. As I keep saying, the measuring stick for every coach is wins and losses. When things aren't going well, the mob is out with torches and pitchforks. When the team wins, there are still always going to be some people with torches and pitchforks, but everyone else just yawns.

Seriously, I can remember that a few people used to whine constantly about PJ's rotations, yada yada yada. Someone linked the Clippers' Reddit page in another thread a few days ago. There were people whining about Tyrone Lue's rotations and calling him juvenile names. It was just like here. When things aren't going well, those people get righteous. A lot of us just roll our eyes. We've seen this movie a few times.

If Ham gets anything at all out of this season, it's a bonus. After today's game, I'm feeling pretty good about making a run at the 6 seed. We'll see how he does next season when (hopefully) he'll get a better constructed roster.

lol this is not a knee jerk reaction from me.
Only an idiot would judge a coach base on today game result or just one game.
PJ rotation had issues, he wasn't perfect, though rarely anyone said fire PJ.

Clippers ran out a lot of coaches, Doc got trashed, now doing ok in Philadelphia, that team is cursed. Anyone who touches that team is cursed.
but anyways I dont watch the Clippers much or care about their rotation.
I am happy that Westbrick is on their team though.

The focus is on the Lakers, and whether or not Ham suck.

What you said had nothing to do with whether or not Ham suck.
You just basically said we are overreacting, everyone overreacting, therefore Ham is fine.. LOL WTF? that's an argument maybe Darwin Ham would make.

You are probably one of the dude who told me Westbrick was fine, we needed to give him time, and it will all work out?

What is Ham good at?

can you please give me some examples where Ham excel at being a NBA level head coach (other than cheerleading). Please give me some hope.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
You are probably one of the dude who told me Westbrick was fine, we needed to give him time, and it will all work out?

Oh yeah. Sure. That was me. *cough* I can see that your discerning wisdom is not limited to coaches. *clears throat* I'm sure lots of people here remember what a Westbrook stan I was. Oh yeah, I was begging for Westbrook. Heck, I thought we should have given the Wizards a second FRP as a tip. Absolutely.

Anyway, I feel a little sorry for you. Every time the Lakers win, it's going to hurt you deep inside. Oh, you'll claim to be happy about the win, but we'll know better. The smiling facade won't fool us. Heck, if we manage to get the 6 seed (possible, though unlikely), you'll need to concoct a revised narrative about how Ham is finally learning, or how the roster is dragging Ham along, or how the roster is so good that even Ham can't screw it up, or how the ghost of David Stern is telling the officials to fix the games so that Lebron can win one more title. Something like that.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:

Oh yeah. Sure. That was me. *cough* I can see that your discerning wisdom is not limited to coaches. *clears throat* I'm sure lots of people here remember what a Westbrook stan I was. Oh yeah, I was begging for Westbrook. Heck, I thought we should have given the Wizards a second FRP as a tip. Absolutely.

Anyway, I feel a little sorry for you. Every time the Lakers win, it's going to hurt you deep inside. Oh, you'll claim to be happy about the win, but we'll know better. The smiling facade won't fool us. Heck, if we manage to get the 6 seed (possible, though unlikely), you'll need to concoct a revised narrative about how Ham is finally learning, or how the roster is dragging Ham along, or how the roster is so good that even Ham can't screw it up, or how the ghost of David Stern is telling the officials to fix the games so that Lebron can win one more title. Something like that.

dude I am happy to eat crow.
if the Lakers can win a Championship under Ham, I will eat crow as buffet everyday if I have to.
I will be so happy if I can come back to this forum and admit that I am the idiot, and Ham is actually an genius of a coach and we win everything.
I WISH I am wrong, and a miracle happens, and Ham and Pop traded brains, and you laugh at my face, and I will be like hey dude you are right, I am so stupid, but our team rocks.

But sorry to tell you.

I wasnt wrong about Westbrick (when the trade happened, I declared the season is over as long as he is on the team)

I wasnt wrong about Luke Walton.

But anyways you wrote so many words, but you still havent told me what gives you so much hope about Ham, what did he do this season that impress you so much that you think he will excel in the future?

please share, dude, I want to be hopeful like you are.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:54 pm    Post subject:

There have been no shortage of complaints about Jeannie, Rob, Linda, and Kurt on this board over the last few years, do people really think they managed to identify and hire a first year coach who is going to be championship coach? I hope they did, but I’m not seeing it yet.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

What are you talking about.

The dude almost sub in Vander too late and cost us the game.

We are winning despite of him.

this is a good roster. We can win games.

We should have won against Minnesota.

Miinn didn’t really want to win that game. But our idiot coach gave it to them

You are ridiculous.

How about you try enjoying a win for a change?🙄

#BannersOverBillboards
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:01 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
There have been no shortage of complaints about Jeannie, Rob, Linda, and Kurt on this board over the last few years, do people really think they managed to identify and hire a first year coach who is going to be championship coach? I hope they did, but I’m not seeing it yet.

the thing is we didnt need like a world class coach to win.

most Lebron team have average coaches (Spo was really good, but during the championship run, he was just at the beginning of his career)

We just needed a coach that dont hurt the team, like Luke Walton.

but yet we manage to find someone that arguably is worst than Luke Walton.

I really didnt know that was possible.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

most Lebron team have average coaches (Spo was really good, but during the championship run, he was just at the beginning of his career)

You do this, even after a win you’re hopeless
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Lets start a Petition to get Ham Fired this Offseason

Car54 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:

An idiot is an idiot.

No more Shaq you’re not making any sense. We’re 6-2 since the trade and you’re complaining about what? Udoka wouldn’t have won with the predeadline roster. Smh some y’all be complaining just to complain lol

It’s not just about wins…we should absolutely have not loss as many….and I think we’d have more wins if Ham had done a better job coaching. It’s also about line ups and substitutions and game plan and adjustments. Ham rolls with an ineffective line up for tooo long when it’s questionable whether the particular line up should be on the floor together at all.

Slow starts, outplayed in 3rd quarter, continually struggling to close, all are also part of the team’s struggles that looks like a coaching deficiency.

I prefer to support the team we have, but if Dlo and Ham were switched out for Kyrie and Udoka I would understand.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Lets start a Petition to get Ham Fired this Offseason

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Car54 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:

An idiot is an idiot.

It’s not just about wins…we should absolutely have not loss as many….and I think we’d have more wins if Ham had done a better job coaching. It’s also about line ups and substitutions and game plan and adjustments. Ham rolls with an ineffective line up for tooo long when it’s questionable whether the particular line up should be on the floor together at all.

Slow starts, outplayed in 3rd quarter, continually struggling to close, all are also part of the team’s struggles that looks like a coaching deficiency.

I prefer to support the team we have, but if Dlo and Ham were switched out for Kyrie and Udoka I would understand.

I mean yeah in a vacuum those guys are better
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

You do this, even after a win you’re hopeless

WOW a regular season win, lets CELEBRATE.

what are we the Flippers?

for the Lakers, it is all about Championship or aspiration to win Championship if not this year, next year.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Lets start a Petition to get Ham Fired this Offseason

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Car54 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:

An idiot is an idiot.

I really hope we dont get Kyrie though.

Dlo despite he is not an all star level player, and his many flaws.

He actually fit on this team very well, and he fits with Lebron.
His slow but in control pace fits perfectly with Lebron right now
His outside shooting is very nice too.
He also act like a defensive quarterback nowaday, calling out the other team sets. He is actually kinda of underrated in defense now.

When the trade was announced, I wasnt feeling Dlo that much, but after watching him play with Lebron.

I think the fit is really really good, I would argue even better than Kyrie would on this team. And he has really matured as a player.

Though this whole ankle injury does seem very very weird.

Regardless Kyrie off court drama that could affect the team is just so unpredictable.

He could get himself suspended whenever he feels like the earth is not rotating right or he woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:05 am    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
But anyways you wrote so many words, but you still havent told me what gives you so much hope about Ham, what did he do this season that impress you so much that you think he will excel in the future?

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with a zealot like you. There is literally nothing I could possibly say that would cause you to reconsider your ravings about Ham. If God came down from heaven and told you that Ham is a competent coach, you'd march around with a sign that says God Is Dead. There are several of you who have gotten so extreme about this that the rest of us are just walking past and shaking our heads.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:27 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with a zealot like you. There is literally nothing I could possibly say that would cause you to reconsider your ravings about Ham. If God came down from heaven and told you that Ham is a competent coach, you'd march around with a sign that says God Is Dead. There are several of you who have gotten so extreme about this that the rest of us are just walking past and shaking our heads.

I have come to the conclusion that no name hero is a well disguise troll. Nobody is the stupid unless it’s on purpose
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:34 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:

I have come to the conclusion that no name hero is a well disguise troll. Nobody is the stupid unless it’s on purpose

I'm more forgiving that this. Yes, really. Sometimes people just get too wrapped up in an argument on a message board. Social media can really mess with people's minds. I have fallen victim to this in the past. Eventually, I realized that it's okay to change your mind and even *gasp* to be wrong about something.

So I think that this is someone who has just gotten consumed by a message board argument. This doesn't make him a troll, and it doesn't make him a bad person. For the moment, he's just a victim of social media culture.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:34 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:

So you still refuse to have a conversation and back up your support for Ham.
And make assumption and exaggeration about my view on Ham.

I have nothing agains the guy, dude.
Just like I have nothing against Westbrick.

I just don’t want him on the Lakers.

This is like the time I keep telling people Westbrick is cancer.
And the trade was horrible.

Most people jumping up and down and just say nawww he is gonna be a complete different basketball player with Lebron

Lol

Ham has been an assistant coach for how many years now?

It is not like it is first day and he didn’t have good coaching system to learn from.

When you are assistant coach for that long and you come in as head coach and just plain suck.

It shows you are just not head coach material.

This is exact same situation as Luke Walton.
I Bleed P&G
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero and dondraper grow up and call Westbrook by his name.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:

Not with you. That's what I just said.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:

Not with you. That's what I just said.

Well, we can't continue flip flopping to the next coach; we've tried that. This
is a rookie coach, who probably knows more about basketball than most or
any of us here on LG or one of us would be in the league (NOT).

I'd say we groom this coach. Anyway, it is impossible to please everyone,
that's not the job..

IMO; give it a break he'll be the coach for the remainder of the season
and, if I had to guess, beyond.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:24 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Well, we can't continue flip flopping to the next coach; we've tried that. This
is a rookie coach, who probably knows more about basketball than most or
any of us here on LG or one of us would be in the league (NOT).

I'd say we groom this coach. Anyway, it is impossible to please everyone,
that's not the job..

IMO; give it a break he'll be the coach for the remainder of the season
and, if I had to guess, beyond.

As I keep saying, coaches are evaluated based on winning. If Ham did everything perfectly, but we still lost, he would be criticized, and people would be calling for a new coach. Conversely, if we were winning, the criticisms of Ham would get no traction.

We need a better body of work to judge Ham. The first three months of the season had a broken, dysfunctional roster, and we did poorly. Since the trade deadline, we're winning. Is one of those a fluke? We'll find out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7
Jump to: