Phil Jackson wants Artest.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Balki Bartokomous
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Nix and Heat may be the only thing preventing an Artest/LA
union.

You know Shaq would love to stick it to Buss and Co.
hitmankb
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
He should be let go of his contract by the Kings to pursue a topnotch psychiatrist in LA.

Classic!!!
AllorNothing on Ron Artest
Quote:
He should be let go of his contract by the Kings to pursue a topnotch psychiatrist in LA.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Phil Jackson wants Artest.

laker_pride wrote:
He went on to say that Phil Jackson is the only coach who can control such a player.

Phil had Smush Parker, Brian Cook and and Andrew Bynum all giving him grief this season at various popints.

Phil can't "control" anybody anymore - and definitely not Ron Artest.
LakersFanESS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:
If the reports on the Anti-Guard's return are true, then the Lakers need Artest now more than ever.

Is anti-guard supposed to be funny? Some people on LG think they are so clever, even at the expense of our own. He was a HUGE part of the 2001 championship and a key member in the rest. Fisher has his drawbacks but he is not afraid of the moment; he embraces pressure as well as anyone. He played great versus Golden State in a very tough situation and that is the kind of player I want on my team when we have a big game in the playoffs.

So enough about anti-guard and matador because he will be a Laker again and he deserves our support. Why not support Fisher, Kobe sure does....
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject:

*Dante* wrote:
I belive Artest said he wanted to retire a Pacer as well then 2 weeks later he demanded a trade.

wasn't kobe suppose to be a laker for life? who asked for a trade again?
infidel
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject:

Personally, I love the starting lineup of:

Fisher
Kobe
Artest
Lamar
J. Oneil

Assuming we sign Fisher and can trade for Artest and Oneil giving up Bynum, Kwame and some warm bodies while keeping Lamar, I think we have a contender.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject:

infidel wrote:

Fisher
Kobe
Artest
Lamar
J. Oneil

Assuming we sign Fisher and can trade for Artest and Oneil giving up Bynum, Kwame and some warm bodies while keeping Lamar, I think we have a contender.

How exactly do we get Artest when we're sending all our trade chips to Indy?
lakers1969
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject:

LVLAKERFAN wrote:
The one thing that I remember about Rodman is that he kicked a cameraman in the nuts on natinoal tv without a motive.

We really don't know what Artest did since there really isn't any video proof of him hitting his wife. When ever J-Kidd is brought up, I have yet to hear that he is a wife beater, because everyone believes his wife is culprit.

I really don't think Artest is as bad as everyone thinks he is. He seems to have a good heart and is usually upfront and honest from what I've seen.

People make a big about him asking for time off to work on his music because he was overwhelmed with all NBA life and being a business man. Shaq used to lie and say his big toe hurt to get time off instead of just being honest. Rodman was no business man. What kind of business did he have? He just liked to party all the time.

If I was in Artest's place and someone threw a beer at my face while I was laying down, I can't not see myself reacting any differently then he did. You have some problems if you believe that you would have done nothing in the spur of the moment in that type of situation.

Ron Artest has only had 3 technicals and 1 flagrant. Since the brawl Kobe has had 29 Technical fouls and 2 flagrants and multiple suspentions.

The only reason we aren't getting Artest is either because no one would take on Vlad or Luke in a trade for us and Sacremento wouldn't make it easy for to get him. It would be pretty dumb to trade for Artest when we have to other SF's making MLE type money along with Artest.

If we were able to deal Luke or Vlad for something decent, I'd give up a lot to get Artest

Exactly. I support Tru-Warrier and another upside, Kobe knows him since they were kids including LO. If he can be PNG it will be a defense anchor to the team and influence more toughness to other players..

"If you are a LAKER FAN, you are LAKERS FOR LIFE" - Doc Buss

- NBA BIAS
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject:

I doubt Artest would turn his life around under Phil's guidance. Phil doesn't know his limitations. He's a basketball coach, not a medication.

That being said, if the asking price was only a sign-and-trade Luke and filler, why not? But then, the fat Maloof herd didn't want to send Bibby our way. I find it doubtful they'll reconsider, and send us Artest.
Rollins
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
So Phil is going to live with Artest to make sure he doesn't beat down his chicks? Interesting.

No kidding. I like Artest as a player and he's a tough minded guy on the court but dang man who needs his brand of drama? Sitting out. Pouting. That's a moody bastard right there and that's basketball related because it impacts the team. As for non-basketball stuff I know we all have our opinion and perspective of behavior that falls into what we don't mind versus what we won't accept or tolerate but for me when a man has a "cloud" over his head about how he treats women in his life...I cringe. That's a character flaw, imo. I don't care if a woman is kicking your ass, you walk out of the house and leave. For Artest or any of these athletes their wives and girlfriends are a fraction of their size.
jmnluvr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject:

If you get him for some of our garbage, then who cares
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject:

get Artest and roll the dice Dr Buss
ShadyG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject:

LakersFanESS wrote:
drzucchini wrote:
If the reports on the Anti-Guard's return are true, then the Lakers need Artest now more than ever.

Is anti-guard supposed to be funny? Some people on LG think they are so clever, even at the expense of our own.

I doubt drzucchini was trying to be clever. The term "anti-guard" hearkens back to discussions quite a few years ago. I don't think I was on LG.net yet (did it exist?), but there was a prolific and tremendously anti-Fisher poster on Usenet discussions who liked to use this term. Perhaps he thought it clever.

At any rate, this one word to me serves as a good balance to the good feelings I have remembering the championship years. It is a reminder that a huge number of Lakers fans were complaining about Fisher's defense, and the odds are greatly against it having gotten significantly better since then. Personally, I'd have been happy if the guy could make a layup from time to time, but his shooting from distance is money. We need that at the point.

I like FIsh, and my wife in particular would be thrilled to see him back (she's a big fan), but I find it useful to shake off the warm fuzzies and remind myself rationally of his limitations. Especially when there's talk of using the MLE on him. Ouch.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject:

Actually I think the Lakers FO will be (as always) divided on dealing Farmar.

On one hand they'll be hearing how much Phil likes Artest and thinks he can help us on the other hand they'll probably look at Farmar looking like the closest thing we have right now to a NBA starting PG, next season.

I do think Kwame, Radman and Farmar for Artest + big K is a very solid offer for a guy that basically is insane and has an opt out next season. It's far more a risk on our side than theirs. The Kings will actually use guys like Farmar and Radmanovic very well in the type of offense they run (or plan to next season).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
WalterJ187
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject:

For this team to get significantly better in the short term, there has to be some risks taken. Bring on Artest and Francis, and let Phil earn his $10MM per year making it all work!

I look at like this. If this team plays it safe with signings like Fisher (who's a great guy, but even in his prime he isn't enough to make this team that much better), then the Lakers will remain a 1st round exit playoff team. If the Lakers manage to get Artest and Francis, this team could be a top tier team if Phil makes it work on and off the court, or go down in a blaze of glory and the team will be mediocre for another season.

Playing it safe = no shot at contention
Roll the dice = chance for contention, but if it all blows up, I don't think they are that much worse off.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject:

DoubleClutch wrote:
Debating Artest's stability off the court is one thing, but when he plays the guy is a star caliber player. Former DPOY. 19 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals last year. If you can get a guy like that for Kwame and say Farmar, you do it.

It's not like we were a Finals caliber team last year, and should be afraid he might mess up our "winning" chemistry. He brings the one thing we lack most - defense. A trio of Kobe-Artest-Odom would be formidable, and we would have solid depth surrounding them. This is a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned.
That's what a lot on here said, and claimed that he was what the Kings needed to get back to playoff contention. BUT, it didn't quite happen the way all of the "we want Artest" folks were saying now, did it? This guy isn't the difference maker some like to claim, he has too many "issues" and his teammates shy away from trying to get him on the same page as the rest of the team. This leads to 4 guys trying to work together, and RonRon freelancing all over the place.

You certainly would not want his disruptive tendencies on a team with a lot of young, impressionable players, the risks FAR outweigh any possible reward. Wrong guy for a team TRYING desperately to build team chemistry!
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject:

^^^

Francis/Fisher/Crit
Kobe/Evans/Sasha
Artest/Walton
Odom/Turiaf
Kwame/Bynum/Mihm
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject:

B_P wrote:
Well, while I'm not a Ron-Ron fan, I am a fan of defense and defensive toughness.
I like "warriors."
You win with warriors.

That's why I'm a fan of the Fisher re-signing.
He's a WARRIOR.
No, hes a WARIER!

See?

B_P wrote:
Can we trust Ron-Ron?
Open Letter to Ron Artest, From Little Billy:

Ron Ron, it’s about time
Quote:
Tell me, who would miss Ron Artest if ever he DID retire at the end of the 2007 NBA Basketball season? Well, I won’t. And yep, his teammate Mike Bibby won’t miss him as well.

As of press time, the moron named Ron Artest is not confirming nor denying whether he wants to retire or not but rumor has it that he has already told the Sacramento Kings that he wants to retire at the end of the season to spend more time with his family.

It was ‘’Big Nasty,'’ Corliss Williamson, who confirmed that Ron Artest told them he wants to retire. Apparently, Ron Ron sent text messages to several of their teammates saying that he wants to call it quits as far as NBA Basketball is concerned.
Quote:
What does Ron Artest have to say about the situation? ‘’If I think I want to retire, it doesn’t make me crazy. What’s so crazy about being home with your family? I don’t see anything so crazy about that. If people think that’s crazy, maybe they don’t know what it’s like to…'’
Moping RonRon

ONE-ON-ONE WITH … RON ARTEST (Warning: contains profanity, and a link to RonRon rappin')

Ron-Ron's World.
Quote:
As the season comes up, so to does the release of Ron-Ron's rap album, "My World." In fact, the release date for "My World" is October 31. The opening game of the NBA season for the Kings is, um, November 1 in Minnesota.
Quote:
The promotional tour for the record looks like it will hit several cities. No word if Sacramento is included. This will assumedly happen in the preseason and the beginning of the regular season, though no dates are given.

ComputerBlue
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject:

It will be Kwame and Farmar for Artest.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject:

Aren't there already have enough wacko entertainers in L.A.? Jeez, save some of the crazies for the rest of the country.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject:

There's always the typical Kwame for Artest proposal, but maybe some other scenarios are possible?

Radman + Rights to Gasol + Farmar for Artest could be one...
Ko8e8ryant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject:

ComputerBlue wrote:
It will be Kwame and Farmar for Artest.

I would do it...worth the risk IMO
JasonPR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject:

With Luke resigned and VRad healthy, I doubt we go after Artest....Though I would trade Kwame and Farmer for Artest no questions asked.
PrplReign
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject:

infidel wrote:

Fisher
Kobe
Artest
Lamar
J. Oneil

Who plays center on that team? Jermaine O'Neal is not a center.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject:

PrplReign wrote:
infidel wrote:

Fisher
Kobe
Artest
Lamar
J. Oneil

Who plays center on that team? Jermaine O'Neal is not a center.
Well, Lamar isn't your prototypiocal PF either. Not to worry, that lineup is practically impossible to assemble anyway.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: