NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2614, 2615, 2616 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 11:50 am    Post subject:

I would not be shocked if he goes to the Nets. They'll offer everything except Mikal. They also have TONS picks, courtesy of the KD trade, while we have literal scraps. Total delusion to think they'll take any package that features JHS or Rui. Reaves would have to be the starting point in any trade.

Blame the Suns for giving them everything for Durant. Incompetence at every level.

Quote:
Mikal Bridges
Cameron Johnson
Juan Pablo Vaulet
2023 first-round pick (from Phoenix)
2025 first-round pick (from Phoenix)
2027 first-round pick (from Phoenix)
2028 first-round pick swap (from Phoenix)
2028 second-round pick (from Milwaukee)
2029 first-round pick (from Phoenix
2029 second-round pick (from Milwaukee)

Last edited by Denny_Russo on Wed May 15, 2024 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 11:51 am    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
Mitchell over Trae Young any day.

Easily. I don't want Trae on our team at all.

I want no parts of Trae for sure. But the Lakers haven’t won a single game with Mitchell, yet the starters…once put together in Feb/Mar/Apr…won at a rate that would have translated to the #1 seed in the west. And they did so playing against the top teams in the league during that win rate time period. Sure, I want an upgrade because a ship is the goal and the Lakers failed at that but the ability to beat top competition seems to be an underrated ability to build on.

It shouldn’t be ignored that this core beat a lot of good teams and won a lot of games. The plan should be to sustain the current results then build on it instead of starting over with another unproven core. Westbrook averaged 22/11/11 before coming to the Lakers yet it didn’t translate to a better win rate. I get that Mitchell is better but the same concept applies. Don’t abandon what works as a team for an unproven collection of players.

AD/Rui/LBJ/AR/Dlo, even on paper, looks better than AD/LBJ/Mitchell/+vetmin role players. In fact…again an upgrade is desired to build on…it can be argued reasonably that this team…as is…with better coaching plus better luck with injures could have competed for a ship THIS YEAR. Vando/Wood as healthy parts of the rotation beats Denver proving better defense on MPJ (Vando) and limited 2nd chance points (Wood). The Lakers led Denver 75% of the minutes and at halftime of every game with 3 reserves consistently scoring ZERO, (Hayes/Dinwiddie/Vincent).

Is it too far fetched of an imagination to conceive what would be accomplished if this core received bench support, better coaching and a slight upgrade vs risking a complete overhaul? Especially since the overhaul failed several years in a row? Learn for mistakes, add a back up C, a back up G, perhaps upgrade one of Dlo/AR/Rui, but no more, then run this darn thing back!

Yeah, I'm not in favor of going the 3 star route in general. I want us to add size and rebounding help. If we had to though, I'd much prefer DM over Trae.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 11:52 am    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
DeMar DeRozan is open to playing for the Lakers.

“You can't never say no about playing home...Time will tell, we'll see where the cards fall.”

https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1790823647134863511

🖕
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 11:54 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
ocho wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:
If we rolled out the season with

AD, Bron, Mitchell, and Dlo... that is some serious firepower

If they get Mitchell I have a hard time seeing them pony up for DLo.

If they lose Rui,AR and DLo, then there's no point to acquire Mitchell.

On the other hand, if they kept Dlo and acquired Mitchell, I could see them doing something assuming Bron doesn't fall off a cliff next year.

there is a point, it is much easier to rebuild around Mitchell and AD than AR/RUI/AD.

Not if Bron is absorbing salary for four more years.

Mitchell is clearly better than any of those players.

But I don't think he's better than all three and three picks.

If we keep DLo and trade for Mitchell... I can at least see some light at the end of the tunnel.

If we lose DLo to free agency, trade away AR/Rui and three firsts.

I think it's too much.

if your argument is based on Lebron playing 4 more years, then we are not going anywhere with this.
AR is 25, Rui is 26, Mitchell is 27. i don't even think the Cavs would insist on Rui, i sure hope they can keep DLO, but that's up to Jeanie's tax absorbing ability (pretty low). MItchell is a super star, a level neither AR nor Rui will reach, last i checked, 27 year old super stars are pretty pricey. it's much eaiser to build around him than AR and RUI

It's the same principle as the AD trade.

Obviously AD was superior to the individual pieces but boy we sure could have used either Ingram or Hart against Denver.

Imagine had we waited until the next year.

The reason we could still win the bubble title is because we got the last good year out of both Rondo and Dwight at minimum salaries.

For us to lose all those players and win with AD/Bron/Spida we'd need to find two Hall of Fame talents at minimum salary again.

I like Mitchell. He's better than DLo or Reaves... but if we lose almost every supporting player and Bron of course will continue to get older, we will have mortgaged our future and will basically just have AD and Mitchell with a bunch of minimum garbage.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 11:56 am    Post subject:

We need a more balanced team and you all want to go full Suns?

mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 12:01 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
ocho wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:
If we rolled out the season with

AD, Bron, Mitchell, and Dlo... that is some serious firepower

If they get Mitchell I have a hard time seeing them pony up for DLo.

If they lose Rui,AR and DLo, then there's no point to acquire Mitchell.

On the other hand, if they kept Dlo and acquired Mitchell, I could see them doing something assuming Bron doesn't fall off a cliff next year.

there is a point, it is much easier to rebuild around Mitchell and AD than AR/RUI/AD.

Not if Bron is absorbing salary for four more years.

Mitchell is clearly better than any of those players.

But I don't think he's better than all three and three picks.

If we keep DLo and trade for Mitchell... I can at least see some light at the end of the tunnel.

If we lose DLo to free agency, trade away AR/Rui and three firsts.

I think it's too much.

if your argument is based on Lebron playing 4 more years, then we are not going anywhere with this.
AR is 25, Rui is 26, Mitchell is 27. i don't even think the Cavs would insist on Rui, i sure hope they can keep DLO, but that's up to Jeanie's tax absorbing ability (pretty low). MItchell is a super star, a level neither AR nor Rui will reach, last i checked, 27 year old super stars are pretty pricey. it's much eaiser to build around him than AR and RUI

It's the same principle as the AD trade.

Obviously AD was superior to the individual pieces but boy we sure could have used either Ingram or Hart against Denver.

Imagine had we waited until the next year.

The reason we could still win the bubble title is because we got the last good year out of both Rondo and Dwight at minimum salaries.

For us to lose all those players and win with AD/Bron/Spida we'd need to find two Hall of Fame talents at minimum salary again.

I like Mitchell. He's better than DLo or Reaves... but if we lose almost every supporting player and Bron of course will continue to get older, we will have mortgaged our future and will basically just have AD and Mitchell with a bunch of minimum garbage.

correction- AD IS still superior to the individual pieces, and quality > quantity in NBA.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 12:02 pm    Post subject:

1. AD
2. LeBron
3. Mitchell
4. Dlo
5. Vando
6. Vincent
7. Prince
8. Wood
9. Christie
10. Goga/Drummond/Eubanks/Theis/Plumlee (VM big)
11. M.Lewis
12. VM Wing (Covington, Reddish, Okogie, Craig)
13. VM Guard (Dunn, Delon Wright, Holiday, Dennis Smith, GP2, Fultz, E.Gordon, Dinwiddie)

Bench could be solid if Vincent/Wood regress back to what they were year prior.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 12:34 pm    Post subject:

DLO + for DeRozan and Caruso would be a solid move but I think DeRozan is gonna go back to the Spurs
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
DLO + for DeRozan and Caruso would be a solid move but I think DeRozan is gonna go back to the Spurs

Try to keep in mind that DeRozan would hard cap us, and the hard cap # comes in well below the second apron. In other words, we can't afford to pay him market value in free agency, nor any other potential free agent who is worth anything above the MLE.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 12:51 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:
2nd Apron - 189.486M

LeBron - 51.4
AD - 43.2
Mitchell - 35.4
Gabe - 11
Vando - 10.7
Wood - 3
Hayes - 2.4
Cam - 2.4
Maxwell - 1.89
------------------>161.39M

25.096M left

Christie - 5.2
Vet Min - 1.1 (undrafted rookie)
----------------->7.4M

17.696M left

Dlo - ???
Prince - ???

Yeah, basically impossible to keep both Dlo and Prince at this point.

i hope they send out Gabe and Vando in any trade packages instead of Rui, and find a way to keep DLO and Prince, not saying keeping DLO because it makes us a better team, but keeping him so we have another trade chip.

You absolutely do not want to keep Rui with a team of 3 offensive powerhouses - you do not need a 4th, you need guys who can actually defend and Rui is one of the dumbest defenders in the league.

ok, Mitchell is one of the highest rated defenders in the league(maybe stats overated him a bit), but he is 2 way. AD and LBJ are also 2 way players. Mitchell will be playing very high minutes, so we don't really need a 11mil backup. Vando is a blackhole on offense, so it comes down to "do you prefer a guy who gets lost on defense sometimes but can score via a guy who is a blackhole on offense all the time but can defend?"

Almost every good team has 1 or 2 players that are offensive liabilities but can get theirs through hustle or being in the right spot or maybe a corner 3 type of player - (see Jaden McDaniels, Josh Giddey, Aaron Gordon and to some extent KCP). Gabe and Vando fit their roles perfectly.

Defend, rebound, be a grinder supporting your 3 stars.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Spurs have ‘little interest’ in acquiring Trae Young, per @JakeLFischer

“According to multiple league figures with knowledge of the situation, any Spurs plans of maneuvering to bring Young to San Antonio have been vastly overstated. The Spurs, sources said, have expressed little interest in obtaining Young to date.”

(Via http://yhoo.it/3QKuXIA)
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 1:57 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
1. AD
2. LeBron
3. Mitchell
4. Dlo
5. Vando
6. Vincent
7. Prince
8. Wood
9. Christie
10. Goga/Drummond/Eubanks/Theis/Plumlee (VM big)
11. M.Lewis
12. VM Wing (Covington, Reddish, Okogie, Craig)
13. VM Guard (Dunn, Delon Wright, Holiday, Dennis Smith, GP2, Fultz, E.Gordon, Dinwiddie)

Bench could be solid if Vincent/Wood regress back to what they were year prior.

Can’t switch out AR/Rui, the core won too many games against top competition. Only upgrading one of Dlo/AR/Rui makes sense based on how they performed together.

- The ship team was switched out;
Ended the season worse by losing in the 1st round

- The post ship team was switched out (Drummond/Schroeder 1st time);
Ended the season worse falling out making even the of play-in

-The 2nd Westbrook year had a switched out team;
Played worse performing below the play-in all year before trade deadline

-The trade deadline starters switched out;
The team was worse than trade deadline starters, played below play-in all year until the coach played trade deadline starters

The evidence is clear, switching out the team every year HAS NOT WORKED.
If unwilling to bring all back then upgrade no more than one of Dlo/AR/Rui, (not just a possible upgrade either, only for a clear upgrade on all levels of play or stick with who we have), add a big legitimate C and another legitimate guard, then roll with a better coach. That plan takes advantage of what has been proven.

You don’t switch out what has been successfully demonstrated this much on the court for something different conceptually on paper that only looks marginally better especially when you have to send out other resources to do it. Dlo/AR/LBJ/Rui/AD demonstrated the type of success where it can be conceived that better coaching or better health could have possibly been the only missing link. Just with better health luck…Vando defending MPJ, Wood getting rebounds limiting 2nd chance points…it looks like the Lakers would be competing for a ship this year with THIS TEAM. Finally, add a back up C plus a back up G with an upgraded coach, allowing to team to play together more for familiarity/chemistry is better odds of title contention. Recent history seems to show it.

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Wed May 15, 2024 2:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
The Spurs have ‘little interest’ in acquiring Trae Young, per @JakeLFischer

“According to multiple league figures with knowledge of the situation, any Spurs plans of maneuvering to bring Young to San Antonio have been vastly overstated. The Spurs, sources said, have expressed little interest in obtaining Young to date.”

(Via http://yhoo.it/3QKuXIA)

They want Chris Paul, they value his steady presence over Trae’s elite offensive talent
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 2:27 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:
panamaniac wrote:

I want no parts of Trae for sure. But the Lakers haven’t won a single game with Mitchell, yet the starters…once put together in Feb/Mar/Apr…won at a rate that would have translated to the #1 seed in the west. And they did so playing against the top teams in the league during that win rate time period. Sure, I want an upgrade because a ship is the goal and the Lakers failed at that but the ability to beat top competition seems to be an underrated ability to build on.

It shouldn’t be ignored that this core beat a lot of good teams and won a lot of games. The plan should be to sustain the current results then build on it instead of starting over with another unproven core. Westbrook averaged 22/11/11 before coming to the Lakers yet it didn’t translate to a better win rate. I get that Mitchell is better but the same concept applies. Don’t abandon what works as a team for an unproven collection of players.

AD/Rui/LBJ/AR/Dlo, even on paper, looks better than AD/LBJ/Mitchell/+vetmin role players. In fact…again an upgrade is desired to build on…it can be argued reasonably that this team…as is…with better coaching plus better luck with injures could have competed for a ship THIS YEAR. Vando/Wood as healthy parts of the rotation beats Denver proving better defense on MPJ (Vando) and limited 2nd chance points (Wood). The Lakers led Denver 75% of the minutes and at halftime of every game with 3 reserves consistently scoring ZERO, (Hayes/Dinwiddie/Vincent).

Is it too far fetched of an imagination to conceive what would be accomplished if this core received bench support, better coaching and a slight upgrade vs risking a complete overhaul? Especially since the overhaul failed several years in a row? Learn for mistakes, add a back up C, a back up G, perhaps upgrade one of Dlo/AR/Rui, but no more, then run this darn thing back!

X1000000 this

But Nooooooooo we need more shiny toys!! Eventhough the CBA has told us dont try it..What does the other teams and the CBA know anyway?.PHX current situation in Purgatory for the next 5 years is just a exception compared to us..because WE KNOW WHAT WE DOING...looking at the WB trade...
Its a little different. Donavan Mitchell is 27 and you're getting him in his prime. Not at 35 lol
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Itsowheeze wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:
panamaniac wrote:

X1000000 this

But Nooooooooo we need more shiny toys!! Eventhough the CBA has told us dont try it..What does the other teams and the CBA know anyway?.PHX current situation in Purgatory for the next 5 years is just a exception compared to us..because WE KNOW WHAT WE DOING...looking at the WB trade...
Its a little different. Donavan Mitchell is 27 and you're getting him in his prime. Not at 35 lol

And he's not making max-star money next year, either. Michael Porter Jr. will be making more money next season. Yeah, Mitchell will be in line for a significant bump in pay in '25-26, but you deal with that when it comes, especially when LeBron is literally year-to-year at this point.
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 2:37 pm    Post subject:

TBH I think we need to revisit a myles turner trade. We get bigger and add three point shooting. Its a much better fit than Donovan Mitchell
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 2:41 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Try to keep in mind that DeRozan would hard cap us, and the hard cap # comes in well below the second apron. In other words, we can't afford to pay him market value in free agency, nor any other potential free agent who is worth anything above the MLE.

Similar situation back in 2021... Any sign and trade will hard cap this team.

But there's people that keep insisting that we just didn't want him including Magic.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Good gravy. I'm convinced some people actually get attached to players.

Rui/DLo/AR aren't even at the same level as MPJ/Gordon. The Nuggets' supporting cast vastly outplaying the Lakers' was the biggest reason they won.

AR/Rui for Mitchell isn't even losing much depth. It's 2 for 1. It isn't losing defense because neither of those 2 guys even defend.

Mitchell legitimately produced more than those guys combined in the playoffs. And when you talk about the effect he has on an entire offense, forget about it. It's more than just adding PPG together.

Why are we talking about 1 part of the season? They finished in the play-in YET again with this core. Why does only the best part of the season count? That's weird logic.

The season tanked when AR/D'Lo struggled early in the season. As good as their season numbers looked, the Lakers need someone who isn't going to have those slumps.

This was a play-in team that nearly got swept in the 1st round despite LeBron and AD playing like superstars all season and in the playoffs. Most of other players were healthy all season too.

You can make a lot of teams look good if you only focus on the best parts. It's an 82 game season plus playoffs. They didn't look good for big chunks of that.

Last edited by Japago on Wed May 15, 2024 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Itsowheeze wrote:
TBH I think we need to revisit a myles turner trade. We get bigger and add three point shooting. Its a much better fit than Donovan Mitchell

Putting aside that Herb Simon and Kevin Pritchard would rather murder their own children over potentially helping the Lakers in a trade, why would Indiana trade Turner to anyone right now? They appear to be an ascending team that, if anything, is going to try to add to their talent pool this offseason. I realize that he'll be an expiring, but I find an extension to be far more likely than trading him away.
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Man i really do not want to give up Reaves. Any possible way we can get Mitch without giving up Reaves?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 2:53 pm    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:
2nd Apron - 189.486M

LeBron - 51.4
AD - 43.2
Mitchell - 35.4
Gabe - 11
Vando - 10.7
Wood - 3
Hayes - 2.4
Cam - 2.4
Maxwell - 1.89
------------------>161.39M

25.096M left

Christie - 5.2
----------------->7.4M

17.696M left

Dlo - ???
Prince - ???

Yeah, basically impossible to keep both Dlo and Prince at this point. Basically impossible to keep Dlo too IMO. You'd have to sacrifice Christie AND Prince as well as ask LeBron for a haircut. Of course, we could go above the 2nd apron.

Prince, Jonas, CP3 for the remaining
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 2:56 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
Man i really do not want to give up Reaves. Any possible way we can get Mitch without giving up Reaves?

I just don't see how that's possible. The Cavs can probably find another offer that consists of 3 FRP and salary filler. All of our other players would be salary filler, as none of them have positive contract value with the possible exception of JHS, and even he is considered to be a project so it's not like he's an amazing asset. Reaves would be the proverbial ace in the hole as a good player on an extremely team-friendly contract. The Lakers have already leaked that they would only move him for a perennial All-Star type. Mitchell fits that bill. Dejounte Murray certainly does not. I suppose Trae Young fits that, however he's not as good as Mitchell is, and he's also more expensive (meaning we'd have to trade away at least 1 more player to get him, compromising the depth we have).
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
Good gravy. I'm convinced some people actually get attached to players.

Rui/DLo/AR aren't even at the same level as MPJ/Gordon. The Nuggets' supporting cast vastly outplaying the Lakers' was the biggest reason they won.

AR/Rui for Mitchell isn't even losing much depth. It's 2 for 1. It isn't losing defense because neither of those 2 guys even defend.

Mitchell legitimately produced more than those guys combined in the playoffs. And when you talk about the effect he has on an entire offense, forget about it. It's more than just adding PPG together.

Why are we talking about 1 part of the season? They finished in the play-in YET again with this core. Why does only the best part of the season count? That's weird logic.

The season tanked when AR/D'Lo struggled early in the season. As good as their season numbers looked, the Lakers need someone who isn't going to have those slumps.

This was a play-in team that nearly got swept in the 1st round despite LeBron and AD playing like superstars all season and in the playoffs. Most of other players were healthy all season too.

You can make a lot of teams look good if you only focus on the best parts. It's an 82 game season plus playoffs. They didn't look good for big chunks of that.

You asked a question “why only part of the season is counted” that you should either already know the answer too so just trolling or you are just too uniformed to trust your opinion as valid if you don’t know the answer.

The coach started inferior line ups earlier and the part when he started the best players is completely different than the part when the coach played inferior players more minutes.

Winning games on the court with a team of players is an underrated concept many are underestimating by favoring winning on paper with a collection of players on a team over actually winning in reality against real teams with a team of players. The success should not be over looked or the Lakers will end up like that have for the past 4 years, which is switching out a team for players that result in a downgraded result.
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 3:12 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
logical24 wrote:

I just don't see how that's possible. The Cavs can probably find another offer that consists of 3 FRP and salary filler. All of our other players would be salary filler, as none of them have positive contract value with the possible exception of JHS, and even he is considered to be a project so it's not like he's an amazing asset. Reaves would be the proverbial ace in the hole as a good player on an extremely team-friendly contract. The Lakers have already leaked that they would only move him for a perennial All-Star type. Mitchell fits that bill. Dejounte Murray certainly does not. I suppose Trae Young fits that, however he's not as good as Mitchell is, and he's also more expensive (meaning we'd have to trade away at least 1 more player to get him, compromising the depth we have).

What if DLO opts in? Could we do DLO/Rui for Mitch while keeping Reaves?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 3:19 pm    Post subject:

So Mitchell is making $35M, Rui/AR/JHS are making about $33M. We're at $178M without Prince, Christie, Dinwiddie, which includes Russell's player option which he might decline. The second apron is $190M -- iiuc that's a hard cap?

Let's assume a Rui/AR/JHS + picks package works for Mitchell. The Lakers would have:
AD, LeBron, Mitchell
Vincent, Vanderbilt
Wood, Hayes, Reddish

If Russell opts out they could either re-sign him, or re-sign Prince + Christie right? Is Dinwiddie gonna make anything or will he return for cheap?

Mitchell/ Christie/ Vanderbilt/ James/ Davis
Vincent/ Reddish or vet min/ Prince/ vet min/ Wood or Hayes

It's not a perfect roster but it strikes me as significantly better than this year's, even though we're basically trading Russell/ Reaves/ Rui for Mitchell? I think more minutes to offensively limited guys like Christie and Vanderbilt in order to have a major upgrade at the guard slot seems like a worthwhile tradeoff. Having Gabe & Taurean on the bench gives you two legitimate bench players (assuming Gabe gets back his form especially as he gets more primary ballhandler reps) and really means in the playoffs we're just missing a big for a solid 8 man rotation
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2614, 2615, 2616 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 2615 of 2680
Jump to: