NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2624, 2625, 2626 ... 2686, 2687, 2688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 8:38 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I may be looking at things in the wrong way, but I think we really need DLO to opt. He is a weird guy who nobody can put their finger on his thinking.

I agree fam What’s best for the Lakers is for DLo opting in to be used as immediate trade fodder (which I hope we do) or keeper till he gets sonned in a trade to be made later.

Like the dude said, he’s got all the leverage now. He can walk for nothing or make sure his new annual/destination is just right in a S&t scenario. But he’s in control of his agency now…unlike when we had all the control post Dec 15 ‘23 and leading up to the Feb 8 ‘24 trade deadline this past season.

Hopefully we are the father and dude doesn’t end up sonning us 😜
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 8:42 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
I may be looking at things in the wrong way, but I think we really need DLO to opt. He is a weird guy who nobody can put their finger on his thinking.

I agree fam What’s best for the Lakers is for DLo opting in to be used as immediate trade fodder (which I hope we do) or keeper till he gets sonned in a trade to be made later.

Like the dude said, he’s got all the leverage now. He can walk for nothing or make sure his new annual/destination is just right in a S&t scenario. But he’s in control of his agency now…unlike when we had all the control post Dec 15 ‘23 and leading up to the Feb 8 ‘24 trade deadline this past season.

Thanks V. I just have a feeling he is going to stick it to us.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 8:45 am    Post subject:

Yama wrote:
seems like mitchell is staying in clevland and garland will be the one traded. makes sense since cle can offer mitchell the most money

I always thought it was between Cleveland and the Knicks for Mitchell. With the West the way it is right now his best course of action probably is to resign with Cleveland long term and then see how things go and demand a trade in two years or so. He'll still only be 29.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 8:46 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Thanks V. I just have a feeling he is going to stick it to us.

Why would he do something like thaaaaat? ........pfffft
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 9:02 am    Post subject:

I don't want Garland for what it would take to match salary, he wouldn't offset the cost. We can be involved in a 3 team trade sending Cavs players like AR, Rui, Gabe, and we get routed some other star type player.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 9:35 am    Post subject:

Garland is a nice piece to have but not if you are trying to capitalize on LeBron’s window. so I’m confident we will not get Garland unless it’s for a bigger move involving LeBron
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 9:51 am    Post subject:

Darius Garland and Trae Young are the same players. I'd rather focus on Lauri Markkanen if we miss out on Mitchell...
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 10:19 am    Post subject:

Spyda is most likely pipe and is dude even ready for big market media like LA or NY?

https://x.com/spidadmitchell/status/1791168487978586457

Miami seems like the most practical fit for dude.

Garland is the new Trae rumor and other than being a Klutch klient, dude shouldn’t be linked to us if we are truly sincere in founding the best mate to pair AD with. Does Garland have a-D in his game that AD can really F with? I don’t follow Darius & Cleveland like that, but I’m not eager to really find out.

So what other option is there from Bron’s hometown?

Quote:
The Cleveland Cavaliers could reportedly look into moving center Jarrett Allen this offseason amid rumors and speculation regarding Donovan Mitchell’s future with the franchise. ESPN’s Brian Windhorst reported the following on Friday’s episode of the Hoop Collective: “I would just say that while there’s an extreme interest and excitement probably from certain fanbases to go to the trade machine and work out Donovan Mitchell trades—and maybe those will be needed in a month, we’ll see—I would think the Cavs are going to be spending more time in this next month looking at possible Jarrett Allen trades and what that can bring.” – via Bleacher Report

We know he brings it on D, but can dude shoot a 3ball from time to time? Asking four a friend? 😜

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Fri May 17, 2024 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 10:21 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The San Antonio Spurs are the favorites to land Darius Garland if Cleveland decides to part ways with him, per @BovadaOfficial

San Antonio Spurs: +325
LA Lakers: +600
New Orleans Pelicans: +950
Utah Jazz: +950
Philadelphia 76ers: +950
Minnesota Timberwolves: +950
Orlando Magic: +950

(Via http://bit.ly/3SNIEqD)
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 10:22 am    Post subject:

Nah, Allen isn't AD's spacing partner. Unless AD starts shooting the 3, that's a waste of assets. It's like Gobert but worse defense and if KAT couldn't shoot.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 10:25 am    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
The San Antonio Spurs are the favorites to land Darius Garland if Cleveland decides to part ways with him, per @BovadaOfficial

San Antonio Spurs: +325
LA Lakers: +600
New Orleans Pelicans: +950
Utah Jazz: +950
Philadelphia 76ers: +950
Minnesota Timberwolves: +950
Orlando Magic: +950

(Via http://bit.ly/3SNIEqD)

Garland makes a lot more sense if you are building towards something so the Spurs landing him makes a lot of sense, they could still sign CP3 or DeRozan to round out there roster
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 10:29 am    Post subject:

^Levon…😞 I tried Browdie…there just isn’t that many nearly perfect pairings. Hopefully Pritchard has gotten over that gut punch by now. Gawd willing, revisiting those talks has us closer to the 1yd line rather than the myles apart it looks to be for us now in scoring that type of deal.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 10:34 am    Post subject:

I think Dlo walks out of spite but we will see
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 10:34 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
^Levon…😞 I tried Browdie…there just isn’t that many nearly perfect pairings. Hopefully Pritchard has gotten over that gut punch by now. Gawd willing, revisiting those talks has us closer to the 1yd line rather than the myles apart it looks to be for us now in scoring that type of deal.

The guy we should should aim to get is Lauri, I don’t see the Pacers shaking things up, there close to being a really good team
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 10:37 am    Post subject:

^Yea we know Bron likes him too…but how’s his D look? Anything to hang our hat on or are we talking limp biscuits? 😬

Interesting thing about Utah is that we know Ainge has targeted Bronny holding that 32nd pick in the 2nd round. Now it could be posturing, but maybe dude doesn't mind swapping the 32nd for our 55th as long as he gets all the picks from us in a Markennen trade. He was angling for our picks last year and didn't get it in the THT deal (Rob surprised me on that one), but did end up getting just 1 in the DLo trade later that year. However it was top 4 protected, so methinks he is gonna try to get that '29 and '31 from us as well as easing up off that top 4 protection for out '27 pick that they now own.

Going back to '22/'23 season stats, Lauri did show some promise defensively. But I"m not sure if his effort on that end continued or not, cause they stopped updating that metric. I miss that dRAPTOR rating…are there any other decently reliable defensive metrics to base our opinions on?

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Fri May 17, 2024 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 10:38 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

I mean, the Pacers can still make the conference finals, so I don't think they're eager to trade Myles. But that contract is interesting. Do you think they can and should extend him with Siakam in tow?
jb2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 10:39 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:

Ham is gone, his teammates have always supported him, and opting/signing back, or working a S&T, allows him to maintain his bird rights.

Why cut off your nose to spite your face?
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 10:47 am    Post subject:

^Levon: Absolutely not! Dude is trash and should have been traded instead of Sabonis! It’d be boneheaded of Kevin to give him another bag. They should trade him without any hesitation. But that’s just my unbiased opinion

Seeing how they are in the thick of things for this postseason, I do think they reup on Spicy P and see if they can wing another postseason run out of it next year. They probably do the same with Myles. Pritchard has shown patience in the past by creating cap to offer Ayton, only to have the Suns match and still stand by Myles, only to then extend him with that cap space. So I hope Myles still feels a certain way about how all that went down, but I doubt Indy is actively trying to trade dude and if they consider it, it will only be after they are convinced Siakam & Turner don’t work…which would be after they lock those dudes up to deals they know they can move later.

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Fri May 17, 2024 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 10:48 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
defense wrote:

Ham is gone, his teammates have always supported him, and opting/signing back, or working a S&T, allows him to maintain his bird rights.

Maybe I'm making something of nothing, but Lebron and him don't seem to see eye to eye. I'm pretty sure he can get around 17 million from another team somewhere or at least a long term contract.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 11:00 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
2019 wrote:
defense wrote:

Maybe I'm making something of nothing, but Lebron and him don't seem to see eye to eye. I'm pretty sure he can get around 17 million from another team somewhere or at least a long term contract.

I say 13m per for multiple years
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 11:02 am    Post subject:

Dan Woike linking Brandon Ingram and Zach LaVine to the Lakers as potential trade targets this summer
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 11:03 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dan Woike linking Brandon Ingram and Zach LaVine to the Lakers as potential trade targets this summer

lol. horrible.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 11:20 am    Post subject:

get DJM if we're talking about players like Garland.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 11:22 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

lol. horrible.

Yeah those names aren’t gonna excite the fan base but maybe they come here and prove the fans wrong, he also linked Trae Young to the Lakers and that seems like the likely big move we make this summer
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 11:32 am    Post subject:

Cam Johnson for DLo?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2624, 2625, 2626 ... 2686, 2687, 2688  Next
Page 2625 of 2688
Jump to: