NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2645, 2646, 2647 ... 2687, 2688, 2689  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope could earn around $20 million annually as an unrestricted free agent.

Caldwell-Pope’s championship experience will be coveted by contenders, but also teams looking to take the next step towards playoff contention.

Keep an eye on the Sixers, Spurs and Magic as potential suitors for KCP.

The Nuggets would like to re-sign Caldwell-Pope, but their tax bill projected into the second apron could force their hand.

https://x.com/esidery/status/1794156640544977366

Need some team to take KCP from cocky Denver.
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 4:20 pm    Post subject:

My dream would be:

Revisit that Nets/Lakers/Hawks trade

LA get DJM

Nets DLO

Hawks Picks/Salary Filler

Rui/JHS/1st for Jarret Allen

Drummond/CP3 vet min

DJM/Vincent/CP3
Reaves/Christie/Reddish
LeBron/Vando/Prince
AD/Wood
Allen/Drummond
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
Quote:
Report: NBA sources unsure who would be willing to pay D’Angelo Russell if Magic aren’t

My money's on DLo reupping and getting traded. He's a 15m per year player and at that rate the Magic might as well prioritize Klay and KCP.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
ESPN Sources: After engaging in contract extension discussions, the Sacramento Kings and coach Mike Brown have tabled talks. There remains a gulf on a potential deal for Brown, who has one guaranteed season left on his contract.

https://x.com/wojespn/status/1794166827633070401
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 4:54 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
My dream would be:

LA get DJM

Nets DLO

Drummond/CP3 vet min

DJM/Vincent/CP3
Reaves/Christie/Reddish
LeBron/Vando/Prince
AD/Wood
Allen/Drummond

I would skip Jarrett Allen and go get Nick Richards from Charlotte.

Rui/jhs/ salary filler for kuzma/type
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 5:44 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
Orlando is not in championship or bust mode. D'lo would elevate them to a higher level in the regular season if nothing else.

That is the type of team that could have interest in DLO, a team looking toward making the playoffs. His playoff performance isn’t as important as his regular season performance.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 5:51 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Quote:
Report: NBA sources unsure who would be willing to pay D’Angelo Russell if Magic aren’t

My money's on DLo reupping and getting traded. He's a 15m per year player and at that rate the Magic might as well prioritize Klay and KCP.

Why dont he then just do 15m at 4 year deal at Orl or Spurs with no sign trade,,then the Lakers can sign a ALL-Star with the tMLE...pffft lol..Im sure you will get one for that amount.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 6:18 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Quote:
“The most recent intel suggests the San Antonio Spurs aren’t interested,” wrote Eric Pincus of Bleacher Report. “If Russell can’t get a viable offer from the Philadelphia 76ers, Detroit Pistons, Charlotte Hornets, Oklahoma City Thunder, Toronto Raptors or Utah Jazz, he’s wholly reliant on the Lakers for his payday. It just takes one, but multiple NBA sources question who would be willing to pay Russell if the Magic aren’t.”

Why dont you want to reply to my quesitions...Like ATL dont want DLO they want ARRRRR and want the Lakers to bend over..you saying thats the right play? ppfftt lol!

Come on and reply..we all waiting to hear that da-lulu..ahhh "logical" response ....lol.

You’re still defending DLO? Tell me what you like about DLO’s game.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Delete

Last edited by fansincemagic on Fri May 24, 2024 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 6:34 pm    Post subject:

DLo's value has to fall into a very specific area for him to be traded for value while not having some cap space team just give him a contract.

He's most likely not going to have trade value from any team(leaving him to sign cheaply with the Lakers or another team), or a cap space team will want to give him a contract.

I personally believe he'll fall into the former category. Nothing's really changed for him from last year. He played better against DEN(still not good), but he also didn't get to have the 2 solid playoff series this time.

Last year, the Rockets gave FVV $40 million rather than entertain signing DLo.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 7:24 pm    Post subject:

I can't for the life of me figure out why some fans hold onto their belief in the Lakers' role players.

They didn't even SCORE as well as these guys currently in the playoffs. If you add in defense, it's a different level.

If the LeBron and AD had the TWolves' supporting cast, they're winning the WCF right now. I firmly believe that.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
ESPN Sources: After engaging in contract extension discussions, the Sacramento Kings and coach Mike Brown have tabled talks. There remains a gulf on a potential deal for Brown, who has one guaranteed season left on his contract.

https://x.com/wojespn/status/1794166827633070401

Detroit screwed the league giving Monty that deal.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 7:27 pm    Post subject:

If Lakers had Lively they would be the ones in the WCF right now.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 7:44 pm    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Quote:
“The most recent intel suggests the San Antonio Spurs aren’t interested,” wrote Eric Pincus of Bleacher Report. “If Russell can’t get a viable offer from the Philadelphia 76ers, Detroit Pistons, Charlotte Hornets, Oklahoma City Thunder, Toronto Raptors or Utah Jazz, he’s wholly reliant on the Lakers for his payday. It just takes one, but multiple NBA sources question who would be willing to pay Russell if the Magic aren’t.”

Why dont you want to reply to my quesitions...Like ATL dont want DLO they want ARRRRR and want the Lakers to bend over..you saying thats the right play? ppfftt lol!

Come on and reply..we all waiting to hear that da-lulu..ahhh "logical" response ....lol.

You’re still defending DLO? Tell me what you like about DLO’s game.

No just trying to get some of you out of dream land..Nobody going to do the Lakers favors especially after this year and last year. People putting DLO in trades on a 1yr deal and when you ask why the team or DLO do it, you get a cricket response...Like come on be real.

DLO holds the 3pt made team record..Help get this team to the playoffs two times and played catch and Shoot which MOST PG DONT WANT TO DO...PG would rather have the ball in their hands and create the offense but we got LEKANG who been ball dominant since his rookie season..lol.

We then go into De-LULU LAND again looking for some All Star PG that just gong to get rid of their style and confirm to THA KANG ISO Ball WHILE STILL PUTTING UP ALL STAR NUMBERS..If thats not enough..YOU HAVE NO BENCH..REALLY? Does that sound like Contending?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 8:52 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
My dream would be:

LA get DJM

Nets DLO

That's most likely the reason why the negotiation between Lakers and Hawks died. They wanted more than fillers in return.

Lakers: Murray
Nets: DLO
Hawks: DFS/Thomas/Gabe/1st

Resign MaxC... Oubre/Drummond/CP3/Wiseman for vet minimum.

AD/Drummond/Wiseman
Lebron/Rui/Wood
Vando/Oubre/MaxL
Reaves/MaxC/Cam
Murray/Cp3/JHS
jb2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 9:09 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
logical24 wrote:
My dream would be:

LA get DJM

Nets DLO

That's most likely the reason why the negotiation between Lakers and Hawks died. They wanted more than fillers in return.

AD/Drummond/Wiseman
Lebron/Rui/Wood
Vando/Oubre/MaxL
Reaves/MaxC/Cam
Murray/Cp3/JHS

Don't hate the approach (keep AR and Rui but add Murray) but this, IMO, feels mostly unrealistic.

Oubre is somewhere between tMLE and full MLE in value. Drummond is probably BAE - tMLE.

Is that an LA first? No way Brooklyn pays the bulk price for us to get Murray. And I can't see Atlanta want 3 small guards - Trae, Cam, Gabe, and Bufkin - all on the same roster.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 9:25 pm    Post subject:

dream scenario is 2 part:

1. Dlo for DFS/Sharpe (Dlo signs for around 20M)

2. Rui/Gabe/JHS and picks, swaps for DJM

Bron - 50M
AD - 43.2
DJM - 25.4
DFS - 14.9
Reaves - 12.9
Vando - 10.7
Prince - 6
Christie - 6
Sharpe - 3.9
Wood - 3
CP3 - 3
Hayes - 2.4
Cam - 2.4
Lewis - 1.8

---> 185.6 (2nd apron is 190M)

AD / Sharpe / Hayes
Bron / Vando / DFS / Wood / Prince / Cam / Lewis
DJM / AR / CP3 / Christie
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 9:31 pm    Post subject:

jb2 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
logical24 wrote:
My dream would be:

LA get DJM

Nets DLO

AD/Drummond/Wiseman
Lebron/Rui/Wood
Vando/Oubre/MaxL
Reaves/MaxC/Cam
Murray/Cp3/JHS

Don't hate the approach (keep AR and Rui but add Murray) but this, IMO, feels mostly unrealistic.

Oubre is somewhere between tMLE and full MLE in value. Drummond is probably BAE - tMLE.

Is that an LA first? No way Brooklyn pays the bulk price for us to get Murray. And I can't see Atlanta want 3 small guards - Trae, Cam, Gabe, and Bufkin - all on the same roster.

Oubre put up better numbers the season before, and he still end up as a vet guy. Drummond is also in the same boat. Usually it's hard for a vet players to get out of that vet contract once your on it, unless you provided major impact on a team.

Yes it's LA first... Hawks do get DFS and Thomas is more of a tweener SG. Gabe can provide that vet back up also. It's also uncertain if Trae stays with the Hawks. That could persuade the Hawks to take a different approach.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 9:54 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
jb2 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
logical24 wrote:
My dream would be:

LA get DJM

Nets DLO

AD/Drummond/Wiseman
Lebron/Rui/Wood
Vando/Oubre/MaxL
Reaves/MaxC/Cam
Murray/Cp3/JHS

Oubre put up better numbers the season before, and he still end up as a vet guy. Drummond is also in the same boat. Usually it's hard for a vet players to get out of that vet contract once your on it, unless you provided major impact on a team.

Yes it's LA first... Hawks do get DFS and Thomas is more of a tweener SG. Gabe can provide that vet back up also. It's also uncertain if Trae stays with the Hawks. That could persuade the Hawks to take a different approach.

I like the plan keeping at least two of the Dlo/AR/Rui trio but the proposal loses the player that set the record for most 3s in the history of the franchise in a season and his 41% from 3pt resulting in downgrading 3pt shooting in the backcourt. It also downgrades the assists/turnover ratio in the backcourt. Murray’s better defense may make up for that but if I were Dlo…don’t know what he thinks…I would be salty for the Lakers not appreciating that and walk for nothing if not included in their plans. I’d go to Orlando even for less money instead of the purgatory of the Nets, especially if it avoids helping the team that didn’t appreciate my production.

I would be shockingly surprised if Dlo agrees to a sign and trade.

I could be wrong but I expect no more than 2 possible scenarios to play out:

1- the Lakers make Dlo a part of their plans at least until Dec 15
Or
2-Dlo walks for nothing

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Fri May 24, 2024 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
jb2 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
logical24 wrote:
My dream would be:

LA get DJM

Nets DLO

AD/Drummond/Wiseman
Lebron/Rui/Wood
Vando/Oubre/MaxL
Reaves/MaxC/Cam
Murray/Cp3/JHS

I like the plan keeping at least two of the Dlo/AR/Rui trio but the proposal loses the player that set the record for most 3s in the history of the franchise in a season and his 41% from 3pt resulting in downgrading 3pt shooting in the backcourt. It also downgrades the assists/turnover ratio in the backcourt. Murray’s better defense may make up for that but if I were Dlo…don’t know what he thinks…I would be salty for the Lakers not appreciating that and walk for nothing if not included in their plans. I’d go to Orlando even for less money instead of the purgatory of the Nets, especially if it avoids helping the team that didn’t appreciate my production.

I would be shockingly surprised if Dlo agrees to a sign and trade.

I could be wrong but I expect no more than 1 of these 2 scenarios to play out:

1- the Lakers make Dlo a part of their plans at least until Dec 15
Or
2-Dlo walks for nothing

DING MF DING...Gee somebody that GETS IT. Check the bold for those reasons i would do you very dirty.

Also do you know why we couldnt get DFS in trade deadline..They asked us to pony up 3 draft picks..for a freaking DFS..smh.

ATL also dont want to really lose DJM. Well i do know the coach wanted him not traded..moreover they paid the Spurs 4 draft picks...and they started with wanting AR...why in the blue would they do a trade and not get all the draft picks and AR?

WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD ANYBODY WANT GABE?

...smh..I really understand more and more why other fans hate us..some Lakers fans stay in de-lulu land...like get out of there and get back to reality..
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 11:01 pm    Post subject:

let the lonzo rumors begin, lol

Bulls' Ball reveals he received rare meniscus transplant from donor

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40212516/bulls-ball-reveals-received-rare-meniscus-transplant-donor
jankobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 11:53 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
logical24 wrote:
My dream would be:

LA get DJM

Nets DLO

Drummond/CP3 vet min

DJM/Vincent/CP3
Reaves/Christie/Reddish
LeBron/Vando/Prince
AD/Wood
Allen/Drummond

Is Kuzma a better fit than Rui? If not, then i would rather stick with Rui or do that package on another 3 & D player.

Im actually OK with retaining the core, add "need pieces". We already Fired the worst coach. Let the core run it back.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 2:00 am    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope could earn around $20 million annually as an unrestricted free agent.

Caldwell-Pope’s championship experience will be coveted by contenders, but also teams looking to take the next step towards playoff contention.

Keep an eye on the Sixers, Spurs and Magic as potential suitors for KCP.

The Nuggets would like to re-sign Caldwell-Pope, but their tax bill projected into the second apron could force their hand.

https://x.com/esidery/status/1794156640544977366

Need some team to take KCP from cocky Denver.

No way KCP gets $20 mill per year. He plays good defense but the dude is good for a couple of donut point games for every 5 games.

KCP has always had a great agent though. KCP has been overpaid his entire career lol.
- sign and trade DLO to not lose value
- sign a coach that’s not an idiot

Call it an offseason
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 6:25 am    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
logical24 wrote:
My dream would be:

LA get DJM

Nets DLO

Drummond/CP3 vet min

DJM/Vincent/CP3
Reaves/Christie/Reddish
LeBron/Vando/Prince
AD/Wood
Allen/Drummond

My dream 🛌 scenario:

Dlo/ Jhs/ first/ seconds / swap to NETS for cam Johnson
Rui/ firsts/gabe to Atlanta for Murray
Somehow get goga from Orlando and jones from Washington

Murray - AR - Bron - Johnson - Davis
Jones - Max - Prince - Vando - Goga
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 6:32 am    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
let the lonzo rumors begin, lol

Bulls' Ball reveals he received rare meniscus transplant from donor

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40212516/bulls-ball-reveals-received-rare-meniscus-transplant-donor

No thanks
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2645, 2646, 2647 ... 2687, 2688, 2689  Next
Page 2646 of 2689
Jump to: