View previous topic :: View next topic  
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Buccaneers release CB Vernon Hargreaves after benching

Quote:
Two days after he was benched for what coach Bruce Arians deemed lack of hustle, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers released starting cornerback Vernon Hargreaves Tuesday morning.

LINK

seems extreme, but Hargreaves was always a poor draft choice. I assume this is more about cap savings than anything else.

Hargreaves has a poison pill of sorts. The fifth year option on most first rounders is prohibitively expensive, and is triggered in the event of injury.

He'll clear waivers, and probably sign with someone like KC.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject:

Do you think Geno calls heads or tails?

https://twitter.com/ComplexSports/status/1194286191950155781
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Do you think Geno calls heads or tails?

https://twitter.com/ComplexSports/status/1194286191950155781

He clearly calls heads IMO. Let's say that he had said tails. When the referee says "heads", he would have had some sort of a reaction. Smith and even Richard Sherman have no reaction whatsoever.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Buccaneers release CB Vernon Hargreaves after benching

Quote:
Two days after he was benched for what coach Bruce Arians deemed lack of hustle, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers released starting cornerback Vernon Hargreaves Tuesday morning.

LINK

seems extreme, but Hargreaves was always a poor draft choice. I assume this is more about cap savings than anything else.

Hargreaves has a poison pill of sorts. The fifth year option on most first rounders is prohibitively expensive, and is triggered in the event of injury.

He'll clear waivers, and probably sign with someone like KC.

It would make sense for Miami to claim him. I know they don't have the #1 waiver priority anymore, but they should probably take a look at a former first round draft pick. Costs them nothing, really.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/12/nfl-moves-packers-49ers-to-sunday-night-football/

Quote:
NFL moves Packers-49ers to Sunday Night Football in Week 12

The Seahawks beat the 49ers on Monday. On Tuesday, the 49ers settled the score. Sort of.

The Week 12 games between Seattle and Philadelphia has been bumped out of primetime for Packers-49ers. The showdown between Green Bay and San Francisco will be played on Sunday Night Football.

The game between the 8-2 Packers and 8-1 49ers was due to be played at 4:25 p.m. ET, at the same time the Cowboys and the Patriots play at Gillette Stadium.

With Seahawks-Eagles moved out of primetime, don’t be surprised if it slides all the way to 1:00 p.m. ET, giving the NFL compelling games in each of the three Sunday windows.

It will be Green Bay’s first California game since a sluggish loss to the Chargers, one that caused quarterback Aaron Rodgers to publicly complain about the things done by players in the 48 hours prior to the game. This time around, the Packers likely will be more dialed in, given the postseason implications of what could be one of the best games of the year.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

The Texans are the team to claim Hargreaves. I guess it makes some sense, given how depleted their secondary is.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Who is your MVP right now? Lamar? Wilson? Mahomes? CMC?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Who is your MVP right now? Lamar? Wilson? Mahomes? CMC?

I'm going with Russell Wilson, with Lamar just behind him.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject:

^^^I agree that Wilson is likely in the lead right now.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Myles Garrett's season should be over.....and if I am the Steelers, I would seek to end his career the next time they share the field.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Crazy ending to the Thursday night game.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Myles Garrett's season should be over.....and if I am the Steelers, I would seek to end his career the next time they share the field.

Steelers players were giving him the ol' beatdown after that.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I recall a kid did that in a high school game that I played in....he was expelled, banned from high school football and actually charged with a crime. It is just one of those rules that you do not do on a field.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Can't say I blame the Steelers players for their reaction....their job is to protect their QB.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Not to excuse it, but Rudolph tried to rip his helmet off first.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

eh, he grabbed the back of it while they were having words because Garrett took him the the ground and held him a little long....anyway, pulling the helmet off is not why Garrett will get a serious suspension, it will be because he used it as a weapon on an unprotected player and made contact. It is bush league to even swing on a player without a helmet if you are wearing a helmet....it is a whole different level to try to bash someones skull with a helmet.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I recall a kid did that in a high school game that I played in....he was expelled, banned from high school football and actually charged with a crime. It is just one of those rules that you do not do on a field.

As it should be. Garrett should be charged with assault.

If Garrett had totally connected with that helmet, Rudolph's life could be over.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

eh, he grabbed the back of it while they were having words because Garrett took him the the ground and held him a little long....anyway, pulling the helmet off is not why Garrett will get a serious suspension, it will be because he used it as a weapon on an unprotected player and made contact. It is bush league to even swing on a player without a helmet if you are wearing a helmet....it is a whole different level to try to bash someones skull with a helmet.

The first thing I thought was Rudolph is just coming off a serious concussion and Garrett hits him in the head with a 5lb helmet.

Suspension without pay for the remainder of the season.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Yup. Totally agree.

But I have seen multiple angles and it’s clear Rudolph tried to pull his helmet off initially. Doesn’t excuse anything that happened after though.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:45 pm    Post subject:

I've never seen anything like that in NFL football. So beyond the pale. Yeah, Rudolph may have committed what amounts to a personal foul penalty, and both guys were scuffling after the sack. Had nothing else happened, it most likely just ends up as offsetting personal foul penalties. Ho-hum, nothing to see here. I gasped when he brandished the helmet and swung down at his head. I got visions of old clips of Juan Marichal going after John Roseboro with a bat. Just dangerous, dangerous stuff.

He has to get suspended for the rest of the year, with the possibility for longer. The NFL should announce he's out for the year and that they may even levy additional discipline into next season. He would be charged with assault if this happened in a parking lot, let's just say, after a game.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:11 am    Post subject:

As a Steelers fan I think they should suspend Mason Rudolph for the rest of the season for his role in the incident. Please.

For the love of god.

please…
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:34 am    Post subject:

So lucky that didn't end worse. Imagine if he'd connected on Rudolph's head with full force, that could have been terrible.

Pretty egregious behaviour from Garrett, he's gonna get a big suspension for that.

Lot of borderline dirty play in that game, but this is just beyond anything anyone could've imagined. What a fool...

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:48 am    Post subject:

Yeah. The first time I saw it, it was a slo mo clip and I thought, damn that wasn’t nice.

Then I watched it in real time. Omg. He swung that helmet so hard he could easily have cracked Rudolph’s skull with it.

I’m still confused as to why he was that mad. They were winning the game, it was all but over.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
He would be charged with assault if this happened in a parking lot, let's just say, after a game.

as I said above, in a high school game a kid on my team was actually charged. If I recall, he was diverted into some juvenile program to eliminate charges....but he was charged. Also, he was an underclassman, and was banned by FHSAA for the remainder of his eligible years.

One slight difference besides it being high school and professional was the high school incident was premeditated. Something happened during the game and he (defensive lineman) did it during the post game lineup and hand shake. I do not even think he made contact with the other kid, but it started a massive brawl. We had a handful of other players suspended for like a game for fighting, but we were shocked when dude got hit with a criminal charge. His parents had to drive him somewhere to get booked (?) and then he was immediately released back to them.

The reason I recall it so well is the whole thing stole my spotlight. I had just intercepted a pass to basically seal the win in a conference game and we did not win many conference games when I was in high school. So i was over on the bench near the cheerleaders looking my coolest soaking up the attention from teammates, cheerleaders and people in the stands. It was one reason I was not involved because when they started the handshake line, I was still on the sideline squeezing the last bit of praise I could from people in the stands. Normally, we would have went out after the game and I would have got tons of attention....got nice coverage in the Orlando paper over the weekend, and a ton of pats on the back when returning to school Monday morning.....but none of that happened because it was all about the brawl, questions about our season getting canceled, the police investigation, etc. It should have been all about my heroic pick to seal the win!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject:

Rudolph’s agent suggesting they may look at bringing charges...

Quote:
"There are many risks an NFL QB assumes with every snap taken on the field," Rudolph's agent, Tim Younger, tweeted in the aftermath of Garrett's attack. "Being hit on your uncovered head by a helmet being swung by a 275 lb DE is not one of them." He added that the matter will be reviewed "thoroughly."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001076964/article/rudolphs-agent-weighs-in-on-myles-garretts-actions
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 29 of 76
Jump to: