***LAKERS -vs- HEAT 12/04 Game Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 70, 71, 72  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grimmz4764
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject:

Wags_16 wrote:
What's the over/under on Wade's drives and dives and how many calls he'll get?

He actually hasn't been getting as many calls this year from what I've seen. This is also coupled with a dip in FG%.
Kobetide
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject:

Can't wait, it is going to be a good friday night. Heading out to Staples on Sunday, so it should be a great weekend.
cinek92
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject:

Kobe vs Wade

It'll be great and really hard game, but absolutely we'll win.

Btw. I'll get up in the night to watch this match
andyliao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Just the Quotes 12-4-2009

The Players:

Kobe Bryant
Quote:
On giving LBJ advice to play with Shaq:
“I clearly know, but I’m not saying nothing. That’s something that I had to do."
“I figured it out. That’s something that [James] needs to do. I won’t give him advice. I won’t give him none. I’ve given him enough already.”

Paul Gasol
Quote:
“There are too many egos in this league. There are guys that think they are too good or this and that. When it comes down to it, it’s a matter of winning and what you can do to help your team win. That’s what it’s all about. If they recognize it, great. But if they don’t recognize it because they don’t see it, if they are more attracted to the flashiness of all the players, that’s fine, too. I’m aware of what I can do and what I do for my team. That’s what really counts.”

Quote:
“It doesn’t matter how much spotlight you get or if you get any spotlight at all as far as being the main guy on one team. If it doesn’t translate to winning, it’s worthless. That’s the bottom line. Here, a lot of things that I used to do what I was in Memphis helped to raise my name and my status as a player. That’s helped the Lakers also be a better team. I don’t miss so much about being the guy.”

Ron Artest
Quote:
"The whole purpose of the testimony was to share problematic times in my life with the youth. There's a lot of kids out there right now that's going through the same things I was going through and they're able to relate."

Quote:
"For kids out there, you've got to watch who you look up to. I had some people I wished I hadn't looked up to. I played with people in street ball. We would go get water and Gatorade and they got Olde E(nglish 800) to re-energize. I don't think I'm one of those role model-type guys or somebody to give advice. (But) I understand I'm in a situation where I have to be a role model. I'm in that situation. It's not something I'm running from. I have to tell people where I've been. I think I'll be more of a role model in the future."

Quote:
"I was slowly cleansing myself in Sacramento, I was 98% cleansed in Houston and now I'm telling you my whole story in L.A."

Quote:
"If it did take any heat off Tiger, I'm kind of happy about that, because he's definitely a good person. I think he's a better person than me. He's definitely still someone to look up to and learn from, especially the youth out there – because there aren't a lot of people to learn from these days, because the media and the sponsorships make you out to be so perfect. So who is there to learn from?"

Quote:
"I like when people are honest. I think it's important in this day and age, trying to be able to tell the truth, what everybody's going through."

Larmar Odom
Quote:
On the easy early home schedule:
"We don't draw up the schedule. When you're playing against teams you feel might be a lesser opponent, we just want to concentrate on doing things just like we do them in practice. We want to play the same way against everybody, and for the last couple of games we've been able to do that."

Shannon Brown
Quote:
On the first time he ever dunked:
"It was going into my freshman year at Tim Hardaway basketball camp. I actually got a steal, was on the break by myself and I went up and I dunked it. It wasn’t a clean flush, but it was good enough to where I knew I could do it. I’d been trying it in gym class my eighth grade year before that summer camp, and it wasn’t working for me. Then I finally got my chance."

Quote:
On his favorite dunk ever:
"I’m a big fan of Michael Jordan, Dominique Wilkins and Vince Carter. They all had amazing dunks that were unbelievable, a whole bunch of ‘em. I can’t even narrow it down because I have a whole bunch running through my head right now."

Luke Walton
Quote:
On returning to full activity too quickly:
"That's the mistake I made last time, we're going to take the full recovery time this time. Hopefully, that will be the end of the back problems."

Q Richardson
Quote:
"The way I look at it, it's like Kobe's the one you don't even have to say his name, everybody just knows he's the toughest cover."

Quote:
"Some people, once they get to a certain level, they kind of die down. It seems like, from everything I hear about [Bryant's] workouts, it seems like he keeps taking it up a level. That's some real stuff that he's doing. It shows in his game as well.''

James Jones
Quote:
"A lot of people say, 'Well, they had a great team last year and they added Artest,' but you have chemistry issues and you have to fight against a letdown. Those guys are champions and they're coming out and playing with an edge, with a chip. They're playing great basketball.''

Jermaine O'Neal
Quote:
"When you're as dedicated as he (Bryant) is, anything is possible, He has a drive that, I think, separates itself from a lot of guys. He just wants to be the greatest ever. He has always been that way. I've known him since sophomore, junior year of high school. His drive is off the meter.''

The Coaches:

Phil Jackson
Quote:
"We're real happy with Ron. He's an exceptional teammate. He's almost too caring and sharing at this point. We have to encourage him to be a little more individualistic at times."

Quote:
"I don't know if this was a daily or game-by-game occurrence or not. I just don't think a player can get away with that kind of thing in the NBA. Someone's going to see you, there's going to be alcohol on your breath. It's just not going to happen on a day-to-day basis. I know Ron said those things and I have to expect that he's speaking the truth, but I still don't know how far that went, if that was a once or twice occurrence."

Erik Spoelstra
Quote:
"I looked at it that you figure at some point, some time, they could get a lineup with two of the 7-footers, Lamar and then Artest and Kobe Bryant. They may be able to hold teams to under 12 points in the quarter. It looks like a great defensive team.''

Last edited by andyliao on Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
andyliao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject:

Not much quotes from Kobe lately, I don't blame him as people are always asking him about Tiger.
However, I never fail to find quotes from Artest.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject:

I just don't see how Miami will be able to hang with the Lakers tonight. Lakers are rested and have had 2 full days off to prepare. Miami is playing there 3rd game in 4 nights and is coming off a beatdown at Denver last night. They probably didn't get to there hotel until 2 am this morning. The double digit streak continues tonight! Go Lakers!
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject:

BobbyJ wrote:
I just don't see how Miami will be able to hang with the Lakers tonight. Lakers are rested and have had 2 full days off to prepare. Miami is playing there 3rd game in 4 nights and is coming off a beatdown at Denver last night. They probably didn't get to there hotel until 2 am this morning. The double digit streak continues tonight! Go Lakers!

refs..
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject:

8 wins in a row.... How long has it been since the Lakers have done this??

I think the well-rested Lakers will do this tonight, beat Phoenix to get to 9 in a row on Sunday, and reach at least 11 before this win streak stops.

Lakers 113
Heat 97
baller99k
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject:

Those are some good Miami ones tho, thanks

Kobe=Jordan (Player-wise, not Legacy-wise)
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject:

Nuggets are playing really well so far and likely challengers for the west. They beat the Heat pretty handily so we should need to do so as well, especially since it's the second game of a back-to-back for the Heat.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject:

can we finally get a win streak longer than 7??

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
8 wins in a row.... How long has it been since the Lakers have done this??

I think the well-rested Lakers will do this tonight, beat Phoenix to get to 9 in a row on Sunday, and reach at least 11 before this win streak stops.

Lakers 113
Heat 97

the season before last. When we acquired Pau, we had a 10 game winning streak.
fadeaway8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject:

I will be at the game tonight!

I hope we kill them, but not by too much cause I don't wanna be bored by half time.

Then whipped the suns arses on sunday too.

Go LAKERS!
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject:

heat players are trying to be nice, hoping the lakers won't roast them, but nah it aint goin work

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
maddprophet
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject:

we can all watch and laugh out loud how indiana wanted both bynum and lamar for sorry ass j.o'neal.......what were they thinking??
Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
the mamba vs powerwade

He works in Florida.....wouldn't that make him GatorWade?
MisterGMB
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers can set an NBA record when they host the Heat on Friday. The Lakers have scored at least 100 points and held their opponent below 100 in each of their past seven games. That equals the longest such streak in NBA history, a mark set by the Bucks in January 2001.
smiles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully another blowout!
ice516tea
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject:

can we all agree on reggie miller knew what he was talking about when he looked at the schedule..let gets this win and continue this streak...
danish87
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject:

friday night ESPN games have been bad luck so far this young season (dallas, denver).... lets dominate on nat'l tv once again!
limchrc
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject:

thanks
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 118

Heat 99
moneymike24
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject:

kobe vs dwade lets see who will have better game tonight
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Miami should be tired from last nights game in Denver. Nuggets blew them out.

Lakers 113

Miami 96
bigballer8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject:

I'm watching the cleveland game and these player are wearing gay ass pink shoes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 4 of 72
Jump to: