Source: Rashard Lewis, Carlos Boozer will be traded to the Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
KobeButler wrote:
To tell you the truth, i can really see us going for Boozer. We did go after him last year. Im sure Utah could use Mihm. If not for him, just for the cap relief. They dont look like their any good with Boozer returning so they could feel they should scrap him. Boozers trade value is at an alltime low. good timing for itch to come in. Im a Mihm fan but Ive always wanted to get Boozer. Hes a consistent scorer and rebounder. He doesnt look too good right now but he should once he gets back to playing some more.

As for Rashard Lewis, thats just too good to be true, so I wont discuss that.

Even if we just get Boozer alone, itll be good for the team.

What about the last 2 years of Boozers career makes you think he will ever get back to form? Any way you cut it, the man is severly overpaid and is an extremely undersized PF, plus the man hasn't been healthy in years. (probably due to the beatings he takes being an undersized PF)

No thanks to Boozer.

Great way to exagerrate man. Years? 2 years? Hes only been out most of the end of last season and begininng of this season. Thats a little less than year to be exact. Is their a reason why I shouldnt think he cant go back to his regualr form?

I agree hes tad bit overpaid but if we can get a solid core to work with, itll be worth it. Kobe + Odom/ or Lewis + Boozer is solid.

Boozer is a consistent rebounder and scorer. Hes also a smart player who Phil would love.

end of last season? 31 games is alot of games to miss, in total the last 2 years so far he's missed 83 games.

no team he's even been on has made the playoffs and seriously, even though he rebounds, you honestly think this guy can play defense against Tim Duncan, KG, Elton Brand, Dirk?

no way no how...you are looking at his stats and ignoring some plain truths, the guy is 6' 8 on a good day, missed 31 games last year, had a full offseason to recover and still couldn't get back before missing 52 games this year.

exagerrating? about boozer? hmm, wonder why Utah wants to move him....
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
yeah, we are crazy cuz we don't like players that have large contracts and have shown no ability to stay healthy...thats just what we need, an undersized PF that is taking up all of our cap room on the IR.

Boozer is NOT injured prone. Hes had one major injury so far. He might be a sissy but stop acting like hes been injured throught his whole career.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:
WestCCa wrote:
KobeButler wrote:
honestly id rather have these 2 moves than the KG deal...but both sound like their full of crap.

yay for crap.

I somewhat agree about preferring this over a KG trade. Kobe, Lewis, and a healthy Boozer? Talk about defensive nightmares for opposing teams.

For me that trade would hinge on Kwames ability. If he would just play more consistently and show he could be a monster on a regular basis then I wouldn't mind giving up Kwame. But w/ Kwame not developing as well as predicted I just don't like the idea of giving up Mihm. The Lakers need him.

If he did that, we wouldn't be able to get him for bargain basement prices...
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
Mr Common Sense,

Boozer wants LA...
If he plays up to his potential and doesn't force a trade, theere is NO WAY LA can make a bid for him...

Now, we get a chance to get a 17/9 guy for peanuts and you're complaining???

That's not smart...

You'd rather he came back and played GREAT and we don't have a chance in HELL to get him???

Just trust me. He's not really hurt. He can get back to at least his 17/9 form...and you will have gotten that for the bargain price of Mihm and expiring contracts...

That's common sense...

Yep, Boozer has been trying to get himself traded. No one has a hamstring injury that takes a year to recover from. He played Cleveland, now he's playing the Jazz. The guy is a jerk, sure. But I have to admire his tenacity--con a team into giving you $60-odd million and then trading you to the Lakers. Pretty smart acutally.

And I mean damn, would you really want to be in Salt Lake City for the rest of your career?
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
KobeButler wrote:
To tell you the truth, i can really see us going for Boozer. We did go after him last year. Im sure Utah could use Mihm. If not for him, just for the cap relief. They dont look like their any good with Boozer returning so they could feel they should scrap him. Boozers trade value is at an alltime low. good timing for itch to come in. Im a Mihm fan but Ive always wanted to get Boozer. Hes a consistent scorer and rebounder. He doesnt look too good right now but he should once he gets back to playing some more.

What about the last 2 years of Boozers career makes you think he will ever get back to form? Any way you cut it, the man is severly overpaid and is an extremely undersized PF, plus the man hasn't been healthy in years. (probably due to the beatings he takes being an undersized PF)

No thanks to Boozer.

dirka dirka wrote:
datniggbstyle wrote:
Why are yall acting like Chris Mihm has ever gotten close to averaging 20 and 10 like Carlos Boozer has. Yes, he has been hurt but it has been less injury and more dislike of being in Utah that has kept boozer sidelined. He got his money and now wants to be out. Not the most loyal, but dude is a legit 4 in this league. We havent had one in about 20 years. Chris Mihm is a rental. Once his contract is up he is gone. Why yall acting like its anything different. Chris(rental) Devean(rental) and Slava(throw away) for a BONAFIDE 15 point and 10 rebound scorer. And yall dont want it. CRAZY.

yeah, we are crazy cuz we don't like players that have large contracts and have shown no ability to stay healthy...thats just what we need, an undersized PF that is taking up all of our cap room on the IR.

Mr Common Sense,

Boozer wants LA...
If he plays up to his potential and doesn't force a trade, theere is NO WAY LA can make a bid for him...

That's not smart...

You'd rather he came back and played GREAT and we don't have a chance in HELL to get him???

Just trust me. He's not really hurt. He can get back to at least his 17/9 form...and you will have gotten that for the bargain price of Mihm and expiring contracts...

That's common sense...

mr common sense? Is that a burn?

anyways, ya, I really want a guy tanking it on purpose to come play for the Lake show, thats my idea of a quality player. again, no thanks...he put up those numbers for half a season then got hurt, his team also sucked wherever he's been not named Duke.

think he can guard the PF in the western conference? LMAO.

and buddy, just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean you should resort to petty name calling.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
KobeButler wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
KobeButler wrote:

No thanks to Boozer.

Great way to exagerrate man. Years? 2 years? Hes only been out most of the end of last season and begininng of this season. Thats a little less than year to be exact. Is their a reason why I shouldnt think he cant go back to his regualr form?

I agree hes tad bit overpaid but if we can get a solid core to work with, itll be worth it. Kobe + Odom/ or Lewis + Boozer is solid.

Boozer is a consistent rebounder and scorer. Hes also a smart player who Phil would love.

end of last season? 31 games is alot of games to miss, in total the last 2 years so far he's missed 83 games.

no team he's even been on has made the playoffs and seriously, even though he rebounds, you honestly think this guy can play defense against Tim Duncan, KG, Elton Brand, Dirk?

no way no how...you are looking at his stats and ignoring some plain truths, the guy is 6' 8 on a good day, missed 31 games last year, had a full offseason to recover and still couldn't get back before missing 52 games this year.

Because he DOESN'T want to be there!!!!!!!!
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
KobeButler wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
KobeButler wrote:

No thanks to Boozer.

oh, I thought it could be because they signed him to a ludicrous 6 year deal of which so far he's missed more than half their games...I know, let's take on that albatros of a deal and pray he never gets hurt again!!!
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
KobeButler wrote:

No thanks to Boozer.

dirka dirka wrote:
datniggbstyle wrote:
Why are yall acting like Chris Mihm has ever gotten close to averaging 20 and 10 like Carlos Boozer has. Yes, he has been hurt but it has been less injury and more dislike of being in Utah that has kept boozer sidelined. He got his money and now wants to be out. Not the most loyal, but dude is a legit 4 in this league. We havent had one in about 20 years. Chris Mihm is a rental. Once his contract is up he is gone. Why yall acting like its anything different. Chris(rental) Devean(rental) and Slava(throw away) for a BONAFIDE 15 point and 10 rebound scorer. And yall dont want it. CRAZY.

Mr Common Sense,

Boozer wants LA...

That's not smart...

That's common sense...

mr common sense? Is that a burn?

anyways, ya, I really want a guy tanking it on purpose to come play for the Lake show, thats my idea of a quality player. again, no thanks...he put up those numbers for half a season then got hurt, his team also sucked wherever he's been not named Duke.

think he can guard the PF in the western conference? LMAO.

and buddy, just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean you should resort to petty name calling.

That wasn't name calling...

I may have made a mistake but I could have SWORN that you had something in your sig about having common sense...

If I am mistaken, I'm sorry...
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
KobeButler wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
KobeButler wrote:

No thanks to Boozer.

oh, I thought it could be because they signed him to a ludicrous 6 year deal of which so far he's missed more than half their games...I know, let's take on that albatros of a deal and pray he never gets hurt again!!!

If you take on ANY contract, you have to pray that the person doesn't get hurt...that's not a stretch....and it's not confined to players who have been injured...

Don't remember Kobe coming off a shoulder injury before he was resigned?
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
Mr Common Sense,

Boozer wants LA...

That's not smart...

That's common sense...

Yep, Boozer has been trying to get himself traded. No one has a hamstring injury that takes a year to recover from. He played Cleveland, now he's playing the Jazz. The guy is a jerk, sure. But I have to admire his tenacity--con a team into giving you $60-odd million and then trading you to the Lakers. Pretty smart acutally.

And I mean damn, would you really want to be in Salt Lake City for the rest of your career?

I think it was more about what happened to him when he got to Utah...I think it's more complicated than that...
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:

Yep. That's because he's been trying to force the Jazz to trade him.

Quote:
no team he's even been on has made the playoffs

And? This is a ridiculous argument. He's a role player, not a star. No one expects him to carry a team to the playoffs. The only guys capable of dragging a lousy team into the playoffs are Kobe, AI, KG--those are guys you can blame or give credit to when their team makes or misses the playoffs. Not a Boozer.

Quote:
and seriously, even though he rebounds, you honestly think this guy can play defense against Tim Duncan, KG, Elton Brand, Dirk?

No, I don't. Don't expect him to either. Why would he when Kwame does much better against those guys? Do I expect him to hang with Nazr, Griffin, Kaman or Dampier? Yeah. A little undersized, but he's got the post base to guard those centers who aren't an offensive threat. It is entirely possible for guys to switch positions on defense.

Quote:
you are looking at his stats and ignoring some plain truths, the guy is 6' 8 on a good day

In socks. So is Elton Brand. Being 260 and having long arms makes up for a lot.

Quote:
missed 31 games last year, had a full offseason to recover and still couldn't get back before missing 52 games this year.

He could get back. Didn't want to.

Quote:

Because they got taken by him. If they try to void his contract I'm sure he'll come up gimp again. I mean no one gets a year+ long hammy injury. He didn't rip the muscle off his hip or something. He didn't need surgery. It's a damn hamstring pull. Or tear. Whatever. Anyway, point is, he wants out of Utah, has wanted out since the last time the Lakers were in talks for him. My guess is that he was pissed off the Jazz pulled out of that deal and decided to be a baby and stay hurt.

So you can make all sorts of arguments about a guy like that based on his head, but, not his game.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
Quote:

Boozer is NOT injured prone. Hes had one major injury so far. He might be a sissy but stop acting like hes been injured throught his whole career.

Exactly.

Boozer is not "injury-prone."

That said, his hammy tells us either that 1.) he really wants out of Utah
and is tanking the injury to get out, or 2.) he's a wussy when it comes
to recovering from injuries and/or simply has a very slow recovery
time physically.

Either one of those two is a negative mark against him.

Most people's knock on Artest (even those who wanted him) was that he
may disappear and be out of the lineup because of doing something crazy
or deciding he wants to work on his album, etc.

Likewise for Boozer, what if he decides he wants out of L.A.? Will he
have another convenient 1-year injury? Or if it's not a fake-thing, but
just slow recovery, when he inevitably pulls another hammy will it take
him a year to get back to the floor?

Either way it diminishes his value, at LEAST a bit.

And considering he's already overpriced, I'm not that high on the guy.

I'd have still nixed Francis, but refusing to play a month or two back is
a black-mark on his character as well to me.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dirka dirka wrote:

how does that equal 2 years? 2 portions of a season, yes, but not 2 years. your just over exxagerating again. I can excuse him for missing the games last season. He did what Odom did. They were out of the playoff race already, so no need to bring him back after an injury.

Quote:

Are you kidding me? The guy has only been on 2 teams. His Utah team was on the verge of making playoffs last year before him and Ak47 got injured.

Quote:

Again more over exagerrating. Yea the guy is walking glass. Please man.

Quote:

Utah feels they overpaid for him..which i understand. But just cause hes not wanted in UTah dont mean he shouldnt be wanted by other teams. Heck Chicago Bulls traded Elton Brand for a couple of picks and I bet their hitting their heads right now.

Before his injury, the Boozer's stats have improved every year.
Raka600
Rookie
Rookie

did he not buy a house in LA this off season?
datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

So you dudes mean to tell me that you dont want a 24 Year Old Bonafide double double man in BOTH CONFERENCES that can get you anywhere from 15-20 PTS a game for players that wont even be on the team in two years. Carlos Boozer is what the games been missin. We havent had a PF Worthy enough for the past 20 years and now you dont want Boozer because of Chris Mihm's sometimes 11 and 7. lets get serious. YOU ARE NOT WRITING CARLOS BOOZERS CHECK.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
I think it was more about what happened to him when he got to Utah...I think it's more complicated than that...

What happened to him?
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Booz>LO
RLewis>LO
What does that equal? Getting better as a team
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

please dont knock boozer saying he cant guard people like garnett,brand,duncan because NO ONE CAN! thats why theyre considered the best in the league.plus we have kwame for defensive purposes against bigs,and boozer brings the offensive skills.now im not saying im for trading for him,but lets be fair
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Boozer's been sandbagging for the last year. He was assured last year before the deadline that he would be traded to the Lakers. Unfortunately Utah balked at the last minute because Jack Haley caught wind and released the deal prematurely. The Salt Lake fans and season ticket holders went nuts because of what they would've gotten in return, and of course other teams started calling with better offers. Utah chickened out. Boozer has been ghost since.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

What happened to him?

I don't have specifics...just some things said by people who went to Duke with him who either keep in touch with him or have heard from other people who have talked to him...

I'd rather not post 3rd hand info because it's too vague and I'm not one to start rumors...
KizzOBizzE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Seattle Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Rashard Lewis
6-10 SF from Alief Elsik (HS)
21.3 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 2.4 apg in 37.4 minutes
Incoming
Lamar Odom
6-10 SF from Rhode Island
13.9 ppg, 9.2 rpg, 5.3 apg in 39.2 minutes
Change in team outlook: -7.4 ppg, +3.8 rpg, and +2.9 apg.

L.A. Lakers Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Chris Mihm
7-0 C from Texas
10.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 27.2 minutes
Stanislav Medvedenko
6-10 PF from Ukraine (Foreign)
1.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, 0.5 apg in 3.5 minutes
Devean George
6-8 SF from Augsburg-MN
7.0 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 1.1 apg in 23.1 minutes
Lamar Odom
6-10 SF from Rhode Island
13.9 ppg, 9.2 rpg, 5.3 apg in 39.2 minutes
Incoming
Rashard Lewis
6-10 SF from Alief Elsik (HS)
21.3 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 2.4 apg in 37.4 minutes
Carlos Boozer
6-9 PF from Duke
4.0 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 1.3 apg in 10.7 minutes
Change in team outlook: -7.2 ppg, -13.3 rpg, and -4.2 apg.

Utah Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Carlos Boozer
6-9 PF from Duke
4.0 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 1.3 apg in 10.7 minutes
Incoming
Chris Mihm
7-0 C from Texas
10.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 27.2 minutes
Stanislav Medvedenko
6-10 PF from Ukraine (Foreign)
1.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, 0.5 apg in 3.5 minutes
Devean George
6-8 SF from Augsburg-MN
7.0 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 1.1 apg in 23.1 minutes
Change in team outlook: +14.6 ppg, +9.5 rpg, and +1.3 apg.

Successful Scenario
Due to Seattle, L.A. Lakers, and Utah being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Seattle, L.A. Lakers, and Utah had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject:

well at least he'll have a fan club if he ever gets traded here

but lets not compare Boozer to EB, they may be of similar height but EB plays much larger than Boozer ever has...2 bbg avg over his career compared to .6, and there can be little doubting EB's work ethic
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Boozer's last couple years (not counting this year where he has 3 games):

Boozer (2004-2005)

17.8 pts
9.0 reb
2.8 ast
0.5 blk
0.8 stl

Boozer (2003-2004)

15.5 pts
11.5 reb
2.0 ast
0.7 blk
1.0 stl

vs. Mihm

I agree Boozer's a better player than Mihm. If we were to move Mihm for
him it just becomes about talent/contribution versus payscale. Mihm's
a better post-defender than Boozer. Contracts aside it's obvious to move
Mihm for him, but with contracts involved I think you can make a case
either way because Boozer takes up a ton of space and would kill the
chance to add anyone else without another trade.

vs. Odom

I've said before that Boozer and Francis (even K-Mart, although less so)
aren't worth moving Odom for. Even Boozer's steals and blocks are
marginally worse than Odom's. He scores a hair better, rebounds a
hair better, passes substantially worse. On paper they're fairly similar
in terms of total contribution. With Boozer though you're locked into a
big long contract with a guy who may either sulk if he wants out or take
forever to recover from what should be small injuries (depending on what
you think he's just been doing the last year or so).

Boozer from me.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
Booz>LO
RLewis>LO
What does that equal? Getting better as a team

I agree. It's definitely a start.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject:

But if Boozer played the way he did during his contract year...watch out. I don't know enough about Boozer to stipulate his work ethic. I would say he was hard worker just based on the fact that he plays for Jerry Sloan, but the guy hasn't been playing. And by no means is he an Elton Brand. Although he is capable of putting up similar numbers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8
Jump to: