MO BAMBA to Philly (pg 37)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:16 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
How many games he is missing because of the suspension?

2 more games, including the game with bucks

Does Magic's game today counts? Which will make it just 1 more game?

I have no idea also. I think the Lakers vs Bucks game will count though, so he'll probably back on Monday vs Blazers
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Flight#24 wrote:
Is LG overrating this guy? I know that his name has come up a lot here. To be honest, I've never watched him play much. Orlando fans says he is low motor, has motivation issue, overall sucks. TBryant was great for us, even if it was one sided, kept us afloat when AD was down. With AD's constant injury concern, it would nice keeping him.

But can't complain what they got for him. Just think LG maybe is overhyping this guy, we will have to see if he can change his attitude and motor issues with his squad.

Name a time when the fans of a team had good things to say about an outgoing player doesn’t happen much they have to feel like they won
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:50 pm    Post subject:

I have always thought Mo Bamba could do some things in the right situation.

Rob turned over about half the roster! I like the aggressiveness, we will see what happens.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:50 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
can AD be PF with Bamba? Maybe the reason AD gets injured a lot is because he is playing out of position.

I definitely like the Idea..the paint would be closed with them 2..and AD can freely move out on shooters with Bamba protecting the paint.

He did say that in an interview before that it was different now because he can't freely move out on shooters since he is the primary protector of the paint.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:06 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
can AD be PF with Bamba? Maybe the reason AD gets injured a lot is because he is playing out of position.

I definitely like the Idea..the paint would be closed with them 2..and AD can freely move out on shooters with Bamba protecting the paint.

He did say that in an interview before that it was different now because he can't freely move out on shooters since he is the primary protector of the paint.

Thats the crazy..smh. AD really not a center. He need to stop it and go back to his forward position. Him and Tbryant would be devastating on the court together....TB saying it was minutes sounds like smoke..the real fire I think is the money situation that was going to happen after the season as he played himself into a good contract this season.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:11 pm    Post subject:

I'd like to get behind this trade, lost our better defensive perimeter guy, but gained an interior rim defender that can shoot 3s. Better version of TBryant, possibly. But, the issue is that do the Lakers try to go big again with Bamba/AD/Bron. I'd love to see that, and it would negate some of the defensive work we won't be getting with Pat Bev. We need some defenders at the 1 and 2, and if we don't, having some elite rim protection and length at the 4 will help.

I liked this move, I just hope we have a purpose greater than him being AD's backup.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Dwight was key vs Nuggets in 2020 playoffs. I'd like to see AD play as PF and make use of his defensive versatility. Start Mo, AD, Bron, AR and DLo.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:30 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I'd like to get behind this trade, lost our better defensive perimeter guy, but gained an interior rim defender that can shoot 3s. Better version of TBryant, possibly. But, the issue is that do the Lakers try to go big again with Bamba/AD/Bron. I'd love to see that, and it would negate some of the defensive work we won't be getting with Pat Bev. We need some defenders at the 1 and 2, and if we don't, having some elite rim protection and length at the 4 will help.

I liked this move, I just hope we have a purpose greater than him being AD's backup.

I had asked this same question with TBryant but then realized that TBryant/AD pairing isn't ideal because TBryant provides poor rim-protection thus negating AD's value as a roaming defender. That is not the case with Bamba - the only thing that would hold that pairing back is if Bamba plays unmotivated/low-energy. Everything depends on what attitude Bamba brings to the table, I'm hopeful given that his next contract depends on how he shows this year.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:32 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Thats the thing..HE NOT A CENTER...LBJ needs to stop telling him he is along with Ham...smh. I put these questions to everybody....Why cant we play like when we got us a ring? IE AD BACK TO FOWARD with a DEFENSIVE CENTER? What was wrong with that? Why do we keep playing this small ball junk?
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:40 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:

https://tenor.com/bpfx9.gif

Imho this was the best trade of the whole lot of em.

They really gotta cut this 5hit out & stop setting up AD (and his health/availability) to fail.

They keep emphasizing what AD can do down low on the offensive block, but they really need to center their attention on what AD could do on the defensive end if he’s flying around the wings.

#FreeTheBrow
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:43 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

The good thing about starting Bamba alongside AD (if it happens) is that AD can continue to live in the paint and near the basket, since Bamba is a good 3-point shooter.

So even though Bamba would be listed as a 5 in that scenario, offensively he'd be more like a stretch 4 for all intents and purposes.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:49 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
leking006 wrote:

They really gotta cut this 5hit out & stop setting up AD (and his health/availability) to fail.

They keep emphasizing what AD can do down low on the offensive block, but they really need to center their attention on what AD could do on the defensive end if he’s flying around the wings.

#FreeTheBrow

Yup, if Bamba comes in looking at all motivated and ready to play this could easily be the best trade for us and one of the better value wise league wide.

Only time will tell on this one but I love the potential of it while Bamba is still young as well.

Like you said though, it's mostly about the potential of having someone competent again in the middle defensively (TBryant was most def. not this) to allow AD to fly around the perimeter and terrorize the other team once again.

I might just be living in the moment and currently on cloud 9 knowing its official that I will not have to watch Russ play anymore in p&g but the potential is there now for this team to play any of the top teams in the West tough imo.

Just a bunch of "potential" as of now but it's nice to at least see a littttttle bit of light coming through the tunnel again.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:41 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
leking006 wrote:

#FreeTheBrow

Yup, if Bamba comes in looking at all motivated and ready to play this could easily be the best trade for us and one of the better value wise league wide.

Only time will tell on this one but I love the potential of it while Bamba is still young as well.

Like you said though, it's mostly about the potential of having someone competent again in the middle defensively (TBryant was most def. not this) to allow AD to fly around the perimeter and terrorize the other team once again.

I might just be living in the moment and currently on cloud 9 knowing its official that I will not have to watch Russ play anymore in p&g but the potential is there now for this team to play any of the top teams in the West tough imo.

Just a bunch of "potential" as of now but it's nice to at least see a littttttle bit of light coming through the tunnel again.

Like many I'm intrigued by the prospect of Mo/AD but the team would need another C to make it work. So thin there now that AD needs to be a C. Cousins?

Mo Cousins
AD Hachi
LBJ Vandy
Reaves Walker/Beasley
Delo Schroeder
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Black Bamba!

Nice low risk high reward move by Pelinka, 24 year old 7 footer with outrageous wingspan and who can shoot 3s shouldn't have come this cheap. Maybe he's not that good at basketball, but playing with Lebron and AD will make the game easy for him.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:57 pm    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
KD isn’t the same player he was, no way he helps them. They are not any better than the finals team against Bucks!

KD was playing some of the best ball of his career this season before he got hurt. He's still as good as ever.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:21 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Lakers just got Mo Bamba 5 years from now, thanks to Orlando our young center G-League team

I say that all the time to friends that are Magic fans..."when you guys going to draft the Lakers next great Center?"

AutumnWind wrote:
Can’t wait to get a Bamba laker jersey in a couple of years

From the 2018 NBA Draft Thread Tale as old as time.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:35 am    Post subject:

Hopefully Bamba can become our Brook Lopez. That will make AD roam free as Giannis. Also that means we can use Lebron, Rui and JD at SF so Ham cut this 3 guard BS.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:50 am    Post subject:

Ahh damnit, Magic fans think he sucks

Happy to keep an open mind over the course of the rest of the season, though
#18 next...
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:05 am    Post subject:

The first Laker to have a hit song names after him.

twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:45 am    Post subject:

I'd like to see a super length lineup of

C - Bamba
PF - AD
SF - Lebron
G - Vandy ( i know hes listed as a wing but he can guard PGs too)
PG - Russell

Anti-Death lineup.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:45 am    Post subject:

Bamba will have the Javale McGee role on the team hopefully. Just with the addition that he can hit threes.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:39 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Bamba will have the Javale McGee role on the team hopefully. Just with the addition that he can hit threes.

Yeah, having a five who can give you back line defense and wrestle with other bigs is exactly what we needed to let Davis roam on defense, which is where he becomes a chaos agent. Being able to have that while not clogging the lane on offense, because you have to respect Bamba's long ball, is a strategic improvement that should pay very nice dividends.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:27 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:28 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:

2 more games, including the game with bucks

Does Magic's game today counts? Which will make it just 1 more game?

No
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:31 am    Post subject:

Dunk the ball and block shots, that is all we need you to do. Keep it simple.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 4 of 38
Jump to: