THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3659, 3660, 3661 ... 3697, 3698, 3699  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:31 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:
NBC has hired Ronna McDaniel as a commentator.

Ugh.

Will she be pro Repuklican or middle of the road? I think she will bring FoxNews flavor, but will NBC allow it?

LINK to Wilt's post

She was in on the fake-electors part of the coup and called MSNBC hosts un-American traitors. She was all-in on defending every Trump lie, including the Big Lie. She's absolute trash. And by the way, there are no middle-of-the-road Republicans. They are all trash. There is already a HUGE social media backlash to this hiring because it's so obviously horrible and is a huge stain on NBC/MSNBC credibility.

That backlash has been relentless.

Ronna has also been scrubbing her old tweets where she insults MSNBC, Democrats, Biden, etc.

Why would any neutral media outlet hire her or anyone for that matter.. Politics is disgusting. What a cruel thing to do to their viewers...makes the stomach hurt to see her lying mouth put on national media to harm our citizens
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:41 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Wilt wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Ugh.

Will she be pro Repuklican or middle of the road? I think she will bring FoxNews flavor, but will NBC allow it?

LINK to Wilt's post

She was in on the fake-electors part of the coup and called MSNBC hosts un-American traitors. She was all-in on defending every Trump lie, including the Big Lie. She's absolute trash. And by the way, there are no middle-of-the-road Republicans. They are all trash. There is already a HUGE social media backlash to this hiring because it's so obviously horrible and is a huge stain on NBC/MSNBC credibility.

Ronna has also been scrubbing her old tweets where she insults MSNBC, Democrats, Biden, etc.

Why would any neutral media outlet hire her or anyone for that matter.. Politics is disgusting. What a cruel thing to do to their viewers...makes the stomach hurt to see her lying mouth put on national media to harm our citizens

The owners of Comcast (the parent company that bought NBC/Universal) are Republicans and the chairman of NBC is a big Republican donor. This is what happens when wealthy Republicans and corporations buy up every media outlet.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:47 am    Post subject:

Laurence Tribe, who appears often on Lawrence O'Donnell's shows, just tweeted "Shame on NBC and MSNBC."

That's all well and good, but he needs to say this on air when he appears on MSNBC.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:59 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Wilt wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Ugh.

LINK to Wilt's post

The owners of Comcast (the parent company that bought NBC/Universal) are Republicans and the chairman of NBC is a big Republican donor. This is what happens when wealthy Republicans and corporations buy up every media outlet.

Thank you. My step father 30 years ago was complaining that big corporations were buying all the small ones and they'd run our society

Reminder Home Depot is Full MAGA..
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:20 am    Post subject:

MSNBC only hired her for insider information on Trump and the GOP. Now they pre-Trump and post-Trump former RNC chairs. It will be pretty awkward considering how much shade Michael Steele has thrown at her the past few years.

I'd be very curious to hear some of the shady stuff that's been going on behind the scenes at the RNC since Trump.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:49 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
MSNBC only hired her for insider information on Trump and the GOP. Now they pre-Trump and post-Trump former RNC chairs. It will be pretty awkward considering how much shade Michael Steele has thrown at her the past few years.

I'd be very curious to hear some of the shady stuff that's been going on behind the scenes at the RNC since Trump.

1) She's fortunate she hasn't been indicted for the fake-electors scheme portion of the insurrection -- because they have her on tape and text participating in the scheme. She can't really confess to that on national TV as part of her new job, right? And no anchor at MSNBC would dare ask her that question as a paid contributor and co-worker (vs a random Republican guest)?

2) I doubt she confesses to any shady stuff from behind the scenes because: she is complicit (would be admitting her own participation in shady stuff); Trump may have pushed her out of the RNC but the woman who literally changed her name for Trump is not about to go all-in on criticizing him either. If she offends Trump or Trump supporters, she would be permanently ex-communicated from the MAGA Republican party. There have been a few brave ex-Trump staffers who mustered the courage to go against him. I highly doubt she's one of them.

3) Michael Steele, while a Republican, didn't do anything that he could be indicted for. She did. So Steele is free to say whatever he wants, she is not.

4) SHE PERPETUATED THE BIG LIE. Unless she comes out on the very first program she's on and denounces the Big Lie as fabrication of Trump because he wanted to stay in office even though he knew Biden won, then anything she's will be forever tainted by that unspoken fact.

5) She will be on MTP tomorrow and I seriously doubt Kristen Welker is going to ask her: "Before we get started and for the sake of transparency, would you clear up a couple of things for our viewers? Was Joe Biden the rightful winner of the 2020 election? And if so, why did you participate in the fake electors scheme to help Trump commit insurrection?"

That ain't going to happen. But it should.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:33 am    Post subject:

Happy to see Klan-dace (Candace) Owens got fired.
She made her bones as an anti-black, white supremacist.
Pile on top of that. Years of antisemitism.
But the Daily Wire hired her and paid her millions. Specifically, because that was her resume.
She got them those valuable Klan viewers.

It was her constant critiques of Israel in regards to Gaza that got her fired.

Doesn't make her a hero. Far from it. Just a classic case of a broken clock being right twice a day. She started from the baseline of antisemitism. And worked from there. Wish she got her comeuppance for something else. But I'll take whatever Schadenfreude I can get.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:07 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
4) SHE PERPETUATED THE BIG LIE. Unless she comes out on the very first program she's on and denounces the Big Lie as fabrication of Trump because he wanted to stay in office even though he knew Biden won, then anything she's will be forever tainted by that unspoken fact.

And even if she does own up to all of this, it will just reinforce again why she’s a horrible person who shouldn’t have been rewarded by NBC with a national platform. This may be a joke to them but it’s life and death for millions of Americans. Shameful (bleep).
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:05 pm    Post subject:

I have Meet The Press on record in case I miss the program. I want to see what flavor McDaniel serves. I'm not a fan of Kristen Welker.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:31 pm    Post subject:

This does not make sense to me. If AG James reads this she will surely start proceedings on his properties. I think it's embarrassing for him to admit he doesn't have enough money after bragging he does. I think this claim is bull💩

Trump says he has nearly $500 million in cash but doesn’t want to use it to pay New York judgment
Politics Mar 22, 2024 2:38 PM EDT

LINK
Quote:

NEW YORK (AP) — Donald Trump claimed Friday to have almost a half-billion dollars in cash but said he’d rather spend the money on his presidential run than on the $454 million civil fraud judgment against him in New York.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:58 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
This does not make sense to me. If AG James reads this she will surely start proceedings on his properties.

Trump says he has nearly $500 million in cash but doesn’t want to use it to pay New York judgment

LINK
Quote:

NEW YORK (AP) — Donald Trump claimed Friday to have almost a half-billion dollars in cash but said he’d rather spend the money on his presidential run than on the $454 million civil fraud judgment against him in New York.

He's on damage control. He's skated through life. Burnin stuff down and skipping carelessly away. But this time. He ran into a real one. He ran in to Lititia James.

I tried to find the quote. But I couldn't. ChefLinda pointed out several pages back. NY gets to track his $. They can probably track however Donald pays for this thing (if he does).

There is only upside to James's work. Likely she starts grabbing property. But even if he pays. NY will track the $ transfer from start to finish.

Glad Trump finally ran into a real one.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:07 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
This does not make sense to me. If AG James reads this she will surely start proceedings on his properties.

LINK
Quote:

He's on damage control. He's skated through life. Burnin stuff down and skipping carelessly away. But this time. He ran into a real one. He ran in to Lititia James.

I tried to find the quote. But I couldn't. ChefLinda pointed out several pages back. NY gets to track his $. They can probably track however Donald pays for this thing (if he does).

There is only upside to James's work. Likely she starts grabbing property. But even if he pays. NY will track the $ transfer from start to finish.

Glad Trump finally ran into a real one.
I been tellin yall Trump's going down he got a SISTA on his case. I think I get your meaning of A Real One.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:23 pm    Post subject:

nevermind

Last edited by kikanga on Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:07 pm    Post subject:

It looks like some of the MSNBC anchors revolted and MSNBC president says they won't use Ronna McDaniel on their network. Hah!

MSNBC says it has 'no plans' to put Trump loyalist Ronna McDaniel on air

Quote:
But according to a new exclusive article from The Wall Street Journal, the president of MSNBC isn't interested in ever using her.

In an effort to "address employee and talent backlash over" the decision to hire McDaniel, Rashida Jones, the cable network’s president, reportedly issued an alert suggesting McDaniel wouldn't reach MSNBC.

"Jones told employees the cable network has no plans to have McDaniel on the channel, according to people familiar with the conversations," the report says. "A number of MSNBC anchors and producers have voiced concern internally about McDaniel's ties to former President Donald Trump and the RNC's role in his efforts to challenge the 2020 election results."
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:39 am    Post subject:

So she showed up on MTP today. I saw a few clips and Welker was actually tough on her. Chuck Todd later showed up and distanced himself from this hire, as did Welker at the beginning of the show.

McDaniel lied repeatedly on the show. So if they want to correct this big mistake, they should fire her just for this single appearance.

Some MSNBC anchor said that she's glad that McDaniel appeared on MTP because it exposed who she was. That's irrelevant if she's still getting paid. She is being actively rewarded for trying to overturn the election and enabling a cult of personality around Trump.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:07 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
So she showed up on MTP today. I saw a few clips and Welker was actually tough on her. Chuck Todd later showed up and distanced himself from this hire, as did Welker at the beginning of the show.

If even a spineless turd like Chuck Todd is calling the move out, then you know it's bad.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:11 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

McDaniel lied repeatedly on the show. So if they want to correct this big mistake, they should fire her just for this single appearance.

Some MSNBC anchor said that she's glad that McDaniel appeared on MTP because it exposed who she was. That's irrelevant if she's still getting paid. She is being actively rewarded for trying to overturn the election and enabling a cult of personality around Trump.

I think they rescinded their offer.

They decided not to hire Mcdaniel.

She answered questions without really answering them. She's a polished liar.

The outrage displayed asked the question is Trump's appeal as numbered as some believe.

I heard a theory I'd never given thought to. Is Trump smiling at the amount of money the government is spending to convict him? If he's only given a slap on the wrist he will have fodder to spread. e.g. "Crooked Joe is spending millions to convict me on trumped up charges and nothing on a wide open border."

Query; Trump has bragged he has the money to pay his bond. If he does have this money can AG James freeze it?

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:57 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
It looks like some of the MSNBC anchors revolted and MSNBC president says they won't use Ronna McDaniel on their network. Hah!

MSNBC says it has 'no plans' to put Trump loyalist Ronna McDaniel on air

Quote:
But according to a new exclusive article from The Wall Street Journal, the president of MSNBC isn't interested in ever using her.

In an effort to "address employee and talent backlash over" the decision to hire McDaniel, Rashida Jones, the cable network’s president
, reportedly issued an alert suggesting McDaniel wouldn't reach MSNBC.

"Jones told employees the cable network has no plans to have McDaniel on the channel, according to people familiar with the conversations," the report says. "A number of MSNBC anchors and producers have voiced concern internally about McDaniel's ties to former President Donald Trump and the RNC's role in his efforts to challenge the 2020 election results."[/b]

Rashida Jones I wish White men would stand up to Trump like Black women are. I think women in general are going to be the reason Trump will not win the Oval Office.

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:22 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:

The outrage displayed asked the question is Trump's appeal as numbered as some believe.

I heard a theory I'd never given thought to. Is Trump smiling at the amount of money the government is spending to convict him? If he's only given a slap on the wrist he will have fodder to spread. e.g. "Crooked Joe is spending millions to convict me on trumped up charges and nothing on a wide open border."

Query; Trump has bragged he has the money to pay his bond. If he does have this money can AG James freeze it?

They hired her, she just won't appear on MSNBC.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:

If she's hired but won't be appearing on MSNBC what is her status?

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:58 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:

She'll be limited to NBC News broadcasts, which includes Meet the Press, some online content, and possibly election coverage in the Fall.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Trump is destroying the GOP.

GOP Reps. Ken Buck and Kay Granger announce they won't run for re-election
Quote:
Buck attributed his decision to his party's reliance on former President Donald Trump’s false claim that the 2020 presidential election was stolen.He revealed his decision after Granger, the chairwoman of the powerful House Appropriations Committee, also announced that she will leave Congress.

"I’m joining Kay and probably some others in the near future, but I’ve decided that it is time for me to do some other things," Buck said. "I always have been disappointed with our inability in Congress to deal with major issues, and I’m also disappointed that the Republican Party continues to rely on this lie that the 2020 election was stolen and rely on the Jan. 6 narrative and political prisoners from Jan. 6 and other things."

LINK

Rats deserting a sinking ship

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:

They decided not to hire McDaniel.

She'll be limited to NBC News broadcasts, which includes Meet the Press, some online content, and possibly election coverage in the Fall.

How will that sit with Kristen Welker? Chuck Todd said MSNBC put her in a difficult position by having her interview McDaniel. In another vein. Trump said he has the money to pay his bond but wants to use it for his reelection. Can AG James freeze his funds if he has the money?

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Chuck Todd was talking about the bosses of NBC News (owned by Comcast) imposing this hire and putting Welker in a difficult position, given that McDaniel is a pathological liar and enabler of Trump. Assuming he's telling the truth, it looks as if Welker initially believed that McDaniel would just be a guest and then it turned out she was hired by her bosses, essentially making McDaniel her colleague.

We'll see what happens, but I hope she'll just fade away and won't appear again.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:33 pm    Post subject:

@Wilt or anyone with the answer

Trump said he has the money to pay his bond but wants to use it for his reelection. Can AG James freeze his funds if he has the money?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3659, 3660, 3661 ... 3697, 3698, 3699  Next
Page 3660 of 3699
Jump to: