THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3665, 3666, 3667 ... 3693, 3694, 3695  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:12 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Rogan is really trying to get people to vote for RFK Jr.
He really is raking in that $. Pretending to not be a conservative or a Republican. But 99.9% of the time, just somehow supporting things that benefit conservatives and Republicans.

Which is a good thing. You want that moron siphoning votes from Trump.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:21 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
DJT stock tanks.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-media-stock-tanks-as-new-filing-reveals-heavy-losses-greater-risks-on-trumps-involvement-164313322.html

The whole thing was a pump and dump scheme for Trump to steal more money from the rubes. As much as the shares have fallen, they still have the rubes' money infusion. Last year they had $4M in revenue but $50M in losses. Now they have $300M cash from the rubes no matter what the stock does, even if Trump takes a "paper" bath on his shares. Like everything Trump ever did, it's a con where he will leave other people holding the bag while he walks away with his share and experiences no negative consequences.

I had a good laugh looking at their 8K. I cannot believe the rubes buying this excrement. Folks should worry about a company with a current ratio of 1 to 1; how about a current ratio of something like .04 to 1? That means 4 cents of current assets to every dollar of current liabilities. From what I recall, most of the liabilities consist of convertible debt, which means the creditors can and will convert to shares, and then dump it onto the fools who think that Truth Social will somehow be a viable business. When that happens, the stock will take a nosedive.

Last edited by angrypuppy on Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Murdock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:29 am    Post subject:

Quote:
José Andrés Says Israel Deliberately Killed 7 Of His Aid Workers In Gaza Airstrikes
The airstrikes that killed World Central Kitchen workers were a "direct attack" on humanitarians trying to help desperate Palestinians, the chef said.

Chef and humanitarian José Andrés has accused Israel of deliberately launching the airstrikes that killed seven aid workers with his World Central Kitchen charity in Gaza, calling the incident a “direct attack” on humanitarian workers trying to provide food and supplies to desperate Palestinians.

In a New York Times opinion article published early Wednesday, the world-renowned chef paid tribute to the workers who were killed in Monday’s attack, saying they were the “best of humanity.” One of the victims was Palestinian. The others came from Australia, Poland, Britain, Canada and the United States.

“This was not just a bad luck situation where ‘oops’ we dropped the bomb in the wrong place,” Andrés told Reuters. “This was over a 1.5, 1.8 kilometers, with a very defined humanitarian convoy that had signs in the top, in the roof, a very colorful logo that we are obviously very proud of.”

Biden said that he was outraged by the attack and publicly urged Israel to take responsibility for the bombing and open up humanitarian aid corridors. But according to Politico, the White House has no plans to actually change its policy on unconditionally arming Israel in its six-month military offensive.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jose-andres-israel-deliberately-killed-aid-workers-gaza_n_660dc335e4b09f580bc67b9a

And sadly it continues...
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:35 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

For what it's worth, other politicians and journalists who have been in policy meetings with him NOW say he is just as sharp and just as quick. Maybe that doesn't translate on camera, but his mind and grasp of facts and details is just as sharp as ever. Yes people age, and their voice changes and their stamina ebbs. But Biden's mind is still all there. Let me know if you need links.

Which tells you when the media wants to create a narrative, they can easily do it. Imagine if they wanted to create a narrative - one actually based on facts - that Trump is an existential threat to our democracy, that he is a lawless, incompetent, sociopath. But instead we get a horse race narrative, as if this is just an ordinary election.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:35 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
DJT stock tanks.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-media-stock-tanks-as-new-filing-reveals-heavy-losses-greater-risks-on-trumps-involvement-164313322.html

The whole thing was a pump and dump scheme for Trump to steal more money from the rubes. As much as the shares have fallen, they still have the rubes' money infusion. Last year they had $4M in revenue but $50M in losses. Now they have $300M cash from the rubes no matter what the stock does, even if Trump takes a "paper" bath on his shares. Like everything Trump ever did, it's a con where he will leave other people holding the bag while he walks away with his share and experiences no negative consequences.

I had a good laugh looking at their 8K. I cannot believe the rubes buying this excrement. Folks should worry about a company with a current ratio of 1 to 1; how about a current ratio of something like .04 to 1? That means 4 cents of current assets to every dollar of current liabilities. From what I recall, most of the liabilities consist of convertible debt, which means the creditors can and will convert to shares, and then dump it onto the fools who think that Truth Social will somehow be a viable business. When that happens, the stock will take a nosedive.

Quote:
MeidasTouch @MeidasTouch April 4, 11:00 am

As Truth Social stock continues to tank, Donald Trump took to the website to try to let everyone know how amazing it is, in what could be an effort to try to pump the stock.

Trump is also suing his partners for their share of the $300M infusion. And it also came out yesterday that one of the original cash investors was a Russian oligarch who used to work in Putin administration. And another original investor was charged yesterday with insider trading. You know, Trump's kind of people! Only the best!
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:00 am    Post subject:

$DJT is trading at 1,538 times revenue (compare to $NVDA which is 35x). That's all anyone needs to know about how much of a scam it is.

There should be some kind of law against politicians creating companies like this to get around campaign finance laws. Or maybe there is and we just don't enforce it, which wouldn't surprise me either.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:58 am    Post subject:

You never want to invest in something dependent upon a single source of revenue. In the case of DJT, that's the Donald. If Donald loses popularity, suffers a stroke, or drops dead, their paltry income stream will instantly dry up. You're betting on the health and sanity of an obese man who'll soon be 78 years of age and is under constant turmoil and stress.

Curiously, DJT hasn't been forthcoming about demographic data on their subscriber base. That's something any potential advertiser will need to justify media spend. It looks like they've already peaked in terms of visits, and, like much of Trump's base, might be semirural and rural. This is a low spend crowd. Last, most advertisers don't want their brand to be damaged by what I suspect are deranged "truths" being broadcast (note: I am guessing at the latter, I wouldn't sign up or visit that site). That explains the paltry revenue, which is approximately $4 million.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:01 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

For what it's worth, other politicians and journalists who have been in policy meetings with him NOW say he is just as sharp and just as quick. Maybe that doesn't translate on camera, but his mind and grasp of facts and details is just as sharp as ever. Yes people age, and their voice changes and their stamina ebbs. But Biden's mind is still all there. Let me know if you need links.

Which tells you when the media wants to create a narrative, they can easily do it. Imagine if they wanted to create a narrative - one actually based on facts - that Trump is an existential threat to our democracy, that he is a lawless, incompetent, sociopath. But instead we get a horse race narrative, as if this is just an ordinary election.

Felt like it was also Biden’s team own strategy. They kept POTUS kinda hidden most of 2023, even so far as avoiding superbowl. It did work lowering the bar (also caused the unintended consequences that people were worried about cognitive decline, also baiting Trump to talk crap) until SOTU when the team dropped the hammer and produced a game 7 shaped Joe. He’s been campaigning since then, well done
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:03 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
You never want to invest in something dependent upon a single source of revenue. In the case of DJT, that's the Donald. If Donald loses popularity, suffers a stroke, or drops dead, their paltry income stream will instantly dry up. You're betting on the health and sanity of an obese man who'll soon be 78 years of age and is under constant turmoil and stress.

Curiously, DJT hasn't been forthcoming about demographic data on their subscriber base. That's something any potential advertiser will need to justify media spend. It looks like they've already peaked in terms of visits, and, like much of Trump's base, might be semirural and rural. This is a low spend crowd. Last, most advertisers don't want their brand to be damaged by what I suspect are deranged "truths" being broadcast (note: I am guessing at the latter, I wouldn't sign up or visit that site). That explains the paltry revenue, which is approximately $4 million.

I apologize for being too preachy. Let's apply the wisdom of PT Barnum: Does anyone have a pillow we can sell on Truth Social?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:28 am    Post subject: Trump's bond on hold?

TRUMP'S BOND ON HOLD DUE TO MISSING PAPERWORK

Quote:
The court would likely reject Trump's bond if the paperwork is not corrected. That would mean Trump would lose his right to appeal Engoron's fraud judgment and the $454 million would be due.

Attorney Tristan Snell, author of Taking Down Trump about his experience suing Trump on behalf of students of the failed Trump University, noted that the insurance paperwork has been "returned for correction"

"[The] court demands that the bond underwriter, Knight Insurance, provide more info about their own solvency and authorization to cover the bond. Is there something else shady in how Trump's bond is being handled?" Snell wrote on X on Wednesday.

Wednesday's New York County Supreme Court notice read:

"The court has returned the documents listed below for the following reasons: Please include a current financial statement and Power of Attorney. Additionally, please list the name of the Attorney-in-Fact under the signature line on the Undertaking. Please use the 'Refile Document' link for Doc. No. 1707 to resubmit the corrected filing. Thank you and have a great day."

I know everything connected to TFG is shady, but I wouldn't think he'd (bleep) this up.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:06 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Rogan is really trying to get people to vote for RFK Jr.
He really is raking in that $. Pretending to not be a conservative or a Republican. But 99.9% of the time, just somehow supporting things that benefit conservatives and Republicans.

Which is a good thing. You want that moron siphoning votes from Trump.

Maybe. My concern is states like Arizona.

Trump 48.1%
Clinton 44.5%
Johnson 4.1%
Stein 1.3%

Biden 49.2%
Trump 48.9%
Jorgensen 1.5%

It's not the only state that Trump did better in 2020 vs. 2016. But still lost. 3rd party votes will take away from the "anybody but Trump" crowd.

Trump can pull high 40%s in alot of states. But never cross over 50% in those same states.

No use crying over spilled milk. RFK Jr. is in this. Just saying, I wish he wasn't.
The ballot may say Trump vs. Biden vs. RFK.
But the first decision most voters will be making is Trump vs. not Trump.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Trump's bond on hold?

Dr. Laker wrote:
TRUMP'S BOND ON HOLD DUE TO MISSING PAPERWORK

Quote:
The court would likely reject Trump's bond if the paperwork is not corrected. That would mean Trump would lose his right to appeal Engoron's fraud judgment and the $454 million would be due.

Attorney Tristan Snell, author of Taking Down Trump about his experience suing Trump on behalf of students of the failed Trump University, noted that the insurance paperwork has been "returned for correction"

"[The] court demands that the bond underwriter, Knight Insurance, provide more info about their own solvency and authorization to cover the bond. Is there something else shady in how Trump's bond is being handled?" Snell wrote on X on Wednesday.

Wednesday's New York County Supreme Court notice read:

"The court has returned the documents listed below for the following reasons: Please include a current financial statement and Power of Attorney. Additionally, please list the name of the Attorney-in-Fact under the signature line on the Undertaking. Please use the 'Refile Document' link for Doc. No. 1707 to resubmit the corrected filing. Thank you and have a great day."

I know everything connected to TFG is shady, but I wouldn't think he'd (bleep) this up.

Quote:
The company doesn’t appear to meet the state’s requirement that prohibits companies from putting more than 10% of their capital at risk, CBS News reported.

However, Knight Insurance president Amit Shah said the restriction doesn’t apply in Knight’s case.

“Knight Specialty Insurance Company is not a New York domestic insurer, and New York surplus lines laws do not regulate the solvency of non-New York excess lines insurers, so we don’t believe we need the 10% surplus,” he told CBS News.

Makes sense to me. The company isn't required to have the financial resources to back Trump because they aren't registered in New York.

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Trump's bond on hold?

kikanga wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
Makes sense to me. The company isn't required to have the financial resources to back Trump because they aren't registered in New York.

I'm not sure they can provide the bond as is.

Quote:
James took "exception to the sufficiency of the surety" given by Trump and the other defendants. She objected to the fact that the bond was issued by a company that is not an admitted carrier in New York, and lacks the certificate of qualification required by New York Insurance Law Section 1111.
Donald Trump Holds Presidential Campaign Rally In Green Bay, Wisconsin

"There seem to be serious issues," said Bruce H. Lederman, an attorney who has filed many bonds in New York, including for a real estate developer challenging a judgment. Lederman said he was struck by "glaring errors" in the bond..

"In all the years I've been doing this, you always have to have a certificate from the Department of Financial Services saying that you're licensed to issue a surety bond," he said, referring to the missing certificate of qualification.

Exactly my point. That quote by Knight Insurance President Amit Shah was unintentionally hilarious. Why would Knight not include audited financial statements? Why would Trump use Knight, when they aren't even registered in New York? And of course, where is the cash that Trump said he had on hand for the bond?

A court hearing on the bond has been scheduled for April 22nd.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Trump's bond on hold?

angrypuppy wrote:
kikanga wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

I'm not sure they can provide the bond as is.

Quote:
James took "exception to the sufficiency of the surety" given by Trump and the other defendants. She objected to the fact that the bond was issued by a company that is not an admitted carrier in New York, and lacks the certificate of qualification required by New York Insurance Law Section 1111.
Donald Trump Holds Presidential Campaign Rally In Green Bay, Wisconsin

"There seem to be serious issues," said Bruce H. Lederman, an attorney who has filed many bonds in New York, including for a real estate developer challenging a judgment. Lederman said he was struck by "glaring errors" in the bond..

"In all the years I've been doing this, you always have to have a certificate from the Department of Financial Services saying that you're licensed to issue a surety bond," he said, referring to the missing certificate of qualification.

Exactly my point. That quote by Knight Insurance President Amit Shah was unintentionally hilarious. Why would Knight not include audited financial statements? Why would Trump use Knight, when they aren't even registered in New York? And of course, where is the cash that Trump said he had on hand for the bond?

A court hearing on the bond has been scheduled for April 22nd

Cool, more delays
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Trump's lawyer Chris Kise said in a statement that the questions about the bond were baseless.

Knight owner Don Hankey and the company's president, Amit Shah, did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Knight has $539 million in assets, including $26.8 million in cash, it said in a court filing.

For those keeping score at home, that's not enough in assets or cash. First off, we don't know the equity which would be the assets minus the liabilities, which aren't disclosed here. But even if the liabilities were zero (which they are not), 10% of $539 million is $53.9 million. That isn't enough. And to state the obvious, $26.8 million in cash is dwarfed by $175 million. Knight needs $1.75 billion in assets, and would likely have to pledge cash, cash equivalents, and bonds to cover $175 million.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:10 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
DJT stock tanks.

If I were more familiar with day trading I would've 100% shorted $DJT. I was telling all my friends who love day trading to do it. I didn't think it would drop so fast but it's obviously going to collapse to its real market value. I saw the same thing with other meme stocks like $GME
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:34 am    Post subject:

300,000 jobs created in March.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:28 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

I checked the Fox "news" site and Breitbart. I couldn't find a mention of this.

Any conservatives lurking about want to comment as to why?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Rock Regrets Publicly Endorsing Biden in 2020 and Won’t Do It Again

Johnson added that he believed the Biden presidency has sown “division” in the country, repeating Fox-friendly platitudes about “cancel culture, woke culture, this culture, that culture” which he said “really bugs me.” He didn’t go into further detail about what that “division” looked like to him.

Daily Beast

I always liked the Rock. So I'm disappointed by his comments.
But it's always about the $ when it comes to public figures.
He's making his return back to wrestling. And he knows alot of that audience is right wing.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Pelosi joins call to halt U.S. weapons transfers to Israel

Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) signed onto a call by progressive members of Congress for the U.S. to stop transferring weapons to Israel over a strike that killed seven aid workers in Gaza.

Axios

I'm really surprised this most recent strike was a turning point.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:41 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Abortion will be on the ballot in Florida this November:

Quote:
Mark Joseph Stern @mjs_DC

NEW: The Florida Supreme Court simultaneously UPHOLDS the state's 15-week abortion ban (which lets the six-week ban take effect, too)—but also APPROVES a ballot initiative that would amend the FL constitution to protect abortion.

Quote:
Simon Rosenberg @SimonWDC

Republicans in Florida are going to be defending a six week abortion ban this November. It polls in the low 20s.

Yes!!! I sent petitions for me, my wife and my mother-in-law last year for this. So glad it made it!

Recreational marijuana will also be on the ballot.

I think (hope) both will pass. Unfortunately just like the time we gave people who had served their time the right to vote back, republicans will find a way to (bleep) with it. Guaranteed.

The issue with Florida is. Alot of Republicans from blue states like New York and New Jersey have moved there. As of last year. Republicans had a 600k voter registration advantage over Dems in Florida.

I appreciate Dems like you fighting the good fight there. Personally, I think North Carolina is more of a swing state than Florida nowadays.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:56 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
DJT stock tanks.

If I were more familiar with day trading I would've 100% shorted $DJT. I was telling all my friends who love day trading to do it. I didn't think it would drop so fast but it's obviously going to collapse to its real market value. I saw the same thing with other meme stocks like $GME

Shorting DJT wouldn't work because the short positions were costing 565%
https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/03/trump-media-is-the-most-expensive-us-stock-to-short-by-far.html
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:03 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Wilt wrote:

I checked the Fox "news" site and Breitbart. I couldn't find a mention of this.

Any conservatives lurking about want to comment as to why?

I'm left-wing, but conservatives did this to Obama, even as he got us out of the Great Recession and the job market and real estate market became robust once we got to 2014. Unemployment kept dropping, and it got under 5% in Obama's last year in office, which was lower than it ever was under Saint Reagan.

When Trump became president, the economy was still running off Obama's momentum and was starting to lose steam. But conservatives gave Trump all the credit for the drop in unemployment, even though almost all of it happened under Obama.

I've even heard some conservatives and non-liberals give Reagan credit for the economic turnaround in the second half of the 1990s, even though Reagan had long been out of office and probably couldn't recognize Nancy any more by that time.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Trump's bond on hold?

angrypuppy wrote:

Yeah, and I can drive 150 MPH in New York because my car has California tags and I have a California license.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Murdock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:03 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Leading Democrat Nancy Pelosi joins calls to halt US arms transfers to Israel

Dozens of congressional Democrats in the United States have signed a letter urging president Joe Biden and secretary of state Antony Blinken to halt the transfer of weapons to Israel, as internal pressure continues to ramp up against Washington’s unconditional support for the occupation and its war crimes in Gaza.

In the letter on Friday, it stated that “In light of the recent strike against aid workers and the ever-worsening humanitarian crisis, we believe it is unjustifiable to approve these weapons transfers” to Israel, referring to the Israeli military’s killing of seven Western humanitarian workers from the World Central Kitchen organization in what appeared to be precise and surgical strikes.

https://twitter.com/RepMarkPocan/status/1776365525985042443

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20240407-leading-democrat-nancy-pelosi-joins-calls-to-halt-us-arms-transfers-to-israel/

So, what is Joe to do?

And as an addendum, we have John Kirby state today...

Quote:
MARGARET BRENNAN: You said on Tuesday, the US has not found any incidents where the Israelis have violated international law. How far reaching is the US investigation of Israel?

KIRBY: I wouldn't call it a US investigation of Israel. We have a normal process the State Department runs and governs, where they take a look at incidents, particularly those that are being- operations being conducted by partner countries. And they look at them and they assess them against international law. And they're doing that in real time, Margaret. So, some of them may have looked at and concluded some they're still looking at it--

MARGARET BRENNAN: --So they may be in violation of international law?

KIRBY: Thus far- thus far, as I said the other day, we've not seen any indication they have violated international humanitarian law. But we take this seriously. They take it seriously at the State Department. And we'll keep looking at this.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-kirby-national-security-council-spokesperson-face-the-nation-transcript-04-07-2024/

Doesn't Pelosi and congressional Democrats trust the Biden administration state department?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3665, 3666, 3667 ... 3693, 3694, 3695  Next
Page 3666 of 3695
Jump to: