***LAKERS -at- Thunder 2/27/11 Game Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69, 70  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject:

OshadowO wrote:
Looking at the box score it seems like Kobe and Durant canceled each other out in the long run. Way too much Kobe in the final quarter. Gotta take the good with the bad I guess.

No- he knows better than this.

This was a rerun of game 3 vs OKC last year.

Game 5 he destroyed them by setting up the bigs time and time again and only looking for his shot in the flow of the offense.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject:

sonn wrote:
I love how they talk all game about the defence of OKC but barely mention the defence of the Lakers.

They talked about it the whole second half.

You getting a different feed up North ?
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
shansen008 wrote:
vedanta wrote:
We should have won this game by 8-10 points if we had not decided that 1 vs. 5 is smarter than 5 vs. 5.

Wow, you really going there?

Agree, Kobe went me-mode on a couple of possessions, tho he did hit a clutch shot, so I'm glad he didn't cost us the game

Blah Blah blah....kobe haters
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject:

thurloly wrote:
Artest with a clutch D on Durant at 1min mark.

Kobe with a big (bleep) you to the refs clutch shot.

Can't believe Gasol was the one making 2 great D at the end: with a charge and a contest on Durant's final 3.

Our team = CLUTCH!

Oh yeah baby!!!
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Last few possessions were still way too nervous. Odom choking the 2 free-throws. Lakers giving up 2 3-point attempts. And speaking of those attempts, why did Gasol just head down court and out of the picture after contesting the Durant 3? Geez...

because his momentum was carrying him forward after his great contest on durant since he was jumping forward with arms extended while leaning forward in an attempt to block/distract durant on his shot.

lakers locked down in the second half:

after a pretty poor defensive second quarter from pau, he stepped it up even in the minutes where 'drew was off the floor, doing a much better job of contesting shots.

'drew was an absolute beast all game. wonderful job of filling in all the gaps and covering for his teammates off of screens. pau finally started doing some of it in the second half, but 'drew was consistent with it all game long.

durant's nightmares of ron ron continue. you know you're in a guy's head when down the stretch he's rushing every shot even when he's got space on you because he's so grateful that you're not in his jersey for once.

blake, though again in some limited minutes against him, played westbrook very, very well and prevented all straight line penetration. he did a great job in the last game against the thunder as well against westbrook, but also in limited minutes. i would love to see more of this matchup to see if it was a fluke, but so far it's looking good.

just great play overall. great game, great win.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

babyskyhook wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Last few possessions were still way too nervous. Odom choking the 2 free-throws. Lakers giving up 2 3-point attempts. And speaking of those attempts, why did Gasol just head down court and out of the picture after contesting the Durant 3? Geez...

He came back into the key and got the rebound after the Harden miss. LO tipped it to him.

WHAT GAME WERE YOU WATCHING ??????

What game were you watching? Watch the replay. He contests Durant's shot, then suddenly he's out of the picture. Collison tips it to the area that Gasol could have been if he had stayed after the first attempt. Second miss he came racing on the Odom tip. Gasol should have stayed where he was after the initial contested shot. Lakers just barely escaped.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject:

RyderzDelight wrote:
Kobe said he didnt force anything...

babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

because his momentum was carrying him forward after his great contest on durant since he was jumping forward with arms extended while leaning forward in an attempt to block/distract durant on his shot.

lakers locked down in the second half:

after a pretty poor defensive second quarter from pau, he stepped it up even in the minutes where 'drew was off the floor, doing a much better job of contesting shots.

'drew was an absolute beast all game. wonderful job of filling in all the gaps and covering for his teammates off of screens. pau finally started doing some of it in the second half, but 'drew was consistent with it all game long.

durant's nightmares of ron ron continue. you know you're in a guy's head when down the stretch he's rushing every shot even when he's got space on you because he's so grateful that you're not in his jersey for once.

blake, though again in some limited minutes against him, played westbrook very, very well and prevented all straight line penetration. he did a great job in the last game against the thunder as well against westbrook, but also in limited minutes. i would love to see more of this matchup to see if it was a fluke, but so far it's looking good.

just great play overall. great game, great win.

Nailed it on all counts.
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject:

shansen008 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Bynum was fantastic today, naturally Phil sat him during clutch time.

Agreed. I really think the reason Phil plays Gasol in crunch time is to take advantage of the Kobe/Pau pick and roll. Since we usually go to Mamba in the final 6 minutes or so. It adds another weapon in the arsenal of Kobe ball options.

I really think thats all there is to it.

Bynum played wonderfully tonight. He played HARD. Its nice to see him coming into game shape the way he is, playing into it gradually. He played with force tonight on both ends. Hes getting that explosion back, hes challenging shots. Hes committing hard fouls. Hes sending a message i think. I think hes finally realizing that hes different than most guys, its something a lot of big men have to come to realize. See him throwing his body around sealing guys off tonight under the hoop? Before this year he hasnt been able to do that, and hes not quite 100% yet.

Props to Phil coincidentally for managing his playing time so as not to over due it and possibly cause another injury. Its frustrating for Drew sometimes and us fans, but Phil knows what he is doing. Barring any freak accidents, i think Drew is gonna hit his stride and be at full strength just in time for the playoffs.

good post man, 100% agree, i was pissed that bynum was not playing late in the 4th but we gotta see the bigger picture, take the chance with gasol who is still a very solid defender himself and monitor drew´s minutes
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

He came back into the key and got the rebound after the Harden miss. LO tipped it to him.

WHAT GAME WERE YOU WATCHING ??????

What game were you watching? Watch the replay. He contests Durant's shot, then suddenly he's out of the picture. Collison tips it to the area that Gasol could have been if he had stayed after the first attempt. Second miss he came racing on the Odom tip. Gasol should have stayed where he was after the initial contested shot. Lakers just barely escaped.

see mhan's response above. saved me the trouble.
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject:

it's not going to be a pretty win every time.. it's not always going to be in the flow of the offense.. in fact, it shouldn't.. because it's never going to be that way in the playoffs.. no good defensive team is going to allow you to run the triangle and its slow side to side movement and cuts to the basket that lead to pretty plays.. it's not going to be Gasol/Bynum holding their positions to get the ball.. often Gasol was pushed out after he got the ball... you do have to take the "good with the bad".. the only problem I had with Kobe was him trying to back down Harden and not changing it up enough...

it comes down to who wants it more.. who is going to rebound and show energy on defense as a team.

Last edited by rpadma12 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakergal16
Star Player
Star Player

See what happens when you come out strong in the 3rd?
shansen008
Star Player
Star Player

ForumBlueFrank wrote:
Kobe was absolutely mauled out there. He was hacked across the arm all game long, slammed to the ground, whacked on the elbow, hip checked. The refs should be embarassed.

There really is no way you can defend his treatment by this league. This game for me was confirmation of what ive always believed. Its all the proof i need of the bias against this 24 perpetuated by the league and officials.

This is what enforced PARITY gets you, you guys. It gets you an entertainment product that makes a lot of $$$ for but a few elites, that often resembles the sport of basketball.

Im just thankful that we are sometimes able to play through it and come out wit a win. Makes me want to vomit a little bit, because Stern loved this game too. Lakers win or lose this game, the league wins....if its close even better. Tell me the Lakers would not have cruised to a voctory had this game been called fairly? If that was that case, then also tell me that many viewers would have tuned out and stopped watching the game? How much would Kia and T-mobile been willing to pay for commercial time with less eyeballs attached to it?

Parity = Smoke and Mirrors.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

And that's what I initially thought had happened too, but when I saw the replay it's pretty clear that Gasol started backpedaling after he contested the shot. Oh well... winning ugly is still winning.
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Im sure the officiating will be a joke. OKC is becoming another Portland/Utah.

called it right.
lakerboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Team of the 80's wrote:
lakerboy wrote:
haven't watched the whole game (only the last 1min). kobe played that bad?

Perhaps you should go back to sleep.

uhh, dude. something wrong with you?

i just asked a question based on what i have read here on the last few pages. no need to act like a (bleep)
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject:

LakerFanAlways wrote:
Another Laker blowout..gee Mitch..still don't think we needed any ya know..TRADES

nice way to give up on the season in the second quarter of a game in February.

"LakerFanAlways"
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject:

lounger wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:

called it right.

Fts were about even throughout the game.

Bad calls sure, but nothing like last year's playoffs.
OshadowO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
OshadowO wrote:
Looking at the box score it seems like Kobe and Durant canceled each other out in the long run. Way too much Kobe in the final quarter. Gotta take the good with the bad I guess.

No- he knows better than this.

This was a rerun of game 3 vs OKC last year.

Game 5 he destroyed them by setting up the bigs time and time again and only looking for his shot in the flow of the offense.

Oh he definitely knows better he just doesn't seem to do the obvious. I'd be pretty pissed had we lsot but the lakers escaped fortunately, despite Kobe's worst efforts so for now I'll take it. He's been pretty good generally so it's a tolerable flaw.
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Lakers need to focus on gaining HCA over Boston, Miami and Chicago, as well as Dallas. From here on out, they have to lose no more than 3 games the rest of the season for that to be possible. Looking at Dallas schedule, they won't lose more than 5-6 more games, barring something dramatic. Lakers have got to win all the home games and lose no more than 3 road games. It's not going to be easy.

@ Minnesota (W)
@ San Antonio (toss-up)
@ Atlanta (toss-up)
@ Miami (likely L)
@ Dallas (toss up-absolute must win)
@ Golden State (W)
@ Portland (likely L)
@ Sacramento (W)

That's the road games left. They have to find a way to grab two games on the coming road trip and can afford the loss to Portland. Outside of that, they need to rack up the wins.
shansen008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
LakerEric wrote:
shansen008 wrote:
vedanta wrote:
We should have won this game by 8-10 points if we had not decided that 1 vs. 5 is smarter than 5 vs. 5.

HELL YES MR. BLINDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Truth hurts.

No, what hurts is 0 fta for the best player in the world. I agree we would have cruised to victory, but Kobe doing what he does every fourth quarter was not the reason we didnt. Kobe should have been at the ft line 10+ times tonight...thats just on the obvious calls. If he gets his average we CRUISE.

Whats Phils winning percentage in LA since Kobe has been the #1 option? Im gonna guess best in the league....and hes done that with the same recipe every year, which includes Kobe closing games. Hes the most potent offensive weapon the game has ever seen. You can take away about 6 of his fga tonight if they actually call some fouls on whoever the Kobe stopper of the year is.that particular game.

Look at the fouls OKC was getting on the other end for relatively little contact. WHo was it Harden or West brook that was gliding to the hoop and a man slid over over and barely touched him for a foul. Then Kobe becomes the filling of an OKC oreo sandwich and practically is clotheslined in mid air for a no call. Out of bounds.

Yes we should have won easily by 8-10+, but not because we didnt run our offense at the end, in fact we were doing exactly what we always do. Go apply for the head coaching job if you dont liek it...but im thinking they are gonna go with whats gotten them to two chips in the last 3 years.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
no trade at the deadline.

Oh nobody, not you too........ in the 2nd quarter.

you're a quality poster- you know better than that.
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject:

This was a good win with everyone contributing. People did their part. One thing that has bothered me all season is, while Kobe is involving his team mates a lot, during crunch time he thinks, even when shooting poorly, that he can 'will his way to success.' There has to be other weapons available to close games now that Kobe is in some injury and decline.

I thought Ron did very well on the D end. Odom's choke of free throws at the end is indicative of his sliding a bit since right before the AS break. The bench was okay (each had moments.)
shansen008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
lounger wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:

called it right.

Fts were about even throughout the game.

Bad calls sure, but nothing like last year's playoffs.

A game where the free throws are even does not mean the game was officiated fairly.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject:

shansen008 wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
LakerEric wrote:
shansen008 wrote:
vedanta wrote:

HELL YES MR. BLINDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Truth hurts.

No, what hurts is 0 fta for the best player in the world. I agree we would have cruised to victory, but Kobe doing what he does every fourth quarter was not the reason we didnt. Kobe should have been at the ft line 10+ times tonight...thats just on the obvious calls. If he gets his average we CRUISE.

Whats Phils winning percentage in LA since Kobe has been the #1 option? Im gonna guess best in the league....and hes done that with the same recipe every year, which includes Kobe closing games. Hes the most potent offensive weapon the game has ever seen. You can take away about 6 of his fga tonight if they actually call some fouls on whoever the Kobe stopper of the year is.that particular game.

Look at the fouls OKC was getting on the other end for relatively little contact. WHo was it Harden or West brook that was gliding to the hoop and a man slid over over and barely touched him for a foul. Then Kobe becomes the filling of an OKC oreo sandwich and practically is clotheslined in mid air for a no call. Out of bounds.

Yes we should have won easily by 8-10+, but not because we didnt run our offense at the end, in fact we were doing exactly what we always do. Go apply for the head coaching job if you dont liek it...but im thinking they are gonna go with whats gotten them to two chips in the last 3 years.

I agree that Kobe got completely douched by the refs today. No dispute there.

However, he came out way to aggressive in the first, then did so again for the entire 4th quarter.

He's the greatest player in the game. Top 5 all time.

But you can't win taking tough contested jumpers all game long.

He needs to play with better balance between scoring and facilitating, which has has for the vast majority of the year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 68 of 70
Jump to: