*** Lakers - Vs - Nets *** (4-3-2012) Game Thread ( Bynum Out Per-ESPN's Dave McMenamin. )
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kb24goldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: *** Lakers - Vs - Nets *** (4-3-2012) Game Thread ( Bynum Out Per-ESPN's Dave McMenamin. )

10:30 PM ET, April 3, 2012
STAPLES Center, Los Angeles, CA
Coverage: FOX WEST

Steaming Game Links ★★★

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/116946/1/watch-los-angeles-lakers-vs-new-jersey-nets.html

http://www.nbaliveonline.com/nbalive/watch/?match=H&link=1&game=New%20Jersey%20Nets%20at%20Los%20Angeles%20Lakers

LakerFan4 wrote:
No Andrew Bynum tonight per ESPN's Dave McMenamin.

LakerFan4 wrote:
SHOOTAROUND PREVIEW: http://on.nba.com/HeuxAg Darvin Ham & @LakersReporter break down tonight's game against the Nets.

Referee Assignments

Jason Phillips ---Bennie Adams --- JT Orr

Mike Trudell:

Quote:
Andrew Bynum (ankle) did not participate in shootaround, instead getting treatment, as expected. He's a game time decision.

Just For You " Lakers First " I will be a Team Player

http://espn.go.com/nba/preview?id=320403013

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview?gid=2012040313

Nets-Lakers Preview

The Los Angeles Lakers seem to have survived what could have been a crushing blow to their championship aspirations with center Andrew Bynum having avoided serious injury.

The New Jersey Nets haven't been able to rely on their star big man much at all this season, but they've proved to be fairly formidable of late.

The Pacific Division-leading Lakers try for an eighth consecutive victory over the visiting Nets, who look to extend their longest winning streak in more than a year to four Tuesday night.

One night after defeating New Orleans 88-85, Los Angeles (33-20) beat Golden State 120-112 on Sunday behind 40 points from Kobe Bryant. Pau Gasol scored 26 points and Ramon Sessions added 23 for the Lakers, who found themselves short-handed after Bynum exited in the first quarter with a sprained left ankle.

Averaging 22.9 points and 64.6 percent shooting in his previous 15 games, Bynum said afterward that he would definitely play Tuesday. It remains to be seen if he'll suit up, though.

"Hopefully he won't (miss any games) because he's a big presence for us defensively and offensively," Gasol said. "He's become such a point of reference for our team. If he does need to rest then obviously rebounding is one area that everybody needs to make sure we make a conscious effort and it needs to be covered."

If Bynum does play, he won't have to worry about slowing down Brook Lopez, who's out with a sprained right ankle. Lopez also broke his right foot during the preseason and has appeared in five games this season for the Nets (19-35), who have recently picked up the pace despite the absence of their starting center.

Winner of four of five, New Jersey has kicked off its four-game road swing with back-to-back victories to extend its winning streak to three. The Nets haven't taken four in a row since a five-game run March 4-14, 2011.

"We're playing better defensively, which is helping us on offense," point guard Deron Williams told the league's official website. "We're giving a good team effort. It's different guys stepping up ... We're just getting great, great team efforts night in and night out."

Ranking near the bottom of the league with 93.1 points per game, New Jersey has averaged 104.3 during its streak and continued its offensive surge in a 111-99 win at Sacramento on Saturday. The Nets outscored the Kings 60-41 over the second and third quarters.

Williams had 19 points and 15 assists while Anthony Morrow went 6 of 11 from 3-point range and scored 24.

"This is huge. Everybody's playing loose, playing confident," Morrow said. "Coach (Avery Johnson) is really being patient and everything. He's showing a lot of confidence in us and we're showing a lot of confidence in the coaching staff. Everything's working well. We've just got to continue play like we're playing now."

Recently acquired Gerald Wallace seems to finally be getting comfortable with his new team. He's averaged 21.0 points, 12.0 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 4.0 steals over the last two games after scoring 14.0 points with 6.1 rebounds a contest in his first seven with the Nets.

"Even though it's a team game, a lot of (our success) has to do with Gerald Wallace," Johnson said. "It's his defense, his competitive spirit. He settles our team down when we are getting out of sorts."

Los Angeles has outscored New Jersey by an average of 15.2 points during its seven-game run in the series, with Bryant averaging 29.5 points and 53.8 percent shooting in the last four. He scored 27 as the Lakers overcame 35 points from Lopez in the last meeting to win 100-88 on Jan. 14, 2011.

Did you Know !!! In elementary school and middle school, Deron Williams won two state wrestling championships.

Did you Know !!! Ramon Sessions was the first NBA player to be assigned to the NBA Development League in the 2007–08 season, when he was sent by the Bucks to the Tulsa 66ers;

Points ★ ★ ★ Rebounds ★ ★ ★ Assists ★ ★ ★
NJ Williams 21.6 Humphries 10.9 Williams 8.6
LAL Bryant 28.1 Bynum 11.9 Sessions 6.8

Injury Report ✖ ✖ ✖

Lakers - Andrew Bynum C Ankle Ques Tues - 4/2/12

Christian Eyenga G Toe Out indefinitely - 3/16/12

Nets - Shelden Williams F Eye Early April - 3/29/12

Jordan Farmar G Groin Early April - 3/26/12

Brook Lopez C Ankle Mid April - 3/23/12

Damion James F Foot out for season - 1/27/12

New Jersey - Vs - Los Angeles

19-35 W-L 33-20
93.1 Avg Points 96.3
98.7 Avg Points Allowed 93.9
7-19 Home Record 22-5
12-16 Road Record 11-15
W3 Current Streak W2
4-6 Last 10 6-4

Let's GO BABY !!! ( Dick Vitale Voice )

We have won 2 games in a row and It was Bryant's 112th career game with at least 40 points. The Lakers improved to 77-35 in those games. Sessions showed his nice speed and ability to attack the basket and make those shots last game , He is also doing good with his 3 point shot which is a good thing to see , Andrew Bynum went down with a moderate ankle sprain and we wish the big fella a speedy recovery . Troy Murphy had the type of game that we need from him off of the bench with a + 18 rating and making 2 out of 3 Three Pointers , It is also nice to see that McRoberts seems to be getting more confidence out there and playing with energy on the defense of side of the ball .

If you only have a couple of beers left from the weekend it's o.k just grab something light on the stomach and get your popcorn ready to watch Sessions - Vs - Williams !!! If Sessions can hold his own against him then that will be Great to see .

Lakers Last 5 Games

3/25/2012 Memphis L 102 - 96

3/27/2012 at Golden State W 104 - 101

3/29/2012 Oklahoma City L 102 - 93

3/31/2012 New Orleans W 88 - 85

4/1/2012 Golden State W 120 - 112

Next 5 Games

4/3/2012 New Jersey 10:30 PM

4/4/2012 L.A. Lakers 10:30 PM

4/6/2012 Houston 10:30 PM

4/7/2012 at Phoenix 10:00 PM

4/9/2012 at New Orleans 8:00 PM

Team Stat Leaders Points - Assist - Rebounds

Points ★★ G ★★ PPG ★★ PTS

K.Bryant 53 --- 28.1 --- 1489

P.Gasol 53 --- 17.0 --- 902

A.Bynum 49 --- 17.9 --- 879

Assists ★★ G ★★ APG ★★ AST

R.Sessions 51 --- 5.5 --- 280

K.Bryant 53 --- 4.6 --- 246

P.Gasol 53 --- 3.4 --- 179

Rebounds ★★ P ★★ RPG ★★ REB

A.Bynum 49 --- 11.9 --- 585

P.Gasol 53 --- 10.5 --- 556

K.Bryant 53 --- 5.5 --- 291

Last edited by Kb24goldenChild on Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:04 pm; edited 8 times in total
SilverBullet
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Damn. You posting news article now? You should make a separate thread for that. I believe Cha is doing that.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Lakers will have a big lead going into the half only to piss it away again. It'll come down to the wire.
Swift
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Has to be a W.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Jersey will be no push over. They have had 2 full days off and have won 3 in a row. I expect another close game. Go Lakers!
Kb24goldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Lakers First wrote:
Damn. You posting news article now? You should make a separate thread for that. I believe Cha is doing that.

What are you talking about ?? This is A " Game Thread " Information for and about the up-coming game
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Need all the wins we can get.

GO LAKERS!!!
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Kb24goldenChild wrote:
Lakers First wrote:

What are you talking about ?? This is A " Game Thread " Information for and about the up-coming game

Nice work Kb24, saved me all that trouble.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Please blowout DWill and the woeful Nets.

Last 9 of 10 games have either finished within 8 points or have been losses, I expect a blowout one of these days. Come on, no more tight games.
Triple-Threat-Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Ramon vs D-Will

Blake vs Farmar

thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Rick12322 wrote:
Kb24goldenChild wrote:
Lakers First wrote:

I love reading something couple minutes before the game starts.

Kb24 really provides that....good read.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject:

A Day in the Life wrote:
Ramon vs D-Will

Blake vs Farmar

They have the advantage in both matchups.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Too bad Farmar's out for tomorrow night. He used to be the Taco Defender, I was looking forward to his new role as the Taco Offender.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan4 wrote:
A Day in the Life wrote:
Ramon vs D-Will

Blake vs Farmar

They have the advantage in both matchups.

I think Farmar will be out...
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/basketball/nba/03/26/jordan.farmar.nets.ap/index.html

Farmar has again aggravated it, and his status won't be discussed again until April 5.
dna.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject:

thurloly wrote:
Rick12322 wrote:
Kb24goldenChild wrote:
Lakers First wrote:

Agreed. Your game threads are awesome. So far I've found something I didn't already know in all of them. Please keep up the great work
Kb24goldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject:

dna. wrote:
thurloly wrote:
Rick12322 wrote:
Kb24goldenChild wrote:
Lakers First wrote:

Agreed. Your game threads are awesome. So far I've found something I didn't already know in all of them. Please keep up the great work

Thank you for the support and the kind words I want to do so much more with these threads but I am waiting to hear back from one of the Moderators
Kb24goldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject:

thurloly wrote:
Rick12322 wrote:
Kb24goldenChild wrote:
Lakers First wrote:

Thank you
Kb24goldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Rick12322 wrote:
Kb24goldenChild wrote:
Lakers First wrote:

Thank you
Arbitrary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Let's go Lakers!
SilverBullet
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Kb24goldenChild wrote:
Lakers First wrote:

True. But "articles information" (which is not even wrote by you) should be posted in another thread because it always been that way around here as it seems. So people can go there and read articles. Here is more of a game-thread.
SilverBullet
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Also, please cite the links to the sources that you got next time because people might mistake you took someone else article and made it seems like it is yours. Just to be fair for writers in general; writers deserve credits for wrote their stuff.

Here's the link to the article that posted in the very first post:

http://m.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012-04-02/nets-lakers-preview

Kb24goldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Lakers First wrote:
Kb24goldenChild wrote:
Lakers First wrote:

True. But "articles information" (which is not even wrote by you) should be posted in another thread because it always been that way around here as it seems. So people can go there and read articles. Here is more of a game-thread.

Well I appreciate you coming at me in a mature way as an adult and that is something to think about , But I have put website links to certain information in my threads about certain things before , I also always write my own preview/notes and thoughts about the game under my " Let's Go Baby " line , I have never thought to put the " LAKERS Vs. Team X preview link in the game thread because most of the time it is just a small preview from espn , If I ever post a " Full story " from someone then yea ! I would put the source of which it came from but not just for a simple preview of the game !! And I do not go around trying to find articles about the teams for the game and post them up ,

Once again thank you for being mature about it , but keep in mind that this is still going to be a thread about information of the game without every single link from every single stat or preview posted up just to give the writers credit when most of this info is simply stats and not full written Articles
Kb24goldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Lakers First wrote:
Also, please cite the links to the sources that you got next time because people might mistake you took someone else article and made it seems like it is yours. Just to be fair for writers in general; writers deserve credits for wrote their stuff.

Here's the link to the article that posted in the very first post:

http://m.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012-04-02/nets-lakers-preview

I appreciate your effort foe the links provided but I did not get the story from those websites I always get my information from espn and USAToday " And for the most part my Laker Family it should me common since if you have ever followed my Game Threads that the first article is always just a small simple preview of the game and you can tell that I did not write it .
SilverBullet
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Kb24goldenChild wrote:
Lakers First wrote:
Kb24goldenChild wrote:
Lakers First wrote:

Well I appreciate you coming at me in a mature way as an adult and that is something to think about , But I have put website links to certain information in my threads about certain things before , I also always write my own preview/notes and thoughts about the game under my " Let's Go Baby " line , I have never thought to put the " LAKERS Vs. Team X preview link in the game thread because most of the time it is just a small preview from espn , If I ever post a " Full story " from someone then yea ! I would put the source of which it came from but not just for a simple preview of the game !! And I do not go around trying to find articles about the teams for the game and post them up ,

Once again thank you for being mature about it , but keep in mind that this is still going to be a thread about information of the game without every single link from every single stat or preview posted up just to give the writers credit when most of this info is simply stats and not full written Articles

And thank you for responding maturely too. But I think that "preview" that you called is like 2/3 of an article already. So I think it's important to include the author or link to it for Writer's reasons. Also, just a suggestion, I think it would be better to read things wrote by your own words only. I like the way you make game thread. And I like reading what you got to say. And I'm being honest. It's refreshing. Not trying to be a jerk, just saying how I see it. Keep it up.
Kb24goldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Lakers First wrote:
Kb24goldenChild wrote:
Lakers First wrote:
Kb24goldenChild wrote:
Lakers First wrote:

And thank you for responding maturely too. But I think that "preview" that you called is like 2/3 of an article already. So I think it's important to include the author or link to it for Writer's reasons. Also, just a suggestion, I think it would be better to read things wrote by your own words only. I like the way you make game thread. And I like reading what you got to say. And I'm being honest. It's refreshing. Not trying to be a jerk, just saying how I see it. Keep it up.

Your welcome and I will add the links in there right now and take your advice

I myself do like writing a small detailed story about the game but sometimes people around here can be very critical of what you have to say so I keep it short and simple and that is the only reason I post the ESPN or Yahoo Game preview in the GT so that everyone can come here and find what they also would see on ESPN to save them the time of having not to go find it there selves
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 1 of 60
Jump to: