Tanking for Duke's Parker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
in before the holier than all fans come and saw we dont tank and want 5+ seasons of hovering aroun .500

Problem is you and those who are for tanking have no power over how the draft will go. By forcing your view as the most legit and logical way for the next five seasons, ask yourself who the holier-than-thou-arts are.

What's next? Tanking for rejuvenated Smush Parker?
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
andrew harrison is the most skilled PG - will that shine through this year? idk.

Exum isnt skilled enough for me. his offensive game is identical to a Batum or Loul Deng. . . not worth a top 5 pick . star wings have a GREAT ability to create off the dribble - he has the ability of a Deng/Batum.
uh you do realize Batum can literally do everything right? pass, shoot, dribble drive, run, set up in the half court. play lock down defense, on SF's, solid d on SG's, and a little d on PF's.
very athletic, super long. no he wont average 20 per but with touches he can average between 14 to 18 per, while knocking down the 3ball, snagging lots of boards, playing solid to very good defense, and setting up teammate. all from the SF position. the only other guy in the nba that can do that and isnt a star(anymore) is Iggy from gstate.

think about that for a minute. and batum has the better 3ball of the two.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Coming into the season i was optimistic that we could make a run in the playoffs if Gasol turned back into his 2009 form. Now we have no chance, Gasol is not the same player it would be useless to fight for the 8 seed and end up getting swept by Okc or the Spurs and lose out on a chance to get a great player in the draft.

At this point were better off losing as many games as possible to end up with a top 3 pick. Wiggins,Parker, and Randle will all be superstars imo im not sure about Gordon or Smart. If we can just get in the top 3 were going to get a great player.

Wiggins has the most potential he could be almost as good as Lebron or at worse Dominique Wilkins but he isn't polished offensively yet like Parker.

Parker ceiling is Carmello Anthony with better play making but he doesn't have the elite athleticism like Wiggins,Lebron, Jordan,Kobe. He can't physically dominate a game like those guys he will be like Peirce and beat you with high basketball IQ.

Randle ceiling is Webber/Grant Hill/Josh Smith hybrid. He can do everything on the court and is super athletic for a guy that's 6'10 250 lbs. He does need to improve his defense but he has the tools to do it.

Wiggins and Parker are both great players and would be stoked if we got either but i would take Randle. Randle is the most complete player and looks like a 20/10/4 type player. He can bring the ball up like a pg, shoot the 3, rebound, and is a good passer.

This league has been dominated by great power forwards like Duncan, Dirk, KG that has has been top playoff seeds and has had great success over the years. I think Randle has the talent to have the same success of those guys just have to build around him i.e Irving,Rondo in free agency.
Happy213
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject:

GP1_KB24 wrote:
Wiggins > everyone

Wiggins OVER everyonee.

play out the first 20 games. see where we stand, why would you risk bringing the goat back so soon to just totally end his career. (high possibility)
the coming draft class is one of the rare and perfect time for the purple&gold to sacrifice for the future.

on a side note. i really hope Nash retires next year. I want his contract totally gone.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
andrew harrison is the most skilled PG - will that shine through this year? idk.

Exum isnt skilled enough for me. his offensive game is identical to a Batum or Loul Deng. . . not worth a top 5 pick . star wings have a GREAT ability to create off the dribble - he has the ability of a Deng/Batum.
uh you do realize Batum can literally do everything right? pass, shoot, dribble drive, run, set up in the half court. play lock down defense, on SF's, solid d on SG's, and a little d on PF's.
very athletic, super long. no he wont average 20 per but with touches he can average between 14 to 18 per, while knocking down the 3ball, snagging lots of boards, playing solid to very good defense, and setting up teammate. all from the SF position. the only other guy in the nba that can do that and isnt a star(anymore) is Iggy from gstate.

think about that for a minute. and batum has the better 3ball of the two.

i wasnt comparing his whole game to batum, just his offensive game, in particular his scoring. didnt mean to put Exum on Batum's complete level.
AIRZOOMKOBE2k5
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject:

dao wrote:
at the end of the year, I hope all of you pious LG monks will be glad we have a mediocre prospect coming off a first round sweep, when we should have had a franchise player by doing the smart thing. There are future superstars in this draft, and we're pissing it away for a SHOT at a first round exit.

Tell that to 3.0
theunknownsoldier
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
in before the holier than all fans come and saw we dont tank and want 5+ seasons of hovering aroun .500

And you are one of the few humble non holier than fans? lol.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject:

Why don't we start a thread for every freaking draft prospect we should be tanking for. Better yet, why don't we do that in that section of the board that's made for dumb azz shiz like this. You want to talk draft prospects, great. Do it somewhere else.
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject:

The Lakers organization DOES NOT HAVE A LOSER'S MENTALITY!
wjot1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject:

AIRZOOMKOBE2k5 wrote:
dao wrote:
at the end of the year, I hope all of you pious LG monks will be glad we have a mediocre prospect coming off a first round sweep, when we should have had a franchise player by doing the smart thing. There are future superstars in this draft, and we're pissing it away for a SHOT at a first round exit.

Tell that to 3.0

SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject:

at this point i would say no to Parker unless others taken already. in today's NBA it's crucial to have a top notch PG or a perimeter player who has playmaking ability (LeBron, Paul George). Parker will be a scoring PF Lakers can not afford, because we need to address our future PG/playmaker first.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

Problem is you and those who are for tanking have no power over how the draft will go. By forcing your view as the most legit and logical way for the next five seasons, ask yourself who the holier-than-thou-arts are.

What's next? Tanking for rejuvenated Smush Parker?

Theres 10-12 players that would help us and be cheap contract for a couple of yrs and sign FA this yr and next. Worst position to be in is 1st round sweep and also have a bad pick.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject:

After he recovered from his high school senior season injury and verbally committed to Duke, Parker was projected by the press as a true freshman starter for Duke. Parker has stated that his expectation of himself will be to fill in Ryan Kelly's shoes, stating "I'll replace what Ryan Kelly has done, I play the same position, we're about the same size. I can pick up what he laid down"
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject:

At this point, I think more highly of Wiggins and Randle as NBA prospects, but I don't see why people think Parker can't be an NBA SF.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
At this point, I think more highly of Wiggins and Randle as NBA prospects, but I don't see why people think Parker can't be an NBA SF.

Wiggins and Randle are my current top 2, but Parker has a reputation for gaining a lot of bulk. Since he's not an elite level athlete like other stars, he would make up for it in strength and length, similar to Carmelo Anthony for Team USA.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

Wiggins and Randle are my current top 2, but Parker has a reputation for gaining a lot of bulk. Since he's not an elite level athlete like other stars, he would make up for it in strength and length, similar to Carmelo Anthony for Team USA.

I'm not saying he can't double as a small lineup PF like Anthony, but he can be a SF no problem, regardless of his lack of elite athleticism. Pierce didn't have elite athleticism either. Also, is an 8'8 standing reach good length for a PF?
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject:

this kid is a proven winner. so far his teams have won everything, everywhere, unlike wiggins
MambaMentality
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Parker is not athletic? Sure, he can't jump out of the gym like Westbrook nor is he freakishly strong like Shaq or LeBron, but come on. You guys are making him seem like Shawn Bradley 2.0
MambaMentality
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
this kid is a proven winner. so far his teams have won everything, everywhere, unlike wiggins

A lot of people are overlooking this. He won four straight state titles in Illinois. Rose never did that. MJ never did that.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Drifts wrote:
GP1_KB24 wrote:
Wiggins > everyone

I like Wiggins like many, but he seems to lack that swagger that phenoms like Kobe or Lebron had

the next Tracy McGrady anyone?

as a matter of fact, Wiggins' demeanor reminds me of Tracy Mcgrady a lot. I think Randle displays more fire and enthusiasm than him.

Regardless, the teams with the top two picks in next year's draft are getting great players.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
mastersworddude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject:

Would Mitch pick a Duke player in the top 10?
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject:

Parker isn't even a top 3 candidate right now. May not be top 4. We'll see.
MambaMentality
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:

u mad
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject:

MambaMentality wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:

u mad

What would I be mad about? Wiggins, Randle, and Exum are better prospects right now. Aaron Gordon and Marcus Smart could be better prospects as well. Draft Express has Parker going 7th currently.
MambaMentality
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
MambaMentality wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:

u mad

What would I be mad about? Wiggins, Randle, and Exum are better prospects right now. Aaron Gordon and Marcus Smart could be better prospects as well. Draft Express has Parker going 7th currently.

Draft Express

Same site that once had Austin Rivers as the 5th best prospect of his batch

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure that I don't watch as much college hoops as those guys (I only watch big games for the most part), but I can't accept how Exum, Gordon and Smart can be ranked higher than Parker. Gordon has Marvin Williams 2.0 written all over him, while Exum and Smart are both decent prospects with a chance to be special, but not on Parker's level. I can understand why Wiggins and Randle are ranked higher, but that's it.

Be that as it may, I'm also willing to concede that it's still way too early in the season and anything can still happen. For all we know, Wiggins/Parker may drop out of the Top 5 if they have Shabazz-esque seasons and a new guy ascends to #1.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7
Jump to: