Eyes on the Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject:

^Thank you. A lot to break down there.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
^Thank you. A lot to break down there.

Looking forward to your thoughts, Mike.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:15 am    Post subject:

http://lakeshowlife.com/2014/03/09/andrew-wiggins-41-point-breakdown/

wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject:

Appreciate the work, Mike.

Wiggins showing he can step up and be an aggressive primary scorer. Just not sure he can do this on a consistent basis.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ShadyG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:10 am    Post subject:

Wiggins is going to need more bulk if he wants to start converting And-1's. I'm seeing a lot of fouls drawn due to his elite speed and athleticism, and then he misses every last subsequent bucket. In addition to your point about absorbing bumps on the way to the cup, 10-15 lbs of additional muscle and he can start making defenders doubt the wisdom of trying to foul him.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject:

ShadyG wrote:
Wiggins is going to need more bulk if he wants to start converting And-1's. I'm seeing a lot of fouls drawn due to his elite speed and athleticism, and then he misses every last subsequent bucket. In addition to your point about absorbing bumps on the way to the cup, 10-15 lbs of additional muscle and he can start making defenders doubt the wisdom of trying to foul him.
he doesnt need to bulk up. he just needs to get stronger. is KD big? NOPE. still beyond thin. yet he can make an and 1. how? he's much stronger then he was his rookie season.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Appreciate the work, Mike.

Wiggins showing he can step up and be an aggressive primary scorer. Just not sure he can do this on a consistent basis.
you will never be sure just like you were not sure kobe could be someoone's #1 until shaq left.

wiggins plays on a team with 2 other bonafide ballers. if he was on a team like KD in college where it was just him for the most part. wiggins would then be averagign 20+ easily.
ShadyG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
ShadyG wrote:
he doesnt need to bulk up. he just needs to get stronger. is KD big? NOPE. still beyond thin. yet he can make an and 1. how? he's much stronger then he was his rookie season.

It's a whole big combination of things. Strength can help him get to the rim, be it pushing in for better starting position or bumping through resistance in a drive. Pure mass of any composition will decrease his change of velocity when hit in the air. Then there's just the Kobe-style commitment to practicing converting shots when fouled, so that when your strength and mass are not enough you can find a way to get the ball through the hoop.
junosiojo
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Its either Exum or Jabari Parker for me. Exum in the sense that they want a star PG that they can build their team around. Jabari Parker sounds good though if ever we can get him somehow. What do you guys think?

iTunes/Tune In Radio: The Half Court Heave Podcast
Twitter: @junosiojo
Money23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Jabari Parker is cool and all but I'm worried that he is a tweener and the inability to have a true position due to his lack of lateral movement and defense could have him become the next Michael Beasley/Derrick Williams
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Money23 wrote:
Jabari Parker is cool and all but I'm worried that he is a tweener and the inability to have a true position due to his lack of lateral movement and defense could have him become the next Michael Beasley/Derrick Williams
this this and more this^^^ i'm afraid.
Jajwanda
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject:

He's 6-9 and has a decent wingspan. There's no similarity between him and Williams. He pulls down boards and blocks shots.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
Money23 wrote:

No way.

Beasley was a beast in college, but clear character issues as a prospect. Short story - he's an idiot.

Williams had a great sophomore year, but he was clearly a 4 and everyone wanted to make him into a 3. He's a small ball 4.

Parker is a more well-rounded player and by all accounts has great character. He reminds me of Pierce - everyone says he's too slow and can't defend, but he gets it done. And he's clearly able to play the 3 on offense - he can handle the ball better than both players mentioned and has better perimeter skills.

I'll bet on Jabari all day, this guy will be an all-star. He has "it".
Jajwanda
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject:

If they can get Parker+Bachysnki that'd be a heck of a draft. Not sure why Bachysnki isn't projected a little higher than he is.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Money23 wrote:

No way.

Beasley was a beast in college, but clear character issues as a prospect. Short story - he's an idiot.

Williams had a great sophomore year, but he was clearly a 4 and everyone wanted to make him into a 3. He's a small ball 4.

Parker is a more well-rounded player and by all accounts has great character. He reminds me of Pierce - everyone says he's too slow and can't defend, but he gets it done. And he's clearly able to play the 3 on offense - he can handle the ball better than both players mentioned and has better perimeter skills.

I'll bet on Jabari all day, this guy will be an all-star. He has "it".
so what is D Williams problem?

see i've stated this before. its been one to many times in the past 7 or so years where you have a thick 6'9ish guy thats probably closer to 6'8 in length. who is agile for his size, stronger then all of the guys in college. and he's one of the taller guys in college. this kind of player thats also 230+ is throwing these thin college dudes around like rag dolls. then.. you get to the nba. you can no longer back down most of your opponents, everyone is strong at this level sorry. you can no longer get your shot off with ease. gasol at 7 feet is guarding you, or a 6'11 lemarcus who is a non defender but is still long. to many of these type of meetings and you start 2nd guessing your own ability. so instead of going hard in the gym and trying to overcome that challenge. you fade and choose a side. you will end up being nothing more then a nice scorer who cant defend, or a nice rebounder. thats it. because you're two slow for durant and lbj. and you're too short for gasol, aldridge, etc.

why do you think kevin love turned to shooting? why do you think beasley did the same? why do you think the olny reason blake looks like he does is cause he has insane athleticism that helps him vs taller appointments. but yet if gasol and lo were on the same team. they would still make his life miserable with a low fg%.

do you not remember how good big baby was in college? beasting
beasley was a monster.

these kinds of guys scare me.

i mean sean may anyone.

i'm glad love switched over to be a scorer boarder and just said the hell with trying to stop people. cause he knew he couldnt keep up. i'm glad he dropped weight and went for the quick route. cause even at his size he wasnt stronger then most guys. and we all thought love would be a strong guy since high school. and now look at him chucking 3's. lol.

like i said, sure this guy could become the next prime larry johnson. OR beasley. we just dont know.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject:

DWilliams didn't polish his jumpshot like he did at Arizona.

You can be 6'8", athletic, with a 7'1" wingspan as a face up PF. If you get away with size at the NCAA level, you need the guard skills. David West is money from midrange. Thomas Robinson is making the same transition.

LaMarcus Aldridge doesn't have the strongest base. He shoots better than a lot of guards.

Beasley needed a disciplinarian. He had it at Kansas St. The NBA doesn't have time for that.

Romano338
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject:

What NBA career do you see for Doug McDermott?
He looks like a terrific shooter, his percentage are amazing, he definitely can boards.

And is Aaron Gordon really a high level defender? Because he doesn't seem too exceptionnal in offense but still he is announced high in the draft.
ShadyG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject:

Jabari is giving me a kind of Gerald Wallace feel.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject:

Romano338 wrote:
He looks like a terrific shooter, his percentage are amazing, he definitely can boards.

And is Aaron Gordon really a high level defender? Because he doesn't seem too exceptionnal in offense but still he is announced high in the draft.
the guy somewhat plays like david lee. but less pf ish, more sf'ish . in the nba, with a real pg running heavy pick n roll for him. as long as he seriously adds a jumper to his game. he can some what shoot now. but if he made it so he can hit 10 to 18 footers and the occasional 3ball. he's going to be a nice player in the nba.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject:

I saw Pitt play for the first time today. What's the scouting report on Lamar Patterson? I was impressed by his handles and court vision. Can he be a solid tweener in the NBA?
Jajwanda
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Is Bachysnki too slow to guard the P and R at the NBA level?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Jajwanda wrote:
Is Bachysnki too slow to guard the P and R at the NBA level?

Yes.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
I saw Pitt play for the first time today. What's the scouting report on Lamar Patterson? I was impressed by his handles and court vision. Can he be a solid tweener in the NBA?

I'll make it simple.

Like a SF/SG version of Rick Fox/Ryan Gomes. Better passing. He's one of my sleepers.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Romano338 wrote:

Szczerbiak. Shoot same. Curl same. Handle same.

He has flip shots in the paint, but they don't really run curls in the paint like that anymore.

70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:00 am    Post subject: Arizona Wildcat - Nick Johnson

I'm liking Arizona's Nick Johnson as a point guard prospect who could help the Lakers immediately at low cost. I've lost track of the club's status in terms of a second round pick. Do the Lakers own a second round pick ?

I have visions of him as a possible Dennis Johnson.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18
Jump to: