Bonzi Wells Releases Independent Report On “Jail Blazers” Locker Room Culture
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Can't spell gullible without L and G.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Quote:

“For the most part, the veterans weren’t subjected to this type of stuff. Pippen, Kerr, Arvydas Sabonis, Dale Davis; these guys were respected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j036SRKwElI#t=1m5s

Thanks for sharing, just watched that game.

Horace Grant was a beast, man.

Boy that game really gives you some perspective.

We live in a what have you done for me lately world, but this is a prime example of why Fisher should have his jersey retired by the Lakers. We remember what he did for us in 2010, those clutch shots. But this Portland game.

The lakers had won 8 straight games. Things looked great... on paper. Behind the scenes, the locker room was barely surviving. On thin ice. Kobe had been suffering from injuries all season. Meanwhile Portland was not as good as the year before. Their locker room was a mess (this thread). But they beat the Lakers twice and almost three times during the season.

Everything was riding on that game 1. If the Lakers lose, their locker room is destroyed. The ice breaks. They would be mentally crushed. The Blazers locker room would come together with a win. But just the same, with a loss, they would be crushed (and this was evident by the 13 consecutive terrible years that came after this point until finally this season they managed to get out of the first round).

And the game. Kobe and Shaq were no where. Shaq 3/12, Kobe hadn't made a field goal. They were no where. It was the role players that did their jobe. Grant held them aloft for a while in the first quarter. But Portland had the edge.

Until Fisher. Freaking Derek Fisher. The Lakers were about to give up, already in the second quarter, with their leading guys not scoring, but Fisher out of no where, healthy and confident, gets them going. He would keep the team alive until Fox could make the momentum play in the third quarter that gets the team - and Kobe and Shaq with it - finally going, leading to 19 consecutive points and the win, and with it the series, and with it the confidence, the locker room, the championship. 15-1 all time record.

Derek Fisher was the sole guy keeping them alive. He won't be hall of fame, but his jersey should be up there. Boy this is off topic.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Quote:

“For the most part, the veterans weren’t subjected to this type of stuff. Pippen, Kerr, Arvydas Sabonis, Dale Davis; these guys were respected.

We live in a what have you done for me lately world, but this is a prime example of why Fisher should have his jersey retired by the Lakers. We remember what he did for us in 2010, those clutch shots. But this Portland game.

The lakers had won 8 straight games. Things looked great... on paper. Behind the scenes, the locker room was barely surviving. On thin ice. Kobe had been suffering from injuries all season. Meanwhile Portland was not as good as the year before. Their locker room was a mess (this thread). But they beat the Lakers twice and almost three times during the season.

Everything was riding on that game 1. If the Lakers lose, their locker room is destroyed. The ice breaks. They would be mentally crushed. The Blazers locker room would come together with a win. But just the same, with a loss, they would be crushed (and this was evident by the 13 consecutive terrible years that came after this point until finally this season they managed to get out of the first round).

And the game. Kobe and Shaq were no where. Shaq 3/12, Kobe hadn't made a field goal. They were no where. It was the role players that did their jobe. Grant held them aloft for a while in the first quarter. But Portland had the edge.

Until Fisher. Freaking Derek Fisher. The Lakers were about to give up, already in the second quarter, with their leading guys not scoring, but Fisher out of no where, healthy and confident, gets them going. He would keep the team alive until Fox could make the momentum play in the third quarter that gets the team - and Kobe and Shaq with it - finally going, leading to 19 consecutive points and the win, and with it the series, and with it the confidence, the locker room, the championship. 15-1 all time record.

Derek Fisher was the sole guy keeping them alive. He won't be hall of fame, but his jersey should be up there. Boy this is off topic.

They were about to give up in the second quarter? Against a team they came back from 15 in the 4th quarter the year before? I find that hard to believe.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
They were about to give up in the second quarter? Against a team they came back from 15 in the 4th quarter the year before? I find that hard to believe.

The entire team looked out of it. Upset, sad, ready to give up. You could see it in their faces and their bodies. Fisher was the only one still in it.
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject:

What's crazier is that Blazer team was one quarter away from making the 2000 NBA Finals, where they would've been the favorites against the Pacers
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

The entire team looked out of it. Upset, sad, ready to give up. You could see it in their faces and their bodies. Fisher was the only one still in it.

Hardly.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject:

24KaratGold wrote:
What's crazier is that Blazer team was one quarter away from making the 2000 NBA Finals, where they would've been the favorites against the Pacers

That alley-oop...
Vic5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject:

carlosLisboa wrote:
JUICY
Where can I get the full report?

Nowhere since that report is faker than a three dollar bill.
Vic5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Quote:

Written as though you were in the locker room...is that you Jim Clemons?
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Vic5150 wrote:
carlosLisboa wrote:
JUICY

You mean my three dollar bills are fakes?
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

I find that very hard to believe. They were on an 8 game winning streak, were playing their best basketball of the season, and had just beaten that Portland team a week earlier. If anyone should have been out of it, it should have been Portland for falling all the way down to the 7th seed. Portland lost 7 of their last 10 regular season games.

Shaq and Kobe were in their prime and that Laker team was filled with veterans and champions and were coached by Phil Jackson. They knew that games weren't decided in the first 15-18 minutes. They were playing at home. They were ready to give up? In the 2nd quarter? That Laker team knew it could beat any team in the league. They beat the best teams during the season and had won a championship less than a year earlier. I think to them the playoffs were just getting started.
Shalashaska
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:02 am    Post subject:

[DELETED]

Last edited by Shalashaska on Sun May 04, 2014 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Shalashaska
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:04 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
24KaratGold wrote:

That alley-oop...

That game (or quarter I should say) altered the landscape of the NBA for a decade to come.

Lakers went on to dynasty status, while Porty has only now come out of their post-Game 7 swoon.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:58 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Quote:

Are you Derek Fisher? Sorry D. Fish, your jersey is not going to be retired.
Vic5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Vic5150 wrote:
carlosLisboa wrote:
JUICY

Yes, they're fake. I'm sorry. Santa and The Easter Bunny are also fake.
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject:

Vic5150 wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Vic5150 wrote:
carlosLisboa wrote:
JUICY

Yes, they're fake. I'm sorry. Santa and The Easter Bunny are also fake.

The report sounds so near-thruth.
I bet there are some real stories as abhorrent as the 3USD bill ones.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
malicious_intent
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject:

Sounds like typical locker room behavior to me, and anyone who has played sports wouldn't be surprised at any if that behavior. Typical locker room fun and I believe every word of it!
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject:

malicious_intent wrote:
Sounds like typical locker room behavior to me, and anyone who has played sports wouldn't be surprised at any if that behavior. Typical locker room fun and I believe every word of it!

What if someone makes a report about guns being pulled out in the locker room between team mates?

Oopps it was the wizzardsssss
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
composite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Vic5150 wrote:
carlosLisboa wrote:
JUICY

That was a pretty funny article still. Lubin' Ruben.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
Holy (bleep), that is hilarious. "Lubin Rubin"

They had to somehow differentiate him from Ruben Boumtje-Boumtje.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject:

carlosLisboa wrote:
malicious_intent wrote:

What if someone makes a report about guns being pulled out in the locker room between team mates?

Oopps it was the wizzardsssss

True. Not saying that article is real at all, but you can't put much beyond pro sports (or college sports for that matter). More you watch, less you're shocked. The 93 Blazers had a hot tub scandal. No one would've expected those Blazers to be hit with statutory rayp accusations.

Sterling situation is the last real doosey since Gat Gate. At the end of the day, most people in any arena of life are idiots and sports are comprised of people. Proving that point, the Gat Gate participants were even too moronic to leave well enough alone. Gil went on to mockingly shoot finger guns around laughing teammates in a pregame huddle and Javaris...well...

As for Duds getting conked with a flying weight plate. Sounds silly because it is silly, but a dumbbell went airborne during a scuffle between Payton and Mad Max at Sonics facilities, with Ho Grant getting injured while playing peacemaker. I doubt the guy who wrote that article even realized there was a precedent for such a thing.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject:

Fake or not, I lost it at this one...

Quote:
Ruben once told me he was contemplating “taking them out in front of everyone in the locker room,” but I talked him out of it. I told him he would probably miss and hit Steve Kerr.”

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject:

500 page report...by Bonzi Wells.

That's a dead giveaway right there.
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject:

this was pretty hilarious. Well done, whoever you are who wrote this.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: