OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2855, 2856, 2857 ... 2896, 2897, 2898  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Dude is going to make that laker 3 point record untouchable, another 5 makes tonight on 9 attempts.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
Dude is going to make that laker 3 point record untouchable, another 5 makes tonight on 9 attempts.

He should be taking 8-10 3s each game hot or cold.
Jamesikan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Not really about tonight's game, but does anyone else get the feeling that DLo would be a perfect head coach once he retires? Dude sees the game in the way few others do, he has that basketball mind. I think he'd be a really really good coach.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Jamesikan wrote:
Not really about tonight's game, but does anyone else get the feeling that DLo would be a perfect head coach once he retires? Dude sees the game in the way few others do, he has that basketball mind. I think he'd be a really really good coach.

I don't think he has the right personality to be a head coach.
I feel the same about Rondo not being a head coach rn
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:01 am    Post subject:

Quote:
“Orlando’s the team,” Lakers insider Jovan Buha said. “Orlando is the team that — talking to people with the Lakers, talking to people outside the Lakers — Orlando is the team that probably gives them the most concern in terms of a potential suitor.”

Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:47 am    Post subject:

I hate that it’s looking like Dlo may have to go somewhere else to be appreciated. He seems to catch the most grief for a bad game as any other player I’ve seen, (maybe WB edges him out lol!).

I know comparing Dlo to Steph is a no-no. One is a multi MVP, multi champ, finals MVP, sure fire 1st ballot HOF, and the other…well…is not. But to put it in perspective:

Both Dlo and Steph had stinkers in Dec tho Dlo was worse with more. Steph did have a 7pt 0-8 from 3 in Dec tho. However, both Dlo and Steph have had only 3 single digit games since Dec.

Steph single digit scoring games since Dec;
9pts, 2-14fg, 0-9 from 3
9pts, 2-7fg, 1-4 from 3
4pts, 2-13fg, 0-9 from 3
Totals in the 3 games,
22pts, 6-34fg, 1-22 from 3

Dlo single digit scoring games since Dec;
9pts, 3-11fg, 1-5 from 3
6pts, 2-9fg, 1-4 from 3
6pts, 3-14fg, 0-6 from 3
Totals in the 3 games,
21pts, 8-34fg, 2-15 from 3

Dlo ain’t no Steph, don’t get me twisted, just wanted to show what happened to Dlo happens to the best of them. It doesn’t mean he sucks. Sure, give me plenty of evidence why Steph can get away with it and Dlo can’t with valid input, but I for one won’t get down on Dlo because of few bad games.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Everyone pretty much had a bad game and the team as a whole exhibited no legs last night and Indiana is the wrong team to have no legs against. It was a schedule loss if anything.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:51 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
“Orlando’s the team,” Lakers insider Jovan Buha said. “Orlando is the team that — talking to people with the Lakers, talking to people outside the Lakers — Orlando is the team that probably gives them the most concern in terms of a potential suitor.”

Fultz was supposed to be a better version of Russell, and ironically Orlando pursues Russell to replace (or play along) Fultz.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:02 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

Fultz was supposed to be a better version of Russell, and ironically Orlando pursues Russell to replace (or play along) Fultz.

How much can they sign him for and can we match it if we clear Gabe
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:49 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

They can have like > 50M available. We can match anything if we want even without giving up Gabe because we own Dlos bird rights. Only way we lose him is if we don’t want him.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Solid bounce back from him today…
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:20 pm    Post subject:

DLO should be our primary playmaker. LeBron constantly trying to be that is upping is causing turnover problems for the team.

When DLO is the primary playmaker, and LeBron is secondary, and Reaves is third. The team rolls a lot better and keeps their turnovers lower.

But when they try to make LeBron the primary playmaker, and DLO and Reaves equal secondaries, Reaves and LeBron become turnover machines and it doesn't help the team.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:16 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
DLO should be our primary playmaker. LeBron constantly trying to be that is upping is causing turnover problems for the team.

When DLO is the primary playmaker, and LeBron is secondary, and Reaves is third. The team rolls a lot better and keeps their turnovers lower.

But when they try to make LeBron the primary playmaker, and DLO and Reaves equal secondaries, Reaves and LeBron become turnover machines and it doesn't help the team.

DLO has the same amount of turnovers today with less possessions…

Bron/AD/DLO all finished with 4 each… AR only 1.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:22 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Bron/AD/DLO all finished with 4 each… AR only 1.

Further, LeBron's assist%/turnover% is higher than DLo's. Turnovers aren't inherently a bad thing. When LeBron led the league in assists our title year, he had a high turnover rate. He likes to take risks, especially when kicking ahead.

That said, the team's been having missed connections recently and I believe it's due to integrating Dinwiddie and now Gabe. I feel like their "connectivity" is still bottom 10 in the league while Denver's is #1. It shows defensively too. Miscommunication after miscommunication. They don't know each other's tendencies well enough.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:22 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
MJST wrote:

And in the last game he had 6 assists and 0 turnovers whereas Reaves and LeBron had about 9 turnovers between them.

This is why I'm talking in general terms.

The team was rolling a lot better when LeBron took a backseat as playmaker and we let LeBron be the primary one, that was prior to ASB and DLO was the main guy handling and passing it to set guys up and it benefitted the team as a whole more.

DLO should be the primary playmaker, with LeBron secondary, and Reaves third up. That's when we were running it best.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:51 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Ya I’m not sure what happened, but it looks like Ham really wants to run DLo off ball. His usage has dropped significantly since Jan and part of Feb. Its working ok for now but I don’t think it’s sustainable. We will see.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:09 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
MJST wrote:

Ya I’m not sure what happened, but it looks like Ham really wants to run DLo off ball. His usage has dropped significantly since Jan and part of Feb. Its working ok for now but I don’t think it’s sustainable. We will see.

One Question: Who the PG again?
Just one more: What does the PG do?

I talked to miss cleo and she said...ummm...let me get my paper because I wrote it down....hold on....

she said "Annnd this offense will lead to him taking catch and shoot 3ptrs and sitting in the corner...Which when this DONT WORK in the playoffs or playin..he going to be the first to blame when the Lakers get bounced."

Instead here is a bright idea: FIRE HAM.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:32 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
governator wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

They can have like > 50M available. We can match anything if we want even without giving up Gabe because we own Dlos bird rights. Only way we lose him is if we don’t want him.

That’s good to hear, I thought if DLo goes $30+, we have to unload Gabe salary and let Prince, Max and Cam go (unless they stay for the min), that 2nd apron thing
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:50 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
kfkilla wrote:
governator wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

That’s good to hear, I thought if DLo goes $30+, we have to unload Gabe salary and let Prince, Max and Cam go (unless they stay for the min), that 2nd apron thing

I wouldn't go over 20 mil a year.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:17 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
governator wrote:
kfkilla wrote:
governator wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

lol! And wouldn’t go over 17 ships either with that philosophy
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:18 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

I mentioned them a few weeks back when we were discussing which teams had $$$ to spend. If Dlo truly loves it here, I see him re-signing. If he's not married to the idea of being a Laker, Orlando seems like the perfect choice. They're a rising young team that's headed to the playoffs and their guard rotation is awful. Plus saving some $ on state income tax...
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:26 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
governator wrote:
kfkilla wrote:
governator wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

It's probably 20-25m for me pending how the playoffs go.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:26 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers have DLO's Birds Rights. they can match whatever another team throws at him.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
defense wrote:

We just gotta see how things play out. Just like last year.

If he balls out in the playoffs. And we win a chip.
Or,
If he isn't the reason why we get eliminated.

DLO will get paid what he wants.

In the meantime. Defense's take is fine. He's the starting PG on a 9th seed.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:31 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:
defense wrote:

We just gotta see how things play out. Just like last year.

If he balls out in the playoffs. And we win a chip.
Or,
If he isn't the reason why we get eliminated.

DLO will get paid what he wants.

In the meantime. Defense's take is fine. He's the starting PG on a 9th seed.

Well thats not too true...He can play great all he wants. He can play great every playoff. However which ever the one where we get kicked out..im looking at him being the scape goat and majority reason we didnt go however far. Welp ..just like last year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2855, 2856, 2857 ... 2896, 2897, 2898  Next
Page 2856 of 2898
Jump to: