OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2864, 2865, 2866 ... 2884, 2885, 2886  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
All comes down to him IMO. unless one of the other four starters just completely (bleep) the bed, it will be pretty even across the board. It’s basically DLO v Murray. If DLO can approximate Murray’s production, we’ll win. If he matches him, we’ll win. If he exceeds him, we’ll sweep. But if he lays an egg, it’s a wrap

..wrong..smh. Its really RUI. There is no answer for him. It matters will HAM SCAM will allow him to play heavy minutes.

...but carry on. Ill see you and others right now above..complaining and whining....

We lost last year in large part because of DLO’s lack of production, not Rui’s

Rui was sat down a good majority in the playoffs when he was actually doing great, and people raged in the game forum about it..go back and look in that thread. Its also why you will hear some people point to why RUI was not put in the starting lineup for sol long and this being a result why we were in the 9th place for so long this year ..all you got to do is look.

Rui and Vando got our schemed in the golden state series. Vando offered no offense so they played off him and Rui could not figure out how to contest them. Klay went off games 1 and 2 when Rui was in because he kept getting lost when he and Reaves tried to switch and contest or communicate. Ham moved Dlo to Klay and he moved Denis into the rotation heavier than Rui or Vando and it was needed to beat that team.

He talking about Denver. Rui was on Joker some and was playing good. Ham all of a sudden benched him making no sense. During those games RUI would go in and do great annnnd get benched not to be seen again.l
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:43 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
All comes down to him IMO. unless one of the other four starters just completely (bleep) the bed, it will be pretty even across the board. It’s basically DLO v Murray. If DLO can approximate Murray’s production, we’ll win. If he matches him, we’ll win. If he exceeds him, we’ll sweep. But if he lays an egg, it’s a wrap

Yes Dlo needs to produce. No doubt. However approximate Murray? No way. Murray is the second best player on Denver. AD or Bron need to approximate him. Dlo needs to approximate MPJ with his shooting.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Who’s guarding Murray, will DLO step up and guard his position.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Reaves will probably start on Murray with Gabe getting some time on him too. I'm sure Prince, Dinwiddie and Cam or Christie will all get a chance too. Hopefully not Prince but we know Ham loves putting Prince in positions to fail defending POA
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Dinwiddie should be getting the bulk of defensive assignment on Murry. he has the size and strength to go against Murry. DLO's offense is way more important to have him spend energy on Murry. put DLO on KCP, Dinwiddie on Murry and AR on Porter Jr.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:55 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Dinwiddie should be getting the bulk of defensive assignment on Murry. he has the size and strength to go against Murry. DLO's offense is way more important to have him spend energy on Murry. put DLO on KCP, Dinwiddie on Murry and AR on Porter Jr.

Ham will probably need to use the three guard lineup, to keep DLO on the court.

DLO’s offense is waiting for a 3 point shot. It’s not like he’s running around the court like Steph. He needs to spend some time on Murray.

AR on Porter is a bad matchup. He shoots over AR easily.

Who’s the better defender DLO or Reaves.

DLO needs to attack the rim and get to the free throw line.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:02 pm    Post subject:

3 guard line ups vs Denver starting 5 is a no go. They are too big.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

Was it Denver game 1 last year where Ham got cute and tried to go small ball? Hopefully he learned his lesson.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:11 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

I agree 100%. However DLO inability to guard his position, puts the Lakers in a bad position defensively.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:19 pm    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

I agree 100%. However DLO inability to guard his position, puts the Lakers in a bad position defensively.

In theory, DLo should be able to check KCP well enough. Just stay attached, and if helping off make sure team rotations are crisp. Reaves is this current group POA defender. Which isn't ideal, but he is the best option in starting 5

AD-Jokic
LeBron-Gordon
Rui-MPJ
DLO-KCP
Reaves-Murray
or

AD-Gordon
LeBron-MPJ (yikes I can see him falling asleep/not making rotations on D now)
Rui-Jokic (allowing AD to play off)
DLO-KCP
Reaves-Murray

Could make a decent arguement, our best match up would be LeBron holding Jokic. But of course that's too much to ask a 39 year old who carries a heavy load on defense.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:19 pm    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Honestly, D'Lo when focused is a decent team defender and passable man defender if you put him on the weakest offense player on the other team. So I am sure they will stick D'Lo on KCP. Which is fine. KCPeePee wont kill us. Considering how fragile KCPeePee's mental can be, I would prefer D'Lo kill his ass and talk (bleep) to him.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:22 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
zambia wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

In theory, DLo should be able to check KCP well enough. Just stay attached, and if helping off make sure team rotations are crisp. Reaves is this current group POA defender. Which isn't ideal, but he is the best option in starting 5

AD-Jokic
LeBron-Gordon
Rui-MPJ
DLO-KCP
Reaves-Murray
or

AD-Gordon
LeBron-MPJ (yikes I can see him falling asleep/not making rotations on D now)
Rui-Jokic (allowing AD to play off)
DLO-KCP
Reaves-Murray

Could make a decent arguement, our best match up would be LeBron holding Jokic. But of course that's too much to ask a 39 year old who carries a heavy load on defense.

Your first option is completely useless and completely negates the strengths of AD. The second option is how the Lakers have started and Im sure WILL start the game and should stay as their base defense. Not that Rui guarding Jokic is any good....because it isnt but its the least bad of all evils. Then in crunch time Bron needs to guard Jokic.
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:37 pm    Post subject:

I would play hayes and ad together. Gives you more size to contest MPJ and deal with Gordons rebounding.
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:38 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Didn't watch the game but he's come up big the last two against NO. I don't know why he's so good against NO (LFR seemed to hint that there was a schematic thing) but most importantly he has his swagger to him. If we get this version of him and Gabe against the Nuggets, we'd present the toughest challenge to them from anyone in the west.
yeah it's because they're perimeter defenders are concerned with lebron James. He doesn't have to deal with strong defensive players against NO
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Itsowheeze wrote:
levon wrote:
Didn't watch the game but he's come up big the last two against NO. I don't know why he's so good against NO (LFR seemed to hint that there was a schematic thing) but most importantly he has his swagger to him. If we get this version of him and Gabe against the Nuggets, we'd present the toughest challenge to them from anyone in the west.
yeah it's because they're perimeter defenders are concerned with lebron James. He doesn't have to deal with strong defensive players against NO

Herb Jones, Alvarado, Murphy, and Daniels are all good defenders that were on DLO. Lol
DA1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:21 am    Post subject:

Itsowheeze wrote:
I would play hayes and ad together. Gives you more size to contest MPJ and deal with Gordons rebounding.

Wish we had wood and vando
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:23 am    Post subject:

I think we need to learn from last year. You don’t defend the Nuggets. You outscore them. You try to slow the game up and grind out a win with defense they WILL out execute you. They have the best player in this series and it’s not even close. They might have the best two as Murray becomes an absolute monster in the playoffs. They certainly did last year.

We have been one of the, if not the best, offensive teams in the NBA after the all star break. Lets out gun these (bleep). Joker is slow, out run his ass. All offense all day baby.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:17 am    Post subject:

This playoff series vs the Nuggets needs to be personal for D'Lo. I want 7-10 3pt attempts every game and see him talking his ish. It's do or die for him.

Time to change the narrative.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:41 am    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
Itsowheeze wrote:
levon wrote:

Herb Jones, Alvarado, Murphy, and Daniels are all good defenders that were on DLO. Lol

DLO made catch and shoot 3 pointers. He wasn’t scoring off the dribble on those defenders. He can barely bring the ball up court when under POA pressure. I hope DLO has a great series against Denver.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:22 pm    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
Itsowheeze wrote:
levon wrote:

DLO made catch and shoot 3 pointers. He wasn’t scoring off the dribble on those defenders. He can barely bring the ball up court when under POA pressure. I hope DLO has a great series against Denver.

Yes, if you watched, the game plan was Lebron run point
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:58 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
zambia wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Honestly, D'Lo when focused is a decent team defender and passable man defender if you put him on the weakest offense player on the other team. So I am sure they will stick D'Lo on KCP. Which is fine. KCPeePee wont kill us. Considering how fragile KCPeePee's mental can be, I would prefer D'Lo kill his ass and talk (bleep) to him.

What's crazy about that is I was just talking about how DLo reminds me A LOT of KCP mentally, completely different players obviously but mentally both guys when fully engaged and confident can bury a team (especially DLo) but they also wouldn't shock anyone to see them struggle and look like the worst player on the court either. What you're talking about him doing is literally EXACTLY what Denver did to him in the Playoffs last Season so idk if that's the greatest idea as that could blow up in our face imo if he starts off struggling.

We just need to find ways to keep his confidence up no matter what because we can't beat them without him but Denver can absolutely beat us with KCP struggling. Engaged DLo can absolutely guard KCP just fine though. In that last Series we were right there with Denver at the end of most games and if we can have a confident DLo out there I like our chances significantly more during crunch time.

I couldn't care less if he averages half of what Murray does as long as he remains aggressive with his shooting, passing and especially staying active on defense.

I'd love NOTHING more then to see DLo hitting some late daggers to end the Series in a closeout game and just staring at there bench with a big smile. His past Playoff struggles would be a thing of the past at that point.

DLo and Rui are by far the most important players in this Series after Bron and AD for sure. Hopefully Rui can consistently make Jokic work on Offense again allowing AD to play a bit more free which would be just as important as DLo coming to play all Series long.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:37 pm    Post subject:

DLo simply has to match their third best player production consistently period, no way around it. Rui and AR will fill in the blanks but DLo is it, gotta make it rain threes
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:59 pm    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
zambia wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
Itsowheeze wrote:
levon wrote:

Bron playing the point, should not affect DLO scoring off the dribble.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:02 pm    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
zambia wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
Itsowheeze wrote:
levon wrote:

Bron playing the point, should not affect DLO scoring off the dribble.

Why though? Because you want him to? The game plan the last 2 games versus that specific team was great until the 4th quarter of the last game.

Why force something when there are better offensive sets or plays? Because you would like to see it personally? Lol
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:45 pm    Post subject:

If the Nuggets put Murray on DLO, the Lakers should run a pick and roll switch between Rui and DLO and leave Murray guarding Rui and then go right to Rui. Nuggets can't stop that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2864, 2865, 2866 ... 2884, 2885, 2886  Next
Page 2865 of 2886
Jump to: