OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2874, 2875, 2876 ... 2890, 2891, 2892  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
This guy is done here. Don't opt out and let us trade him
He's opting out and some teams are going to offer him the bag because of his regular season #s

His market isn’t high because a lot of locker rooms don’t like Dlo.

Doesn’t it go back to DLo’s rookie year when he told Nick Young’s girlfriend that Nick was cheating on her or something. I know it was something stupid

Yes... the FO pairing him with Nick Young was the worst thing that ever happened to him. To me, it was never the filming incident-- it was the things that led up to it. It was the fact that they surrounded him with clowns who never took the game seriously.

Him throwing fits and making faces and complaining about Rudy also hurt him too. On a winning team he was causing issues. They then got a grown man to be the point and have not looked back or lost the locker room
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:21 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Well you can't say the Lakers didn't give him a chance for redemption. They brought him back after Magic got rid of him. Then they brought him back after he under performed last year. Might be a chance for both parties to separate for good.

The writing is on the wall. If he opts in Lakers will trade him.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:22 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Well you can't say the Lakers didn't give him a chance for redemption. They brought him back after Magic got rid of him. Then they brought him back after he under performed last year. Might be a chance for both parties to separate for good.

The writing is on the wall. If he opts in Lakers will trade him.

But he will opt out forcing us to sign and keep him until January
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
kikanga wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
As a long time Dlo supporter it sucks to see this happen again. I was hoping he could beat the allegations but a spade is a spade.

I rooted for him all year. Defended him in this thread over and over again. And even now I wish him the best luck.

But I'm not surprised, even a little bit. This is who he is.

I am also a DLO stan but this was just a (bleep) tier performance

This is Van Exel all over again. All that flash, a one time all star nod, front running during the season, and when expectations became great he pissed himself.

You need a Fisher out there if you were the lakers later on. In the wolves case you need a Conley. And in our case, pelinka was not wrong, you needed a Murray.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
kikanga wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
As a long time Dlo supporter it sucks to see this happen again. I was hoping he could beat the allegations but a spade is a spade.

I rooted for him all year. Defended him in this thread over and over again. And even now I wish him the best luck.

This is Van Exel all over again. All that flash, a one time all star nod, front running during the season, and when expectations became great he pissed himself.

You need a Fisher out there if you were the lakers later on. In the wolves case you need a Conley. And in our case, pelinka was not wrong, you needed a Murray.

To beat Denver, we need a guy with the intangibles of those two but much more upside.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:25 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
kikanga wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:

To beat Denver, we need a guy with the intangibles of those two but much more upside.

We probably can win a game with brick instead of DLO,
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
kikanga wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:

If we had D'Lo under contract, Im 90% sure we would deal him this offseason just like West did with Van Exel. Problem is that contract prevents this to where we wont be able to deal him this offseason
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:27 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
kikanga wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:

If we had D'Lo under contract, Im 90% sure we would deal him this offseason just like West did with Van Exel. Problem is that contract prevents this to where we wont be able to deal him this offseason

He had zero market outside of us last summer. Can’t imagine it will be robust this summer. He’s opting in.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
kikanga wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:

He had zero market outside of us last summer. Can’t imagine it will be robust this summer. He’s opting in.

Not a bad thing, we can trade him.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Halflife wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
kikanga wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:

There will be more teams with salary space this summer, so there is a chance, but my gut says he opts in and lakers trade him and rui for a star
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

Also to be clear, I dont place this blame necessarily on D'Lo per se. Its just that in the playoffs, we need a guy who can provide that dribble penetration and provide more athleticism at the guard spot since LBJ isnt quite that automatic bucket driving the ball anymore
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

1995Lakers wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
kikanga wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:

The only positive I see is that Dlo had little market last year and this one has been worse. The comments he made about Denis, then the Hawks fan section with signs saying please don’t trade for him, and then pissing himself after telling the press watch what he does the Nuggets in game 3. Add that to the Nick Young stuff. Then top it off with the wolves labeling him as a poor teammate and causing problems with Rudy last year which is why they wanted Conley. And you got a low market.

He may have to opt in just because he can’t 18mil for 1 year from another team. He can probably get a 3 for 40 but he’s hurt his stock
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:30 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
kikanga wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:

There will be more teams with salary space this summer, so there is a chance, but my gut says he opts in and lakers trade him and rui for a star

In hindsight Murray may have been a better option.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:30 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
kikanga wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:

Him opting in would be the best thing for the Lakers. But D'Lo is not an idiot. He knows opting in means a definite trade and its hard to say he cant get better than a one year deal worth around $18 million since he is still a starting caliber point guard who is young and had a good season.
undefeatedAJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Zero points. Damn
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:49 pm    Post subject:

7 shots is crap by the way. He should have done better no doubt but when you take him off ball and he gets 4 and then 3 shots in an entire half dude is going to struggle. Not all on DLo. Ham scapegoated him again.

Either way I think this team has run its course. Not expecting him back next season.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
kikanga wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:

TOO EARLY... Don't even bring it up man...

A lot of us took some heat for that 2-3 months ago...
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:08 pm    Post subject:

^to save the long quote, of course, but hawks wanted AR

This is more disappointing than game one because he just gave up, game one was bad but he was aggressive
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:09 pm    Post subject:

DLO was hot garbage today but Darvin didnt help him one bit.

Its very clear to me that DLO and LeBron cannot coexist unfortunately
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
kikanga wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:

At 17.5 million, he's a negative asset. He's a full MLE player in this CBA. You don't get above that if you're basically completely unplayable in the playoffs.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:12 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
^to save the long quote, of course, but hawks wanted AR

This is more disappointing than game one because he just gave up, game one was bad but he was aggressive

ehhh....I felt the whole team let go of the rope and it was apparent during the third quarter. For the first time, it was obvious it wasn't an execution issue as much as it was an energy issue. Had they kept the energy, there would have been an opportunity for a real comeback but the fight frankly wasnt there
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:14 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
kikanga wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:

TOO EARLY... Don't even bring it up man...

A lot of us took some heat for that 2-3 months ago...

He played REALLY well in their play-in game BTW.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Had his chance. Squandered it.
Deuces
bryants2hot2handle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:22 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) is hilarious after what dlo said in discord after game 2
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Amazing how much he has crapped the bed compared to the regular season, I think some personal stuff might be going on with him cause he can’t be this average
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2874, 2875, 2876 ... 2890, 2891, 2892  Next
Page 2875 of 2892
Jump to: