OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2875, 2876, 2877 ... 2890, 2891, 2892  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Amazing how much he has crapped the bed compared to the regular season, I think some personal stuff might be going on with him cause he can’t be this average

Must be the same personal stuff in the WCF...

He is who he is... No more excuses!
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:03 pm    Post subject:

I didn’t watch this one, but he had zero points?! So he’s a scorer who doesn’t score, all while being a liability on defense?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:06 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
I didn’t watch this one, but he had zero points?! So he’s a scorer who doesn’t score, all while being a liability on defense?

The third quarter was a mess. He literally ran between Murray and AD on a chase down attempt. He ran into Rui on pick and roll coverage leaving Gordon open. He bumped into LeBron. Grant Hill said he was lost out there. 😂
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:46 pm    Post subject:

If Russell isn't scoring the basketball (which, let's be honest, is rare to begin with), he really isn't capable of much of anything.

Dude can't pass the ball without turning it over, the can't rebound, doesn't box out, can't play defense...he's useless. Always has been and there's no way in hell he should have ever been a Laker.
coldzim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:54 pm    Post subject:

Well, at least he broken the 3-point Lakers record in the regular season.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:01 am    Post subject:

quartzcharm wrote:
If Russell isn't scoring the basketball (which, let's be honest, is rare to begin with), he really isn't capable of much of anything.

Dude can't pass the ball without turning it over, the can't rebound, doesn't box out, can't play defense...he's useless. Always has been and there's no way in hell he should have ever been a Laker.

This is what I’ve always said about him. He’s a good playmaker for a shooting guard, but not for a point guard. All he does is score, it’s both inefficient and not even a particularly high amount.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:12 am    Post subject:

DLZERO is killing us.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:15 am    Post subject:

quartzcharm wrote:

This is spot on, I know 99% of this board thinks he is great but I have never seen it. He also tends to come up small in big games.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:32 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
quartzcharm wrote:

This is spot on, I know 99% of this board thinks he is great but I have never seen it. He also tends to come up small in big games.

He was a consistent 3rd scorer and 2nd play-maker most of the season. He had really efficient shooting... with the exception of December.

Funny enough, that's the time when the Lakers plummeted in the standings.

The Lakers go where he goes. He plays a lot of good basketball, but his slumps are absolutely devastating.

Hence, December and every game against the Nuggets the last 2 seasons.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:07 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
quartzcharm wrote:

Actually, this is the opposite of "spot on". It's not analysis. It's lazy, garbage commentary.

Does DLo have his cons, such as defense? Yes, no question. But, he's a proven shooter, and an excellent playmaker. When he's not excelling at his strengths...which he hasn't been this series, outside game 2...his weaknesses become more pronounced.

That's especially true when you have to share ball handling duties with two other players who need the ball, in LeBron and Reaves. This just minimizes DLo's opportunities to get into a rhythm, to be effective.

All that said, if the Lakers intend to keep both LeBron and Reaves, then DLo may need to be the odd man out. Unless LeBron decides to take a dramatic step back from on-the-ball usage, going forward...which I very much doubt happens.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:16 am    Post subject:

Agreed. His usage needs to be high for him to be effective. Look at the pattern of our success this year. A LOT of it comes from utilizing DLO a lot within the offense. We had success in the first half of game 2 because the ball was in his hands and he was either setting up his teammates or eating himself. In game 3, it seemed like he never had any control over the offense, and instead was just a spectator out there. DLO is the obvious scapegoat for game 3 loss but the burden of this blame is on Ham, as usual
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:21 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
quartzcharm wrote:

This is what I’ve always said about him. He’s a good playmaker for a shooting guard, but not for a point guard. All he does is score, it’s both inefficient and not even a particularly high amount.

all he does is score??? I am not sure about that. He had a donut tonight.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:17 am    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
quartzcharm wrote:

He was a consistent 3rd scorer and 2nd play-maker most of the season. He had really efficient shooting... with the exception of December.

Funny enough, that's the time when the Lakers plummeted in the standings.

The Lakers go where he goes. He plays a lot of good basketball, but his slumps are absolutely devastating.

Hence, December and every game against the Nuggets the last 2 seasons.

Coincidence he goes on this slumps in the biggest stages? WCF, IST Run, and now in the playoffs again?

His lack of speed and athleticism really shows in the playoffs when they allow a bit more physicality. Hard to have a PG who can’t blow by his man.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:44 am    Post subject:

Regular season guy
Same with Rui
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:27 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
Agreed. His usage needs to be high for him to be effective. Look at the pattern of our success this year. A LOT of it comes from utilizing DLO a lot within the offense. We had success in the first half of game 2 because the ball was in his hands and he was either setting up his teammates or eating himself. In game 3, it seemed like he never had any control over the offense, and instead was just a spectator out there. DLO is the obvious scapegoat for game 3 loss but the burden of this blame is on Ham, as usual
Agree! The pressure Lebron brings to any team magnifies this! We saw DLo at the head produce a 15 point halftime lead. Then Lebron becomes the head and we lose. Game 3 Austin was appointed the head...and we started off quickly, but fizzled...then Lebron had his go. Dlo never had the opportunity to run the offense...so we look at his points...but was he placed in his best position?

Lebron must eat...and it appears he decides who else can eat...but what is that criteria? is it based off of play...or personal? Its tough coaching an aging great with as much power as Lebron....a very delicate situation that will either end horribly, or will result in individual but not team glory.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:32 am    Post subject:

Most probable opts in and gets traded as an expirer

Nobody giving him contract after 2 straight no shows in playoffs.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:34 am    Post subject:

Zillethai wrote:
Did he really just score a donut in 24 minutes?

It's not just that for me....it's the lazy/unforced turnovers in a time where you value every single possession.....that blase "I'm too cool for school" attitude he's had from day one. There's a reason why this fool's been bounced around the league. Orgs can't wait to get rid of him - which is why no one wants him. I get it now. He will never change.

Kiss my Converse.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:39 am    Post subject:

ThreePointBomber wrote:
I'm a big DLO fan, but this is unacceptable...

https://x.com/iB4NDO/status/1783718287198634196

1, 2, 3 Cancun.

FOH DLO

Kiss my Converse.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:46 am    Post subject:

Hard_Butter wrote:
ThreePointBomber wrote:
I'm a big DLO fan, but this is unacceptable...

https://x.com/iB4NDO/status/1783718287198634196

1, 2, 3 Cancun.

FOH DLO

How can anyone want this F'ing BEEP after that video. What a stroke job.
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:15 am    Post subject:

The good things that he will opt in and he will be traded if he walk away it’s just as bad
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:23 am    Post subject:

Hard_Butter wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Did he really just score a donut in 24 minutes?

It's not just that for me....it's the lazy/unforced turnovers in a time where you value every single possession.....that blase "I'm too cool for school" attitude he's had from day one. There's a reason why this fool's been bounced around the league. Orgs can't wait to get rid of him - which is why no one wants him. I get it now. He will never change.

He’s like a sort-of-big stats on a bad team kind of guy. Or you’ll see some highlight pass he made in an inconsequential moment and think “Wow that was cool.”

Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:59 am    Post subject:

It’s why I said when the deal was made, boy I wish we got Conley back in it.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:14 am    Post subject:

on espn now

JWill blasts D'Angelo Russell for not joining Lakers' huddle

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/40029198
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:17 am    Post subject:

Dlo played bad yesterday we all get that.. But lets be fair to him as well.. He only took 7 shots. Lebron was 1/6 on 3s..

When Murray was cold, Malone trusted him to get it back.. Its hard to get out of a slump when your coach has you on such a tight leash and you are taking limited shots..

Ham sat him almost the whole 3rd and half the 4th.. Then he missed one shot in the 4th and got yanked immediately..

ALso the fact people are getting riled up about him not going into the huddle after being benched is pretty comical as weve seen numerours times none of the players are looking at ham or what hes saying in the huddle...

Russell won us some very important games throughout the season.. We wouldnt even be in the playoffs probabaly without him.

We already forgot that he went off in game 2, which was a huge game.. He wasnt the reason we lost but people need a scapegoat besides nobody wants to blame Lebron.. Lebron randomly decides to play point and dribble out 18 seconds and then either take a step back, or pass to his teammates who then have to shoot it at the end of the shot clock in a rushed situation.

The nuggets own us because we have no True center or even a decent backup.. But Dlo is the easiest scapegoat for people.

He well outplayed his contract cost this season
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:28 am    Post subject:

RusselDoeee01 wrote:
Dlo played bad yesterday we all get that.. But lets be fair to him as well.. He only took 7 shots. Lebron was 1/6 on 3s..

When Murray was cold, Malone trusted him to get it back.. Its hard to get out of a slump when your coach has you on such a tight leash and you are taking limited shots..

Ham sat him almost the whole 3rd and half the 4th.. Then he missed one shot in the 4th and got yanked immediately..

ALso the fact people are getting riled up about him not going into the huddle after being benched is pretty comical as weve seen numerours times none of the players are looking at ham or what hes saying in the huddle...

Russell won us some very important games throughout the season.. We wouldnt even be in the playoffs probabaly without him.

We already forgot that he went off in game 2, which was a huge game.. He wasnt the reason we lost but people need a scapegoat besides nobody wants to blame Lebron.. Lebron randomly decides to play point and dribble out 18 seconds and then either take a step back, or pass to his teammates who then have to shoot it at the end of the shot clock in a rushed situation.

The nuggets own us because we have no True center or even a decent backup.. But Dlo is the easiest scapegoat for people.

He well outplayed his contract cost this season

I agree there is certainly some overreaction here as he may well bust out again in Game 4: what he has proven is at least its not mental weakness/softness why he has bad shooting games as if that were the case, there is no way he has a great shooting game AT Denver in a game we all thought was a must-win to win the series.

That being said I may have to disagree here: how do we know for sure its Ham that restricted D'Lo and D'Lo not just saying I dont have it tonight so lets rely on others for the shooting in tonights game? If you mean Ham restricted D'Lo by pulling him after 24 minutes, I dont think that is Ham's fault at all because in a must win, I would have done the same if D'Lo does not have his offense going because he certainly isnt going to add defensive value. To me, if there is someone restricting D'Lo, its Lebron who gets visibly upset only when D'Lo takes certain shots but doesnt have the same reaction when its Austin Reaves for example who is taking questionable 30 ft threes. There is definitely something there between Bron and D'Lo.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2875, 2876, 2877 ... 2890, 2891, 2892  Next
Page 2876 of 2892
Jump to: