OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2876, 2877, 2878 ... 2890, 2891, 2892  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:33 am    Post subject:

Hard_Butter wrote:
ThreePointBomber wrote:
I'm a big DLO fan, but this is unacceptable...

https://x.com/iB4NDO/status/1783718287198634196

1, 2, 3 Cancun.

FOH DLO

I think he’s on Expedia getting the Van Exel room.
The irony of him doing this is incredible.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:33 am    Post subject:

He has 32/30/0 shooting splits this playoffs.

The smoke he’s getting is justified. Getting played out of back to back playoff series is evidence enough.

Wish him the best. But we ain’t winning anything with him here. Unless he accepts a bench role.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:39 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
He has 32/30/0 shooting splits this playoffs.

The smoke he’s getting is justified. Getting played out of back to back playoff series is evidence enough.

Wish him the best. But we ain’t winning anything with him here. Unless he accepts a bench role.

Cant disagree here: Lets hope he opts in cause we most likely need to trade his ass. Its not even him as to his basketball character/iq per se although doubts here are understandable as well but his lack of athleticism when combined with Austin. And if last year isnt enough proof, the 3 games so far proved that Austin is a more winning player than D'Lo. Bottom line.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wild that MJST disappears when DLO is trash, yet he stalks this thread calling out supposed haters when DLO has a good regular season game
Aphex Twin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

SAS did not appreciate DLo's playoff performance:
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:59 am    Post subject:

‘Lo and behold, that cameraphone makes its return. But how?

There’s gotta be footage of Ham fishing it out the water and handing it back to D’No, right?

https://i0.wp.com/hypebeast.com/image/2016/06/dangelo-russell-foot-locker-ad-01.gif

Or was it Bron? Nah, it had to been SwIggyP? Please lay off the sauce…the only person getting in Russell’s way is his gawddamn self. And then when he gets called out on it, he gets defensive about it. Bruh, where’s that defense on the court?

He’s a terrible fit on an AD led roster. When are we gonna learn that if AD is our supposed franchise player, you bring dudes that are capable defenders and embrace that as this team’s true superpower. All these offensive 1dimemsional chuckers ain’t it! Unfortunately we invested our ‘27 FRP in this guy…only to be shown the door and lose what we invested in him. Negotiated the built-in NTC into his current 1+1 deal only to stand pat at the trade deadline…brilliant! Shoulda traded dude when we had the chance…now CAA plays our daddy & is in charge of what happens this summer.

Great that he got that Laker regular season 3pt record tho. What’s with all this bricklaying tho when it really matters? Alright, I’m done venting…I need ice on my head…N:OW!

Quote:
Brian Windhorst: ‘It’s likely that D’Angelo Russell’s going to opt out of his contract.’ – via Apple Podcasts

Quote:
McMenamin: Asked if the Lakers were overwhelmed by the Nuggets' level of execution, James said, "You'd have to ask the individuals that question and see how they feel. It's hard for me just to be like, 'This is what I think that guy feels.' ... I can't do that. I'm not a mind reader. I don't know."

No one was able to ask Lakers point guard D'Angelo Russell that question. After going scoreless in Game 3 on 0-for-7 shooting (0-for-6 from 3), he declined to speak to reporters after the game, according to a team spokesperson.

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:01 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:
Dlo played bad yesterday we all get that.. But lets be fair to him as well.. He only took 7 shots. Lebron was 1/6 on 3s..

When Murray was cold, Malone trusted him to get it back.. Its hard to get out of a slump when your coach has you on such a tight leash and you are taking limited shots..

Ham sat him almost the whole 3rd and half the 4th.. Then he missed one shot in the 4th and got yanked immediately..

ALso the fact people are getting riled up about him not going into the huddle after being benched is pretty comical as weve seen numerours times none of the players are looking at ham or what hes saying in the huddle...

Russell won us some very important games throughout the season.. We wouldnt even be in the playoffs probabaly without him.

We already forgot that he went off in game 2, which was a huge game.. He wasnt the reason we lost but people need a scapegoat besides nobody wants to blame Lebron.. Lebron randomly decides to play point and dribble out 18 seconds and then either take a step back, or pass to his teammates who then have to shoot it at the end of the shot clock in a rushed situation.

The nuggets own us because we have no True center or even a decent backup.. But Dlo is the easiest scapegoat for people.

He well outplayed his contract cost this season

I agree there is certainly some overreaction here as he may well bust out again in Game 4: what he has proven is at least its not mental weakness/softness why he has bad shooting games as if that were the case, there is no way he has a great shooting game AT Denver in a game we all thought was a must-win to win the series.

That being said I may have to disagree here: how do we know for sure its Ham that restricted D'Lo and D'Lo not just saying I dont have it tonight so lets rely on others for the shooting in tonights game? If you mean Ham restricted D'Lo by pulling him after 24 minutes, I dont think that is Ham's fault at all because in a must win, I would have done the same if D'Lo does not have his offense going because he certainly isnt going to add defensive value. To me, if there is someone restricting D'Lo, its Lebron who gets visibly upset only when D'Lo takes certain shots but doesnt have the same reaction when its Austin Reaves for example who is taking questionable 30 ft threes. There is definitely something there between Bron and D'Lo.

If Ham is pulling players for performance then There should be no reason Dinwiddie or Rui should have been on the court this series after game 1.. But they continue to get a long lease and literally provide nothing..

As a player if you see your on a short leash but not others that would frustrate anyone as well.

Our offense has been at its best when Dlo runs point and Lebron plays off ball.. First 2 games in the first half this is how we played... Then for some reason every 4th quarter Lebron wants the ball in his hands to start where he literally just dribbles out 16 seconds before making any decisions.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:08 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Wild that MJST disappears when DLO is trash, yet he stalks this thread calling out supposed haters when DLO has a good regular season game

According to MJST, DLo should be our leader and it's Ham and LeBron holding him back. I sort of understood it when Westbrook arrived because Westbrook had experience "leading" (in regular seasons, winning jack (bleep) in the playoffs), and I figured it took people to take time to come around to the fact that Westbrook isn't that guy anymore. But I'm getting the sense that if Jordan Clarkson was on this team, some posters would be pining for him to be the lead ballhandler.
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:09 am    Post subject:

Was never on the DLo hype train during the regular season. I was rooting for him to prove me wrong, but unfortunately, the old DLo came back in the playoffs. It's beyond me how a professional basketball player can choke so much on the big stage.
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:10 am    Post subject:

BEazy wrote:
Was never on the DLo hype train during the regular season. I was rooting for him to prove me wrong, but unfortunately, the old DLo came back in the playoffs. It's beyond me how a professional basketball player can choke so much on the big stage.

A lot of players have choked in playoff games including Lebron and AD
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:11 am    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
It’s why I said when the deal was made, boy I wish we got Conley back in it.

The Wolves knew what they were doing when they replaced DLO with Conley. They went from lottery team to #3 seed.

Conley is one of the most underrated floor generals of his generation.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:11 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
‘Lo and behold, that cameraphone makes its return. But how?

There’s gotta be footage of Ham fishing it out the water and handing it back to D’No, right?

https://i0.wp.com/hypebeast.com/image/2016/06/dangelo-russell-foot-locker-ad-01.gif

Or was it Bron? Nah, it had to been SwIggyP? Please lay off the sauce…the only person getting in Russell’s way is his gawddamn self. And then when he gets called out on it, he gets defensive about it. Bruh, where’s that defense on the court?

He’s a terrible fit on an AD led roster. When are we gonna learn that if AD is our supposed franchise player, you bring dudes that are capable defenders and embrace that as this team’s true superpower. All these offensive 1dimemsional chuckers ain’t it! Unfortunately we invested our ‘27 FRP in this guy…only to be shown the door and lose what we invested in him. Negotiated the built-in NTC into his current 1+1 deal only to stand pat at the trade deadline…brilliant! Shoulda traded dude when we had the chance…now CAA plays our daddy & is in charge of what happens this summer.

Great that he got that Laker regular season 3pt record tho. What’s with all this bricklaying tho when it really matters? Alright, I’m done venting…I need ice on my head…N:OW!

Quote:
Brian Windhorst: ‘It’s likely that D’Angelo Russell’s going to opt out of his contract.’ – via Apple Podcasts

Quote:
McMenamin: Asked if the Lakers were overwhelmed by the Nuggets' level of execution, James said, "You'd have to ask the individuals that question and see how they feel. It's hard for me just to be like, 'This is what I think that guy feels.' ... I can't do that. I'm not a mind reader. I don't know."

No one was able to ask Lakers point guard D'Angelo Russell that question. After going scoreless in Game 3 on 0-for-7 shooting (0-for-6 from 3), he declined to speak to reporters after the game, according to a team spokesperson.

He isn't opting out after this. Most he would get is full MLE
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:12 am    Post subject:

He's obviously a terrible playoff performer and very soft

But he has value during the regular season when the intensity is much less and he can score some points.

He's an innings eater
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:13 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:

The Wolves knew what they were doing when they replaced DLO with Conley. They went from lottery team to #3 seed.

Theyre a top 3 team because Anthony Edwards is entering his prime.. Not because of Conley lol
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:15 am    Post subject:

RusselDoeee01 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:

Theyre a top 3 team because Anthony Edwards is entering his prime.. Not because of Conley lol

Conley is part of it. He knows where to get the ball and doesn't make stupid decisions
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:20 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

According to MJST, DLo should be our leader and it's Ham and LeBron holding him back. I sort of understood it when Westbrook arrived because Westbrook had experience "leading" (in regular seasons, winning jack (bleep) in the playoffs), and I figured it took people to take time to come around to the fact that Westbrook isn't that guy anymore. But I'm getting the sense that if Jordan Clarkson was on this team, some posters would be pining for him to be the lead ballhandler.

Truthfully, there is a degree of truth to this: We did look at our best when D'Lo is running the point than Mr. Dribble the Air out of the Ball. I always viewed it like this: to beat Denver we need to be at our absolute best. D'Lo and our team at their best is when D'Lo is controlling the team. NOW, of course, D'Lo being who he is, offers a lower floor than for example Bron running the team, especially in crunch time moments, where you are left questioning D'Lo's decision-making at times. But the point is, who gives a (bleep) about the higher floor when only your best ceiling would be possibly enough to beat Denver.

It really reminds me of Ramon Sessions in 2012 when we genuinely looked like we could win the West with Sessions as our lead PG.....until we found out that Sessions is NOT IT in the playoffs with both Kobe and Mike Brown neutering him and turning him into Fisher.

Now I dont trust neither of these two dudes either in terms of championship DNA/Intangibles but without really letting them free and seeing what we have, we dont get to see that potential upside as low of a percentage as that is. Because doing it the normal way with LBJ or Kobe essentially running the point and essentially neutering D'Lo and Sessions, we have close to 0% chance to win anyway.

Last edited by 1995Lakers on Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:21 am    Post subject:

@Cam, I really hope bruh opts in…otherwise an already sh**y situation gets even messier if dude decides to split from LA. CAA has their tentacles everywhere and I wouldn’t be surprised if they find another dummy to get dude the bag.

Ish is gonna hit the fan this summer…and I already gotta deal with this splitting headache, N:OW I gotta wipe all this ish off & do laundry too.

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:22 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
@Cam, I really hope bruh opts in…otherwise an already (bleep) situation gets even messier. CAA has their tentacles everywhere and I wouldn’t be surprised if they find another dummy to get dude the bag.

(bleep) gonna hit the fan this summer…and I already got deal with this splitting headache, N:OW I gotta wipe all this ish off & do laundry too.

You have one more loss to endure. STAY UP!

CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:23 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
@Cam, I really hope bruh opts in…otherwise an already (bleep) situation gets even messier. CAA has their tentacles everywhere and I wouldn’t be surprised if they find another dummy to get dude the bag.

(bleep) gonna hit the fan this summer…and I already got deal with this splitting headache, N:OW I gotta wipe all this ish off & do laundry too.

Lol. I wish they would have traded him for Murray. I was a fan of that. Now we have to stress a little about the opt in decision
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:25 am    Post subject:

RusselDoeee01 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:

brev..you about to hear every dumb lame excuse in the book of why he needs to go..using logic like MJST is not going to work...smh. They minds been made up after last year and there is nothing he can do to waver that..the only thing that will happen on good games is this thread will kind of go silent.

Hopefuly he opts out and do a 1 and 1 like this year with another team. The Lakers keep Ham and another person will be blamed when things go wrong and the PG is back being a 3-D which is just bad offense. Only way for the PG not to be doing dumb 3-D is that he is a allstar Donavan or Trea..anybody else? Get ready for the whining and complaining about him.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:28 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:

brev..you about to hear every dumb lame excuse in the book of why he needs to go..using logic like MJST is not going to work...smh. They minds been made up after last year and there is nothing he can do to waver that..the only thing that will happen on good games is this thread will kind of go silent.

Hopefuly he opts out and do a 1 and 1 like this year with another team. The Lakers keep Ham and another person will be blamed when things go wrong and the PG is back being a 3-D which is just bad offense. Only way for the PG not to be doing dumb 3-D is that he is a allstar Donavan or Trea..anybody else? Get ready for the whining and complaining about him.

WRONG. People were willing and hoping for a redemption tour for D'Lo this year. Stop making it seem like people didnt want D'Lo to succeed because that is WRONG
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:33 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:

WRONG. People were willing and hoping for a redemption tour for D'Lo this year. Stop making it seem like people didnt want D'Lo to succeed because that is WRONG

Nope not going to let you lie. Look at every thread from Prince to AR or Hachi each has played awful in parts this whole year or two..Those threads get nothing..far less scrutiney when they have a bad game and you know it. Its the same people complaining here and dissapear on good games ..it like clockwork. The proof is right here in the threads and thats a fact.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:35 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:

Nope not going to let you lie. Look at every thread from Prince to AR or Hachi each has played awful in parts this whole year or two..Those threads get nothing..far less scrutiney when they have a bad game and you know it. Its the same people complaining here and dissapear on good games ..it like clockwork. The proof is right here in the threads and thats a fact.

That is partly because Dlo was being counted on to be the 3rd guy
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:36 am    Post subject:

RusselDoeee01 wrote:
Dlo played bad yesterday we all get that.. But lets be fair to him as well.. He only took 7 shots. Lebron was 1/6 on 3s..

When Murray was cold, Malone trusted him to get it back.. Its hard to get out of a slump when your coach has you on such a tight leash and you are taking limited shots..

Ham sat him almost the whole 3rd and half the 4th.. Then he missed one shot in the 4th and got yanked immediately..

ALso the fact people are getting riled up about him not going into the huddle after being benched is pretty comical as weve seen numerours times none of the players are looking at ham or what hes saying in the huddle...

Russell won us some very important games throughout the season.. We wouldnt even be in the playoffs probabaly without him.

We already forgot that he went off in game 2, which was a huge game.. He wasnt the reason we lost but people need a scapegoat besides nobody wants to blame Lebron.. Lebron randomly decides to play point and dribble out 18 seconds and then either take a step back, or pass to his teammates who then have to shoot it at the end of the shot clock in a rushed situation.

The nuggets own us because we have no True center or even a decent backup.. But Dlo is the easiest scapegoat for people.

He well outplayed his contract cost this season

There’s no defending DLO. I knew this would happen in the playoffs.

He didn’t have a great game 2. He had a great first half shooting the 3.

He’s not a point guard, and he can’t guard his position.

How many free throws has DLO shot this series.

DLO will probably opt in to maintain his bird rights.

I think DLO was on the phone with JustaObserver.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:38 am    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:

That is partly because Dlo was being counted on to be the 3rd guy

And Prince got plenty of hate from fans what is he talking about.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2876, 2877, 2878 ... 2890, 2891, 2892  Next
Page 2877 of 2892
Jump to: