OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2877, 2878, 2879 ... 2892, 2893, 2894  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:39 am    Post subject:

Would DLO opting in and traded preserve his Bird rights for the new team? Or early bird rights since it was a 2 year deal
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:46 am    Post subject:

@Cam: correct, it would preserve his early bird rights for the acquiring team if he opts in & is dealt. He can’t get a true max if he reups with said team next summer, but it could land him at most a starting 32.7m annual deal with 8% yearly raises & his new deal has to be a minimum of 2yrs in length.

Also note that since his current deal is only 2yrs, he is not eligible for an extension by either us or a potential acquiring team.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:49 am    Post subject:

@Cam: correct, it would preserve his early bird rights for the acquiring team. He can’t get a true bad if he reups with said team next summer, but it could land him at most a starting 32.7m annual deal with 8% yearly raises & his new deal has to be a minimum of 2yrs in length.

Also note that since his current deal is only 2yrs, he is not eligible for an extension by either us or a potential acquiring team.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:52 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
It’s why I said when the deal was made, boy I wish we got Conley back in it.

The Wolves knew what they were doing when they replaced DLO with Conley. They went from lottery team to #3 seed.

Conley is one of the most underrated floor generals of his generation.

Theyre a top 3 team because Anthony Edwards is entering his prime.. Not because of Conley lol

brev..you about to hear every dumb lame excuse in the book of why he needs to go..using logic like MJST is not going to work...smh. They minds been made up after last year and there is nothing he can do to waver that..the only thing that will happen on good games is this thread will kind of go silent.

Hopefuly he opts out and do a 1 and 1 like this year with another team. The Lakers keep Ham and another person will be blamed when things go wrong and the PG is back being a 3-D which is just bad offense. Only way for the PG not to be doing dumb 3-D is that he is a allstar Donavan or Trea..anybody else? Get ready for the whining and complaining about him.

WRONG. People were willing and hoping for a redemption tour for D'Lo this year. Stop making it seem like people didnt want D'Lo to succeed because that is WRONG

Nope not going to let you lie. Look at every thread from Prince to AR or Hachi each has played awful in parts this whole year or two..Those threads get nothing..far less scrutiney when they have a bad game and you know it. Its the same people complaining here and dissapear on good games ..it like clockwork. The proof is right here in the threads and thats a fact.

That is partly because Dlo was being counted on to be the 3rd guy

And Prince got plenty of hate from fans what is he talking about.

Sure he got hate but you never see just a uproar that this thread gets.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:53 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
@Cam: correct, it would preserve his early bird rights for the acquiring team. He can’t get a true bad if he reups with said team next summer, but it could land him at most a starting 32.7m annual deal with 8% yearly raises & his new deal has to be a minimum of 2yrs in length.

Thank you
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:

The Wolves knew what they were doing when they replaced DLO with Conley. They went from lottery team to #3 seed.

That’s what hurts the most. We were supposed to get Conley. But then we decided we preferred DLo. And the Wolves were happy to jump into the trade.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:59 am    Post subject:

Same old excuses for dlo.

He can do no wrong in some peoples eyes.

You cant win if hes a major part of your team. Hes simply just not athletic enough for the playoffs.

Last edited by Ksig on Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:01 am    Post subject:

We are hard on starting PGs here in Lakerland. It isn’t DLo specific. The year we won with Rondo. He was dragged through the mud just as hard as DLO, before he turned into playoff Rondo.

With all that said. I can’t defend DLO. The numbers (or lack of numbers) are indefensible. He’s a good regular season starting PG. And a bottom tier playoff starting PG.
Some of it is mental. Some of it is because the competition is better and has more time to prepare for the matchup.

If he could provide something on the defensive end, his lows wouldn’t be so low. But it is what it is. Wish him the best. He tried.

Last edited by kikanga on Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:01 am    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:

Theyre a top 3 team because Anthony Edwards is entering his prime.. Not because of Conley lol

brev..you about to hear every dumb lame excuse in the book of why he needs to go..using logic like MJST is not going to work...smh. They minds been made up after last year and there is nothing he can do to waver that..the only thing that will happen on good games is this thread will kind of go silent.

Hopefuly he opts out and do a 1 and 1 like this year with another team. The Lakers keep Ham and another person will be blamed when things go wrong and the PG is back being a 3-D which is just bad offense. Only way for the PG not to be doing dumb 3-D is that he is a allstar Donavan or Trea..anybody else? Get ready for the whining and complaining about him.

WRONG. People were willing and hoping for a redemption tour for D'Lo this year. Stop making it seem like people didnt want D'Lo to succeed because that is WRONG

Nope not going to let you lie. Look at every thread from Prince to AR or Hachi each has played awful in parts this whole year or two..Those threads get nothing..far less scrutiney when they have a bad game and you know it. Its the same people complaining here and dissapear on good games ..it like clockwork. The proof is right here in the threads and thats a fact.

That is partly because Dlo was being counted on to be the 3rd guy

Yep thats true but knowing that you got to have some semblance of offense. Having him in the Chucky Atkins or Damon Jones role is sometimes going to bite this team in the butt. When he Hot from 3 it looks great but can you tell me if he not Hot what plays do we run to maximize his playmaking or to get him other shots? As you say he is your 3rd guy its very important then to find ways to get him going besides shooting a three.

He had a great game in BOS and he sucked in shooting but his playmaking of feeding AR was what to me won that game. Ham had no choice but play him even though his shot then wasnt falling. It was his playmaking what was hot. I think some like Ham think if his 3 ball not going he useless and should just sit...but the BOS game showed that he can contribute in other ways..you cant just try to fit a circle into a square slot. And yanking him everytime going to get bad play.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:08 am    Post subject:

To be honest, I was skeptical when Russell was signed back this year on the team after his MIA performance in the WCF last season. I don't hate the guy but he's not it.

I think when his shot is falling, he carries a swagger which is cool. Love it when he is nailing shots.....but, mentally, he's not that leader we need. I don't want to hate on the guy but he's not the mentally tough guard we need.

Even though Reaves and Prince aren't amazing, they came to play in this series, Reaves especially yesterday. I felt Reaves was putting it all out there. Russell and even Rui, not so much. I love Rui, but feel Dumbass Ham doesn't know how to use him in the offense.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:15 am    Post subject:

Quote:
D’Angelo Russell’s 2024-25 team odds, per
@BovadaOfficial

Atlanta Hawks +250
Charlotte Hornets +400
Los Angeles Lakers +400
Chicago Bulls +500
Los Angeles Clippers +500
Portland Trail Blazers +700
Washington Wizards +1000
Utah Jazz +1600
Any European Team +2500
Guangdong Southern Tigers +3000
Taiwan Beer Leopards +5000
Mets De Guaynabo +8000

JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:23 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
To be honest, I was skeptical when Russell was signed back this year on the team after his MIA performance in the WCF last season. I don't hate the guy but he's not it.

I think when his shot is falling, he carries a swagger which is cool. Love it when he is nailing shots.....but, mentally, he's not that leader we need. I don't want to hate on the guy but he's not the mentally tough guard we need.

Even though Reaves and Prince aren't amazing, they came to play in this series, Reaves especially yesterday. I felt Reaves was putting it all out there. Russell and even Rui, not so much. I love Rui, but feel Dumbass Ham doesn't know how to use him in the offense.

Which shots? the 3 ball or the mid ball or the drive in shots?

You say ham doesnt know how to use RUI then why would you think he knows how to use DLO or AR or Wood or AD or anyone who has had a gripe this year about roles and min?
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:43 am    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
Quote:
@BovadaOfficial

Atlanta Hawks +250
Charlotte Hornets +400
Los Angeles Lakers +400
Chicago Bulls +500
Washington Wizards +1000
Utah Jazz +1600
Any European Team +2500
Mets De Guaynabo +8000

He's a Wizard. They love their mediocrity.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:52 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

You say ham doesnt know how to use RUI then why would you think he knows how to use DLO or AR or Wood or AD or anyone who has had a gripe this year about roles and min?

To clarify, I like when Russell is aggressive, either outside or driving the ball or midrange. Yesterday he seemed scared, tentative....you can't have that...
Ham runs a crappy offense. That is what I am saying. I am sure you have noticed how much everyone stands around and doesn't move when Lebron has the ball in isolation. Is that an offense? Huh?
Again, sticking to Russell, he's not a floor general, leader, etc. That has plagued him his entire career.

Lastly, I wanted to give him the benefit of a doubt with the poor game yesterday when he had a decent game 2 but seeing him on his phone and not in the team huddle is NOT a good look for him. Don't you agree?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:53 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

To clarify, I like when Russell is aggressive, either outside or driving the ball or midrange. Yesterday he seemed scared, tentative....you can't have that...
Ham runs a crappy offense. That is what I am saying. I am sure you have noticed how much everyone stands around and doesn't move when Lebron has the ball in isolation. Is that an offense? Huh?
Again, sticking to Russell, he's not a floor general, leader, etc. That has plagued him his entire career.

Lastly, I wanted to give him the benefit of a doubt with the poor game yesterday when he had a decent game 2 but seeing him on his phone and not in the team huddle is NOT a good look for him. Don't you agree?

i was totally ok with his game 1 performence, but not game 3
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:55 am    Post subject:

Well the entire NBA is aware of PhoneSnackGate. His trade value took a pretty decent hit after that night. 123 Part Two. Smh.
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:58 am    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Quote:
@BovadaOfficial

Atlanta Hawks +250
Charlotte Hornets +400
Los Angeles Lakers +400
Chicago Bulls +500
Washington Wizards +1000
Utah Jazz +1600
Any European Team +2500
Mets De Guaynabo +8000

He's a Wizard. They love their mediocrity.
Swap him for Kuz and T.Jones.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:59 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Driving lanes are open, DLO chooses not to drive.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:20 am    Post subject:

Per Windy via Lakersdaily: D’Lo expected to decline PO
https://x.com/lakersdailycom/status/1783847173852999753?s=46
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:39 am    Post subject:

Quote:
@BovadaOfficial

Atlanta Hawks +250
Charlotte Hornets +400
Los Angeles Lakers +400
Chicago Bulls +500
Washington Wizards +1000
Utah Jazz +1600
Any European Team +2500
Mets De Guaynabo +8000

(Via http://bit.ly/3SNIEqD)

Surprised to see Flippers there, sense Harden or PG13 isn't coming back?
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:43 am    Post subject:

The thing that sucks is the law of averages.

If DLo leaves you can bet he will put up 30 on us one day in a crucial playoff game.

I get the feelings of disgruntlement.

He talked big after we blew game 2 and then proceeded to put up zero.

But one day, those shots are going to fall, too bad it wasn't for us.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:46 am    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
@BovadaOfficial

Atlanta Hawks +250
Charlotte Hornets +400
Los Angeles Lakers +400
Chicago Bulls +500
Washington Wizards +1000
Utah Jazz +1600
Any European Team +2500
Mets De Guaynabo +8000

Now the link has Brooklyn 2nd and they weren't on the original
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
The thing that sucks is the law of averages.

If DLo leaves you can bet he will put up 30 on us one day in a crucial playoff game.

I get the feelings of disgruntlement.

He talked big after we blew game 2 and then proceeded to put up zero.

But one day, those shots are going to fall, too bad it wasn't for us.

I dunno man. His playoff numbers have been what they’ve been his whole career.

It feels like a stretch that:

1) He’ll be signed by a playoff team.
2) We’ll run into him in a crucial playoff game.
3) He’ll perform well in said crucial playoff game.

This playoffs isn’t an aberration. It’s the norm. I don’t think the law of averages applies.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:57 am    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
@BovadaOfficial

Atlanta Hawks +250
Charlotte Hornets +400
Los Angeles Lakers +400
Chicago Bulls +500
Washington Wizards +1000
Utah Jazz +1600
Any European Team +2500
Mets De Guaynabo +8000

Now the link has Brooklyn 2nd and they weren't on the original

I honestly think those odds for a team in Asia are a good bet.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:39 pm    Post subject:

He should be suspended for conduct detrimental to the team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2877, 2878, 2879 ... 2892, 2893, 2894  Next
Page 2878 of 2894
Jump to: