OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2878, 2879, 2880 ... 2892, 2893, 2894  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:58 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
He should be suspended for conduct detrimental to the team.

For his play, right? Lol
Rakim Allah
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:12 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
so should Coach Ham
Aphex Twin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:13 pm    Post subject:

If DLo leads the Lakers to a 4-0 reverse sweep to close out the Nuggets series, would you want him on the team next year?
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:17 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
To be honest, I was skeptical when Russell was signed back this year on the team after his MIA performance in the WCF last season. I don't hate the guy but he's not it.

I think when his shot is falling, he carries a swagger which is cool. Love it when he is nailing shots.....but, mentally, he's not that leader we need. I don't want to hate on the guy but he's not the mentally tough guard we need.

Even though Reaves and Prince aren't amazing, they came to play in this series, Reaves especially yesterday. I felt Reaves was putting it all out there. Russell and even Rui, not so much. I love Rui, but feel Dumbass Ham doesn't know how to use him in the offense.

Which shots? the 3 ball or the mid ball or the drive in shots?

You say ham doesnt know how to use RUI then why would you think he knows how to use DLO or AR or Wood or AD or anyone who has had a gripe this year about roles and min?

To clarify, I like when Russell is aggressive, either outside or driving the ball or midrange. Yesterday he seemed scared, tentative....you can't have that...
Ham runs a crappy offense. That is what I am saying. I am sure you have noticed how much everyone stands around and doesn't move when Lebron has the ball in isolation. Is that an offense? Huh?
Again, sticking to Russell, he's not a floor general, leader, etc. That has plagued him his entire career.

Lastly, I wanted to give him the benefit of a doubt with the poor game yesterday when he had a decent game 2 but seeing him on his phone and not in the team huddle is NOT a good look for him. Don't you agree?

you ssaid: "Again, sticking to Russell, he's not a floor general, leader, etc. That has plagued him his entire career. " How you going to be a floor general when you dont have the ball and like you just said above everyone stands around and let LBJ do ISO....so of course you have no offense

You day he was on the phone..okay..Has anybody in the media actually found out the reason he sitting over there by himself? Has he gave a reason of whats going on? It looks bad? sure but playing with this coach is prob the worst thing for a player. He tells you be a 3-D and like you just said has a crappy offense...LBJ does his usual ISO and then shoots it out to a player with seconds to go..like really? Next you start missing those catch and shoots...Your coach then besides calling a play..sits you the majority of the time..All to tell you with No words get back in there..Next You go back to Catch-shoot KNOWING you not doing good on that and do a TO and then your coach sits you down for the rest of the game.... Ham to the media: "But But Im going to ride with him as he got us here" BS! Ham did the same stuff he did last year...3 gaurd lineup that sucks, Not getting it to AD when Joker had 2 early fouls and the usual ISO ball..smh.

I wouldnt be on my phone but i would be pretty p###@ off.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Aphex Twin wrote:
If DLo leads the Lakers to a 4-0 reverse sweep to close out the Nuggets series, would you want him on the team next year?

No he needs to go to another team especially if the FO decides to let HAM keep his job.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:39 pm    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
troy wrote:

For his play, right? Lol

😂
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Aphex Twin wrote:

I'd pitch in toward his salary
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:53 pm    Post subject:

looks like it was a snack in his hands, not a cell phone. he still sucks tho, lol

https://twitter.com/TheVolumeSports/status/1783976202874536142
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:22 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
looks like it was a snack in his hands, not a cell phone. he still sucks tho, lol

https://twitter.com/TheVolumeSports/status/1783976202874536142

On another note, I would love to have Draymond Green on this team. In fact, can we get Klay and Draymond for Dlo and Reaves?
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:49 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
To be honest, I was skeptical when Russell was signed back this year on the team after his MIA performance in the WCF last season. I don't hate the guy but he's not it.

I think when his shot is falling, he carries a swagger which is cool. Love it when he is nailing shots.....but, mentally, he's not that leader we need. I don't want to hate on the guy but he's not the mentally tough guard we need.

Even though Reaves and Prince aren't amazing, they came to play in this series, Reaves especially yesterday. I felt Reaves was putting it all out there. Russell and even Rui, not so much. I love Rui, but feel Dumbass Ham doesn't know how to use him in the offense.

You say ham doesnt know how to use RUI then why would you think he knows how to use DLO or AR or Wood or AD or anyone who has had a gripe this year about roles and min?

To clarify, I like when Russell is aggressive, either outside or driving the ball or midrange. Yesterday he seemed scared, tentative....you can't have that...
Ham runs a crappy offense. That is what I am saying. I am sure you have noticed how much everyone stands around and doesn't move when Lebron has the ball in isolation. Is that an offense? Huh?
Again, sticking to Russell, he's not a floor general, leader, etc. That has plagued him his entire career.

Lastly, I wanted to give him the benefit of a doubt with the poor game yesterday when he had a decent game 2 but seeing him on his phone and not in the team huddle is NOT a good look for him. Don't you agree?

you ssaid: "Again, sticking to Russell, he's not a floor general, leader, etc. That has plagued him his entire career. " How you going to be a floor general when you dont have the ball and like you just said above everyone stands around and let LBJ do ISO....so of course you have no offense

You day he was on the phone..okay..Has anybody in the media actually found out the reason he sitting over there by himself? Has he gave a reason of whats going on? It looks bad? sure but playing with this coach is prob the worst thing for a player. He tells you be a 3-D and like you just said has a crappy offense...LBJ does his usual ISO and then shoots it out to a player with seconds to go..like really? Next you start missing those catch and shoots...Your coach then besides calling a play..sits you the majority of the time..All to tell you with No words get back in there..Next You go back to Catch-shoot KNOWING you not doing good on that and do a TO and then your coach sits you down for the rest of the game.... Ham to the media: "But But Im going to ride with him as he got us here" BS! Ham did the same stuff he did last year...3 gaurd lineup that sucks, Not getting it to AD when Joker had 2 early fouls and the usual ISO ball..smh.

You really think Ham told DLO to be a 3-D player..
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:01 pm    Post subject:

DLO has struggled in the playoffs with every coach he's had. Including Atkinson (the guy he played for his all star year).
Funny enough. DLO's best playoffs (last year) was under Ham.

But, don't get me wrong, Ham is a bad coach. He deserves to be fired.

Last edited by kikanga on Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:16 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

I think you and I are on the same page, just speaking in different terms. I don't disagree about the offense or lack of offense when Lebron goes iso ball. I have always hated Darvin Ham's lack of offensive system, lack of movement with the ball. It's boring to watch.

Back to Russell, the bottom line is I like Russell, I do, but when he has needed to step up in crucial moments like yesterday, he was MIA. I mean, earlier in the season, he was benched. I think for him, it's mental. He has the skill but he gets overwhelmed by the pressure and moment.

In other words, he's human. I don't fault him for that.

With that said, I would say both he and Rui yesterday were playing timid and tentative. Reaves, Prince and even Gabe were not. Big difference.

If he stays, that's fine but he has to work on his mental game. The physical abilities are there. Like Reaves yesterday, he kept pushing tempo even if his shot wasn't falling. It's all about mental confidence.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:24 pm    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

You really think Ham told DLO to be a 3-D player..

Your coach sets the offense. He put in plays to run. Can a player ignore ham? Yep why Its been said that LBJ has said "F that play we going to do this"..However ive only seen LBJ ignore Ham's play calling and be able to get away with it.

Also if LBJ is playing ISO and everyone is standing around and not cutting and donig nothing..well arent all those guys 3-D at that moment? Its up to your coach to get on whoever is reponsible for that stuff..when you dont say nothing you really not doing your job..You lletting the players ie one person run whatever they want.

Want more? okau look at Prince being PF GAme 3..like really? AR was once looked at as maybe to play the PG..smh. Spence during his past would get to the hoop..How many times have you seen a fraction of what he done on the other teams he was on? He still cant do what he comfortable doing in the offense. I woundlt be surprise Ham makes Vando the PG taking the ball up the court..smh. These guys roles are just crazy.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:54 pm    Post subject:

DLO and Darvin’s relationship has been distant from the beginning. All of us who watched every minute of Coach Ham as our HC knows how he plays his favorites on overkill.

Darvin didn’t trust DLO when we had Dennis. An he’s gotten better this season but still doesn’t give him the full respect a coach and starting point guard should get.

With all that said I still believe darvin doesn’t deserve the full blame for our early exit but he’s lost the team since January. Need a fresh start.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:04 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
DLO and Darvin’s relationship has been distant from the beginning. All of us who watched every minute of Coach Ham as our HC knows how he plays his favorites on overkill.

Darvin didn’t trust DLO when we had Dennis. An he’s gotten better this season but still doesn’t give him the full respect a coach and starting point guard should get.

With all that said I still believe darvin doesn’t deserve the full blame for our early exit but he’s lost the team since January. Need a fresh start.

hes only lost to one team in the playoffs.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

hes only lost to one team in the playoffs.

Any coach who’s lost the trust of 3 of the teams core players shouldn’t be hired.

Sure it’s ugly in LakersLand with all the coaches we terminated throughout the years but still doesn’t justifies darvin’s glaring coaching complications.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Aphex Twin wrote:

Yes I'll want him to stay and I'll buy a DLO jersey too..
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Teams coming back from a 0-3 is rare and it doesn’t happen unless you have a really good coach and a team that has a good system.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Teams coming back from a 0-3 is rare and it doesn’t happen unless you have a really good coach and a team that has a good system.

it's not even rare in the nba. it's never happened.

To date, there has never been a successful comeback from a 3–0 series deficit in the NBA. Of the 152 times (as of April 25, 2024) an NBA team fell into a 3–0 deficit, only 4 of them (~3%) forced a game seven where they ultimately lost.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_teams_to_overcome_3%E2%80%930_series_deficits
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Dare I ask about how Westbrook would have guarded Murray better than D'lo in the D'lo thread?

I didn't like the trade from the beginning, but I sure as hell would have loved to see his defense against Murray. His effort, his chippiness and athleticism are exactly what we needed against the nugs.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Dare I ask about how Westbrook would have guarded Murray better than D'lo in the D'lo thread?

I didn't like the trade from the beginning, but I sure as hell would have loved to see his defense against Murray. His effort, his chippiness and athleticism are exactly what we needed against the nugs.

He looks Impactful when he doesn’t have to do a lot, he just didn’t fit in with the Lakers
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:18 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

To date, there has never been a successful comeback from a 3–0 series deficit in the NBA. Of the 152 times (as of April 25, 2024) an NBA team fell into a 3–0 deficit, only 4 of them (~3%) forced a game seven where they ultimately lost.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_teams_to_overcome_3%E2%80%930_series_deficits

Anytime a team goes up 3-0, it either represents
1) a massive talent deficit between the two squads
2) or a dysfunctional team that is incapable of making adjustments and playing with cohesion

Lakers fit the second category due to poor coaching, no defensive consistency and lack of chemistry. Being up 10-20 points and then collapsing is indicative of that.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

2) or a dysfunctional team that is incapable of making adjustments and playing with cohesion

Lakers fit the second category due to poor coaching, no defensive consistency and lack of chemistry. Being up 10-20 points and then collapsing is indicative of that.

To me its both... There's a massive talent deficit between 3-8 spot. The production deficit in this series is huge. But the games are some what still close more due to Bron/AD has outscored Jokic/Murray.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

It’s obviously both. Every second half Jokic gets more aggressive scoring and we are literally helpless to stop it
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:35 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

Westbrick would be okay, if he didn't have taht 51 mil contract on our cap at the time.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2878, 2879, 2880 ... 2892, 2893, 2894  Next
Page 2879 of 2894
Jump to: