OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2879, 2880, 2881 ... 2892, 2893, 2894  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Aphex Twin wrote:
If DLo leads the Lakers to a 4-0 reverse sweep to close out the Nuggets series, would you want him on the team next year?

Lmao. If he does something that has never been done before in the history of the nba? Of course, duh.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:54 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
DLO and Darvin’s relationship has been distant from the beginning. All of us who watched every minute of Coach Ham as our HC knows how he plays his favorites on overkill.

Darvin didn’t trust DLO when we had Dennis. An he’s gotten better this season but still doesn’t give him the full respect a coach and starting point guard should get.

With all that said I still believe darvin doesn’t deserve the full blame for our early exit but he’s lost the team since January. Need a fresh start.

hes only lost to one team in the playoffs.

Any coach who’s lost the trust of 3 of the teams core players shouldn’t be hired.

Sure it’s ugly in LakersLand with all the coaches we terminated throughout the years but still doesn’t justifies darvin’s glaring coaching complications.

The problem is the Lakers have shown that even winning a championship will not secure your job. If Lebron wants you gone, you gone. As a coach you'd have to ask what more it takes to finish out your contract if not a title? I don't think it's an attractive position for any coach as long as Lebron is here. He's the definition of a coach killer.
dries
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Is this the DLo or Lebron thread? Why do you guys focus so much on our number 3/4 guy?

We got lebron playing like a lazy old drunk and throwing everyone under the bus yet again since the day he got here. DLo is already gone but how in the hell do we get rid of lebron??
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:19 pm    Post subject:

There's a lot of unnecessary hate in this thread. DLO is, who he is. He's not a top tier guard (i.e. a complete player). More like a Tier 2 or Tier 3 guard. A player with a high ceiling, and a low floor. That's the difference between one of these "uni-dimensional skilled offensive guards" and a player like Derrick White or Jrue Holiday. When his shot is on fire, he's amazing. When his shot is not on fire, he contributes little to nothing. He will have you cheering for approx 50 games of the season, and pulling your hair out for the balance.

Regardless, he's very unlikely to opt into his PO, thus his days as a Laker are nearly over. Not sure if the people screaming "GET HIM OUTTA HERE!" realize that.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Lakers picked this dumba$s over Mike Conley 😂
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:

I think Wolves insisted on Conley
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Lakers wanted someone who can help AD and LeBron with scoring, Conley is a perfect fit with Minnesota
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:

Yup... DLO was having issues with Gobert. Minny shipped his ass out and jumped on the chance of bringing in Conley, who already had chemistry with Gobert prior.
Zillethai
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Teams coming back from a 0-3 is rare and it doesn’t happen unless you have a really good coach and a team that has a good system.

Teams coming back from a 0-3 has NEVER happened
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Zillethai wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Teams coming back from a 0-3 is rare and it doesn’t happen unless you have a really good coach and a team that has a good system.

It’s bound to happen at some point
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:47 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:

The trade was apparently done without Minny's involvement. We chose to include them. Cause we prefered DLO > Conley.

Which at the moment wasn't crazy. DLO was younger, with higher upside, and less recently injury issues. In hindsight. It looks bad though.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:46 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:

The trade was apparently done without Minny's involvement. We chose to include them. Cause we prefered DLO > Conley.

Which at the moment wasn't crazy. DLO was younger, with higher upside, and less recently injury issues. In hindsight. It looks bad though.

This is why intangibles are so critical to a team. Its why the Lakers chose Fisher over Van Exel, a lot of us would choose Butler over Tatum and Horace Grant was such a great fit with Shaq compared to Elden Campbell even though Elden was every bit if not even more talented and gifted than Horace.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:20 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
kikanga wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:

This is why intangibles are so critical to a team. Its why the Lakers chose Fisher over Van Exel, a lot of us would choose Butler over Tatum and Horace Grant was such a great fit with Shaq compared to Elden Campbell even though Elden was every bit if not even more talented and gifted than Horace.

And then our front office forgot this lesson and proceeded to trade KCP for Westbrook, let Caruso walk for nothing, and trade McGee for second round picks.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:01 am    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
There's a lot of unnecessary hate in this thread. DLO is, who he is. He's not a top tier guard (i.e. a complete player). More like a Tier 2 or Tier 3 guard. A player with a high ceiling, and a low floor. That's the difference between one of these "uni-dimensional skilled offensive guards" and a player like Derrick White or Jrue Holiday. When his shot is on fire, he's amazing. When his shot is not on fire, he contributes little to nothing. He will have you cheering for approx 50 games of the season, and pulling your hair out for the balance.

Regardless, he's very unlikely to opt into his PO, thus his days as a Laker are nearly over. Not sure if the people screaming "GET HIM OUTTA HERE!" realize that.

Unnecessary hate? Did you see Jay Williams' take on DLo? He's absolutely right. You have a bum like DLo on the team with 3 mins left in the game; he's sitting on the bench on his damn cell phone eating snacks while the rest of the team is in a huddle.

In case you didn't see the clip, here it is:

DLo isn't getting enough hate if you ask me. I've never wanted this loser on the team. Not during the first stint. Not now. Get rid of him!
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:40 am    Post subject:

quartzcharm wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:

Unnecessary hate? Did you see Jay Williams' take on DLo? He's absolutely right. You have a bum like DLo on the team with 3 mins left in the game; he's sitting on the bench on his damn cell phone eating snacks while the rest of the team is in a huddle.

DLo isn't getting enough hate if you ask me. I've never wanted this loser on the team. Not during the first stint. Not now. Get rid of him!

Ham had him on a quick leash..But where was that leash all year for Cam and Prince..Now he want to have a quick leash in the playoffs? yeah ok. Then talk crazy after game 1 about some "Of course im going to ride with DLO as he helped brought us this far"..He goes off in Game 2 but then Game 3 you either short leash him or put him out there in that 3 guard lineup crap that hasnt worked for TWO YEARS. Orrr if he doesnt play well in a 3-D role (0-6 from 3pt) due to some TRASH LBJ ISO offense that stagnants the offense which means NO LAYUPS OR DRIVE CUTS OR SCREENS..Ham sits him just like last year.

Your hate reply to this:"But but he could have called that play anytime to drive or get a mid shot!"..OYEAH?!..well here is a question for ya..why hasnt Gabe or Dim WHO CAN EASILY GET TO THE BASKET..not doing it? let me help ya... its call HAM HOCK 's CRAP offense and dont have the GUTS to tell LBJ to move the ball and stop the ISO.

Yeah when Jay Will plays under HAM HOCK HEAD let me know?

Also look at this thread compared to other player threads who hadnt done jack in the playoffs or in regular season and see the replies compared to this one.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:51 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
kikanga wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:

And then our front office forgot this lesson and proceeded to trade KCP for Westbrook, let Caruso walk for nothing, and trade McGee for second round picks.

That was where the real damage took place. I'll add trading Zubac for a stiff to that list.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:53 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
quartzcharm wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:

Ham had him on a quick leash..But where was that leash all year for Cam and Prince..Now he want to have a quick leash in the playoffs? yeah ok. Then talk crazy after game 1 about some "Of course im going to ride with DLO as he helped brought us this far"..He goes off in Game 2 but then you either short leash him or put him out there in that 3 guard lineup crap that hasnt worked for TWO YEARS.

Yeah when Jay Will plays under HAM HOCK HEAD let me know?

Also look at this thread compared to other player threads who hadnt done jack in the playoffs or in regular season and see the replies compared to this one.

Yup. Not saying Dlo is Murray in even the slightest, but in game 2 Murray was 3-15 going into the 4th quarter. He was given the green light to keep shooting and eventually found his way and won the game for the nuggets. If Ham was Murray’s coach he would pull him and play KCP 40 minutes. Ham just doesn’t have the patience to offensive players to get in a rhythm. He was a try hard when he played with no offensive talent so he relates to those same types of try hard. How many pick and rolls did DLo run in game 3? 7 shots with 2 of them coming in a 3 minute stretch in the 4th when it was all over?

Anyway. All that said Dlo or whatever other point guard that the Lakers get will look like (bleep) next to Lebron who wants the ball when he wants it every time down. You can’t have it both ways Lebron. It’s like hey someone else play point guard for 98% of the time, get use to it and have momentum with it, then get the F out of my way and spot up for 3s and act like a 3 and D when I want to take over. Either play PG and tell the team to fill out with 3D style players to support you. Or let someone else play PG and you play the role of finisher. That means less decision making for you. Sorry that’s the way it works. That’s the root of the problem and will be forever and always.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:05 am    Post subject:

And yes the whining about DLO is ridiculous in this thread. He's contributed more than all but 2 of the players on this roster, but he doesn't have Caruso's or KCP's defense and that's reflected in his salary. Few players do. As for his locker room presence, he's been very supportive of his teammates all season, particularly his fellow guards.

LBJ going ISO to win games no longer works, the offense sucks when he tries this nowadays, and he can't defend all game long either. AR is having a letdown season, and the other guards on this team not mentioned above haven't contributed (bleep) recently.

I think DLO is gone after this season, but acting like he's the culprit in our downfall, like he's some kind of cancer, or that one other guard of similar salary in his stead would have made us a title team is delusional IMO.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:08 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Coming back from 0-3 is actually one of the worse things that could happen to us, unless we ended up winning everything.

Because it means Ham definitely returns, Bron probably gets extended for three more years, and we trade for mediocre mid tier star with our draft picks because "we are close so we must be on the right track"

This is what happened with the bubble title. "Well, we won the bubble title, so we had to have made the right moves, right?"

When you have talent like Bron and AD, you can win a title in spite of your flaws... so it papers over the cracks. I was happy we won the title, but I still thought trading your youth and picks is not the way to build this franchise.

We should get a new coach. Start rebuilding through the draft around AD and keep good contracts like Reaves and Rui even though they have been disappointing in the playoffs. Develop players like Christie and maybe we strike gold in a down year with a lottery pick and can sign a better free agent in a couple years.

Trying to rebuild around 40 year old LBJ and AD by trading AR and Rui and three first rounders for someone like Trae, Dejounte even Mitchell is not going to fix this team. LeBron is just too old at this point

It's time to start over not get rid of even more young assets.
Rakim Allah
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:23 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:

Bron Ball would’ve took the ball out of hands and turned him into Damon Jones.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:28 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Coming back from 0-3 is actually one of the worse things that could happen to us, unless we ended up winning everything.

Because it means Ham definitely returns, Bron probably gets extended for three more years, and we trade for mediocre mid tier star with our draft picks because "we are close so we must be on the right track"

This is what happened with the bubble title. "Well, we won the bubble title, so we had to have made the right moves, right?"

When you have talent like Bron and AD, you can win a title in spite of your flaws... so it papers over the cracks. I was happy we won the title, but I still thought trading your youth and picks is not the way to build this franchise.

We should get a new coach. Start rebuilding through the draft around AD and keep good contracts like Reaves and Rui even though they have been disappointing in the playoffs. Develop players like Christie and maybe we strike gold in a down year with a lottery pick and can sign a better free agent in a couple years.

Trying to rebuild around 40 year old LBJ and AD by trading AR and Rui and three first rounders for someone like Trae, Dejounte even Mitchell is not going to fix this team. LeBron is just too old at this point

Exactly.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:43 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Tough luck...Bron is getting extended whether fans like it or not

Last edited by Bron2AD on Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:53 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Aphex Twin wrote:
If DLo leads the Lakers to a 4-0 reverse sweep to close out the Nuggets series, would you want him on the team next year?

Lmao. If he does something that has never been done before in the history of the nba? Of course, duh.

He has to be able to demonstrate that he can contribute to a team beyond 0-40 shooting from the field.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Tough luck...Bron is getting extended whether fans like it or not

You think I hate LBJ but I don't. I hate Jeanie more for allowing this to happen.

What LBJ is doing as a player is incredible.

That shot he made with his forearms shooting from his hips while his arms were held was absolutely incredible.

I'm sorry his efforts are wasted on this mediocre team.

But he's 40 years old, we have a weak coach that he approved, we have a weak owner with no vision, so this just doesn't work anymore.

If Bron was playing for someone like Riley, then sure he could still compete for a title.

Bron is like a movie star whose gotten so big, that he hires his friends to direct the film, rather than some visionary director who could get the best out of him. So his play is still undeniable, but he can't carry it by himself anymore so it's just individual brilliance without a real hope of a title.

You are a Bron first fan, and I can't argue that Jeanie will probably sign him and you will get to enjoy him for four years.

But as a Lakers first fan, this just isn't right way to go.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Touches per game through the first two games (Regular Season vs. Playoffs)

LeBron: 76.9 - 81
AD: 73.4 - 73
DLO: 67.1 - 76
Reaves: 61.4 - 56.5
Rui: 32.3 - 31
DinWiddie: 28.3 - 13.5
Prince: 25.3 - 16.5

DLo was getting the ball plenty.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2879, 2880, 2881 ... 2892, 2893, 2894  Next
Page 2880 of 2894
Jump to: