OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2880, 2881, 2882 ... 2895, 2896, 2897  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:26 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Teams coming back from a 0-3 is rare and it doesn’t happen unless you have a really good coach and a team that has a good system.

Teams coming back from a 0-3 has NEVER happened

It’s bound to happen at some point

Coming back from 0-3 is actually one of the worse things that could happen to us, unless we ended up winning everything.

Because it means Ham definitely returns, Bron probably gets extended for three more years, and we trade for mediocre mid tier star with our draft picks because "we are close so we must be on the right track"

This is what happened with the bubble title. "Well, we won the bubble title, so we had to have made the right moves, right?"

When you have talent like Bron and AD, you can win a title in spite of your flaws... so it papers over the cracks. I was happy we won the title, but I still thought trading your youth and picks is not the way to build this franchise.

We should get a new coach. Start rebuilding through the draft around AD and keep good contracts like Reaves and Rui even though they have been disappointing in the playoffs. Develop players like Christie and maybe we strike gold in a down year with a lottery pick and can sign a better free agent in a couple years.

Trying to rebuild around 40 year old LBJ and AD by trading AR and Rui and three first rounders for someone like Trae, Dejounte even Mitchell is not going to fix this team. LeBron is just too old at this point

It's time to start over not get rid of even more young assets.

Tough luck...Bron is getting extended whether fans like it or not

You think I hate LBJ but I don't. I hate Jeanie more for allowing this to happen.

What LBJ is doing as a player is incredible.

That shot he made with his forearms shooting from his hips while his arms were held was absolutely incredible.

I'm sorry his efforts are wasted on this mediocre team.

But he's 40 years old, we have a weak coach that he approved, we have a weak owner with no vision, so this just doesn't work anymore.

If Bron was playing for someone like Riley, then sure he could still compete for a title.

Bron is like a movie star whose gotten so big, that he hires his friends to direct the film, rather than some visionary director who could get the best out of him. So his play is still undeniable, but he can't carry it by himself anymore so it's just individual brilliance without a real hope of a title.

You are a Bron first fan, and I can't argue that Jeanie will probably sign him and you will get to enjoy him for four years.

But as a Lakers first fan, this just isn't right way to go.

I am absolutely not a lebron but u can keep saying that. Doesn't bother me 1 bit

Jeanie wants to make as much money and stay as much relevant as possible. Lebron helps her with both.

That's just the reality. Plain and simple
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:29 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Touches per game through the first two games (Regular Season vs. Playoffs)

LeBron: 76.9 - 81
AD: 73.4 - 73
DLO: 67.1 - 76
Reaves: 61.4 - 56.5
Rui: 32.3 - 31
DinWiddie: 28.3 - 13.5
Prince: 25.3 - 16.5

DLo was getting the ball plenty.

Are all "touches" the same though? If I get the ball and hand it off that counts as a touch. If I get the ball and pound the rock for 18 seconds..that also counts as a touch.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:46 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Are all "touches" the same though? If I get the ball and hand it off that counts as a touch. If I get the ball and pound the rock for 18 seconds..that also counts as a touch.

LeBron's seconds per touch went from 4.07 to 4.74, whereas DLo went from 3.97 to 3.96. LeBron's dribbles per touch went from 3.33 to 3.61, for Dlo it's 3.42 to 3.4.

LeBron is taking usage away from the bench, not Dlo.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Teams coming back from a 0-3 is rare and it doesn’t happen unless you have a really good coach and a team that has a good system.

Coming back from 0-3 is actually one of the worse things that could happen to us, unless we ended up winning everything.

Because it means Ham definitely returns, Bron probably gets extended for three more years, and we trade for mediocre mid tier star with our draft picks because "we are close so we must be on the right track"

This is what happened with the bubble title. "Well, we won the bubble title, so we had to have made the right moves, right?"

When you have talent like Bron and AD, you can win a title in spite of your flaws... so it papers over the cracks. I was happy we won the title, but I still thought trading your youth and picks is not the way to build this franchise.

We should get a new coach. Start rebuilding through the draft around AD and keep good contracts like Reaves and Rui even though they have been disappointing in the playoffs. Develop players like Christie and maybe we strike gold in a down year with a lottery pick and can sign a better free agent in a couple years.

Trying to rebuild around 40 year old LBJ and AD by trading AR and Rui and three first rounders for someone like Trae, Dejounte even Mitchell is not going to fix this team. LeBron is just too old at this point

You think I hate LBJ but I don't. I hate Jeanie more for allowing this to happen.

That shot he made with his forearms shooting from his hips while his arms were held was absolutely incredible.

But he's 40 years old, we have a weak coach that he approved, we have a weak owner with no vision, so this just doesn't work anymore.

If Bron was playing for someone like Riley, then sure he could still compete for a title.

Bron is like a movie star whose gotten so big, that he hires his friends to direct the film, rather than some visionary director who could get the best out of him. So his play is still undeniable, but he can't carry it by himself anymore so it's just individual brilliance without a real hope of a title.

You are a Bron first fan, and I can't argue that Jeanie will probably sign him and you will get to enjoy him for four years.

I am absolutely not a lebron but u can keep saying that. Doesn't bother me 1 bit

Jeanie wants to make as much money and stay as much relevant as possible. Lebron helps her with both.

-

Well then prepare yourself especially if Ham is back next year...dont whine or cry or complain...you know what it is...a money grab.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:51 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

LeBron's seconds per touch went from 4.07 to 4.74, whereas DLo went from 3.97 to 3.96. LeBron's dribbles per touch went from 3.33 to 3.61, for Dlo it's 3.42 to 3.4.

Ah okay thanks.

Where can I look these up? It's incredible the amount of information they track...seconds per touch down to the 1/100ths of a second. Crazy.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:56 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Ah okay thanks.

Where can I look these up? It's incredible the amount of information they track...seconds per touch down to the 1/100ths of a second. Crazy.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/touches
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:04 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

-

Well then prepare yourself especially if Ham is back next year...dont whine or cry or complain...you know what it is...a money grab.

MoneyGrab...That's how it works in real life
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:08 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Per Windy via Lakersdaily: D’Lo expected to decline PO.
https://x.com/lakersdailycom/status/1783847173852999753?s=46

I've gone back and forth on the incentives for Russell and his option.

He's either looking at a one-year $18m deal without control over where he plays, or taking a year one haircut in free agency. His market was weak at the deadline because he had a second year on his deal and since then he has torched his organization in the media and performed poorly in the playoffs (again).

The Lakers will value his salary slot, but also have a number of middle sized contracts to work with regardless. They may also gain access to the MLE if he leaves. It seems Rob learned that lesson in his prior experience with Dennis and Dlo.

In free agency the talent always has the advantage. Teams have money to spend and limited options. But after having been traded four times, with a well publicized attempt by the Lakers to make it a fifth, all before his 28th birthday, I'm not sure who is looking to invest serious money in Russell. Some have said Orlando, but why you would take the ball out of Franz and Paulo's hands? Their identity is being a long, athletic team with skill.

It seems to me the best path for Russell is to opt in, hope the team finds a new coach who can put him in a position to succeed, or work with the team on a destination that can help him feature his strengths for the summer of '25, bird rights in tact.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

-

That's how real life works baby boy

Then we shall def see how you react with this reality son..I got my popcorn waiting....
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:47 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:

Then we shall def see how you react with this reality son..I got my popcorn waiting....

With no dlo and his garbage playoffs performances I am just happy we won't see any of ur boisterous delusional posts
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Ham said if I'm going down. I'm going down playing DLO.
And DLO came through today.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:04 pm    Post subject:

This is why you dont bash D'Lo too much after one game. Not too high and not too low
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

With no dlo and his garbage playoffs performances I am just happy we won't see any of ur boisterous delusional posts

No no no you must not understand what i wrote..I DEF will be in whatever thread you whining and moaning when you point the finger of blame at the next player on this team.....just let Ham be the coach next year..lol.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:43 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
This is why you dont bash D'Lo too much after one game. Not too high and not too low

Series would have been 2-2 if we didn't blow Game 2 and games 2 and 4 have been his best ones and the ones we were closest to winning. One we closed out, the other we didn't.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Cranjis McBasketball
@Tim_NBA

Spot Up 3P% this series:

DLo: 46%
Everyone else: 18%

DLo has 6 made 3s and the rest of the team combined has 7.

Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
D'Angelo Russell on Darvin Ham telling him that he still believes in him:

"I believe in myself more than anybody. I don't need that, but I appreciate it."
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:49 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Quote:
Cranjis McBasketball
@Tim_NBA

Spot Up 3P% this series:

However i still think we NEED to find plays for him other than shooting a 3. Some games it might not fall and we need to find him ways to get a set mid or drive layup play and screens rolls with whatever Center out there.

I still dont like him in the role of Chucky Atkins or Fisher or Damon Jones type where there specialty is shooting the 3 and thats it.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Two great games this series for DLo. Thought his defense was solid too.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

"I believe in myself more than anybody. I don't need that, but I appreciate it."

This quote will look so dumb if he puts up another bagel in this series.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:06 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

This quote will look so dumb if he puts up another bagel in this series.

Why would it? He believes in himself, he knows what he's capable of and he's had 2 great games this series.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:08 pm    Post subject:

We actually ran the ball through DLo in the fourth, ran DLo/AD pick n roll like 4 times in a row in the fourth, we shoulda kept with it because they didn't have an answer but then LeBron had to iso a few times in a row and ruin our flow.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:08 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
MJST wrote:
Quote:
Cranjis McBasketball
@Tim_NBA

Spot Up 3P% this series:

However i still think we NEED to find plays for him other than shooting a 3. Some games it might not fall and we need to find him ways to get a set mid or drive layup play and screens rolls with whatever Center out there.

I still dont like him in the role of Chucky Atkins or Fisher or Damon Jones type where there specialty is shooting the 3 and thats it.

Well D'Lo handled the ball several times in the 4th and he scored. Good Job trusting D'Lo Bron and good job D'Lo making them
Zillethai
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
We actually ran the ball through DLo in the fourth, ran DLo/AD pick n roll like 4 times in a row in the fourth, we shoulda kept with it because they didn't have an answer but then LeBron had to iso a few times in a row and ruin our flow.

I think Lebron turned it over too on one of those iso possessions.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:

My thing is will we see this again as we go away from what works..smh.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:40 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Day wrote:

My thing is will we see this again as we go away from what works..smh.

Denver counters by putting length (MPJ) or ball pressure (KCP) on DLo. If it's Murray and Jokic in the PnR, DLo can cook them. I need to rewatch to see how LA was able to get those guys off him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2880, 2881, 2882 ... 2895, 2896, 2897  Next
Page 2881 of 2897
Jump to: