OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2883, 2884, 2885 ... 2896, 2897, 2898  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:46 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
2019 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Ksig wrote:
I dont want him back.

Hes too limited. Comes up small most of the time.

Why not shut up? He blah..just shut it. Everybody tried..it didnt happen. play the blame game somewhere else.

I think it's fair to discuss D'lo needing to do more,,and not just scoring wise. But, he is who he is. Either he needs a bigger defensive guard to start next to him, or we should find a better starting option in his place. Our perimeter D is majorly lacking.

The perimeter D has been lacking all year. On top of that we play drop coverage..smh. The only one fast enough for that is Vando.

Agreed. Let's address it this summer. I just don't see how D'lo/AR is the backcourt unless you have a like like Gobert with AD to cover for them. Obv that's not happening.

Even if we brought in prime Shaq..Ham will not let both play at the same time..Thats one of the reasons Thomas bryant asked out. Ham does Hayes and AD in spurts and thats been all season..smh. REally sad.

What was needed was Vando..but we this summer should look for another Perimeter defender that can go along side your SG and Pg. We also need a solid Center. I would love to get one in the draft really..there is ample supply there in this one. We can then either get another PG if DLO leaves or get more consistant outside shooters thats better 2-ways.

Last edited by JustaObserver on Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:48 pm    Post subject:

38/32/50 shooting splits this playoffs.

I appreciate what he did for us this regular season. Wouldn't have made the play-in without him.

And he played well in the play-in game as well.

But the playoff numbers are what they are.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:50 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Opt out and get out
Open in and get traded

Hello Hater..waiting for you. Im hoping you keep HAm..because if that happens ..I surely will be looking for you son.

Ham wasn't the one missing wide open shots

Ham only the guy makiing defense and offensive plays and rotations..try again.

Let me guess..the players call for small ball and no timeouts and 3 guard lineups and drop coversage.

Nobody is saying ham is Phil. U bringing ham doesn't take the blame away from dlo
Ham is #1 reason we lost but dlo bricking wide open shots is reason #2 along with rui
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Even if DLo picks up his player option, I hope the Lakers get rid of this clown.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:52 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Ksig wrote:
I dont want him back.

Why not shut up? He blah..just shut it. Everybody tried..it didnt happen. play the blame game somewhere else.

I think it's fair to discuss D'lo needing to do more,,and not just scoring wise. But, he is who he is. Either he needs a bigger defensive guard to start next to him, or we should find a better starting option in his place. Our perimeter D is majorly lacking.

DLO needs to go. Driving lanes were open, DLO can’t drive past his defender.

He’s afraid to grab a rebound.

3 point shooting was horrible.

How many free throws did DLO shoot this series.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:55 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
2019 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Ksig wrote:
I dont want him back.

The perimeter D has been lacking all year. On top of that we play drop coverage..smh. The only one fast enough for that is Vando.

Agreed. Let's address it this summer. I just don't see how D'lo/AR is the backcourt unless you have a like like Gobert with AD to cover for them. Obv that's not happening.

It works with Vando. Not with Rui.

Rui makes up for it offensively. But defensively he is far too inconsistent, which has been a problem of his since Washington.

With Vando we don't get the 13-14 ppg that Rui gives us, but we get the defense and slashing to the basket. Problem is, usually the other team can't leave Rui open in ways they can leave Vando. So that's the issue.

The best lineup we had this season was Austin Reaves as 6th man, defensive 3 point shooter at the 2 next to DLO, and floor spacers around that with AD and LeBron. We were running it with Cam Reddish, but Max Christie is the actual fit for that kind of spot.

Ham for whatever reason doesn't trust in him. But I'd rather have watched Max Christie get all of Gabe's minutes after two 0 point games in a row.

zambia wrote:

DLO can’t drive past his defender.

Late in both the games at Denver (Game 2 and Game 5) that's precisely what he did, to the basket and made crucial buckets in the process.

Last edited by MJST on Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Opt out and get out
Open in and get traded

Hello Hater..waiting for you. Im hoping you keep HAm..because if that happens ..I surely will be looking for you son.

Ham only the guy makiing defense and offensive plays and rotations..try again.

Let me guess..the players call for small ball and no timeouts and 3 guard lineups and drop coversage.

Nobody is saying ham is Phil. U bringing ham doesn't take the blame away from dlo
Ham is #1 reason we lost but dlo bricking wide open shots is reason #2 along with rui

Wide open 3s? AS i said before if his 3 not working..what other sets your coach has to get him in the lanes or hitting mids. Look in this forum ive been called that. You playing with a 50/50 coin when Hot/Cold from 3....he not chucky atkins or Damon Jones...a catch and shoot PG...we have been lucky actaully he did well this far doing that stuff, If you looking for that stuff you need to get Monk or Heurter from Sac or kept Beasz your Coach should know this and stop the crap..but he refused to do that and welp..here we are.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:

I wish I could blame his shot selection for his shooting splits. But that's the thing. He didn't force any bad shots.

He just didn't knock them down like he did all season long.

Last edited by kikanga on Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:59 pm    Post subject:

quartzcharm wrote:
Even if DLo picks up his player option, I hope the Lakers get rid of this clown.

Why would he pick it up? To play for Ham again?
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:02 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:

I wish I could blame his shot selection for his shooting splits. But that's the thing. I can't he didn't force any bad shots.

Annd like i said it will happen..and when it does we look bad with no offense. The easy fix is to do cuts like lbj done with him getting layups or like game 4 doing screens with AD..once again its on the coach to recognize when a player has it going and not..smh. If he cant ..then what exactly is a coach needed for?
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:03 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
quartzcharm wrote:

Why would he pick it up? To play for Ham again?

Same reason he signed 1+1 contract. After 2 years playoffs disappearance, good luck to him to get a decent contract
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:10 pm    Post subject:

All I know DLO/AR backcourt need to be upgraded. We need to get faster and more athletic in that area.

DLO was not as bad tonight. But as a 3rd option we needed more from him. Once again just a season average from him tonight. We most like win the game. But he's not the main reason why we lost.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Talking (bleep) in the 3rd quarter only to get embarrassed in the 4th. Yup that sounds like Dlo alright.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:12 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
2019 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
2019 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Ksig wrote:
I dont want him back.

Rui makes up for it offensively. But defensively he is far too inconsistent, which has been a problem of his since Washington.

With Vando we don't get the 13-14 ppg that Rui gives us, but we get the defense and slashing to the basket. Problem is, usually the other team can't leave Rui open in ways they can leave Vando. So that's the issue.

The best lineup we had this season was Austin Reaves as 6th man, defensive 3 point shooter at the 2 next to DLO, and floor spacers around that with AD and LeBron. We were running it with Cam Reddish, but Max Christie is the actual fit for that kind of spot.

Ham for whatever reason doesn't trust in him. But I'd rather have watched Max Christie get all of Gabe's minutes after two 0 point games in a row.

zambia wrote:

Late in both the games at Denver (Game 2 and Game 5) that's precisely what he did, to the basket and made crucial buckets in the process.

I saw both plays, however he needs to drive throughout the game.

He shot 2 free throws the whole series, can you explain that.

Reaves is not a good defender. However DLO is so bad defensively, Reaves has to guard Denver’s PG.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:13 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:

I wish I could blame his shot selection for his shooting splits. But that's the thing. I can't he didn't force any bad shots.

Annd like i said it will happen..and when it does we look bad with no offense. The easy fix is to do cuts like lbj done with him getting layups or like game 4 doing screens with AD..once again its on the coach to recognize when a player has it going and not..smh. If he cant ..then what exactly is a coach needed for?

Bingo. Coach should be finding ways to maximize his guys value especially when they're having an off night beyond the simple "we believe in you" rah rah speech. Darvin doesn't do it.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:14 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
All I know DLO/AR backcourt need to be upgraded. We need to get faster and more athletic in that area.

DLO was not as bad tonight. But as a 3rd option we needed more from him. Once again just a season average from him tonight. We most like win the game. But he's not the main reason why we lost.

Smh why not upgrade the roster of role players? We are relying on one of AD/LBJ and one of AR/DLO to pull us through...our bench?..nothing. Why not go after a better group of bench and role players.

However you and me both know the FO is going to try to swing for a Homerun trading everything for a Trea Young/Murray/Donavan Mitchell leaving us bear and looking like PHX(the worst nightmare for any GM)
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:16 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Smh why not upgrade the roster of role players? We are relying on one of AD/LBJ and one of AR/DLO to pull us through...our bench?..nothing. Why not go after a better group of bench and role players.

However you and me both know the FO is going to try to swing for a Homerun trading everything for a Trea Young/Murray/Donavan Mitchell leaving us bear and looking like PHX(the worst nightmare for any GM)

None of it matters if our coach is Ham. Max would have provided more than Gabe and Spencer all series and he was DNP. Jax gave us good minutes almost every time he was out there, he got 4mpg in a series where we desperately needed size - he even got a DNP lmao

Wood and Vando both available, DNP

Crucial mistake in the challenge with our last time out.

Our roster was good enough to win, our coaching wasn't.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:19 pm    Post subject:

You guys still hating haha. Hope you guys get your wish. Dlo didn’t play all that bad. It’s the playoffs. Shots are not going to always go in.

I’m proud of my Lakers. All of them, Dlo included. They played super hard and gave it their all. All I can ask for as a fan.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:21 pm    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
MJST wrote:
2019 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
2019 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Ksig wrote:
I dont want him back.

zambia wrote:

I saw both plays, however he needs to drive throughout the game.

He shot 2 free throws the whole series, can you explain that.

Reaves is not a good defender. However DLO is so bad defensively, Reaves has to guard Denver’s PG.

If the "cant drive" arguement gets debunked your next move is his defense? ok then have you seen how many steals he has gotten this year? Also before you say something about the number of 3s allows he allows ..the who team perimeter d sucks..but this goes back to the defense scheme used..hint Drop[ ocverage which really only Vando prob can play in.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:22 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't mind keeping him if he wasn't relied upon to the level he current is. But, I think the Lakers ultimately want their 3rd option at his position and role. It's been a consistent thing with the Lakers for years now.

Because of that, I think he's gone.

$25 million seems like a lot, but the Nuggets are going to pay their 4th best player(Aaron Gordon) $24 million while paying Jokic $51 mil and Murray and MPJ $36 million each.

Plus, you start off high and eventually work your way down if it comes to that. Schroder asked for a lot in the 2021 off-season, and didn't get anywhere near that.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Man, we absolutely robbed Brooklyn all those years ago. This bum for future DPOY runner-up Lopez, one of Hart/Kuzma AND they took Mozgov’s contract.

Last edited by CandyCanes on Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dominic1981
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:23 pm    Post subject:

DLo is probably happy the season is over. Now he can focus his off-season on vacation time, podcasts, dm’ing instathots or OnlyFans chics, and chill out. I assume he opts out bc no NBA player is going to work on a 1 year deal given the injury risk involved
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:25 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

It's already a given that the bench will be changed next season no matter what.

Don't get it the wrong way, I don't mind DLO/AR staying. But I don't think they should start together. Unfortunately if you are looking to upgrade a starter. Most likely one of them are gone.
Dominic1981
Star Player
Star Player

CandyCanes wrote:
Man, we absolutely robbed Brooklyn all those years ago. This bum for future DPOY runner-up Lopez, one of Hart/Kuzma AND they took Mozgov’s contract.

The one I miss the most is Josh Hart. He’s a dog. He’s the type of guy like an Aaron Gordon that does all the dirty work, but he’s even more valuable that Gordon bc he’s way cheaper
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

Quote:
D'Angelo Russell said he hasn't thought about what he's going to do this offseason but he acknowledges that he has leverage and is planning on using it.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2883, 2884, 2885 ... 2896, 2897, 2898  Next
Page 2884 of 2898
Jump to: