OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2889, 2890, 2891 ... 2896, 2897, 2898  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 5:38 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Dlo has played his last game for lakers
Opt in and he gets traded
Opt out and he is gone to highest bidder

Yeah. There’s no way we gonna keep recycling the same excuses all over again.

What are you talking about? You going to take the same excuses of why we lose in the playoffs and apply them to the same group of players or role players. If not DLO ..then Rui..Not Rui then Gabe..Not Gabe ..then Spence..Not Spence? ..then Prince

However i know the two you wont...

LMAO. Even if make up million of excuses for those players, it does not change anything about how terrible Dlo when it matters.

Nope just shows how you are...
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 5:52 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Quote:
Blind hatred is when you ignore all the good someone does and try to make 1-2 games their entire legacy.

@MJST It isn't 1-2 games, and I'm not talking legacy. Feels like I'm talking to a pair of walls here.

I'm talking about the best thing for the team moving forward. .

Whats best for the team moving forward would be LeBron accepting that he's 39 and not 29 and that it's not his job to run point guard anymore and we got DLO to take that off him and that the offense runs better when DLO is in control of it and LeBron attacks from the off-ball and only occasionally playmakes.

That is what the best thing for the team going forward would be. You can't call DLO unreliable when he's the best high volume 3 point shooter in the league for the season. Of the 5 Playoff games we had he had 2 great ones and 1 solid one. He had a bad first game and a horrible Game 3. But he was the reason we would have been 2-2 vs Denver going into Game 5, and he and Reaves were the reason we were in the game late in Game 5.

The person who let down during the Playoffs and took a massive step back was Rui, more so than anyone else. But he got a microcism of critique when he was the person the Nuggets cared about the least offensively and had mismatch off switch after mismatch off switch, and ws actively ignoring his teammates telling him to help on defense or to prevent Murray from getting to his spots. THAT is what the conversation should be right now.

DLO already proved his worth during the regular season and 3 of the 5 games of the Playoffs. There's no question whether he can come through for us in the regular season and against the Nuggets. He showed he can and was there to.

DLO's the player you keep. Gabe and Rui are the ones that would be on thin ice if we went by Playoff performance.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 5:53 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
DLO regular season(RS) stats and playoffs(PO) series stats on the same year.

2019 Nets
RS: 21.1ppg/7apg/3.9rpg in 43%/37%/78% (Allstar)
PO: 19.4ppg/3.6apg/3.6rpg in 36%/32%/84%

2022 Twolves
RS: 18.1ppg/7.1apg/3.3rpg in 41%/34%/83%
PO: 12ppg/6.7apg/2.5rpg in 33%/39%/75%

2023 Wolves/Lakers:
RS: 17.5ppg/6.2apg/3rpg in 47%/40%/80%
1st: 16.7ppg/5.8apg/3.7rpg in 44%/37%/77%
2nd: 14.7ppg/4.2apg/2.8rpg in 45%/31%/78%
WCF: 6.3ppg/3.5apg/2.0rpg in 32%/13%/75%

2024 Lakers:
RS: 18ppg/6.3apg/3.1rpg in 46%/42%/83% (Best career season)
PO: 14.2ppg/4.2apg/2.8rpg in 38%/32%/50%

DLO's pattern play goes all the way back to his Nets and even his Wolves days, when he was the primary PG. Even his best playoffs series last year was a downgrade from his regular season performance. But the pattern are all the same as each round series goes on. When he got to the WCF he pretty much disappeared.

You can blame coaches, play calls, team mates. But multiple similar patterns on different teams? At some point, you just have to look at the player for who he is. Very good regular season guy, but come playoffs time he just shrinks.

Even his best playoffs series last year was a downgrade from his regular season performance[/b]

Not all player performance goes up..it usally goes DOWN as things get tighter and adjustments are made THANKS FOR PROVING THAT..Thumbs up!

When he got to the WCF he pretty much disappeared

Without him you dont get there..forgot those other series hugh? I didnt....
Also MJST and others have told you how to use the guy..HE...NOT..CHUCKY... ATKINS. You dont know him? Go look him up. go look in this thread from MJST how to use him..i tired of repeating the same points.

You can blame coaches, play calls, team mates. But multiple similar patterns on different teams? At some point, you just have to look at the player for who he is. Very good regular season guy, but come playoffs time he just shrinks

He didnt shrink in the playoffs getting to the WCF? WHAT HAPPENED?
He didnt shrink. in game 1 YOU LOST A 20pts LEAD! Was that his fault?
He didnt shrink in Game 3 ..you still lost..smh.
Game 5 wasnt good but not bad or disapeared..he got even the layup to tie..WHAT HAPPENED? WAS it his fault too in that game down the stretch?

This blind hate is crazy..but why dont you answer who you want to get to replace him? As this question like your narrative not going away...

Posting actual stats and numbers are called BLIND HATE now? Those numbers shows that come playoffs time, he does not raise his game. Actually it shows his numbers goes down and shrinks. We're not talking about 1 or 2 games here. Were talking about 6 playoffs series. YES HE SHRINKS!!!

His replacement is irrelevant at this point, because we don't know who's available and will be targeted in the off season. One thing I know, this team has won a title with a bunch of defensive poa defenders at the PG spot before.

Also I'm NOT on the TRAE YOUNG wagon. Just want to mention that.

The question is not hard..its a simple who do you want to replace him with?

If you really need an answer that bad.. I would not do a PG to PG swap.

I would spread out our picks to multiple players instead of 1.
I'll try to go after Mikal Bridges or Myles Turner. And a defensive POA guard like Caruso.

If I can get both Mikal and Myles... I'm willing to roll with Gabe or even Dinwiddie as a starting PG.

Turner
AD
Lebron/Vando
Bridges
Gabe/Dinwiddie

But none of that matters unless X replacement is even available. Right now no one knows who will be available in the offseason.

Last edited by miggz23 on Wed May 01, 2024 5:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 5:55 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

2019 Nets

2022 Twolves

2023 Wolves/Lakers:

2024 Lakers:

DLO's pattern play goes all the way back to his Nets and even his Wolves days, when he was the primary PG. Even his best playoffs series last year was a downgrade from his regular season performance. But the pattern are all the same as each round series goes on. When he got to the WCF he pretty much disappeared.

You can blame coaches, play calls, team mates. But multiple similar patterns on different teams? At some point, you just have to look at the player for who he is. Very good regular season guy, but come playoffs time he just shrinks.

Even his best playoffs series last year was a downgrade from his regular season performance[/b]

Not all player performance goes up..it usally goes DOWN as things get tighter and adjustments are made THANKS FOR PROVING THAT..Thumbs up!

Also MJST and others have told you how to use the guy..HE...NOT..CHUCKY... ATKINS. You dont know him? Go look him up. go look in this thread from MJST how to use him..i tired of repeating the same points.

You can blame coaches, play calls, team mates. But multiple similar patterns on different teams? At some point, you just have to look at the player for who he is. Very good regular season guy, but come playoffs time he just shrinks

Game 5 wasnt good but not bad or disapeared..he got even the layup to tie..WHAT HAPPENED? WAS it his fault too in that game down the stretch?

This blind hate is crazy..but why dont you answer who you want to get to replace him? As this question like your narrative not going away...

Posting actual stats and numbers are called BLIND HATE now? Those numbers shows that come playoffs time, he does not raise his game. Actually it shows his numbers goes down and shrinks. We're not talking about 1 or 2 games here. Were talking about 6 playoffs series. YES HE SHRINKS!!!

His replacement is irrelevant at this point, because we don't know who's available and will be targeted in the off season. One thing I know, this team has won a title with a bunch of defensive poa defenders at the PG spot before.

Then I would spread out our picks to multiple players instead of 1.
I'll try to go after Mikal Bridges or Myles Turner. And a defensive POA guard like Caruso.

If I can get both Mikal and Myles... I'm willing to roll with Gabe or even Dinwiddie as a starting PG.

Good luck scoring with this line-up.

Turner
AD
Lebron/Vando
Bridges
Gabe/Dinwiddie

Counting on Gabe or Dinwiddie to be our starting point guard or off ball primary shooter gets the team laughed at.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 5:57 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

2019 Nets

2022 Twolves

2023 Wolves/Lakers:

2024 Lakers:

Turner
AD
Lebron/Vando
Bridges
Gabe/Dinwiddie

Counting on Gabe or Dinwiddie to be our starting point guard or off ball primary shooter gets the team laughed at.

We won a title with Avery Bradley/Caruso as PG's... So miss me with that. Once again you ignore what led me to that.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 6:03 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

2019 Nets

2022 Twolves

2023 Wolves/Lakers:

2024 Lakers:

Turner
AD
Lebron/Vando
Bridges
Gabe/Dinwiddie

Maybe with that we dont need another Coach we can just simply keep HAM....I feel a chip with that lineup. with HAM
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 8:39 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
MJST wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

2019 Nets

2022 Twolves

2023 Wolves/Lakers:

2024 Lakers:

Turner
AD
Lebron/Vando
Bridges
Gabe/Dinwiddie

We won a title with Avery Bradley/Caruso as PG's...

LeBron isn't that guy anymore. That LeBron wouldn't lose a series 1-4 with his 2nd option averaging 30.

LeBron got 4 years older, the West got 4 years better.

This roster with a 34-35 year old LeBron is in the 2nd round right now.
This roster with 34 year old LeBron doesn't blow Game 2.
This roster with 34 year old LeBron isn't even in the play-in.
And most importantly a 34 year old LeBron doesn't get taken to the woodshed by Aaron Gordon in ANY game.

In 2020 we beat Denver 4-1 with our third option averaging 11. That ain't happening in 2024. The 2020 Lakers get wrecked by the 2024 Nuggets. Gordon + leaps and bounds better MPJ and Jokic especially.

"But Dwight Howard.."
The last time Dwight tried to defend Jokic, which was two seasons ago, Jokic had 38/18/6 on him.

Being nostalgic for the 2020 title is one thing. Believing it's relevant to 2024 is another.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 8:50 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
MJST wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

2019 Nets

2022 Twolves

2023 Wolves/Lakers:

2024 Lakers:

Turner
AD
Lebron/Vando
Bridges
Gabe/Dinwiddie

LeBron isn't that guy anymore. That LeBron wouldn't lose a series 1-4 with his 2nd option averaging 30.

And most importantly a 34 year old LeBron doesn't get taken to the woodshed by Aaron Gordon in ANY game.

In 2020 we beat Denver 4-1 with our third option averaging 11. That ain't happening in 2024. The 2020 Lakers get wrecked by the 2024 Nuggets. Gordon + leaps and bounds better MPJ and Jokic especially.

"But Dwight Howard.."
The last time Dwight tried to defend Jokic, which was two seasons ago, Jokic had 38/18/6 on him.

Being nostalgic for the 2020 title is one thing. Believing it's relevant to 2024 is another.

Once again look at what I'm trying to accomplish with the whole team instead of focusing on a position that's replacing DLO... Actually I went in depth further in the FA thread about this. There was a scenario there that DLO stays on this team with those moves.

Would you be happy with

Turner
AD
Lebron
Bridges
DLO???

Last edited by miggz23 on Wed May 01, 2024 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 8:53 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
MJST wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
MJST wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

2019 Nets

2022 Twolves

2023 Wolves/Lakers:

2024 Lakers:

Turner
AD
Lebron/Vando
Bridges
Gabe/Dinwiddie

"But Dwight Howard.."

Once again look at what I'm trying to accomplish with the whole team instead of focusing in a position that's replacing DLO... Actually I went in depth further in the FA thread regarding this. There was a scenario there that DLO stays on this team with those moves.

Would you be happy with

Turner
AD
Lebron
Bridges
DLO???

ok so who you giving up to get those guys of Turner or Bridges?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 9:10 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
MJST wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
MJST wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

Turner
AD
Lebron/Vando
Bridges
Gabe/Dinwiddie

"But Dwight Howard.."

Once again look at what I'm trying to accomplish with the whole team instead of focusing in a position that's replacing DLO... Actually I went in depth further in the FA thread regarding this. There was a scenario there that DLO stays on this team with those moves.

Would you be happy with

Turner
AD
Lebron
Bridges
DLO???

Rui/Hayes/protected 1st/2nd for Turner

AR/Gabe/2 1sts for Mikal Bridges (Basing it on OG's recent deal, also filler players are workable.)

-Resign MaxC
-Resign Prince/Dinwiddie vet
-Sign Drummond vet

DLO/Dinwiddie/JHS
Bridges/MaxC/Cam
Lebron/Prince/MaxL
AD/Vando/Wood
Turner/Drummond
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 11:42 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
MJST wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
MJST wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

Turner
AD
Lebron/Vando
Bridges
Gabe/Dinwiddie

"But Dwight Howard.."

Would you be happy with

Turner
AD
Lebron
Bridges
DLO???

Rui/Hayes/protected 1st/2nd for Turner

AR/Gabe/2 1sts for Mikal Bridges (Basing it on OG's recent deal, also filler players are workable.)

-Resign MaxC
-Resign Prince/Dinwiddie vet
-Sign Drummond vet

DLO/Dinwiddie/JHS
Bridges/MaxC/Cam
Lebron/Prince/MaxL
AD/Vando/Wood
Turner/Drummond

Good Lineup.
- Bridges can hit the three and play defense
- LBJ can play the 4 or the 3 in spot minutes
- AD is AD but as a forward he is in his natural position and can roam on defense
- Turner is a space big and can defend and shouldnt get pushed around by a Trad Big
-DLO is DLO he can spot up shoot the three but also handle the ball and playmake and get AD screens and lobs or Turner

Backcourt
- IF Dinwiddie is asked to go back to playing like he did with the Mavs that would be nice
- MaxC can be a spot up shooter and play defense 3-D
- Drummond is the backup that can rebound
-Prince is Prince but in a backup where he fits
-vAndo is Vando is defense

- I also would like to find ways to get a Heurter or Monk type if we really need scoring from three especially when DLO doesnt have it going from 3..DLO can then be switched to playing drive and kick to that sniper shooter...like in the BOS game with AR.
- I would like one sniper off the bench like Pritchard from Celtics but maybe one can be found in g-leauge or signups
- Also would like to buy a first since people think this a weak draft and get a Ware/Edey type for more assurance at the center position
- Also i would love to give Mays or Sjaq Harrison a chance to see what they can bring in the PG position

but all around it looks good
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 7:56 am    Post subject:

Some people here remind me of MITwestbrook on reddit.

I cant tell if they are a parody account like that and are just committing to the bit.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 8:31 am    Post subject:

NBA fantasies running wild early this summer I see
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 9:18 am    Post subject:

Tell me who is a better player the Lakers can outright sign for DLO? Unfortunately he's the best option available. Reaves needs to become the legit 3rd option, that way DLO's inconsistency is hidden. The majority of Lakers problems stem from bad coaching. DLO has a horrible attitude but any coach worth his salt sorts that out.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 9:20 am    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
Tell me who is a better player the Lakers can outright sign for DLO? Unfortunately he's the best option available. Reaves needs to become the legit 3rd option, that way DLO's inconsistency is hidden. The majority of Lakers problems stem from bad coaching. DLO has a horrible attitude but any coach worth his salt sorts that out.

DLo's been coached by Steve Kerr, Kenny Atkinson, and Chris Finch.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 11:06 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

That’s two Coaches of the Year (assuming Finch wins as he should) that couldn’t coach him and didn’t want him.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 11:12 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
levon wrote:
Quote:
Blind hatred is when you ignore all the good someone does and try to make 1-2 games their entire legacy.

@MJST It isn't 1-2 games, and I'm not talking legacy. Feels like I'm talking to a pair of walls here.

I'm talking about the best thing for the team moving forward. .

Whats best for the team moving forward would be LeBron accepting that he's 39 and not 29 and that it's not his job to run point guard anymore and we got DLO to take that off him and that the offense runs better when DLO is in control of it and LeBron attacks from the off-ball and only occasionally playmakes.

That is what the best thing for the team going forward would be. You can't call DLO unreliable when he's the best high volume 3 point shooter in the league for the season. Of the 5 Playoff games we had he had 2 great ones and 1 solid one. He had a bad first game and a horrible Game 3. But he was the reason we would have been 2-2 vs Denver going into Game 5, and he and Reaves were the reason we were in the game late in Game 5.

The person who let down during the Playoffs and took a massive step back was Rui, more so than anyone else. But he got a microcism of critique when he was the person the Nuggets cared about the least offensively and had mismatch off switch after mismatch off switch, and ws actively ignoring his teammates telling him to help on defense or to prevent Murray from getting to his spots. THAT is what the conversation should be right now.

DLO already proved his worth during the regular season and 3 of the 5 games of the Playoffs. There's no question whether he can come through for us in the regular season and against the Nuggets. He showed he can and was there to.

DLO's the player you keep. Gabe and Rui are the ones that would be on thin ice if we went by Playoff performance.

Humbly speaking, DLO will not be a Laker next year. DLO had 1 decent playoff game, and one great 1st half shooting 3 pointers.

I give myself a pat on the back, for being right about DLO.

I’m starting to sound like DLO.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 11:22 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
CRoost wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:

What are you talking about? You going to take the same excuses of why we lose in the playoffs and apply them to the same group of players or role players. If not DLO ..then Rui..Not Rui then Gabe..Not Gabe ..then Spence..Not Spence? ..then Prince

LMAO. Even if make up million of excuses for those players, it does not change anything about how terrible Dlo when it matters.

What do you think DLO will do with his player’s option. No Miss Cleo comments.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 11:27 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
levon wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

That’s two Coaches of the Year (assuming Finch wins as he should) that couldn’t coach him and didn’t want him.

LOl..how many narrative lies you like to tell?
Kenny Atkinson--he played with him and got to the playoffs...he was traded so the Nets could get into the KD playoffs..ya know salry had to be moved and players sent elsewhere to even get both kyrie and KD on the team. Heck we started two years early to clean off salary for Yao Ming which everyone knew wasnt going to happen..lol..we tried though.

Kerr traded for someone they wanted in Wiggins to make there team better..smh...there was no "ohh he so bad! get him out of here!"..please stop that idiot narrative.

Finch..same thing got him to the playoffs and maybe Golbert and him didnt sit well and they just spent a LOAD on Golbert so he not getting traded...Stop the hate its unbecoming..

Ohhh i almost forgot..Nope not really.. Who would you like to replace him with since he so NOW uncoachable?

How about "spin your narrative" to answser the question.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 12:07 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
levon wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

LOl..how many narrative lies you like to tell?
Kenny Atkinson--he played with him and got to the playoffs...he was traded so the Nets could get into the KD playoffs..ya know salry had to be moved and players sent elsewhere to even get both kyrie and KD on the team. Heck we started two years early to clean off salary for Yao Ming which everyone knew wasnt going to happen..lol..we tried though.

Kerr traded for someone they wanted in Wiggins to make there team better..smh...there was no "ohh he so bad! get him out of here!"..please stop that idiot narrative.

Finch..same thing got him to the playoffs and maybe Golbert and him didnt sit well and they just spent a LOAD on Golbert so he not getting traded...Stop the hate its unbecoming..

Ohhh i almost forgot..Nope not really.. Who would you like to replace him with since he so NOW uncoachable?

How about "spin your narrative" to answser the question.

It's a funny narrative to spin because they say "oh they didn't want him", another way to look at it is that he was wanted by other teams enough to give up Wiggins, Durant, Lopez, etc for lol
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 2:45 pm    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
CRoost wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:

What do you think DLO will do with his player’s option. No Miss Cleo comments.

WARNING: Sorry its long but got to see everything...

Matter how he feels..soooo let me ask how you would feel?
...lets see first you got uncerimounesly booted out of this team by Tragic and called a snitch.....but that was when you were a young kid at 19yr ..so lets make bygones be bygones right?

when last year the Media and Fans Crucified you as the main reason you didnt win in the WCF even though you help them get there and before the trade that same team was thinking lottery wth no hope of play-ins... Nobody over the summer in the org said crap and didnt defend nothing....

...ok now lets start this year...The leader of the team tells the coach "I can play PG..you know that right?" What did the media do? Laugh and thought that was cute with Idiot Kendrick Perkins dumb self....What does the coach do then? He benches you and lets LBJ have his wish and also benches your homie afterward in AR and Starts CAm and Prince....Well lets continue..by the way PRince as a starter was total garbage.

--next you get to look at the games from the bench and its a Sh#$# show really and as soon LBJ and AD go down. The media and FAn base say welp they surely not going to win BOS or MIL..you and AR go off and beat both those games and coach really got no choice but to put you both back into that lineup amd start with AR.

Media keeps that fire on your feet saying "However DLO goes this team goes"..Not LBJ or DAvis but your fault if you have a bad game..Not the All stars fault..YOUR FAULT. You do great shooting threes which really not your game..catch and shoot ISO BALL or out there with 3 guard lineup TRASH especially with Prince...

Deadline comes and everyone from the media / to roster/ to FO knows its time to trade you. Heck even in ATL they Chanting "WE DONT WANT YOU!"..but you still go out there and do your job. ATL makes a mistake
and ask for the world and LA knows if they dont trade you..the leverage is yours..they really dont want that and ATL KNOWS this. Rob thinks ATL asking for too much and you DLO is Fire Hot right now so Rob thought we can get a ring or make a strong push in the playoffs. He bulks up the gaurd play by getting Din in case you dissapear. However they didnt get a Center..huge mistake. People and media complain why you still on the team but you got to continue on playing and win the 3pt records held for 30yrs while 2 months on the bench..but noone cares.

You continue to play out of position and sometimes get the ball in your hands and others its ISO ball and catch and shoot...and every game becomes a MUST win and on your shoulders...You win?..everyone "quiet" but you lose? The media is on your head and darvin's. You make the play-in and back again Media and fans saying you going to disappear and blah blah. Everyone cares what LBJ and AD do but really looking to see you mess up to say "I told you so!"...Yawl every first half Princeton Offense and yawl cooking and every 3 4th qtr back to drop offense and ISO crap. Wonder why? Heck your coach on Game 4 bench you again after that trash talk about "We rolled with you and thats how we got this far"..but now he benches you like a snake...just like last season. Murray by the way has played like crap but hey him and his coach have been there for the longest and has faith in him. Also you are on Twitter seen eating while upset with this coach idoicy and sit away from the huddle eventhough everyone in that huddle have already quite on him(hAM) also.. You see that as when HAM talking and everyone start going back on the court while HAM still talking and noone listening. Welp the Media and fans is on your head again. You dont want to act a fool in the media so you duck the media and just go to GAme 5. We know what happens then. You didnt do great but not bad as you showed up with a pivotal layup to tie the game.

Results of the playoffs and welp..you do good in two games noone cares as one was a team lose and the GAme 5 you make a pivotal layup high pressure situation to tie the game down the stretch. You LOSE AGAIN by Murry doing the same stupid shot..You was nowhere on the court by that play. However now people still looking at you as ITS YOUR FAULT. You didnt score enough points..No blame for AD or LBJ's TOs or that bad 3pt instead of going inside..just You or AR or RUI anyone else. Media saying the best bet is for you to sign and get traded on a fav deal for the lakers. You played Hot reg season and really decent for the playoffs..but here we are with Media and FAns thinking you should do WHATS BEST FOR THE LAKERS... And out the door this coach might have even threw a shot at you but not LBJ who hates him nor AD who even TOLD the media he dont know how to coach.

Now im a verrry vidictive person but You not me. If you made it this far cool..Now how do you feel? if you in his shoes? Will you help this organization that didnt speak up once for you? Will you be a pro or will you stick it to this Org?
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 6:46 pm    Post subject:

DLO is not the problem. Having DLO and Reaves together is the problem. They do not compliment each other and instead having similar weaknesses
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 7:05 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
DLO is not the problem. Having DLO and Reaves together is the problem. They do not compliment each other and instead having similar weaknesses

Yup said the same thing early in the season...

A guy like Mikal Bridges or similar player would be a better target than a 3rd star on this team.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Wild as hell that people are still making excuses for this mental midget.. All the concerns about him aren't even remotely new.. I remember a bunch of fans of the teams he played for before us were laughing and talking about how we better enjoy his good stretches through the Regular Season because it all mostly falls off a cliff in the Playoffs.. 10 Years into his Career and that's pretty much still an absolute spot on statement.

He's clearly not a 3rd option on a Championship level team.. I could see him possibly succeeding on a deep team as the Sixth man or something where disappearing for multiple games or entire Series can be covered but anything higher then that and you're just asking for disappointment.

I agree that it's extremely tough to find any kind of realistic replacement for him but it doesn't change how big of a massive disappointment he is during the Playoffs and the only thing he's remotely consistent at is being wildly inconsistent and not having a clue what version of him is going to show up not only from game to game but even half to half. I tried hard to give him the benefit of the doubt this Post-Season after writing him off last Year but he once again tricked me into thinking "mayyyyybe he's finally ready to conquer his demons this Season" but nope just the same old DLo.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 7:53 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Wild as hell that people are still making excuses for this mental midget.. All the concerns about him aren't even remotely new.. I remember a bunch of fans of the teams he played for before us were laughing and talking about how we better enjoy his good stretches through the Regular Season because it all mostly falls off a cliff in the Playoffs.. 10 Years into his Career and that's pretty much still an absolute spot on statement.

He's clearly not a 3rd option on a Championship level team.. I could see him possibly succeeding on a deep team as the Sixth man or something where disappearing for multiple games or entire Series can be covered but anything higher then that and you're just asking for disappointment.

I agree that it's extremely tough to find any kind of realistic replacement for him but it doesn't change how big of a massive disappointment he is during the Playoffs and the only thing he's remotely consistent at is being wildly inconsistent and not having a clue what version of him is going to show up not only from game to game but even half to half. I tried hard to give him the benefit of the doubt this Post-Season after writing him off last Year but he once again tricked me into thinking "mayyyyybe he's finally ready to conquer his demons this Season" but nope just the same old DLo.

Ohhhhh we got somebody that has poped in to answer the question!...Who you want to replace him with?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2889, 2890, 2891 ... 2896, 2897, 2898  Next
Page 2890 of 2898
Jump to: