OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2863, 2864, 2865 ... 2896, 2897, 2898  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:45 pm    Post subject:

There were minor surprises along the way, MJ actually beating Cleveland the year of the shot in 1989 WAS a surprise because Cleveland was the better team and was proving to be the better team throughout the course of that series. But yea those 3 and Lakers beating the Nuggets here would be the 4 biggest surprises for me where I thought I knew the outcome for sure but was wrong.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:59 pm    Post subject:

His kryptonite Bruce Brown isn't there anymore, hopefully he steps up in this series.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
His kryptonite Bruce Brown isn't there anymore, hopefully he steps up in this series.

He has been playing great off ball these last 2 games when Lebron has bee running the offense
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:01 pm    Post subject:

He's on his villain arc.

And I like it!
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:05 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
I will say if the Lakers beat the Nuggets, it will be the third truly biggest surprise Ive witnessed in basketball heading into a series. The first was 1994 Seattle vs Denver. The second was 2011 LA vs Dallas. This would be the third.

What about Shaq’s last ship loss with the Lakers? It’s gotta rank among those other two right? The Heatles loss to the Mavs and Miami’s last two appearances were also among my biggest surprises. The 2004 ship give away is #2 for me but agree that the finger waiving Mutombo is likely #1 biggest surprise.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
I will say if the Lakers beat the Nuggets, it will be the third truly biggest surprise Ive witnessed in basketball heading into a series. The first was 1994 Seattle vs Denver. The second was 2011 LA vs Dallas. This would be the third.

What about Shaq’s last ship loss with the Lakers? It’s gotta rank above both those other two right? The Heatles loss to the Mavs and Miami’s last two appearances were also among my biggest surprises. The 2004 ship give away is #1 for me.

Honestly the 2004 one not really - I felt the opponent we faced in the WCF was frankly an easy matchup for us (KGs worst nightmare is Shaq and Malone guards KG and Duncan better than most) and once Cassell got hurt (who was the best PG in the Western Conference that year by the way), it was a wrap. But I remember thinking that it was a war out east and I didnt have a good feeling about facing either Detroit or even worse 61-win Indiana with J. O'Neal, Artest and Foster especially making it rough to score. After Game 1, we were in trouble and after Game 3, it was a wrap.

The 2011 one is a case where I did pick Dallas to win that series prior to the series. Was Miami the better team? Of course. But the Mavs were playing at peak capacity and a team really needs to be truly connected to win it all. In a sense, I really did foresee the Heat collapse that year with all their ups and downs - I just did not see a team with the intangibles to win it all and when Dallas came from 15 down to win Game 2 following Wade's 3 from the corner, I knew my prediction was right and that Miami will lose that series.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:

What about Shaq’s last ship loss with the Lakers? It’s gotta rank among those other two right? The Heatles loss to the Mavs and Miami’s last two appearances were also among my biggest surprises. The 2004 ship give away is #2 for me but agree that the finger waiving Mutombo is likely #1 biggest surprise.

If Bron and AD see a win I think they go Dallas on the Lakers in 2011. Pau gave them their confidence with that stupid ass foul to end game 1 when LA had the lead and the lakers had Phil’s record of up 1-0.

If Denver has a blunder and opens up a door of they aren’t unbeatable to Rui, Reaves, and Dlo I think Bron and AD kick the door in. But it’s going to take a blunder on their part
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

If Bron and AD see a win I think they go Dallas on the Lakers in 2011. Pau gave them their confidence with that stupid ass foul to end game 1 when LA had the lead and the lakers had Phil’s record of up 1-0.

If Denver has a blunder and opens up a door of they aren’t unbeatable to Rui, Reaves, and Dlo I think Bron and AD kick the door in. But it’s going to take a blunder on their part

I wouldnt equate it exactly to 2011 vs Dallas but I get what you mean. As Bynum told us, there were internal issues that threatened the fabric of that team that we fans had no idea about (but one we saw hints of with how bad we looked (Pau especially) in beating a David West-less Pelicans) because the 2010 Lakers would have beaten the 2011 Mavericks for SURE - the fundamental matchups and how the two teams play really favor the Lakers.

But if the Nuggets play their game to their normal capability, I dont see a path to victory for us in a 7 game series. I think we saw it when they played Boston in the regular season. When both teams played at full playoff intensity and hence neither shot the ball particularly well, Denver is just the slightly better team end of story.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:14 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:

I wouldnt equate it exactly to 2011 vs Dallas but I get what you mean. As Bynum told us, there were internal issues that threatened the fabric of that team that we fans had no idea about (but one we saw hints of with how bad we looked (Pau especially) in beating a David West-less Pelicans) because the 2010 Lakers would have beaten the 2011 Mavericks for SURE - the fundamental matchups and how the two teams play really favor the Lakers.

But if the Nuggets play their game to their normal capability, I dont see a path to victory for us in a 7 game series. I think we saw it when they played Boston in the regular season. When both teams played at full playoff intensity and hence neither shot the ball particularly well, Denver is just the slightly better team end of story.

We didn't know at the time. But Phil was diagnosed with prostate cancer March 2011.
(The second-leading cause of cancer death in American men, behind only lung cancer.)
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:

Bruce Brown wasn't even kryptonite this year with DLO having the green light.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:29 am    Post subject:

Redemption time.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:29 am    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
Redemption time.

I love a good redemption story.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:05 am    Post subject:

Big shot by DLO. That was an important play and him sliding to the corner for that 3 was clutch.

Overall you could just see the difference in the two teams. One team had 5 threats. The other team had 2 or 3.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:35 am    Post subject:

Didn't watch the game but he's come up big the last two against NO. I don't know why he's so good against NO (LFR seemed to hint that there was a schematic thing) but most importantly he has his swagger to him. If we get this version of him and Gabe against the Nuggets, we'd present the toughest challenge to them from anyone in the west.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:43 am    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
Redemption time.

Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:44 am    Post subject:

I wnat DLO to rip Denver's heart this year...
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:

Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:44 pm    Post subject:

All comes down to him IMO. unless one of the other four starters just completely (bleep) the bed, it will be pretty even across the board. It’s basically DLO v Murray. If DLO can approximate Murray’s production, we’ll win. If he matches him, we’ll win. If he exceeds him, we’ll sweep. But if he lays an egg, it’s a wrap
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:

If he does this, I will forever pray to the altar of D'Lo.

To put it in the frankest way possible though - I don't think he has it in him even if the opportunity arrives. A lot of mental baggage against this particular opponent who is also very very good. Do I trust that he can overcome that baggage? Not particularly....but I would LOVE it to be wrong.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
All comes down to him IMO. unless one of the other four starters just completely (bleep) the bed, it will be pretty even across the board. It’s basically DLO v Murray. If DLO can approximate Murray’s production, we’ll win. If he matches him, we’ll win. If he exceeds him, we’ll sweep. But if he lays an egg, it’s a wrap

..wrong..smh. Its really RUI. There is no answer for him. It matters will HAM SCAM will allow him to play heavy minutes.

...but carry on. Ill see you and others right now above..complaining and whining....
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:34 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

..wrong..smh. Its really RUI. There is no answer for him. It matters will HAM SCAM will allow him to play heavy minutes.

...but carry on. Ill see you and others right now above..complaining and whining....

We lost last year in large part because of DLO’s lack of production, not Rui’s
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Rui was sat down a good majority in the playoffs when he was actually doing great, and people raged in the game forum about it..go back and look in that thread. Its also why you will hear some people point to why RUI was not put in the starting lineup for sol long and this being a result why we were in the 9th place for so long this year ..all you got to do is look.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Rui was a pleasant surprise in the 1st round and then was inconsistent and the Lakers still didn't know how to utilize him. This year they know exactly what they have and how to utilize him.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:35 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Rui was sat down a good majority in the playoffs when he was actually doing great, and people raged in the game forum about it..go back and look in that thread. Its also why you will hear some people point to why RUI was not put in the starting lineup for sol long and this being a result why we were in the 9th place for so long this year ..all you got to do is look.

Rui and Vando got our schemed in the golden state series. Vando offered no offense so they played off him and Rui could not figure out how to contest them. Klay went off games 1 and 2 when Rui was in because he kept getting lost when he and Reaves tried to switch and contest or communicate. Ham moved Dlo to Klay and he moved Denis into the rotation heavier than Rui or Vando and it was needed to beat that team.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:46 pm    Post subject:

DLo averaged about 14 points and 38% from three-point range in the 2/3 games he played against the Nuggets this regular season. If he can match they over 4+ games, he wont be the reason for a loss.

Last edited by dont_be_a_wuss on Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2863, 2864, 2865 ... 2896, 2897, 2898  Next
Page 2864 of 2898
Jump to: