THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3680, 3681, 3682 ... 3684, 3685, 3686  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 7:48 am    Post subject:

They don't want Stormy to talk about Trumps "small" hands.

Quote:

A Trump attorney, Susan Necheles, asked that Daniels be barred from testifying about “the details” of the alleged sexual encounter. Prosecutor Susan Hoffinger said such details were relevant to her credibility but also offered reassurances that they would be “really basic.”

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 8:25 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I hope at the end of the day each individual American votes for what's best for themselves.

This kind of thinking by evangelicals, racists etc. is exactly why we are in the mess we are now.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 8:35 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
I hope at the end of the day each individual American votes for what's best for themselves.

This kind of thinking by evangelicals, racists etc. is exactly why we are in the mess we are now.

That's the point I attempted to convey when I posted
Quote:
Key term Their self interests. Idiotic fits. They may truly believe Trump's way is in their self interests, White Supremacy.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Judge Cannon continues to put in work for Trump. Indefinitely postpones the classified documents trial.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/may/07/donald-trump-florida-trial-postponed
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 1:41 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
Judge Cannon continues to put in work for Trump. Indefinitely postpones the classified documents trial.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/may/07/donald-trump-florida-trial-postponed

It’s another paperless order, of course. The justice system is broken with rogue judges like this.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Completely corrupt. He will never see justice. I’m sure “Supreme Court Justice Cannon. Has a nice ring to it.” Has come out of Trump’s mouth or one of his cronies mouths when talking to her.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 2:20 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
Completely corrupt. He will never see justice. I’m sure “Supreme Court Justice Cannon. Has a nice ring to it.” Has come out of Trump’s mouth or one of his cronies mouths when talking to her.

Definitely. But then he'll likely pick someone else and she'll realize she was used. (let's hope it never actually comes to that)

That's the story of Michael Cohen. Worked for Trump for years and then hoped Trump would pick him for some important position in the administration. It never happened.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 3:40 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
trmiv wrote:

It’s another paperless order, of course. The justice system is broken with rogue judges like this.

Sign the petition: Judge Aileen Cannon must recuse herself from Trump’s case.

Add your name. LINK

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 5:21 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:

It wouldn't matter if "each individual American" voted.

Also, being racist or religious and voting Republican isn't what's best for yourself, unless you also have a net worth of 8-9 figures.

Of course you are a selfish, a-hole if you exploit the majority of people in the country for your own financial gain. But, that is just unregulated capitalism.

I have more disdain for poor and middle class conservatives who vote for a party that wants to cut the same programs they are relying on (social security, medicare/medicaid, social programs, making housing, food, and education more affordable). That amount of idiocy, breaks the built in benefits of a democracy.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 5:29 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:

That's the point I attempted to convey when I posted
Quote:
Key term Their self interests. Idiotic fits. They may truly believe Trump's way is in their self interests, White Supremacy.

You are describing the small silver lining I see from Trump scamming them into donations. When I think of a devout Trump supporter not being able to afford a necessity. Cause they sent agent orange all their disposable income. I get a shot of schadenfreude. It's not quite a Darwin award. But it is similar.

I don't pity them.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Finally Biden put on his big boy pants and spoke out against antisemitism today. Good speech today and I hope our Jewish friends feel slightly safer tonight knowing that the Democrat Party has not fully turned their backs against them
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Federal judge blasts threat by Alabama to prosecute groups aiding out-of-state abortions
CNN
JOHN FRITZE, CNN
May 7, 2024 at 5:44 AM

LINK

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 7:04 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
Finally Biden put on his big boy pants and spoke out against antisemitism today. Good speech today and I hope our Jewish friends feel slightly safer tonight knowing that the Democrat Party has not fully turned their backs against them

What percentage of your media diet is Fox News, Newsmax, Daily Wire, etc.?
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 7:41 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:

I smell tiki torches...
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 8:05 pm    Post subject:

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:10 am    Post subject:

Observation; Court artists are drawing very unflattering pictures of Stormy Daniels. Sormy is not an unattractive woman. They're not doing the same to Trump. Why the unfairness? LINK LINK

Last edited by jodeke on Wed May 08, 2024 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:12 am    Post subject:

Quote:
RFK Jr. says parasite ate part of his brain

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4651051-rfk-jr-says-parasite-ate-part-of-his-brain/

You don’t say.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:47 am    Post subject:

So we’ve had a potential GOP VP candidate admit to killing her dog and a third party presidential candidate admit he had a literal brain worm. Then we’ve got a criminal reality show host who tried to lead a coup, with a better than even shot to win the presidency. We live in ridiculous times. You can’t make this (bleep) up.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:07 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Quote:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4651051-rfk-jr-says-parasite-ate-part-of-his-brain/

You don’t say.

Best part:

Quote:
The doctor told him he believed the spot on the brain scan “was caused by a worm that got into my brain and ate a portion of it and then died,”

Murdock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Biden says he will stop sending bombs and artillery shells to Israel if they launch major invasion of Rafah

By Kevin Liptak, CNN
7 minute read
Updated 7:00 PM EDT, Wed May 8, 2024

Racine, Wisconsin
CNN

President Joe Biden said for the first time Wednesday he would halt some shipments of American weapons to Israel – which he acknowledged have been used to kill civilians in Gaza – if Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu orders a major invasion of the city of Rafah.

“Civilians have been killed in Gaza as a consequence of those bombs and other ways in which they go after population centers,” Biden told CNN’s Erin Burnett in an exclusive interview on “Erin Burnett OutFront,” referring to 2,000-pound bombs that Biden paused shipments of last week.

“I made it clear that if they go into Rafah – they haven’t gone in Rafah yet – if they go into Rafah, I’m not supplying the weapons that have been used historically to deal with Rafah, to deal with the cities – that deal with that problem,” Biden said.

The president’s announcement that he was prepared to condition American weaponry on Israel’s actions amounts to a turning point in the seven-month conflict between Israel and Hamas. And his acknowledgement that American bombs had been used to kill civilians in Gaza was a stark recognition of the United States’ role in the war.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/05/08/politics/joe-biden-interview-cnntv/index.html
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 3:52 pm    Post subject:

slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Quote:

You don’t say.

Best part:

Quote:
The doctor told him he believed the spot on the brain scan “was caused by a worm that got into my brain and ate a portion of it and then died,”

Maybe that would explain this loony belief of his:

Quote:
YouTube has reportedly removed a conspiracy-laden interview between right-wing media figure Jordan Peterson and presidential hopeful Robert F Kennedy Jr.

During the interview, Mr Kennedy Jr repeated an infamous conspiracy theory made popular by Alex Jones, claiming that chemicals in the water were "turning the frogs gay."

Mr Kennedy Jr took the conspiracy theory a step further and claimed that chemicals in the water were also making people transgender.

Quote:
“I think a lot of the problems we see in kids, particularly boys, it’s probably underappreciated on that how much of that is coming from chemical exposures, including a lot of the sexual dysphoria that we’re seeing,” Mr Kennedy Jr said during the interview.

He claimed that children were "swimming through a soup of toxic chemicals" many of which he claimed were "endocrine disruptors."

“There’s atrazine throughout our water supply,” he said. "Atrazine, by the way, if you in a lab put atrazine in a tank full of frogs, it will chemically castrate and forcefully feminise every frog in there. And 10 per cent of the frogs, the male frogs will turn into fully viable females able to produce viable eggs if it’s doing that to frogs. It could, there’s a lot of other evidence that it’s doing to human beings as well."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/youtube-removes-rfk-conspiracy-video-b2360440.html

This guy is totally loco.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Many of you have probably heard of David Plouffe, who worked for the Obama campaign, the Obama WH, and subsequently has provided valuable election insights on MSNBC.

So he announced on twitter a couple days ago that he will have a podcast with none other than Kellyanne Conway to talk about their insights on campaigning, as if Kellyanne is just another reasonable pundit. To say that the reaction was negative is an understatement. The announcement had one of the worst ratios (comments vs likes) I have ever seen on twitter.

What a terrible move for his overall image. But it tells us that many people that we respect and consider decent people can still sell out for money and controversy. He must have known that it would go badly, but he did it anyway.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 7:23 pm    Post subject:

I think an alien took over Piers Morgan's body. I'm shocked.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Not sure why Omar’s joke about the Kennedys was removed. It was funny and nowhere near as offensive as some of the other stuff in this thread.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3680, 3681, 3682 ... 3684, 3685, 3686  Next
Page 3681 of 3686
Jump to: