The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2077, 2078, 2079 ... 2088, 2089, 2090  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:05 pm    Post subject:

It is crazy how athletic he still is
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:53 am    Post subject:

Shooting almost 41% from the 3, allowing the lowest Fg% in the league on isolations, what a freak
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:44 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
MJST wrote:
I remember when LeBron was in his early 30s and he said after Kyrie left Cleveland, that he was willing to eventually hand the keys over to Kyrie and let him run the team.

That was in 2017. It's 2024, it's 7 years later. He needs to hand those keys to DLO. The only way we are going to win isn't by playing LeBron-Ball. It's by letting DLO run the offense and allowing LeBron to attack as an advantage of that.

Yup we have said the same since before this season started. I rarely/almost never complain about Bron but it is what it is when it comes to HIS weaknesses. What we cant have is Bron (bleep) and shaking his head when he doesn't get the ball whenever he wants. Its not the other Lakers fault that they defer to him. Its because Bron becomes a passive-aggressive b**** who displays piss-poor body language when things dont go his way - the crap he was doing to D'Lo earlier this year.

We can be thankful to Bron for many things - but his poor body language has always been a weakness of his from even before as Rondo pointed out to him and the stunt he pulled on the admittedly stupid moment of JR Smith.

He always does this - you need someone like Rondo or Wade to reign him in. We don't really have that guy and Ham doesn't have the cred to do it either.

I think he could mentally unlock the best of D'Lo but Bron has played the same way since he was in grade school, I think even if he wants to genuinely try he will revert back to bad habits.
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
https://x.com/spikereeds/status/1766339129149944077?s=46

He not going anywhere and he getting whatever contract he wants

Lebron deserves 2 year 120M.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:21 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
MJST wrote:
I remember when LeBron was in his early 30s and he said after Kyrie left Cleveland, that he was willing to eventually hand the keys over to Kyrie and let him run the team.

That was in 2017. It's 2024, it's 7 years later. He needs to hand those keys to DLO. The only way we are going to win isn't by playing LeBron-Ball. It's by letting DLO run the offense and allowing LeBron to attack as an advantage of that.

Yup we have said the same since before this season started. I rarely/almost never complain about Bron but it is what it is when it comes to HIS weaknesses. What we cant have is Bron (bleep) and shaking his head when he doesn't get the ball whenever he wants. Its not the other Lakers fault that they defer to him. Its because Bron becomes a passive-aggressive b**** who displays piss-poor body language when things dont go his way - the crap he was doing to D'Lo earlier this year.

We can be thankful to Bron for many things - but his poor body language has always been a weakness of his from even before as Rondo pointed out to him and the stunt he pulled on the admittedly stupid moment of JR Smith.

He always does this - you need someone like Rondo or Wade to reign him in. We don't really have that guy and Ham doesn't have the cred to do it either.

I think he could mentally unlock the best of D'Lo but Bron has played the same way since he was in grade school, I think even if he wants to genuinely try he will revert back to bad habits.

Honestly? DLo is a willing participant in this. When LeBron's off the floor too I constantly see him deferring to Austin. Ham sits him too long too. I hardly think this is a LeBron problem. And DLo never demands it.

I get the sense that he's considered kind of a goofball savant, and is often overlooked in the offensive pecking order because of that. AD's got the same problem.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Lebron since ASB:

28.5 ppg
9.6 apg
6.5 rpg
3.1 tov
59% fg
45% 3fg
70% ft
+43

Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:56 pm    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:

Getting rid of all 3 would be a dream.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:45 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:

If they extend this guy one more time, I'm going to blow. He is not a top 10 player anymore. Our record is as much his fault as anyone else. Old play hard some of the time mofo.

The check my stats and longevity master no doubt. When it comes to winning he falls down the list.

Last edited by defense on Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:09 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Snipes wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:

If they extend this guy one more time, I'm going to blow. He is not a top 10 player anymore. Our record is as much his fault as anyone else. Old play hard some of the time mofo.

The check my stats and longevity master no doubt. When it comes to winning he falls down the list.

Yeah I'm just sick of the disappointment.

LeBron is doing amazing for his age, but if Jeanie extends him she's a complete idiot.

You are basically just chaining yourself to a brilliant but slowly sinking ship.

I understood signing Kobe because we were tanking and we owed him for five titles... but it's a different story with LBJ.

Seriously f&ck her and Linda if they tie us up for the next four years.

F&ck them even more if they trade all our picks for some mediocre star like Dejounte.
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:27 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
defense wrote:
Snipes wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:

LeBron is doing amazing for his age, but if Jeanie extends him she's a complete idiot.

You are basically just chaining yourself to a brilliant but slowly sinking ship.

I understood signing Kobe because we were tanking and we owed him for five titles... but it's a different story with LBJ.

F&ck them even more if they trade all our picks for some mediocre star like Dejounte.

Kobe is the example for both why you do it, and why you don't. I just can't get too mad at Kobe contract because that's twenty years, 5 rings and some absolutely AMAZING moments they'll show for as long as highlight reels exist. LeBron is tailed end of career, 1 ring and that's about it. He doesn't deserve the red carpet treatment for retirement from the Lakers no matter what he did before (and since he already broke the scoring total, there's no further moments to be had honestly).

But what it really tells me is that Jeannie and whoever else running the show doesn't have a plan moving forward. They are probably absolutely sweating bullets not knowing how to move on from LeBron and it may kill this franchise for the next 5 years or more.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:43 am    Post subject:

Sojo wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
defense wrote:
Snipes wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:

Kobe is the example for both why you do it, and why you don't. I just can't get too mad at Kobe contract because that's twenty years, 5 rings and some absolutely AMAZING moments they'll show for as long as highlight reels exist. LeBron is tailed end of career, 1 ring and that's about it. He doesn't deserve the red carpet treatment for retirement from the Lakers no matter what he did before (and since he already broke the scoring total, there's no further moments to be had honestly).

But what it really tells me is that Jeannie and whoever else running the show doesn't have a plan moving forward. They are probably absolutely sweating bullets not knowing how to move on from LeBron and it may kill this franchise for the next 5 years or more.

The saddest part is that it didn’t have to be that way. The FO just needed to take a look at the team needs and deficiencies…lack of back court defense/athleticism, poor rebounding…then add players to compensate.

IMO: FRP + 1stRpSwap + 2ndRP + Vincent/JHFino/Hays = Caruso/Drummomd = #18. Either that or something I hadn’t thought of that a professional GM could conceive to improve the team at the deadline or preferably in the off season.

…but they didn’t do sh-t, so the team won’t either, except for maybe a play-in win and 1st rd exit.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:44 am    Post subject:

One thought should be, are the Laks better with him than without, which is an undeniable, yep. Oh, and he is a draw.

Another thought should be, is the money well spent, considering he's a top 3 salaried player (and not a top 3 player), playing 50'ish games per year, and as stated previously, declining, albeit slower than anyone ever.

There is no easy answer today, but if another star else WANTS to join and replace him, then maybe it is time to thank LeBron and say goodby.
Zillethai
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:22 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
One thought should be, are the Laks better with him than without, which is an undeniable, yep.

When Lebron is off the floor, it is undeniable the team plays faster and DLO is quicker to get into a rhythm and plays more aggressively. But they are still not better without Lebron.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:28 am    Post subject:

Zillethai wrote:
ribeye wrote:
One thought should be, are the Laks better with him than without, which is an undeniable, yep.

When Lebron is off the floor, it is undeniable the team plays faster and DLO is quicker to get into a rhythm and plays more aggressively. But they are still not better without Lebron.

Subtract a 47 million dollar player then you must add a player or 3 to replace him. Are we better then? We could be...
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:28 am    Post subject:

Zillethai wrote:
ribeye wrote:

Yup. And it's a very good thing that the team has an offensive identity without Bron. But he's still got the highest total plus/minus on the team.

There's no one that can replace LeBron's salary slot in free agency and be a better player and provide his aggregate value.

Now, you can argue transitioning to a different era sooner, but there's no natural trade partner for LeBron. New York sort of makes sense, but Randle is plainly not a seriously good player. I'd take OG, but that'll never happen.

Golden State would give us Wiggins and Kuminga. Kuminga and the Golden State picks + our own picks might be enough to land a true megastar should they ask out, or it may not be.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:17 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
ribeye wrote:

Subtract a 47 million dollar player then you must add a player or 3 to replace him. Are we better then? We could be...

Depends on the player.

If you just let him walk and subtract his $51M next season... Lakers only gain about $13M-$14M in capspace.
Dominic1981
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Bronny James ends his freshman season at USC.
USC went 14-17 this year.

19.6 mpg
4.8 ppg
Shoots 37/28/62

No way this guy is getting drafted by anyone. Averaged less than 5 points a game and shot 37%
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:14 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
defense wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
ribeye wrote:

Depends on the player.

If you just let him walk and subtract his $51M next season... Lakers only gain about $13M-$14M in capspace.

There is always the trade option, teams would sell out for a shot at a ring. Problem is the Lakers are not in it for basketball right now. They are marketing and managing.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:38 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
defense wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
ribeye wrote:

Depends on the player.

There is always the trade option, teams would sell out for a shot at a ring. Problem is the Lakers are not in it for basketball right now. They are marketing and managing.

Lakers missed the opportunity to trade James. The time to trade him was last season. Team gets minimal value now with James already breaking the points record and another year on his legs.

The time to trade him would have been getting the Durant trade pieces of Bridges, Johnson , Crowder and a couple firsts?

The only way he gets moved no is if he forces his way out ring chasing and it is part of a sign and trade. Providing the Lakers with minimal return due to no trade leverage at all.

James is likely to finish his career a Laker. That is good or bad depending on your point of view and expectations. Get used to it.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:43 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
defense wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
defense wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
ribeye wrote:

Depends on the player.

Lakers missed the opportunity to trade James. The time to trade him was last season. Team gets minimal value now with James already breaking the points record and another year on his legs.

The time to trade him would have been getting the Durant trade pieces of Bridges, Johnson , Crowder and a couple firsts?

The only way he gets moved no is if he forces his way out ring chasing and it is part of a sign and trade. Providing the Lakers with minimal return due to no trade leverage at all.

James is likely to finish his career a Laker. That is good or bad depending on your point of view and expectations. Get used to it.

Championship is not guaranteed but superstars always make the franchise intriguing and interesting. Lakers have the reputation that they will cater to their superstars. Lakers will likely protect that reputation . So yes Lebron will most likely retire donning purple and gold along with Bronny on 2 way G leaguer on another history making event.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Refs going to review Lebrons 3 during a timeout but not doing the same when shot clock error gave the warriors an extra 6 seconds to score…just smh
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:27 pm    Post subject:

I'm starting to think LeBron has one, maybe even two years of superstar or near-superstar-level play left in him if he is lucky enough to avoid a major injury. I know there are downsides to having him and that there are things about him that annoy us, but we have to try to get another championship out of him.

When he leaves, who knows how much longer it will take us to get another all-time great? Especially given the issues with the front office. Dr. Buss ain't walking through that door, and neither is Jerry West.

We're not that far away from having a championship-caliber roster. Maybe you trade either DLO or AR for Dejounte Murray, get a 3-and-D wing and see if you can upgrade from Darvin Ham.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Memo to LeBron, a W against lowly Hawks on a weekday counts as the same as a prime time weekend game against the warriors. Gotta bring the same energy every game.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:35 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
I'm starting to think LeBron has one, maybe even two years of superstar or near-superstar-level play left in him if he is lucky enough to avoid a major injury. I know there are downsides to having him and that there are things about him that annoy us, but we have to try to get another championship out of him.

When he leaves, who knows how much longer it will take us to get another all-time great? Especially given the issues with the front office. Dr. Buss ain't walking through that door, and neither is Jerry West.

We're not that far away from having a championship-caliber roster. Maybe you trade either DLO or AR for Dejounte Murray, get a 3-and-D wing and see if you can upgrade from Darvin Ham.

Our record and our luck with being healthy says we are quite far away. Done are the days of Lebron/AD teams being title favorites. I think the front office knows that….we are simply hoping to be a dark horse team and try go on an unexpected run like last year.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:44 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Memo to LeBron, a W against lowly Hawks on a weekday counts as the same as a prime time weekend game against the warriors. Gotta bring the same energy every game.

He can’t lol. He has to pick and choose his spots or else he’ll be in street clothes before long. Remember last year? When AD went down he went on tear cuz he had to and ultimately lead to that foot injury.

He’s only got a few bullets left in the chamber (shout out to older Kobe for that line) and has to be strategic on when he exerts himself.

I get he’s old as dirt, but we can’t afford to rely on what he can give while eating up so much of the cap space.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2077, 2078, 2079 ... 2088, 2089, 2090  Next
Page 2078 of 2090
Jump to: