The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2078, 2079, 2080 ... 2088, 2089, 2090  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
slavavov wrote:
I'm starting to think LeBron has one, maybe even two years of superstar or near-superstar-level play left in him if he is lucky enough to avoid a major injury. I know there are downsides to having him and that there are things about him that annoy us, but we have to try to get another championship out of him.

When he leaves, who knows how much longer it will take us to get another all-time great? Especially given the issues with the front office. Dr. Buss ain't walking through that door, and neither is Jerry West.

We're not that far away from having a championship-caliber roster. Maybe you trade either DLO or AR for Dejounte Murray, get a 3-and-D wing and see if you can upgrade from Darvin Ham.

Our record and our luck with being healthy says we are quite far away. Done are the days of Lebron/AD teams being title favorites. I think the front office knows that….we are simply hoping to be a dark horse team and try go on an unexpected run like last year.

LeBron and AD have been relatively healthy this season. LeBron's minutes need to go down to about 32 a game, but he has been available for 59 of our 68 games.

Improving the roster would help them stay healthy moving forward, because it would reduce their workload and leave them more fresh for big games and the playoffs.

It seems our biggest problem this year isn't anything physical but something emotional/mental/spiritual and, to at least some extent, also coaching. Our roster is really good, we just need a couple of moves to make it championship-caliber when healthy.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:54 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

It seems our biggest problem this year isn't anything physical but something emotional/mental/spiritual and, to at least some extent, also coaching. Our roster is really good, we just need a couple of moves to make it championship-caliber when healthy.

I think the team doesn't have key/starting-caliber 2-way players. A majority of the rotation is 1-dimensional.
If Ham goes with a defensive lineup they can't score.
If he goes with an offensive lineup they can't defend.
If he goes with energy guys they're all totally 1-dimensional (Vando/Hayes)
etc.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Pure speculation on my part but looks like Lebron and team made a push to get the extension and the Lakers didn’t bite. If we lose in the play-in it’s not happening. If we make it past and we win a round or 2 he gets it. Purely performance based.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Pure speculation on my part but looks like Lebron and team made a push to get the extension and the Lakers didn’t bite. If we lose in the play-in it’s not happening. If we make it past and we win a round or 2 he gets it. Purely performance based.

I wish but reality is that Jeannie wants him back either way.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:31 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
slavavov wrote:

I think the team doesn't have key/starting-caliber 2-way players. A majority of the rotation is 1-dimensional.
etc.

You're absolutely right about that. But we still have enough talent overall to win at least 50 games. This team doesn't bother to show up emotionally or spiritually, which has led to losses in games they could've or should've won.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:47 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
slavavov wrote:

etc.

You're absolutely right about that. But we still have enough talent overall to win at least 50 games. This team doesn't bother to show up emotionally or spiritually, which has led to losses in games they could've or should've won.

Team is slow and unathletic. We lack size both in height and weight. We lack long players with agility similar to Vando who has been out the whole year. It's a lot more than emotions lol. Without Vando and Davis we are a horrendous defensive team. What advantage Lebron and Davis would have had in size has been negated because they are playing center and PF.

Last edited by defense on Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:54 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

<snip>

This is a great debate to have, I kinda agree with you that the current team is better than the current record. By how much, that's tough to say. BUT, I also say that:
- the win-deficit came earlier in the season, that's when a number of games were lost that should/could have been won.
- what we're seeing now though (other than the GS loss) is near par for this team
I had expected it would be a brutal March and that's what it has been. So far they're tracking .500 against good competition in March - if you subtract the GS loss. which is attributable mainly to AD's injury
Winning .500 against decent competition is about par for this team imo without Vando. And Vando would make some diff but imo at best make this a .600 (50-win) team - so we kinda agree as to this team's ceiling if all were healthy.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Some good watch if you can put some of the hating aside. Pretty refreshing compare from other Podcast with their who's better debates.

Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:07 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
slavavov wrote:

<snip>

This is a great debate to have, I kinda agree with you that the current team is better than the current record. By how much, that's tough to say. BUT, I also say that:
- the win-deficit came earlier in the season, that's when a number of games were lost that should/could have been won.
- what we're seeing now though (other than the GS loss) is near par for this team
I had expected it would be a brutal March and that's what it has been. So far they're tracking .500 against good competition in March - if you subtract the GS loss. which is attributable mainly to AD's injury
Winning .500 against decent competition is about par for this team imo without Vando. And Vando would make some diff but imo at best make this a .600 (50-win) team - so we kinda agree as to this team's ceiling if all were healthy.

We’d be a bit better if less injuries and better coaching. But I’m talking like a 6th seed. Our ceiling just isn’t as high as people want to believe. We won in 2020 because Lebron and AD were both top 4 players the whole year. Now they’re more like 10-15. That’s a MASSIVE drop off in impact.

At this point in the season, our record is reflective of what we are for the most part. We are a play-in level team and with some favorable matchups, maybe we go farther than expected (like last year)

The issue is people thought we were really a WCF level team and that should’ve been our floor. But in reality we’re just a play in team that got lucky with the matchups for 2 rounds.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:37 am    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
slavavov wrote:

<snip>

We’d be a bit better if less injuries and better coaching. But I’m talking like a 6th seed. Our ceiling just isn’t as high as people want to believe. We won in 2020 because Lebron and AD were both top 4 players the whole year. Now they’re more like 10-15. That’s a MASSIVE drop off in impact.

At this point in the season, our record is reflective of what we are for the most part. We are a play-in level team and with some favorable matchups, maybe we go farther than expected (like last year)

The issue is people thought we were really a WCF level team and that should’ve been our floor. But in reality we’re just a play in team that got lucky with the matchups for 2 rounds.

When looking at the win rate since Rui has been moved into the starting line up it looks as if the Lakers could perhaps be a top 4 team in the west. That win rate aligns to a WCF this year as it was last year. Vincent is a long shot at this point along with Vando, plus with Wood out (not that he was a major impact anyway tho), it looks like better coaching, (going with Rui), and less injuries, (Vincent, Vando, Wood), would have the Lakers competing for a ship.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Way to lead us young fella!!!

Made it his mission tonight to go inside. Only one 3 tonight.

Made that triple double look easy.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:35 pm    Post subject:

He was active, and we definitely needed it. He might have forced things a bit and it led to some turnovers early, but he was steady nonetheless. His rebounding was great tonight, wish we could have gotten him more rest tonight.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 am    Post subject:

Could be our last push for a championship. Have to use Lebron wisely down the stretch. When he's rested, offensively, he's still not far off from 2020 Bron.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:17 pm    Post subject:

This guy is pretty good
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:31 pm    Post subject:

When LeBron is playing like this there is no other choice but to capitalize on it this year, we just need others to follow his level of play
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Good god. 9/10 from three? Dude is unbelievable.
lakerfansd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:35 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

I just hope by last 1-2 games of season we've locked into whatever seed we are going to get and can give him a game or two off. He seems to always look spry after a rest and we may be in single elimination game for play-in.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Cue Boys II Men

LeBron James on how long he expects to continue playing in the NBA: “Not very long. … I’m not gonna play another 21 years, that’s for damn sure. But not very long. I don’t know when that door will close as far as when I’ll retire. But I don’t have much time left.”

🎥 https://x.com/jovanbuha/status/1774602525057896918?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:10 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Cue Boys II Men

LeBron James on how long he expects to continue playing in the NBA: “Not very long. … I’m not gonna play another 21 years, that’s for damn sure. But not very long. I don’t know when that door will close as far as when I’ll retire. But I don’t have much time left.”

🎥 https://x.com/jovanbuha/status/1774602525057896918?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

He'll probably go 23 seasons as an homage to his number
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:19 pm    Post subject:

LeGod!! This is the Lebron that we've won the championship with. Looks like he's playoff ready. Let's hope this supporting cast won't let him down. I know Denver might be hard to beat but if we get this Bron and everyone shows up, it's anybody's series imo.

We played Denver really tight last year. If everyone on the team would just want it more than them, then we could get it. It's just sheer willpower.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:33 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

Not only that, 41% from the 3 this season, damn that’s impressive
Robblake
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:43 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
LeGod!! This is the Lebron that we've won the championship with. Looks like he's playoff ready. Let's hope this supporting cast won't let him down. I know Denver might be hard to beat but if we get this Bron and everyone shows up, it's anybody's series imo.

We played Denver really tight last year. If everyone on the team would just want it more than them, then we could get it. It's just sheer willpower.

It honestly is just willpower vs the nuggets and getting the money off their back. They can shoot and compete with anyone when they’re on.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:54 am    Post subject:

Los Angeles Lakers @Lakers
Quote:
Ladies & gentlemen: LeBron James.

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1774821524517834806

40 POINTS
7 REBOUNDS
5 ASSISTS
13/17 FG
9/10 3PT
101.83% TS

👑🐐

https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1774590981267935273
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:28 am    Post subject:

If he could just have 2 of these hot shooting nights against the nuggets we could beat them.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:50 am    Post subject:

Robblake wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

It honestly is just willpower vs the nuggets and getting the money off their back. They can shoot and compete with anyone when they’re on.

Dive for every loose ball. Hustle after every rebound. Those things could mean the difference between winning and losing in a tight game, which we have always done against the Thuggets. We just have to want it more than them. Leave it all on the floor.

Nuggets have like a mental edge against us for winning 8 in a row so we'd have to shake that off too.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2078, 2079, 2080 ... 2088, 2089, 2090  Next
Page 2079 of 2090
Jump to: