The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2091, 2092, 2093 ... 2099, 2100, 2101  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Ship his ass out
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:07 pm    Post subject:

I was done with the LBJ experience last year and this year is worse. I appreciate his 3pt shooting nice Adjustment but his horrible defense, pound the rock for 20 second offense, constant berating is his own team for mistakes that he has made and the off-season rumor mill that his camp creates is getting old. It's hard to overlook it. I get our team will be trash for a few but it's been trash last few seasons as well. Have to rip the bandaid. Build around AD, question is how and can we do it soon enough. Very glad I'm not Rob.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Lebron and AD played their asses off…it’s the others that failed them (besides Reaves)
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Props to Bron. 39 years of age, playing like an all-star. Gave a quality season. If you get 50 all-star level games from Lebron at this stage of his career, it's a steal. We got that, about 70+ healthy games and a pretty strong playoffs effort.

Whatever offseason politics he plays with his team, that's not going to change that he's been real solid. He's a good leader. Wherever he has gone, he has brought that stability, winning (at least 1 ring) and some success. Take for example another great player who move around a lot - KD. Younger and a more lethal scorer. Has moved on many places, without success.

Lebron's greatest trait is his leadership and stability he provides to a team, IMO.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Robblake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Lebron should’ve been the third best player on our team and honestly used closer to a 6th man to keep him optimized.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Robblake wrote:
Lebron should’ve been the third best player on our team and honestly used closer to a 6th man to keep him optimized.

Agreed. Question is was he ready to take such a role.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:18 pm    Post subject:

LeBron says he's focused on the Fam right now, not next season

EDIT - Then his interview feed cut out lol

Last edited by TDRock on Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Lebron needs to take a paycut.

let's sign Anthony Edwards Jordan.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:20 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
Robblake wrote:

We actually need a player capable of being a number 1 or 2 option first. Whoever with AD as the 1-2 punch and Lebron being a super role player. Idk if we can afford roster construction like that if Lebron doesn’t take a massive paycut

Last edited by Brawn13 on Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:20 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
Robblake wrote:

If you surround him with weapons, his default game is to move the ball. He's not KD. He's not just a scorer. He's a great leader and playmaker. The issue with our team is that our best non-Lebron scorers from the perimeter (Reaves, DLO etc) all are non impact defenders and also not mega stars. They're good, but not all-stars. If Reaves/DLO are Klay/Curry, we probably win a title with this group (assuming a coaching change as well).

At this stage, you probably need DLO/Reaves level scorers who also defend at an elite/high level. And Lebron can be hidden a bit defensively. Something we just can't do at the moment. You see how easy it was for Denver to run their sets in crunch time. That's with a DPOTY type of player like AD.

If we do make a big move, we need to understand the mistakes of the Westbrook trade or what the Suns did with Bradley Beal. Don't trade just to get another scoring threat. The parts have to fit. Whomever is coming, will need to play off Lebron. You need a great shooter, somoone that can sit back and just spot up at times. Someone that is comfortable playing with Lebron as a screen setter, AD as a screen setter. A better, star version of DLO. I don't see that player on the market, BTW.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:32 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
Robblake wrote:

If you surround him with weapons, his default game is to move the ball. He's not KD. He's not just a scorer. He's a great leader and playmaker. The issue with our team is that our best non-Lebron scorers from the perimeter (Reaves, DLO etc) all are non impact defenders and also not mega stars. They're good, but not all-stars. If Reaves/DLO are Klay/Curry, we probably win a title with this group (assuming a coaching change as well).

At this stage, you probably need DLO/Reaves level scorers who also defend at an elite/high level. And Lebron can be hidden a bit defensively. Something we just can't do at the moment. You see how easy it was for Denver to run their sets in crunch time. That's with a DPOTY type of player like AD.

If we do make a big move, we need to understand the mistakes of the Westbrook trade or what the Suns did with Bradley Beal. Don't trade just to get another scoring threat. The parts have to fit. Whomever is coming, will need to play off Lebron. You need a great shooter, somoone that can sit back and just spot up at times. Someone that is comfortable playing with Lebron as a screen setter, AD as a screen setter. A better, star version of DLO. I don't see that player on the market, BTW.

Partly agree. Fully agree parts need to fit and not just.trade for sake of trading. Disagree that we should be finding complementary players to LBJ. Should be complementary to AD. AD should be option 1, LeBron a partial option 2 but really some other player to be our real option 2 and Lebron to take the backseat as option 3. That means we may not be building to what LeBron needs and rather what AD needs.

I'm also not convinced lebron can still be the playmaker he once was due to the decline in athleticism.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Lebron needs to take a paycut.

let's sign Anthony Edwards Jordan.

If we can find a way to sign Anthony Bryant Edwards Jordan in 2028 when he’s a FA, that would be ideal.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Shams : Jeanie giving Bron 164/3yr max 😂
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:39 pm    Post subject:

^
I think we need to define third "best". If you mean third best scorer, I totally agree. If AD is 1, we find a star 2 that fits in, and Lebron can control the ball as a PG/playmaker 3rd option scorer that will work very well. The key is to not lose the depth and to find the right star 2.

DLO when he is on plays that star 2 role perfect. The problem with DLO he is inconsistent. He's more a starter/than an all-star at this stage. We can't rely on him consistently to give us that star 2 role.

So I understand trading for one, but it needs to be one that fits in. You see with Denver the parts all fit in around Joker. No matter what we do, the parts need to fit around Lebron. He will never be an off ball lower usage player.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:41 pm    Post subject:

I'd like to remind LBJ he needs two rings to tie Jordan... not one. Unless LBJ wants to come back on minimum contract to allow us to actually put a team around him. Blow it up and trade AD for multiple firsts and start the rebuild now.

AD is only 30 and put together a fully healthy season. His stock is as high as ever and he will get us a ton of return back. Rudy got 5 picks, AD will get us a ton too. LBJ can opt in and we can trade him as well. Or he can walk

Either way we are not winning with LBJ on max contract anymore. But more importantly for LBJ he will never win again on a max. You're billionaire dude now go tie Jordan. Hell if you get 5 rings your legacy will be so crazy it will make you more money in the long run than taking the quick money now

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:41 pm    Post subject:

If he goes, I appreciate his last 6 years with the lakers, he gave it all
If he stays, I will root for him to be successful again

But him leaving doesn’t bother me at all
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:42 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
If he goes, I appreciate his last 6 years with the lakers, he gave it all
If he stays, I will root for him to be successful again

But him leaving doesn’t bother me at all

Shams already has article out tonight that Jeanie is ready to give him 3yr max
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Lebron doesn't play like he's approaching 40....but how long do Laker fans expect him to perform at this level?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Lakers are open to drafting Bronny James this June to help fulfill LeBron James’ dream of playing with his son, team sources tell @shamscharania, @sam_amick and @jovanbuha.

If they not only spend a roster spot on this kid but use a draft pick to do it…
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:48 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
The Lakers are open to drafting Bronny James this June to help fulfill LeBron James’ dream of playing with his son, team sources tell @shamscharania, @sam_amick and @jovanbuha.

why not, they wasted a 1st round pick last year on somebody who's worse
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:50 pm    Post subject:

I'm fine with whatever Lebron decides to do in the offseason or if Jeanie lets him walk.

But I'm not going to sit here and say I'm looking forward for a complete rebuild or multiple lotto seasons year after year.

My ideal would be for him to take a team friendly deal like similar to Harden. But for I also understand that he only have a few years left. $50+m salary would be hard to turn down.

Last edited by miggz23 on Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:50 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

why not, they wasted a 1st round pick last year on somebody who's worse

If you think Bronny is better than JHS you’re insane.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Please take a paycut if your son comes onboard, win-win for everyone.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:51 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

It would likely be a bought second round pick. Most mocks have him undrafted. He may be a FA undrafted signee ala Reaves. I'm not for this, but I highly doubt we'll be using our FRP on him.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:53 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
I'm fine with whatever Lebron decides to do in the offseason or if Jeanie lets him walk.

But I'm not going to sit here and say I'm looking forward for a complete rebuild or multiple lotto seasons year after year.

My ideal would be for him to take a team friendly deal like similar to Harden. But for I also understand that he only have a few years left. $50+m salary would be hard to turn down.

Lakers are in a no win situation as far as I can see. I think this current roster has reached its limit, its not going that far because the league is that much better now. Laker fans are probably not looking forward to rebuilding but that is probably what awaits them sooner or later.

Last edited by lakersken80 on Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2091, 2092, 2093 ... 2099, 2100, 2101  Next
Page 2092 of 2101
Jump to: