The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2092, 2093, 2094 ... 2099, 2100, 2101  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:53 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:
The Lakers are open to drafting Bronny James this June to help fulfill LeBron James’ dream of playing with his son, team sources tell @shamscharania, @sam_amick and @jovanbuha.

If they not only spend a roster spot on this kid but use a draft pick to do it…

It would likely be a bought second round pick. Most mocks have him undrafted. He may be a FA undrafted signee ala Reaves. I'm not for this, but I highly doubt we'll be using our FRP on him.

If it’s a 2 way deal then fine. Using any draft pick, even a 2nd, and giving him a roster spot is major malpractice.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:54 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:
The Lakers are open to drafting Bronny James this June to help fulfill LeBron James’ dream of playing with his son, team sources tell @shamscharania, @sam_amick and @jovanbuha.

It would likely be a bought second round pick. Most mocks have him undrafted. He may be a FA undrafted signee ala Reaves. I'm not for this, but I highly doubt we'll be using our FRP on him.

If it’s a 2 way deal then fine. Using any draft pick, even a 2nd, and giving him a roster spot is major malpractice.

Drafting jhs over cam and jjj was malpractice.

Buying a 2nd to keep a cash cow to cheap owner is all worth it
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:55 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

why not, they wasted a 1st round pick last year on somebody who's worse

Good Lord is this how far we’ve fallen as a franchise?

I can’t with this sycophant LeBron love anymore. Now we want his kid here too?

The standards of our franchise have fallen off a cliff.

Goodnight.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Please take a paycut if your son comes onboard, win-win for everyone.

I'm not going to sit here and beg the man to take the minimum. The thing is it's the smartest thing he can ever do. He'll win multiple championships and go down as the greatest of all time and make so much money it's insane because of his image and marketing. And he will have a fun ass time just destroying teams. He doesn't even need to do it on the Lakers he can go to any contender and do that or stay.

But you got to think outside the box to do something like that and I'm not sure LeBron James can

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
ocho wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

You sound like Ham was going to play any of them anyways

Last edited by mad55557777 on Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Good thing we didn't hire Ty Lue because that would be acquiescing to LeBron.

I'm fine with a 15th man undrafted signing like Thanassis. Can't be any worse than JHS's rookie season. But if we use the 2024 pick it has to be on a ready to contribute guy.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:59 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
ocho wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

You sound like Hamwas going to play any of them anyways

??
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:02 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

I totally get the reservations, but it depends on many things here.

1) Lebron takes some form of paycut or signs for more than 1 year?
2) What is Bronny's position in the draft?
3) What does it cost to get the draft rights to be able to select him?
4) What good faith carries forward with Klutch IE are we partnering with Klutch, post Lebron?

I don't think it's a big deal if they say traded (bought) a 55th selection in the NBA draft to get him. He's not getting drafted in the first round for sure. He's likely a project late second round pick or more likely an undrafted FA who plays for your G league affiliate.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Davis says he will "absolutely" do what he can to keep LeBron James with the Lakers.

"Good thing about it is I'm gonna be with him all summer... He knows how I feel about him."

https://x.com/LakersNation/status/1785181767156318302
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:17 pm    Post subject:

3 year 146M extension?
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:22 pm    Post subject:

The amount of immediate ass kissing by the Lakers right after this loss is kind of sad.

What are you going to do though. That’s the modern Lakers. Brown nose the dude who just got bounced 4-1 in the first round of the playoffs. Don’t get me wrong, he was fantastic this series, but gentleman’s sweep in the first round is what it is.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:26 pm    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
The amount of immediate ass kissing by the Lakers right after this loss is kind of sad.

What are you going to do though. That’s the modern Lakers. Brown nose the dude who just got bounced 4-1 in the first round of the playoffs. Don’t get me wrong, he was fantastic this series, but gentleman’s sweep in the first round is what it is.

LeBron proving that he can still play at a high level is the reason why the Lakers are willing to roll the dice
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:29 pm    Post subject:

He'll sign the extension and then we lose to Denver 3rd year in a row. Insanity.

Just start the rebuild.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
He'll sign the extension and then we lose to Denver 3rd year in a row. Insanity.

Just start the rebuild.

I wouldn’t really say that LeBron coming back is set in stone these are just temporary noise going around the team, there is 6 months left to see what might change
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:

Just start the rebuild.

It’s clear that Jeanie wants to avoid a rebuild at all costs. And is just content riding the Lebron/AD train until Lebron retires.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:42 pm    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:

Sadly, the ownership is afraid of blowing it all up so they are gonna eek out whatever is left of Lebron's playing career.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:

Just start the rebuild.

Generally I would agree with this. But we have AD in his prime. And a bunch of solid role players that are around 26 years old. Think you have to roll the dice here 1 more time
Robblake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:48 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
^
I think we need to define third "best". If you mean third best scorer, I totally agree. If AD is 1, we find a star 2 that fits in, and Lebron can control the ball as a PG/playmaker 3rd option scorer that will work very well. The key is to not lose the depth and to find the right star 2.

DLO when he is on plays that star 2 role perfect. The problem with DLO he is inconsistent. He's more a starter/than an all-star at this stage. We can't rely on him consistently to give us that star 2 role.

So I understand trading for one, but it needs to be one that fits in. You see with Denver the parts all fit in around Joker. No matter what we do, the parts need to fit around Lebron. He will never be an off ball lower usage player.

That’s exactly what I mean. Great lebron avg a high statline, but he mad a lot of mental errors later into the season and playoffs that I can only attribute to fatigue. A Jason Tatum type.

I think we need focus on surrounding Ad personally. He has some good years left in him.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:00 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Anthony Davis says he will "absolutely" do what he can to keep LeBron James with the Lakers.

"Good thing about it is I'm gonna be with him all summer... He knows how I feel about him."

https://x.com/LakersNation/status/1785181767156318302

The Olympics are gonna be so interesting. Gonna be so much recruiting of and by Steph and KD lol
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:03 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

Just start the rebuild.

Generally I would agree with this. But we have AD in his prime. And a bunch of solid role players that are around 26 years old. Think you have to roll the dice here 1 more time

Rebuild people just love yelling "rebuild!"

What's the plan here? The weak 2024 draft and then what? That's worth being totally uncompetitive next year? You can be competitive next year and start the precious rebuild the year after. You can't be "championship or bust" then make moves that put you further from a championship with the hope that one day you'll be back to the spot you are now. There has to be some kind of cogent plan.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:33 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

Not really. If you put Bronny without the heart stuff head up against Lewis or JHS, he’s better than them. He’s more ready to be a pro than a college player because he’s into being Avery Bradley or Caruso than them.

I have no problem with a cost controlled second on him and locking him into the 4 years. He’s not worse than Pippen Jr, Lewis, JHS, and end of the team guys we have had …. He’s easily better and that’s not on Brons name but because he has a skill set we needs which is perimeter defense and point of attack defense. He’s realistically going to be what Bradley was when he played in the league and that’s solid enough.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:16 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Inverse wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

Just start the rebuild.

What's the plan here? The weak 2024 draft and then what? That's worth being totally uncompetitive next year? You can be competitive next year and start the precious rebuild the year after. You can't be "championship or bust" then make moves that put you further from a championship with the hope that one day you'll be back to the spot you are now. There has to be some kind of cogent plan.

It's pretty simple you trade AD for a boatload of picks and use those picks to create a team. But every year we put off the rebuild is another year AD loses his value. He is our only blue chip to trade. We aren't winning for the next three years anyway. A rebuild now gives us a fighter's chance to win in the future.

Three more years of play-ins and losing all AD's value by then is not the way to go. It's not about next year (fyi we are not winning) it's about 5 years down the road.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:45 am    Post subject:

Bronny going into the league this year if his father influenced him to , it would mean he has no true care about his career progression, just that he wants to be able to say he played next to his son in the NBA.

If his son wants to get actual development to become a useful playable player in the NBA, he'd stay in college. He isn't ready. Nowhere close. If he enters the draft just for the sake of his dad playing with him, it means his dad wouldn't really care where his son's career goes from there. Get the achievement and then he's on his own basically.

Bronny should stay in college another year.

Last edited by MJST on Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:57 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
levon wrote:
Inverse wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

Just start the rebuild.

It's pretty simple you trade AD for a boatload of picks and use those picks to create a team. But every year we put off the rebuild is another year AD loses his value. He is our only blue chip to trade. We aren't winning for the next three years anyway. A rebuild now gives us a fighter's chance to win in the future.

Three more years of play-ins and losing all AD's value by then is not the way to go. It's not about next year (fyi we are not winning) it's about 5 years down the road.

Trade Davis? Please no. They need to build around him moving forward.

I respect the career James has had. I appreciate the Championship he delivered. But it doesn’t s time to retire and enjoy his wealth and other business ventures.

The man still is incredibly talented but he is not competitive any longer. Too many lapses. Is he even having fun anymore? I know I’m not. Other yhan a few highlight dunks or mini runs he seems to be constantly complaining or frustrated. Even his walking off the court last night without congratulating the Nuggets was example of a player not getting it anymore.

Please retire. Let Bronny have his own career. Let the Lakers move on in a professional manner. Accept your accolades and become an owner. Let the oung men still trying to prove something have their moment.

Thank you for your time as a Laker. But it is time to retire Lebron.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:18 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Bronny going into the league this year if his father influenced him to , it would mean he has no true care about his career progression, just that he wants to be able to say he played next to his son in the NBA.

If his son wants to get actual development to become a useful playable player in the NBA, he'd stay in college. He isn't ready. Nowhere close. If he enters the draft just for the sake of his dad playing with him, it means his dad wouldn't really care where his son's career goes from there. Get the achievement and then he's on his own basically.

Bronny should stay in college another year.

Imagine thinking ur player evaluation is better then a guy that's in top 3 to ever play in the nba
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2092, 2093, 2094 ... 2099, 2100, 2101  Next
Page 2093 of 2101
Jump to: