The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2095, 2096, 2097 ... 2099, 2100, 2101  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derek94
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Last game as a Laker. I'm not going to answer that.

https://x.com/BleacherReport/status/1785180841150144733

I'm sure going to miss these antics from James.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:22 pm    Post subject:

derek94 wrote:

I recommend you watch the full postgame instead of consuming these little out-of-context bites that are meant to get you riled up (which they just did). This is such toxic internet culture.

If you watch the entire interview (4 minutes long) he's asked about his future and multiple times he's answered he's just thinking about his family and USAB. This is a standard answer every NBA player is conditioned to say when entering negotiations. This particular reporter tried to create a gotcha, which LeBron recognized. There is no good answer to this question. Seriously, come up one with yourself.

It's like the old playground "does your mom know you're a screw up?"
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:19 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
derek94 wrote:

I recommend you watch the full postgame instead of consuming these little out-of-context bites that are meant to get you riled up (which they just did). This is such toxic internet culture.

If you watch the entire interview (4 minutes long) he's asked about his future and multiple times he's answered he's just thinking about his family and USAB. This is a standard answer every NBA player is conditioned to say when entering negotiations. This particular reporter tried to create a gotcha, which LeBron recognized. There is no good answer to this question. Seriously, come up one with yourself.

It's like the old playground "does your mom know you're a screw up?"

Seriously. Lebron knew he was being baited into a controversial answer…so he chose not to answer. He probably doesn’t know what he’ll do until we find out what happens with Bronny.

But a simple idk yet would’ve ruffles feathers too smh. People micro analyze everything Lebron says and choose to be upset by it. If he doesn’t know if he’ll be back then he doesn’t know, if he doesn’t want to answer then he doesn’t want to answer. Lebron is not as deep as his critics make him out to be.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Great players never go out gracefully. MJ didn’t with the wizards, Shaq didn’t with the 80 teams he hopped around to, Olajuwon with the Raptors and on and on

Lebron is still remarkably good for his age but he will be no different sadly.
Robblake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:19 pm    Post subject:

He’s got two years max, and I foresee a decline in play next year. I really wish I had confidence in Jeanie and team to have a plan but w have no vision.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Big RUMOR!!!

LeBron eating Tacos tonight!!! TACOOOOO TUESDAYYYYYYYYY
Black Sheep
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:45 pm    Post subject:

New report from Woj just posted that drafting Bronny is no longer a priority for LeBron.

Sources I know say it's true and LeBron will only do that if he can secure a new extension from the Lakers for almost max.

Relax y'all
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:16 pm    Post subject:

^^^

Quote:
Woj on #NBAToday

- He spoke to Rich Paul, the idea of Bron & Bronny playing together is no longer a priority. They’re looking for the right developmental system for Bronny

- Bron is likely back w/ Lakers, it’s just a matter on the structure of deal. 2-3yr deal potentially
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Welcome back, Bron! I'm surprised nobody's bringing up his age anymore. I guess everyone understands now that Lebron will be Lebron until he's no longer Lebron.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:50 pm    Post subject:

He's obviously not going anywhere.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:30 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

Ridiculous to hear some of the fans just saying "time to move on" and let the rebuilding begins like it some short turn around back to being contenders.

I don't mind moving on from Lebron if there some type of plan... "Rebuild" is not something to look forward to.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Oh you mean LBJ doesn't want to be a helicopter parent in the NBA?!?!?!

Glad he realized Bronny might not want to play with dad on the same team.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:10 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
I love Lebron as a player and as an activist on social causes...but for my Lakers to succeed, Lebron needs to leave the team. His salary is preventing us from signing the sort of players we need to build a solid core around AD.

So, it comes down to this...either we keep feeding Lebron and stumble out of the play-ins into early post season exits, or we build a contending team around AD, like right now, and vie for a World Championship.

Lebron opting out creates zero cap space for the Lakers. To maximize the value of his departure, you’d need him to opt in so we could trade him. You are not going to get back guys that will make you a contender, so you have to get assets back and contracts you can hopefully turn into more assets. No team that would trade for Lebron will give you players that turn the trade into a lateral movement. You trade for Lebron to add to the core you have. You’re not trading a star for him.

There’s no “building around AD.” He’s a second banana. If you’re letting Lebron walk, you have to trade AD as well. This is the highest his value will ever be. Trading what picks we have to pair him with Trae Young or Mitchell is another play-in team. And that’s if he can get through a whole season healthy, which he was pretty fortunate to do, save for the stinger in an elimination game.

IMO, it’s either run it back but getting the best 2x all star you can with the picks, or you rebuild. The Pels having our pick and not wanting to give them a high pick is not reason to hold our cards. You will never get more assets for AD/Lebron than you will now, and that’s what you’ll need if the plan is to get Luka Doncic in two years. He’s not gonna come here to play with a 33 year-old AD. And you can’t trade for him because then you have no assets to improve the team around him. You have to repeat the AD/Lebron process: gather assets, get Luka to come here as a free agent, then use the assets you have to get another star. Maybe we luck out and hit on a pick or two in between.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:12 pm    Post subject:

FWIW, if we had had Mitchell instead of DLO, we beat the Nuggets. He had one game where he wasn’t bad or invisible and we won.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:22 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
I love Lebron as a player and as an activist on social causes...but for my Lakers to succeed, Lebron needs to leave the team. His salary is preventing us from signing the sort of players we need to build a solid core around AD.

So, it comes down to this...either we keep feeding Lebron and stumble out of the play-ins into early post season exits, or we build a contending team around AD, like right now, and vie for a World Championship.

The only way we will vie for a world championship is by keeping LeBron and making the right moves elsewhere.

If or when he leaves, we may not contend for the chip for many, many years.

I'm neither a LeBron fan nor a LeBron hater, and I know very well the downsides to having him, including the ridic amount of money he'll demand on an extension if he opts out. But it's much better than the alternative.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:48 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
^^^

Quote:
Woj on #NBAToday

- He spoke to Rich Paul, the idea of Bron & Bronny playing together is no longer a priority. They’re looking for the right developmental system for Bronny

- Bron is likely back w/ Lakers, it’s just a matter on the structure of deal. 2-3yr deal potentially

After the year he had at USC, Bronny is a G-league player at best. Worse then that, he's probably not even a starter on a G-league team - he's bench at best, at least initially

2-3 years in the G-league, probably...IF he can even move up after that.

So, Lebron & company are just being realistic - he's not going to be playing with Bronny anytime soon. Unless you're counting the occasional practice together.

Bronny would be much better off playing in college until he's ready for the G-league. He'll get much more playing time in college and much more hands on coaching to develop his skills. 1 or 2 college games a week vs 50 games in a G-league season with all the travel
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:06 pm    Post subject:

re: Bronny, no one is spending a first rounder on him. He's either a 2nd rounder or a 2-way guy.

However, i would actually bet on Bronny having a bigger impact on the Lakers next year than Jalen Hood Shifino
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:07 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
FWIW, if we had had Mitchell instead of DLO, we beat the Nuggets. He had one game where he wasn’t bad or invisible and we won.

Or Kyrie instead of DLO, Rui, Vanderbilt (who was injured), and Beasley (who walked). Not going all in on Kyrie last season and settling for Russell potential cost us a ring.

I even wonder if we would have won with Dejounte Murray instead of DLO.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:14 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
^^^

Quote:
Woj on #NBAToday

After the year he had at USC, Bronny is a G-league player at best. Worse then that, he's probably not even a starter on a G-league team - he's bench at best, at least initially

So, Lebron & company are just being realistic - he's not going to be playing with Bronny anytime soon. Unless you're counting the occasional practice together.

Bronny would be much better off playing in college until he's ready for the G-league. He'll get much more playing time in college and much more hands on coaching to develop his skills. 1 or 2 college games a week vs 50 games in a G-league season with all the travel

hating on someone's kid is so pathetic
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
P.K. wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
^^^

Quote:
Woj on #NBAToday

hating on someone's kid is so pathetic

How is that hating? It seems like a basketball perspective that most basketball people share. He isn't a draftable player right now.

Also, all these guys are someone's kid, we talk (bleep) about some of them. Bronny is an adult now that wants to get into the NBA, he better get used to it of he doesn't improve
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:18 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
Oh you mean LBJ doesn't want to be a helicopter parent in the NBA?!?!?!

Glad he realized Bronny might not want to play with dad on the same team.

Rushing him into the league when he isn't developed will probably end his career. Bronny isn't ready for the NBA I'm guessing some NBA execs were saying nice things to try to avoid getting Rich Paul from directing potential free agents from going to the teams of those execs.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:15 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
re: Bronny, no one is spending a first rounder on him. He's either a 2nd rounder or a 2-way guy.

However, i would actually bet on Bronny having a bigger impact on the Lakers next year than Jalen Hood Shifino

Seeing that JHS had negative win shares on the Lakers, even I had a more positive impact than JHS on the team!
Rakim Allah
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 8:50 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

That sounds more like Rui. DLO balled up in game 2 but Ham/Bron went to Bron Ball down stretch unlike in Game 4.
Rakim Allah
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 8:58 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Or Kyrie instead of DLO, Rui, Vanderbilt (who was injured), and Beasley (who walked). Not going all in on Kyrie last season and settling for Russell potential cost us a ring.

I even wonder if we would have won with Dejounte Murray instead of DLO.
Mitchell is not a Bron Ball player and has never been a 3rd option. Lakers probably get swept with him.

Kyrie has won with Bron but as 1A option. Better chance with him over Mitchell

Lakers don’t make the playoffs with Murray on the team. He’d be a terrible Bron Ball player. A upped middle class man’s Cam Reddish.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 12:54 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
danzag wrote:

Ridiculous to hear some of the fans just saying "time to move on" and let the rebuilding begins like it some short turn around back to being contenders.

I don't mind moving on from Lebron if there some type of plan... "Rebuild" is not something to look forward to.

What’s ridiculous is failing to understand that this core is never contending again. The sooner you rip it apart and start the rebuild the closer you are to contending again. It’s going to take years. You rather start serving your sentence now, or you can do it after 2-3 years. I rather get on with it, in fact I wish we started two years ago.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2095, 2096, 2097 ... 2099, 2100, 2101  Next
Page 2096 of 2101
Jump to: