TV Question
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: TV Question

Math wrote:
I have a friend who has cut the cord. He said adding Spectrum through Roku was like $40 a month. He can't do NBA Team Pass because he's in LA.

How do you guys watch Lakers games without cable if you're in LA?

Feel free to merge, I couldn't figure out where to post.

NBA league pass black outs for local teams are ridiculous and counter intuitive. But I guess that's the cable company's policy.. "Stay away from my market, let me force the locals to buy my product!"

VPN's are very dicey now too. They are getting smarter, and when they detect VPN is being used, you won't be able to watch it.

The only surefire way now, is to get it from Spectrum directly. But I'm sure there are the shady ways out there too.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I am paying $35 a month for Direct TV and get all Laker games

I can't believe that you are trolling here.

Either explain how we can all do the same, or stop trolling.

A strange flex indeed. He's probably grandfathered in to some deal that was promoted after WWII. LOL! Or, he's splitting bills with friends. I dunno.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Is this a serious question? We live in the age of google and ur asking how to watch an NBA game? Lemme just say this. You could watch all broadcast sporting events on the internet for free. I'll just leave it at that.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Is this a serious question? We live in the age of google and ur asking how to watch an NBA game? Lemme just say this. You could watch all broadcast sporting events on the internet for free. I'll just leave it at that.

Not everyone wants to go shady route. Especially with family and friends, you just want to turn on the tv and watch a game. The route you're talking about usually requires being on a PC, or some other cumbersome method to get it to the big screen. Not to mention the need to stay up to date with the LATEST WORKABLE METHOD.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

A strange flex indeed. He's probably grandfathered in to some deal that was promoted after WWII. LOL! Or, he's splitting bills with friends. I dunno.

On to direct tv streaming now. My package is $89 a month and since we are traveling so much with our camper, I can watch it if I can get an internet signal. Plus they have a cloud DVR so you can watch it wherever you are.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:19 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

On to direct tv streaming now. My package is $89 a month and since we are traveling so much with our camper, I can watch it if I can get an internet signal. Plus they have a cloud DVR so you can watch it wherever you are.

DirectTV steam does have regional sports networks. So you can get the lakers/clippers/dodgers/angels. To get that is cost 84.99 a month. So the 35 dollar thing isn’t the price.

For cord corners who want to do stream TV, DIRECTV stream is the only other one that has RSN in LA to get the lakers. Unfortunately it’s not the best streaming service.

If you get spectrum internet you can get spectrum choice which is streaming for 30 dollars a month plus fees. Not sure it has cloud service and channel selections are very limited.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: TV Question

Runway8 wrote:
Math wrote:
I have a friend who has cut the cord. He said adding Spectrum through Roku was like $40 a month. He can't do NBA Team Pass because he's in LA.

How do you guys watch Lakers games without cable if you're in LA?

Feel free to merge, I couldn't figure out where to post.

NBA league pass black outs for local teams are ridiculous and counter intuitive. But I guess that's the cable company's policy.. "Stay away from my market, let me force the locals to buy my product!"

VPN's are very dicey now too. They are getting smarter, and when they detect VPN is being used, you won't be able to watch it.

The only surefire way now, is to get it from Spectrum directly. But I'm sure there are the shady ways out there too.

Yes that is what I did get it from spectrum directly. Just remember you have to call them and add spectrum SportsNet cal. I think the total price for adding spectrum tv online and SportsNet cal with 15 channel is about 57 dollars.

Thing I don’t like about spectrum online is their app is available from roku but not fire stick except via indirect third party download which I haven’t figured out how to make work.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: