OFFICIAL GOLF THREAD: BREAKING - OMAR GETS AN ACE!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:04 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Tiger's on the course. He's reported to be hitting it solidly. I watched him walk. He has a noticeable limp. I wonder if he can hold up. I wish him well. Hope he gives his fans something to cheer on.

He'll probably make the cut but he'll just be a participant for the weekend. He's too far back.

If he makes the cut he'll probably have the largest following. Like DMR posted As someone said to one of the participants, "If Tiger shows up, you could play naked and no one will notice you."

I know Tiger isn't looking for participation trophies, but just making the cut at The Masters after not playing since Riviera? That is amazing and shows what a true golf savant this guy has always been. Not to mention he is two decades older than the current top players.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:19 am    Post subject:

Rain delay until tomorrow.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:37 am    Post subject:

Koepka has had the luck of the draw so far. And this happens frequently when weather is an issue at a tournament. But Koepka had the late-early draw for the first two rounds, so he got his round in yesterday before the bad weather. Then today, he only had to play 6 holes on the front nine; they were playing split tees so if he had started on #10, he would have had to play the water holes and Amen corner in the sloppy weather. So he didn't have to play the water holes today and he's increased his lead to 4. Tomorrow the weather is expected to be much better.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:51 am    Post subject:

Koepka also got to sleep in. Probably started his warm up around 11:00-11:30 eastern while those who didn’t finish had to start warming up at 6:00-6:30am
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:29 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Jon Rahm four putted the first hole for a double bogey and proceeded to go birdie-birdie to get back to even. A bad hole to start often leads to a championship win. Look out for Rahm today.

Everybody who voted no on sports gambling owes me $5,000
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Rahm is a great player. Won it on Seve's birthday, so perhaps it was in the cards. He has the game to win 5+ majors, although it's not easy to do that with as deep as the fields are. We thought Rory would be a lock for that when he won 4 of the before turning 25, for example, but he hasn't won another one since. That said, I would not bet against Rahm. I think he's mentally stronger than Rory is, for one thing. And he can really make birdies. Lots of them.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:45 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Rahm is a great player. Won it on Seve's birthday, so perhaps it was in the cards. He has the game to win 5+ majors, although it's not easy to do that with as deep as the fields are. We thought Rory would be a lock for that when he won 4 of the before turning 25, for example, but he hasn't won another one since. That said, I would not bet against Rahm. I think he's mentally stronger than Rory is, for one thing. And he can really make birdies. Lots of them.

Not sure if it will be Rahm, but I think the PGAs ulterior motive for deadening the golf ball is to have one or a few players separate themselves from the rest and create a GOAT since Tiger. The current golf ball and club tech makes it too easy for everybody to go low.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:34 am    Post subject:

Tiger withdraws from 2023 Masters.
Quote:
“I am disappointed to have to WD this morning due to reaggravating my plantar fasciitis. Thank you to the fans and to The Masters who have shown me so much love and support. Good luck to the players today!” I am disappointed to have to WD this morning due to reaggravating my plantar fasciitis.1 day ago

I think Eldridge will still compete but in fewer tournaments. He's faced the reality that his leg injury will limit his participation. Tiger may be ready to join the Senior's tour. He hinted he was ready to get in the buggy with Fred Couples.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:38 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

He is a great player and a very worthy Master's Champion, this isn't another Danny Willet or something.

I agree with you also that he is mentally tougher than McIlroy who in my opinion is overrated.

And the golf obituaries for the LIV Golfers would seem to be an overreaction, several of them (Koepka, Mickelson, Reed, Smith) all played very well.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:51 am    Post subject:

Tournaments may be done for Tiger:

Tiger Woods in horrible new development amid retirement worries

Tiger Woods has undergone surgery on his troubled ankle and could be set to miss months of the 2023 season in a worrying sign for the golf icon. On Wednesday, Woods underwent surgery on post-traumatic arthritis from a previous talus bone fracture.

The injury comes after Woods was involved in a life-threatening car accident in Los Angles in February 2021, which resulted in serious leg injuries. The injury left many fearing for Woods' career, but the champion golfer returned and now hand-picks tournaments.

At the Masters, Woods stunned fans when he announced he wouldn't compete all 72 holes due to the wild weather that has affected the tournament. It marked the second time in the past 12 months that Woods has been forced to withdraw from a major championship due to injury.

In September last year he pulled out of the PGA Championship at Southern Hills Country Club in Tulsa. On Wednesday, Woods said the surgery was successful but no timeline was granted for his return.

The 15-time major winner is all but certain to miss next month's US PGA Championship. However, greater concerns have been raised about his possible return at all considering his comments last year and at this year's The Masters.

Speaking in December, Woods said: "My goal is to play the major championships and one or two more. Physically that’s all I can do. I don't have much left in this leg."

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:46 am    Post subject:

The Slow Play issue is really out front right now in golf.

There is nothing worse than slow play in golf, if you aren't a member of a private club you have to slog through 5-6 hour rounds playing behind duffers who are lining up 3 foot puts for an 8 like it is the last hole of The Masters.

It is one of the major reasons I rarely play anymore, it drives me insane to wait on every tee behind clueless wanks.

On the PGA Tour, guys like Cantlay are excruciating to watch and need to be put on the clock and penalized as soon as they fall one hole behind.

It will be interesting to see if they address the subject on the professional level, it is already a lost cause on the recreational level outside of obtaining a country club membership. They do not tolerate slow play at all at the country clubs I have been to which is a welcome change.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 11:20 am    Post subject:

Koepka opening up a 4 shot lead at the PGA Championship. Could be the first LIV golfer to win a major.

Looks like he’s doing better today than the final rd at the Masters where he choked last month.

This would be his 5th major and 3 of the last 6 at the PGA Championship:

(2018, 2019, 2023)
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 4:41 pm    Post subject:

I feel for Hovland. That bunker mishap really killed any chance to pull even or get ahead.

I know the LIV stans are going to wet themselves over Brooks victory (and congrats to him for getting his 3rd PGA Championship, that's obviously a great accomplishment), but the really great story of the day was Michael Block's historical run as a club Pro being in that master, highlighted by that swished Ace on 15; a really great feel good moment in sports, and it's great the crowd was so pumped for it.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 5:43 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
I feel for Hovland. That bunker mishap really killed any chance to pull even or get ahead.

I know the LIV stans are going to wet themselves over Brooks victory (and congrats to him for getting his 3rd PGA Championship, that's obviously a great accomplishment), but the really great story of the day was Michael Block's historical run as a club Pro being in that master, highlighted by that swished Ace on 15; a really great feel good moment in sports, and it's great the crowd was so pumped for it.

Speaking of Block, that up-and-down on 18 looked impossible. He was in jail. That was an incredible pitch to land it where it did and get it to stop short of the hole, and that made par got him tied for 15th, which means he gets an automatic entry into next year's PGA at Valhalla, so no need to qualify again for him. What a week for him.

I agree about Hovland, he actually played well and held up well, that was just a brutal break just like what happened to Conners yesterday. Literally the exact same thing from the same bunker, which leads me to believe that something about that sand or the way that bunker was configured was missed by both players. Both balls failed to take off at all and just went straight into the lip. With short irons, too.

By the way, everyone on the Golf Channel, with the exception of Brad Faxon, is still saying that Koepka and the LIV guys shouldn't be allowed to play in the Ryder Cup. Give me a break. Why are these clowns so butt-hurt that guys may not want to play on the PGA Tour? Anyone who can watch Koepka play right now and think he is not fit to be one of the 12 U.S. golfers in an exhibition event that is not even run by the PGA Tour is certifiably insane. Koepka, incidentally, is currently #2 in U.S. Ryder Cup points, despite the fact that he is only allowed to accumulate Ryder Cup points in the majors because he doesn't play on the PGA Tour. He might render any decision moot because the top-6 in points automatically qualify, but someone like Dustin Johnson will probably get the shaft.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
And even some of the top golfers who defected to LIV have floundered since. Brooks, Bryson and Cam haven't exactly torn up the golf world since their defection.

This comment didn't age well...
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 5:46 am    Post subject:

Congratulations to Brooks. He was quoted as saying something like, I want to go 2nd, 1st, 1st, 1st in the majors this year. After finishing +2 in round one I thought he spoke too soon, I guess not.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:13 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Speaking of Block, that up-and-down on 18 looked impossible. He was in jail. That was an incredible pitch to land it where it did and get it to stop short of the hole, and that made par got him tied for 15th, which means he gets an automatic entry into next year's PGA at Valhalla, so no need to qualify again for him. What a week for him.

It was an impressive one for sure. Long chip over the green-side bunker, placed perfectly in the one spot he could land and use the fringe to slow the ball down to leave him with a make-able, but by no means easy, putt. And then the putt, with that dramatic little pause for dropping! Great stuff.

Quote:
I agree about Hovland, he actually played well and held up well, that was just a brutal break just like what happened to Conners yesterday. Literally the exact same thing from the same bunker, which leads me to believe that something about that sand or the way that bunker was configured was missed by both players. Both balls failed to take off at all and just went straight into the lip. With short irons, too.

Definitely a weird shot for pros to miss that badly. They just don't top balls in that situation. If anything, they do the opposite.

Quote:
By the way, everyone on the Golf Channel, with the exception of Brad Faxon, is still saying that Koepka and the LIV guys shouldn't be allowed to play in the Ryder Cup. Give me a break. Why are these clowns so butt-hurt that guys may not want to play on the PGA Tour? Anyone who can watch Koepka play right now and think he is not fit to be one of the 12 U.S. golfers in an exhibition event that is not even run by the PGA Tour is certifiably insane. Koepka, incidentally, is currently #2 in U.S. Ryder Cup points, despite the fact that he is only allowed to accumulate Ryder Cup points in the majors because he doesn't play on the PGA Tour. He might render any decision moot because the top-6 in points automatically qualify, but someone like Dustin Johnson will probably get the shaft.

Yeah, the Ryder is a different situation that shouldn't be muddled by the PGA/LIV conflict. The best players should be on the roster, regardless. The whole mess has gotten a bit silly on all sides. The Ryder should be something where that controversy is put aside.

I can't speak for the golf media, but to me the issue in the PGA/LIV conflict is not simply that the LIV players left the PGA; by all means, go elsewhere if you aren't happy. It's what they have left for, how they have handled it and the hypocrisy involved. I totally get some of the issues players may have with the PGA, but the whole LIV mess is not the best way to make their point. And having left, they need to accept that the choice comes with reasonable consequences. But not being allowed onto a Ryder Cup team is not one of them.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:38 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I can't speak for the golf media, but to me the issue in the PGA/LIV conflict is not simply that the LIV players left the PGA; by all means, go elsewhere if you aren't happy. It's what they have left for, how they have handled it and the hypocrisy involved. I totally get some of the issues players may have with the PGA, but the whole LIV mess is not the best way to make their point. And having left, they need to accept that the choice comes with reasonable consequences. But not being allowed onto a Ryder Cup team is not one of them.

I wonder who gets to decide what consequences are reasonable or not.

The PGA tour players?

The courts?

The fans?

So far, all the majors have allowed LIV players to play in their majors. Is this reasonable? The PGA tour players don't seem to like it...

And now the courts are deciding whether the PGA had the power to punish LIV players in the first place.

So, it's not clear who gets to decide what's reasonable and what's not.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 10:24 pm    Post subject:

^
Speaking as a fan, I'll just offer up my opinion. I understand the PGA Tour not wanting any LIV players to be able to play in their tournaments. I get it. They made a choice, they are getting paid extraordinarily well, and if you are a LIV player and you don't get to play the The Players Championship, The Colonial, Pebble Beach, or get to take place in the FedEx Cup Playoffs, well, that's the rub. Makes total sense to me. However, this is where it ends. There is no logical reason for any LIV player to not be able to take place in any event that is not run by the PGA Tour. That certainly means the majors and it certainly means the Ryder Cup. And the fact that the PGA Tour has put pressure on the major championships to not allow these guys to play, and clearly the Ryder Cup, is complete BS. Phil Mickelson might be shady, but he's not wrong about the Tour's motivations. And while we're at it, all the guys on the PGA Tour should be thanking all of the LIV defectors, because they are the sole reason that the conditions just happened to magically improve for themselves in the wake of what LIV was doing, with the heavily increased purses and the like.

Just let these guys play golf. I'd love it if the Justice Department dings the Tour somehow, leading to an actual resolution to this stuff. Give them their OWGR points (even if they are not worth as much as PGA Tour events, fine, just give them points), let them play the majors, and let's all move on with our lives.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 10:40 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
And while we're at it, all the guys on the PGA Tour should be thanking all of the LIV defectors, because they are the sole reason that the conditions just happened to magically improve for themselves in the wake of what LIV was doing, with the heavily increased purses and the like.

Yup. LIV improved the conditions for PGA players. That's undeniable.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 9:08 am    Post subject:

^^^

Here's my take on the LIV/PGA issue. To me, it's just a contract dispute. Nothing more.

Those players who defected had a contract with the PGA. They broke the contract, so it's a dispute between the defecting players vs. the PGA. That's all I see. A simple contract dispute, nothing more. And what happens when you have a contract dispute that can't be resolved? You take it to the courts. That's all.

I don't see why other players would get so butthurt over a contract dispute that doesn't involve them.

Here are my analogies:

Quote:
1) Ronaldo left Manchester United to join a Saudi Arabian team:

He was under contract at the time. He created a mess and they mutually agreed to part ways. No one really cared that he went to Saudi Arabia to play. Why? Because, it really doesn't affect the other players what Ronaldo does. That's the difference. PGA players feel threatened. That's where all the animosity is coming from.

2) Nike vs. Under Armour vs. Reebok vs. Addidas:

Each company has their share of players signed under contract. If Steph Curry wanted to break his contract with Under Armour to go join Nike, there'd be no peep about it. It'd just be a contract dispute between Curry and Under Armour. But, the players who are with Under Armour or with Nike or whatever wouldn't make a big fuss about it. Why? Because to each his own. It doesn't affect the other players' contracts. The difference with the PGA with LIV dispute is that the other PGA players do feel threatened when a player leaves the tour. They feel it can potentially hurt their livelihood, so they react the way they do. That's the difference to me.

3) XFL vs. NFL:

Any players right now who want to break their NFL contract to join the XFL would be laughed at. There would be no animosity. They'd just be called crazy or stupid. But there would be no uproar about it. Why? Because the NFL doesn't feel threatened by the XFL in any way.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:29 am    Post subject:

Quote:
PGA Tour, LIV Golf, DP World Tour announce merger

The PGA Tour, DP World Tour and the LIV Golf League, which have been embroiled in a bitter legal battle for more than a year, have agreed to merge and move forward in a larger commercial business, the circuits announced Tuesday.

The tours called the stunning development "a landmark agreement to unify the game of golf, on a global basis."

In a statement, the circuits said the parties have signed an agreement that "combines PIF's golf-related commercial businesses and rights (including LIV Golf) with the commercial businesses and rights of the PGA Tour and DP World Tour into a new, collectively owned, for-profit entity to ensure that all stakeholders benefit from a model that delivers maximum excitement and competition among the game's best players."

"After two years of disruption and distraction, this is a historic day for the game we all know and love," PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan said in a statement. "This transformational partnership recognizes the immeasurable strength of the PGA Tour's history, legacy and pro-competitive model and combines with it the DP World Tour and LIV -- including the team golf concept -- to create an organization that will benefit golf's players, commercial and charitable partners and fans."

The LIV Golf League, which was being financed by Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund (PIF) and fronted by two-time Open Championship winner Greg Norman, and 11 of its players, including Phil Mickelson and Bryson DeChambeau, had sued the PGA Tour in federal court last year, alleging that the PGA Tour had used its monopoly power to squash competition and influence vendors, media companies and others from working with LIV Golf.

The PGA Tour filed a countersuit, alleging that LIV Golf had interfered with its contracts with players.

The Public Investment Fund had dumped more than $2 billion into the golf enterprise, which critics have claimed is a form of sportswashing to repair the Saudi Arabian monarchy's history of human rights violations.

The landmark deal was reached without the knowledge of many PGA Tour members and LIV Golf players and agents.

Said one PGA Tour player reached by ESPN on Tuesday, "No f---ing way."

Whoa.

Looks like LIV won and the PGA caved in.

I wonder how much of this is due to Brooks Koepa winning the PGA Championship.

Guess all the dudes that left the PGA Tour to join LIV can have their cake and eat it too. They get the money + now they get to continue to play on the PGA Tour.

Can't wait to hear what all the hypocrites (PGA Tour players) say, now that they're also in bed with the Saudi's and the Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund:

Quote:
PIF is prepared to invest billions of new capital into the new entity, CNBC’S David Faber reported on Tuesday. Terms of the deal weren’t disclosed. As part of the agreement, the three groups will establish “a fair and objective process for any players who want to re-apply for membership with the PGA Tour or DP World Tour” following the end of the 2023 season, according to a release.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/06/06/pga-tour-agrees-to-merge-with-saudi-backed-rival-liv-golf.html

Video:

So here's the question. What happens to the public backlash now? I know all the players who joined LIV got alot of backlash. And LIV certainly did.

What now of the new merger?

I can't wait to hear from big mouth Rory McIlroy now.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:52 am    Post subject:

QFTOS:

Quote:
So much for morals huh PGA

Quote:
Wonder what Rory Mc will do?? Said he cant accept the 'Saudi blood money'🤔

Quote:
Every PGA player that didn't accept the LIV offer is punching the air right now 😂

Quote:
Surprise surprise....all those LIV guys got $100 million and get to go back to the tour. Not a bad trade.

Quote:
Money talks, BS walks 😂. What a 💩 show this was, I’ve enjoyed the drama. Was like middle school all over 😂

Quote:
$ellouts

Quote:
Tiger turned down 700 million…

Quote:
bahahaha. Oh man. This is such great news. I'm gonna grab my popcorn and read all the PGA apologists try and explain this one. Explain to us all how the PGA tour has joined the blood money regime! 😂😂

Quote:
Hideki flying Spirit was the last straw.

Quote:
This is almost like the NFL merging with XFL lol

Quote:
So to answer the experiment.

Always take the money.

Quote:
But but but all the blood money!!!!

Lmaooo all the players who said no to the money now look dumb

Quote:
Lmao this is just gold. All the LIV haters screaming about blood money are just gonna have to stop watching golf all together, or be a hypocrite. Crazy times we're living in.

Quote:
PGA Tour didn’t communicate this to players at all. They found out same time we did.

“Shocked and confused.”

“Disgusted. They didn’t tell us anything.”

Quote:
LMFAOOOOOO

The PGA guys said no to Saudi “blood” money only for their league to now be funded by said money. This is (bleep) hilarious tbh

Quote:
Brooks Koepka saved golf! Lolol

They realized that LIV players didn't just start sucking and were performing very well in majors and would be around for years. The convo was never going to to stop. LIV absolutely won this.

Quote:
How’s the Saudi money now, Mr.Monahan. For all those folks who made this into a moral fight, you got played. Big time. Think of Kevin Na. Made a pile and will come swanning back as a mid tier pro, but with way more money than he ever would have made.

Is Adidas going to go back to DJ? Other sponsors. This should be fun.

Great point. Do the LIV players get their sponsorship deals back? Or, do the sponsors drop everyone now?

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:55 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Revenge Tour: Donald Trump urges players to defect, predicts LIV Golf-PGA Tour merger

July 20, 2022

Donald Trump continues to show his contempt for the PGA Tour after losing the only chance to host one of golf's four major championships.

The former president teed off on the PGA Tour on his social media platform telling golfers to join the Saudi-financed LIV Golf Series.

In typical Trump retaliatory style, he told golfers to, "take the money now," predicting the Tour would eventually merge with LIV Golf. Trump's anger at professional golf stems from the PGA of America moving the 2022 PGA Championship out of his club in Bedminster, N.J., after the Jan. 6, 2021 insurrection on the US Capitol.

Quote:
"All of those golfers that remain 'loyal' to the very disloyal PGA, in all of its different forms, will pay a big price when the inevitable MERGER with LIV comes, and you get nothing but a big 'thank you' from PGA officials who are making Millions of Dollars a year," Trump wrote on Truth Social Monday.

"If you don't take the money now, you will get nothing after the merger takes place, and only say how smart the original signees were."

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/sports/pga/2022/07/19/liv-golf-donald-trump-urges-pga-tour-players-pga-championship-revenge/10096725002/
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:10 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I understand 9/11 families’ fury at US golfers taking dirty Saudi millions, says Rory McIlroy in swipe at LIV defectors

Jun 14 2022

RORY McILROY has taken another swipe at golf’s Saudi-backed rebels and questioned whether they are playing for “dirty money”.

The Northern Irish star understands the outrage directed at the LIV Golf defectors by the families of people who lost loved ones in the 9/11 atrocities — largely carried out by terrorists from Saudi Arabia.

A survivors’ support group, 911familiesunited.org, savaged Phil Mickelson and the rest of the American golfers for joining the controversial new circuit.

And in a second open letter, they said those players should be “ashamed” after Mickelson tried to deflect criticism in his US Open press conference.

McIlroy — who wants nothing to do with the breakaway — said:

Quote:
“I understand the point of view of those families. I think everything that’s happening with this new tour, it legitimises their place in the world.

“I’ve spent a lot of time in the Middle East and the vast majority of people I’ve met there are very nice. But there’s bad people everywhere.

“The bad people that came from that part of the world did some absolutely horrendous things. So I appreciate where these families are coming from.

“In this day and age, everything is just so intertwined.

“It’s hard to separate sport from politics and dirty money from clean money.

“I have friends who lost people in 9/11 and it’s a really tragic thing. So I can empathise with those families and I certainly understand their concerns and frustrations with it all.”

Very interested to hear from Rory now that he's in the same position as Mickelson.

What does he say now to those same family members? I'm going to guess crickets.....

Like Herm Edwards always preaches, don't press send Rory.

For all the PGA Tour members who made this an ethics/morals issue, it's time to practice what they preach.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 26 of 33
Jump to: