OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8006, 8007, 8008 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:49 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Car54 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
ocho wrote:
Yeah barring a trade you can’t go into the season with a guard core of Westbrook, Nunn, and Monk and expect to guard anyone. Too small and, in Westbrook’s case, disinterested.

That's why I would be shocked if Russ is on the roster when the season starts.....I think Rob values his job too much and will go to all extremes to dump him...Or Rob gets fired

you’re going to be so so shocked

LOL...you might be right Car...but if that's the case Rob is gone which is probably a good thing....and it'll be a wasted Bron year which I don't think he wants to waste any years...so again my $ is on Russ being gone.

If there is a positive or neutral trade to be made, you're probably right. If the only option is John Wall for Westbrook and a draft pick, it's a different matter. A few weeks ago, I didn't think that there were any positive or neutral trade options. At this point, I can't tell. The noise is drowning out the signal.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-hornets-looking-trade-hayward-170059955.html

However, the most interesting rumor comes from Kevin O’Conner of the Ringer and Marc Stein of Substack who say the Hornets have interest in Russell Westbrook — not as a player, but because while he will make $47 million this season (once he picks up his player option), it is the last year of his deal. Hayward has two years ad $61.5 million on his contract, and Terry Rozier‘s four-year, $96 million contract extension is about to kick in — Charlotte would love to trade Rozier and Hayward to get off their contracts and take the shorter deal for Westbrook. The Lakers, however, are about to clean up their books and don’t want those two longer contracts.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Cleveland is acquiring Sacramento's pick at 49 in tonight's NBA draft for the rights to Sasha Vezenkov, sources tell ESPN. Vezenkov, 26, was a first-team All-EuroLeague forward this season. He was the 57th pick in the 2017 NBA Draft.

Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:51 am    Post subject:

prediction: draft will come and go and lakers will not be able to buy any pick

Thanks Ex Agent Rob Pleinka
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:53 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
ocho wrote:
Yeah barring a trade you can’t go into the season with a guard core of Westbrook, Nunn, and Monk and expect to guard anyone. Too small and, in Westbrook’s case, disinterested.

That's why I would be shocked if Russ is on the roster when the season starts.....I think Rob values his job too much and will go to all extremes to dump him...Or Rob gets fired

Doing desperate trades like including our frp to unload Westbrick would get him fired too. I know we all want to get rid of Brick, but we'd have to consider the cost of doing so.

I know what you mean....however standing pat...with Russ, Bron, AD and only the MLE and minimum deals will absolutely miss the play-offs and cost Rob his job...trading Russ and a first for quality players that get you in the play-offs won't. Don't ask me who the quality players are but if the Clips can net Powell and Convington for Bledsoe definitely gives me hope.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:54 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
If there is a positive or neutral trade to be made, you're probably right. If the only option is John Wall for Westbrook and a draft pick, it's a different matter. A few weeks ago, I didn't think that there were any positive or neutral trade options. At this point, I can't tell. The noise is drowning out the signal.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-hornets-looking-trade-hayward-170059955.html

However, the most interesting rumor comes from Kevin O’Conner of the Ringer and Marc Stein of Substack who say the Hornets have interest in Russell Westbrook — not as a player, but because while he will make $47 million this season (once he picks up his player option), it is the last year of his deal. Hayward has two years ad $61.5 million on his contract, and Terry Rozier‘s four-year, $96 million contract extension is about to kick in — Charlotte would love to trade Rozier and Hayward to get off their contracts and take the shorter deal for Westbrook. The Lakers, however, are about to clean up their books and don’t want those two longer contracts.

This is what I mean by "noise." I'm not sure that O'Connor or Stein have any actual insider knowledge from the Hornets. I'm not saying that this is false. I'm saying that it's impossible to tell right now.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:01 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
ocho wrote:

Doing desperate trades like including our frp to unload Westbrick would get him fired too. I know we all want to get rid of Brick, but we'd have to consider the cost of doing so.

I know what you mean....however standing pat...with Russ, Bron, AD and only the MLE and minimum deals will absolutely miss the play-offs and cost Rob his job...trading Russ and a first for quality players that get you in the play-offs won't. Don't ask me who the quality players are but if the Clips can net Powell and Convington for Bledsoe definitely gives me hope.

We stood pat at the trade deadline because nobody wanted to deal with us. It's what I've been saying all along. Our frp is valuable but if you attached to a big liability such as Westbrick, then our frp doesn't seem too enticing anymore. As of now, Brick's expiring is only somewhat valuable for the Hornets. How can you expect "quality players" in return if you're not offering anything of value? How can you "expect" Rob to do anything if there's nothing he could do? Do you know of a way he could force the other GM to work with him? lol...
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:06 am    Post subject:

I've already forseen all of this coming. Nobody is gonna even talk to the Lakers. That's why after the trade deadline I suggested we benched Brick and let THT and Reaves have a lot of minutes. Since their value was so low, it could only go up. If THT or Reaves balled out, then we'd have something to offer. Right now, we have nothing to offer. Our frp isn't that great if we have to include Brick and our trade partner doesn't want expiring contracts.

Nobody will help us. We have to help ourselves. Build thru the undrafted market. Buy a second round pick with all the precious millions we've saved up!
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:07 am    Post subject:

We may want to give Cleveland a call.

Quote:
The Cavaliers have four picks in tonight's draft now: 14, 39, 49 and 56.

wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:09 am    Post subject:

Why would we clean up Mitch Kupchak's mistakes? When we already fired a guy to bring in a new guy who could clean up the mess with WB? No matter how anyone slices it, I think the #1 reason Ham was chosen is that they feel at a worse case scenario if they have to keep Westbrook and do a big 3 2.0, Ham will not have the same issues as Vogel did. I think this is a safe bet. Sure WB will be WB, but he won't be the complete problem he was last year, and even if he is/will be, Ham will have the cahones to sit him extended periods or get into his face.

While I want WB traded, I certainly see no positive light in trading him for worse players making too much money on much more years. As much as I dislike his presence on the Lakers, you have to just deal with it.

What tempts me is using the future pick and WB and possibly getting a younger athletic player in his prime who makes big money but is worth it. Someone like Brogdon. Or taking a chance on a star that fits better. Have to evaluate in those situations if moving the pick is worth it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Kyrie is not someone I would like to have as a foundational piece on my team. This is such a shame b/c he is such a gifted basketball player, but oddly, he doesn't really seem to like playing professional basketball. I just don't see Kyrie/Lakers happening for a myriad of reasons, and I just don't want to go multiply our already considerable mistakes at PG (first and Green for Dennis, letting him go for nothing, then Kuz/KCP/1st/Trezz for Russ, and likely another first to dump Russ).

Your argument against Kyrie Irving is Dennis Schroder. You need a new agenda

Good lord. You really need to learn how to read posts before responding.

I said Dennis was a mistake.
So too was Russ.

And independently, I don't want to make another mistake chasing another PG in Kyrie (and likely having to trade the 27/29 1sts to do so).

Please read before responding.

Agreed. I dislike this thing of chasing names. Kyrie a a great player, when he plays (last 3 years he played like 103 games?), but he is a distraction and seems to take pride in sinking teams. Yeah, he won with LeBron and I'll take that as an exception.

IMO; Lakers would be better off filling the roster IF POSSIBLE with complementary players for LJ & AD.

Bringing a head case in and you'll get what you paid for; "some" great scoring and a lot of distractions.

Also, it's not worth debating unless it actually happens..
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:14 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
Cleveland is acquiring Sacramento's pick at 49 in tonight's NBA draft for the rights to Sasha Vezenkov, sources tell ESPN. Vezenkov, 26, was a first-team All-EuroLeague forward this season. He was the 57th pick in the 2017 NBA Draft.

Cavs also sent $1.75M, so that's roughly the value for picks.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:14 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Quote:

LBJ should tell them he may consider joining them in 2 years if they give us the 39/49th picks.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:16 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Sure WB will be WB, but he won't be the complete problem he was last year, and even if he is/will be, Ham will have the cahones to sit him extended periods or get into his face.

Wolf, there is no way to know this. And Ham may feel pressure as the new guy to cave into Russ, or not. Can't assume both these huge assumptions are true.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:16 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Quote:

Here are the teams that have all the 2nd round picks…

Quote:

31 Indiana (from Houston via Cleveland)
32 Orlando
33 Toronto (from Detroit via San Antonio, Washington and Chicago)
34 Oklahoma City
35 Orlando (from Indiana via Milwaukee)
36 Detroit (from) Portland
37 Sacramento
38 San Antonio (from L.A. Lakers via Chicago and Washington)
39 Cleveland (from San Antonio via Utah)
40 Minnesota (from Washington via Cleveland)
41 New Orleans
42 New York
43 LA Clippers
44 Atlanta
45 Charlotte
46 Portand (from Brooklyn via Detroit)
47 Memphis (from Cleveland via New Orleans and Atlanta)
48 Minnesota
49 Cleveland (from Sacramento via Chicago via Memphis and Detroit)
50 Minnesota (from Denver via Philadelphia)
51 Golden State (from Toronto via Philadelphia)
52 New Orleans (from Utah)
53 Boston
— Milwaukee (forfeited)
— Miami (from Philadelphia via Denver; forfeited by Miami)
54 Washington (from Dallas)
55 Golden State
56 Cleveland (from Miami via Indiana)
57 Portland (from Memphis via Utah)
58 Indiana (from Phoenix)

This is the baseline to get into the bottom 13 picks of the 2nd round = 1.75m

Quote:
Source confirms to @TheAthletic that the #Cavs are acquiring Sacramento's pick at No. 49 for the rights to Sasha Vezenkov. Cleveland is also sending $1.75 million in cash. Cavs have picks Nos. 14, 39, 49 and 56 tonight.

We currently have roughly 4.4m at our disposal.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:17 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
governator wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

This is what I mean by "noise." I'm not sure that O'Connor or Stein have any actual insider knowledge from the Hornets. I'm not saying that this is false. I'm saying that it's impossible to tell right now.

yeah, I'm sure our FO is working the phone. I do hope WB gets moved, it'll be an awkward locker room if he doesn't
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:19 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/chris_broussard/status/1539961077206761472?s=21&t=tow5qnHWvHL4g7FTY9bUHQ

How do idiots like this get on TV?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:21 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
ocho wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

32 Orlando
34 Oklahoma City
37 Sacramento
41 New Orleans
42 New York
43 LA Clippers
44 Atlanta
45 Charlotte
48 Minnesota
53 Boston
— Milwaukee (forfeited)
55 Golden State

Quote:
Source confirms to @TheAthletic that the #Cavs are acquiring Sacramento's pick at No. 49 for the rights to Sasha Vezenkov. Cleveland is also sending $1.75 million in cash. Cavs have picks Nos. 14, 39, 49 and 56 tonight.

GS prob wanna dump theirs
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:21 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
The "wasted bron year" narrative is funny.

It is cuz it's actually two wasted years. I mean Lebron has been playing up to his contract so it's the Lakers and Jeanie and co that have let him down.

Or it’s his agency and his unavailable co-pilot that self-inflicted these wounds and wasted contention seasons since every move they wanted was made until Jeanie and Lakers Co. said enough last trade deadline.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:26 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/chris_broussard/status/1539961077206761472?s=21&t=tow5qnHWvHL4g7FTY9bUHQ

he has been clueless for a long time now
wongst288
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:27 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
ocho wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

32 Orlando
34 Oklahoma City
37 Sacramento
41 New Orleans
42 New York
43 LA Clippers
44 Atlanta
45 Charlotte
48 Minnesota
53 Boston
— Milwaukee (forfeited)
55 Golden State

Because we are the Lakers, all teams will ask for 5mil for any 2nd round pick.. For all other teams, 1.75mil...
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:28 am    Post subject:

wongst288 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
ocho wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

32 Orlando
34 Oklahoma City
37 Sacramento
41 New Orleans
42 New York
43 LA Clippers
44 Atlanta
45 Charlotte
48 Minnesota
53 Boston
— Milwaukee (forfeited)
55 Golden State

Because we are the Lakers, all teams will ask for 5mil for any 2nd round pick.. For all other teams, 1.75mil...

100% accurate
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:28 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Yep #sauces
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:30 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Yep #sauces

SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:34 am    Post subject:

Broussard was LeBrons mouthpiece during his 1st tour as a Cav. Since then he’s a nobody.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:39 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

True. Really? John Wall?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8006, 8007, 8008 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 8007 of 8560
Jump to: