Pope Benedict XVI Listens to 2Pac

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Pope Benedict XVI Listens to 2Pac

Quote:
If his playlist is any indication, the Pope has the most catholic of musical tastes.
A selection posted on the Myspace website in the name of the Vatican features tracks from artists ranging from Shirley Bassey to rapper Tupac Shakur.
The list is one of several offered in a new music service from Myspace in which celebrities are asked to name their favourite songs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1232714/Pontiffs-playlist-Is-Pope-Benedict-XVI-secret-rap-lover.html#ixzz0YkUhq6PO
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject:

i bet the track is "hit em up"
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject:

The Vatican has a MySpace?

The Pope listens to rap?

OK, this is weird.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rchanou
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:

How Do You Want It

This topic is ripe for parody.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject:

When people listen to 'Pac with an open mind and look past the stereotypes and all the hear say about him being just a thug they realize that Tupac was a truly special human being, far more than just a rapper or whatever label he could possibly be given.

As much as i love the Lakers and love basketball, i'll never have a hero who means as much to me as 'Pac.

Had he been able to live up to his full potential, the possibilities are endless, and that is what makes our loss all the more heartbreaking. Tupac was the voice of our generation, an intelligent and insightful human being, misunderstood by many who never took the time to actually listen to his words, and instead they condemned him while all the while being ignorant to how special he was.

It makes me happy to see that there's some people out there who saw 'Pac for what he really was...

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Can you imagine the Pope bumping 'My Ambitionz as a Ridah??'

Or when he does one of those huge masses, have the processional music be 'All Eyez on Me.'
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
When people listen to 'Pac with an open mind and look past the stereotypes and all the hear say about him being just a thug they realize that Tupac was a truly special human being, far more than just a rapper or whatever label he could possibly be given.

As much as i love the Lakers and love basketball, i'll never have a hero who means as much to me as 'Pac.

Had he been able to live up to his full potential, the possibilities are endless, and that is what makes our loss all the more heartbreaking. Tupac was the voice of our generation, an intelligent and insightful human being, misunderstood by many who never took the time to actually listen to his words, and instead they condemned him while all the while being ignorant to how special he was.

It makes me happy to see that there's some people out there who saw 'Pac for what he really was...

good post. You'd think I came straight out of 50's diner but I definitely love me some Pac.
Ko8e8ryant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject:

I bet he blasts "Picture me Rollin'" in his Popemobile.

- Andy Warhol
Robbie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Thug passion
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:

i've listened to pac before the hype was there. i was rolling with pac during holla if ya hear me, during brenda got a baby. during same song, etc, etc. before he blew up and came to death row.

even though a lot of what he had to say was truth. a lot of what he had to say was confusion. confusion a lot of young men from the hood have. which is why i cringe when i hear people putting super high on a pedestal. he COULD"VE been the next martin/malcom. but he would've had to let those demons that were steering him the wrong way die.

what we got a chance to do with pac is see a young man from the hood with serious gifts with the blood of black panthers running thru his veins speak. that is great and also not so great at the same time. his mom was great (bpanther)but then not so great at the same time(drug addict). thats exactly what pac was in his music. therefore he cant be a hero unless he overcame those things. he never did before he past away. or if he did we didn't know about. pac was a super talented human being. end of story. not a hero via his music. dont confuse great talent with hero.

back to the topic. this still baffles me. but i love it to an extent. i never imagined hiphop going this far. banging LL's my radio. who would've thought.... THE POPE. WOW.
PushingtheLimit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject:

You know the Pope blasts California Love ALL day!
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject:

thug mansion and ghetto gospel
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject:

He also listens to Slayer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Jesus Saves.

BTW, Tom Araya, who sings for Slayer, is Catholic. A practicing Catholic. A practicing Catholic who believes Jesus is His Saviour. Who sings for Slayer. Is Catholic.
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject:

Dear Mama... always makes me cry
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject:

slippy wrote:
Quote:

Jesus Saves.

BTW, Tom Araya, who sings for Slayer, is Catholic. A practicing Catholic. A practicing Catholic who believes Jesus is His Saviour. Who sings for Slayer. Is Catholic.

Doesn't bother me. He can believe whatever he wants as long as he and Slayer continue to be amazing. Kerry King writes all of the anti-religious lyrics anyway. I'll be seeing them in Long Beach
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject:

I always found that irony funny. Slayer's very anti-war too, even though it doesn't quite sound that way.

World Painted Blood is pretty good, but I hate the production. When will the double bass drums sound right again?
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject:

slippy wrote:
I always found that irony funny. Slayer's very anti-war too, even though it doesn't quite sound that way.

World Painted Blood is pretty good, but I hate the production. When will the double bass drums sound right again?

Yeah the production is reminiscent of Death Magnetic with the whole "Loudness War" thing. It's pretty good but could have been better.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject:

Untouchable [Swizz Beatz Remix]
Monta Ellis: "Kobe is #1, I'm #2, LeBron is #3."
rchanou
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
Moses wrote:

i've listened to pac before the hype was there. i was rolling with pac during holla if ya hear me, during brenda got a baby. during same song, etc, etc. before he blew up and came to death row.

even though a lot of what he had to say was truth. a lot of what he had to say was confusion. confusion a lot of young men from the hood have. which is why i cringe when i hear people putting super high on a pedestal. he COULD"VE been the next martin/malcom. but he would've had to let those demons that were steering him the wrong way die.

what we got a chance to do with pac is see a young man from the hood with serious gifts with the blood of black panthers running thru his veins speak. that is great and also not so great at the same time. his mom was great (bpanther)but then not so great at the same time(drug addict). thats exactly what pac was in his music. therefore he cant be a hero unless he overcame those things. he never did before he past away. or if he did we didn't know about. pac was a super talented human being. end of story. not a hero via his music. dont confuse great talent with hero.

back to the topic. this still baffles me. but i love it to an extent. i never imagined hiphop going this far. banging LL's my radio. who would've thought.... THE POPE. WOW.

Mbengaposterized
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Here is the Pope's favorite 2pac song

Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject:

rchanou wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Moses wrote:

He was a hero because he sent out a message in his lyrics that made him so much more than just a rapper, he still followed his dreams while never having to abandon his beliefs. He was a lot like many young men who grapple with their inner demons, and though he didn't always make the right choices, he gave people like him something to relate to.

I always feel proud when i talk about 'Pac or when i listen to him, the man was a genius and it never ceases to amaze me how many people he reached through his words, and how many peoples lives have been changed by the messages from his songs.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:39 am    Post subject:

He just wonders if Heaven has got a Ghetto.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:27 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
Moses wrote:

I just listened to holla if ya hear me on youtube. The energy is amazing coming from that, makes me want to run.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: